What next?

28 years old, house will be paid off in July, no outstanding debt. I make 102,000 USD annually. What do I do next? I dont really have a solid plan after this. This was my short term goal, I need a new one.

Attached: retire.jpg (2121x1414, 443.89K)

Give any excess to neets so they wont have to kill themselves and make their mothers sad. Be the hero.

I have never and likely never will donate money to anything. If I am ever feeling like spreading the wealth I pay for my friends meals and drinks etc. Thats where the charity starts and ends

My goal when I make it is to buy cheap homes in distressed (black) neighborhoods and clean them up on the outside. Then not rent them or sell them. Just let them sit there looking nice and clean while locals seething

Well then I hope you find nothing but pain and misfortune in life. Goodbye.

Drugs and hookers

cya

Happily married, and most drugs give me anxiety like a MFer. Weed was cool when I was young but now if I take one hit I feel like I cant breath. I stick to alcohol now.

Get married.

try edibles. I stopped smoking but still use edibles. Way better high and no coughing or damage to your lungs. try LSD or magic mushrooms

Best charity comes with dignity. Hire a local kid to mow the lawn, rake the leaves, that sort of thing. Maybe pay a bit more. Teaches the value of work.

I didnt exactly buy a house in a "black hood" but it is like lower-middle class housing. If I had to ball park it id say this neighborhood is ehhhh 150k a home whereas the nice house are 300k a home. There are certainly worse areas in my city. This one is safe, and affordable, and has allowed me to renovate without breaking the bank

I didn’t mean for you to live there. My paid for home is in a nicer part of town as well. I am just saying collect homes since you know how to pay them off.

I have a rule I stick to which is never pay anyone to do anything you can do yourself. The only single thing I paid someone to do since buying my house was cut down a large tree. Even that I had climbing rigs and shit in my amazon cart for weeks before deciding it wasnt worth it. I do find some value in what you said though and I on occasion have given the local grifters a 20$ to rake my leaves.... It makes me cringe every time cause Id happily do it myself for free

1. This is a troll thread and you've left out a bunch of information about how you lucked into or inherited this position from life. You're broken enough to post here and you're not fooling anyone here or IRL, people are just too polite to point it out.

2. Imagine typing this out and then wondering why your life feels empty and directionless. Because you're probably a narcissist and won't be able to figure it out without direct assistance: You are hard wired to take significance from responsibility as an adult human being, a distinction from your childhood years and developing brain. You will only ever find contentment when people and processes depend on you for their continuation, which you will never achieve with the attitude you lay out in this post.

Now stop coming to Zig Forums for life advice.

Maybe kids don’t do this anymore but when I was young shoveled snow for people. They course could have done it themselves but they paid me a $1 to do it. I myself am glad for the experience.

Get a girlfriend you faggot

Set an amount you can pay yourself a year when retired. example $1000 A week. plan how live you want to live for e.g. 80 yrs old.

52 years old X 52000 a year = 2.7 mill

Once house is paid off save up 3 mill then quit forever or do something you love.

Nigger I got four paid for homes and didn’t inherit shit. Even if it was inherited, so what? An inheritance means your parents or grandparents made good decisions.

Good morals user. Charity now days does not help anyone, poor people only indicate a broken system. your money won't fix it.

I know this may sound retarded.... but I have not saved a single dollar for retirement.

I dont like the idea of having my money locked up till im 60+ years old.

Got any more "man if i just had xyz dollars i would" kind of ideas? I dont think I can bring myself to putting away thousands of dollars that I wont see till im over 60 years old

Just dont respond to that guy. Hes a broke neet who has never earned anything in his life and assumes everyone is as useless as him.

Shit hands must fold (him)

I worked 2 full time jobs to put myself through both a bachelors and masters degree (me)

Dunno if u have 401k or not, but if so, make sure to get the match at least. Try to go all the way to $19.5k

Also, IRA is your friend. Tax free compounding bro.

Retirement funds have tax advantages but if that doesn’t matter to you try becoming a dividend investor.

>I have more money than I know what to do with

>I dont like the idea of having my money locked up till im 60+ years old.

Attached: 3b0.jpg (894x894, 368.45K)

I have an account I can access anytime. If you are half disciplined just watch it accumulate with that number in mind, or put a set amount into a crypto or stock you can take out anytime. Fuck locking up funds.
In my country I can't get out a forced retirement fund i have to pay into until I'm 65.
No savings at all is bad.

Also buy a patch of land away from the city for a more wholesome experience for your family, build a new house on it and rent out your current abode.

Realistically if I max an IRA out every year (which I can easily do after this July) What am I looking at end result assuming I survive long enough to see the money.

Worst/Average/Best case as I am full aware of the shit show markets can display on peoples retirement accounts. My parents will probably never retire cause of that shit. (probably why i am skeptical of retirement accounts)

>buy a patch of land away from the city for a more wholesome experience for your family, build a new house on it and rent out your current abode.

The wife is a budding architect (well working on getting license that shit takes a while). Its not the worst idea and we have discussed this a few times. She likes the city life as do I so it might be a later in life kind of goal

Then checkout a ROTH IRA. No tax penalty since the income was already taxed.

I can google it if you dont want to bother explaining.

If there is no penalty for pulling out, than how does it differ from any other investment account? I do have a small portfolio I dabble with mostly as gambling money (lol). I only ever put about 10-20k in there to play with day trades on speculation.

Trad IRA. Money you invest is not taxed until you withdrawal and deducted from your current taxable income.
ROTH IRA. Money is taxed now and can be withdrawn with no taxes at retirement age.

But do look it up for the details. What I gave you was the tldr version. There is plenty of information out there on this.

Sounds like a roth is better for early age investments as they will have a longer time to grow & as a result will offset the post tax hit you take on deposit?

>Imagine typing this out
Imagine typing a response this long. Holy shit.

As I said earlier Just ignore the neets. They will never understand that people can and often do earn an above average life... even when they come from a modest family.

Mom's a nurse and Dad's a welder...So privileged.

I guess I was fortunate enough to have parents that loved me and gave me moral strength.

The assumption is with the Trad is that the taxes you defer will be taxed at a lower rate in the future. I believe this is a bad assumption. With a ROTH you get the taxes out of the way now while you can afford it and plan for it.