/XMR/ Monero General: Friday Edition

Sup Monero senpai, feeling comfy?
This daily general is for supporters of the cypherpunk ideology to hang out and help noobies learn about Monero, the most fungible cryptocurrency. We believe that Monero is the logical continuation of Bitcoin because it offers superior privacy, leading the way to many potential use cases. Discussion points include rising Dark Net adoption, news articles about Monero, daily transaction totals, and new technology updates to the Monero project.
Moonboy posting is discouraged, however price speculation and TA is fine.

Links:
Overview: web.getmonero.org/get-started/what-is-monero/
Daily Transaction Totals: bitinfocharts.com/comparison/monero-transactions.html
Mining Introduction: web.getmonero.org/get-started/mining/
Merchants that accept Monero: web.getmonero.org/community/merchants/
Crypto ATMs: coinatmradar.com/bitcoin-atm-near-me/

Feeling so comfy you want to get involved? We have a telegram now to discuss outreach and ways to improve adoption! Simply ask for an invite and we will get back to you.

Attached: monerowaifu.png (847x1200, 319.33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

t
youtu.be/GH3bQdW2D1U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Whats the telegram?

i think monero adoption is growing! i had an hour long conversation with my grandma yesterday about ring signatures, and she plans to only shop at places that offer extremely secure, private transactions for her weekly grocery trips. sounds unbelievable right? well youre right this never happened and monero has been dead for years now with no meaningful fundamental growth beyond "muh extreme privacy" which no one cares about

see pic related. what was that about no fundamental growth?
t dot me/joinchat/RzBppVXb6p1_fS3jM47yqg//

Attached: monerodailytransactions.png (1857x733, 218.01K)

>see pic related. what was that about no fundamental growth?

i was approximating. 10k transactions/day for a 6 year old project is embarrassing.

Completely all in Monero. Feels comfy

Attached: ED97CFC4-3B22-490A-87C5-2FDA6DA1EA96.png (1082x695, 483.51K)

Approximating? No, you were just talking out of your ass.
The dark net is provably adopting Monero whether you realize this or not. Individuals who need privacy are using Monero to "wash" Bitcoin, or in cases such as White House Market, are just using Monero. This is happening despite the network effect that Bitcoin commands among cryptos that are used as cryptocurrency.
Find me another cryptocurrency that is actually showing long term growth in adoption like Monero. There aren't any.

I love monero

Attached: XMR feels.png (788x669, 272.05K)

>Find me another cryptocurrency that is actually showing long term growth in adoption like Monero. There aren't any.

lol ok

Attached: Capture.jpg (1245x586, 47.39K)

Of course Ethereum is one of the projects to keep an eye on, but acting like Ethereum has shown long term growth is purposely obtuse. They have shown a short term explosion in transactions (mostly fueled by ICO scams fwiw)during the bull run and have stagnated since then. Compare this to Monero which has slowly grown since 2014 and is now churning out all time highs in transactions despite the bear market. Additionally Ethereum is a major player in the crypto market, but its purpose is built more on smart contracts and not as much as an exchange of value.

user, there are lots of reasons to doubt a technology. Your grandma, pretend or not, will never give a shit about new tech. It's built to deal with new problems in a world she's already checked out of. Grandmas in the 90s didn't fuck with cell phones, and they were clunky and a pain in the ass to use. They got more user friendly as the tech matured, much as using monero today is easier than it was 5 years ago.

You don't give a shit about privacy? Cool. I fuckin do. You can ride that etherium dick- I personally don't like that there's a digital imprint of me, created largely from my spending habits, which can be used by shady corporate or political actors to manipulate me in a dozen subtle ways.

And let me tell you, there's a whole lot of people out there who like buying things the government says they shouldn't have. At some point down the road, paper money is going the way of the dodo and your grandma and they'll need a private way to store and spend value. XMR is going after those users, and there's no one right now who's doing it better.

Bump

youtu.be/GH3bQdW2D1U

Live now: Greek crypto meet up ft fluffy, vik scharma, and Justin ehrenhofer

Attached: xXaglcv.jpg (724x345, 44.38K)

It should be switched, the boomer represents the fed, and it should be a Jew really.

Attached: cool-it-with-the-anti-semitic-remarks.jpg (472x472, 145.11K)

kek

Prep the Zyklon, we found the jew.

Bumpero

Bump because Monero is a god tier coin

your Zig Forums thread got cleaned up. stop shilling this inflated shitcoin.

>inflated shitcoin.
In the year 2040 there will be Less XMR than BTC.. But what would you know about that? You are clearly a fucking idiot and also a failed abortion

That was my thread!

Since /pol mods don't wanna entertain the discussion, I'll say it here:

Unless you're 100% on board with mainstream society, the odds are nonzero that, in the future, your beliefs and political leanings might be enough to get you fired or arrested.

How else are you going to donate to a political movement with true anonymity? Deplatforming is real and it's already here. Do you think that future iterations of the CHAZ, or any Nationalist movement, are going to be allowed to solicit funding through paypal?

Monero solves that problem already, and it's a problem that shows every indication that it's gonna get worse before it gets better.

Here's some other use cases for XMR, Anons:

*Safeguarding your money against hyperinflation, if your government isn't being financially responsible.

*Protecting your assets- whether in a divorce, a civil suit, or from the tax man.

*Transfer of cash across borders, say for a gambling trip, without running afoul of current asset limits.

*Acting as a conscientious objector to ensure your tax dollars aren't being spent unethically.

*pssssttttttttt* hey user, do you wanna get in on the real monero?

0xMonero is mineable and compatible with all Ethereum based exchanges, wallets, and Dapps. We are currently developing second layer privacy solutions for 0xMR. We will mint a non-mineable first layer privacy version of 0xMR (zkERC20 standard) for those requiring additional security (this token may not be fully compatible with all exchanges and will not replace 0xMR). A smart contract will enable swaps between 0xMR and the zkERC20 token.

Token Specifications:
- No premine
- No ICO
- No Masternodes
- No Founders Reward
- 18,400,000 token cap
- Difficulty Readjustment every 1024 Blocks
- Block Halving
- 10 Minute Blocktime
- GPU & CPU Mineable
- Deployed on the Ethereum mainnet 4-18-2020

Attached: 3514556.png (225x225, 4.39K)

Attached: 1591858191017.jpg (1080x1152, 352.43K)

yes because monero's success depends on grandmothers buying groceries with it.

>????.jpg

Attached: 0xMonero dot com.png (162x182, 59.53K)

Samefag

Attached: Photo_1591074725532.png (1080x704, 447.74K)

>its monero on ethereum
no its not, its a copy paste of 0xBTC code with the monero name slapped on top. It has no ring sigs, no bullet proofs, no dandelion++, no asic resistant mining, no smooth emissions, no Elliptic curves, no spend key priv key combo. It is nothing but a code fork of a failed token on a bloated network bogged down by chinese pyramid schemes, if you think its ever going to go anywhere your sadly mistaken

Listen up faggots- the dnc controls all the kike banks and payfags

Email the rnc and libertarian parties now and demand they take monero to stand up against dirty democrat surveillance

Based

Bruh.. Both parties are owned by kikes