Is working at a FAANG company worth it

Or does it really take years off your life?

Attached: 1*dqc9peXAN_zSS-T1-Kq5-A.jpg (2000x1333, 82.74K)

ex alphabet employee here. You make a lot of money but it is in fact very cringe and bluepilled

If you are genuinely smart or willing to work 70+ hours a week to not get PIPed, it's not a bad way to make money. I would only recommend it if you don't feel like taking risks with starting your own business.

I worked at amazon, working a comfier job in NYC for about the same money now. Going to try to get into f/n/g soon.

I currently make $120k/year and I’ve done maybe 3 hours of actual work in the past month
Idc if google offered me $500k/year with a different big tittied prostitute sucking me off and letting me fuck her every day. This is the last job I will ever have.

was it stressful? how many hours a week did you work?
part of me just wants to get a job there just to see what its like. and then bounce after a week

Which company?

When they gonna ad the S (starbucks)?

what do you do user. I want to kms every day at my job and make barely half that

A very old company. There is nothing cutting edge or sexy about it. Codebase is relatively stable and industry moves as fast as molasses.
Avoid FAANG and startups and you’ll be on the right track

Software engineer, learn to code obviously so you can get the job done but much more importantly learn to finesse interviews, read people, and negotiate

Frequently 60+ hours. Very stressful. I was in a contract position, we were a group of young (20-25) engineers thirsty to be converted to full-time. The bosses knew this and dangled it in front of us throughout our two-year contracts. We were often encouraged to work overtime without additional compensation, blamed for our bosses mistakes, and shunned in general. Do not even consider working there unless they are offering you a full-time position. Also they are full SJW turbocucks 100% of the time.

whats your new job? what did you do at amazon?

im a facebook engineer, 24 years old. Making $220k a year or so before taxes. Started working here right after college and already been promoted once

last half I worked like 30hrs a week, this half has been more like 45hrs but only because I had some big projects to wrap up. Back to doing 30hr weeks now

Its great if you get on a good team and find a good niche. I'm basically the only one on the team who can do the things I do so I can't ever be fired and can Bullshit my time estimates for things

Did you use the man child play room? How many grown cucks actually roll around in the ball pit?

More like AN FAG

the culture at FAANG is absolute cringe, you will have to larp daily and it will destroy you within one year if you are not fit for it

I used all of that shit, it's mildly entertaining.

Why not be yourself?

amazon is like the Penn State of Faang, shut the fuck up faggot. you probably had some stupid contract-to-hire or junior level position and got one of your 10-page project propositions denied.

sounds pretty terrible. ive worked for startups before, I couldn't handle the passive aggressive high school shit people would pull on a daily basis

You're sacrificing all your upside potential to wagecuck to a small 7 figure retirement at 50

And you hit a promotion limit fairly early unless you invent some absolutely insane new shit that saves them millions, then you might get more promotions

At most they'll pay you a million a year and that's for several dozen engineers in a pool of like 10,000 or more across all offices depending on the company

GG

The best deal for a wagecuck dev is early engineering staff at a future unicorn

Dudes cashing out with $50-100 million and they weren't even a cofounder

But you will not pick the right one most likely or they won't hire you

work in a real position for on of the three decent companies on this list

can't imagine thinking my little startup that will only ever have regional impact or will sucker a bunch of investors and clients into a ride that crashes at the end, or that my little out-of-a-home-office-and-a-shed business could possibly compare to the utter joy of knowing you're actually working on something with global reach and significance

i get to look my family and friends in the eye and tell them without a hint of irony that my work changes the world, and that i'm part of the top .01% of performers in my industry beyond the shadow of a doubt just by operating at this scale

fuck you bozos with your pay comparisons and valuing your ability to be lazy. sorry you killed your inner child.

>im a facebook engineer, 24 years old. Making $220k
why did i fuck my life up

Attached: 1585916975875.png (1198x1080, 926.04K)

Enjoy living in a shoebox and working with soibois lmao

>the utter joy of knowing you're actually working on something with global reach and significance
imagine being this cucked

You're making the mistake of thinking everyone at these companies is cucking their obscene pay into 401k or reinvesting into the company.

My career is set for life. "Engineer at FAANG, 4 years" guarantees I'll never, ever be unemployed again so long as I live. That means I can take obscene risks like pouring every dime of spare pay from my frankly obscene salary (larp some more for us about how you make 9 figures please) and put it into Chainlink or some other 100x'ing shitcoin. If I pop off on even one of my bets, I'll make more than you've seen in the last decade, chump.

I was, bitches called me awful, yet they swam around me like pussies in mating season.

If you were a cancer researcher, I'd admit the holier than thou approach, but as a software engineer? Kid gtfo.

Currently working at a unicorn in SF. The bluepilled culture is really killing me. Diversity hires everywhere, giant pride flags, orange man bad memes in the general slack channel.

Covid WFH is an absolute blessing, I'm spared from listening to these faggots talk about their cringe netflix shows at lunch.

>Or does it really take years off your life?
Amazon made my life miserable, and I friend of mine who works at Google is having a similar experience.

Not gonna make it ljl
True upside potential is in yourself and your businesses not shitcoins

You can't even do side projects without appealing to some legal team that will deny it 99% of the time

GG

was a Amazon assembly drone for 6 months.

youre literally a robot. I have no doubt the outbound assembly line workers will be replaced by robots in 10 years.

the work week was four 10 hour shifts (11 including lunch/ breaks) you worked 2.5 hours then got a 15 minute break. 2.5 hours, 30 minute break. 2.5 then another 15 min break then your last 2.5 hours and go home. absolutely mundane.

the benefits were bomb though. free health insurance, 40 hours PTO, 40 hours vacation, 2 RSUs (had to work for 2 years before you got to actually get them)

there were several shifts a week where you could take "VTO" (voluntary time off) and just leave without pay if they were slow.

never had a side job application rejected, not even once
your flyover state bitterness is showing. going to guess... St. Louis?

maybe New Jersey?

You could be miserable at amazon or zogle earning bank or being miserable as a labourer in construction. Guess which one I think you'll choose. If you're not making bank at a high tier tech company, why are you even there?

"Side job"

You're not a FAANG alert! goodbye

Nice pay and looks good on paper.
Amazon isn't half bad for getting your foot in the door. If you don't have a degree or an established career yet, you could land a job at an Amazon warehouse and hold out until they open Tier-1/2 IT and maintenance jobs.
They have an "up or out" culture with lots of paid training. Established IT gets a lot of paid training and opportunities to move up the rank into corporate office roles or AWS.
I know one guy who applied to an entry level maintenance job with no training whatsoever back in 2016. They took him in, paid for all his tools and training, and now he's one of the lead operational techs and easily clears >$150k.

Yeah it is the lowest paying one. That's why I said my goal is fng. Why tf are you so angry