What's the argument for and against renting instead of paying mortgage?

What's the argument for and against renting instead of paying mortgage?

Attached: Screenshot_20200520-152408_Gallery.jpg (1078x1439, 947.38K)

are you broke, bitch?
rent.

We have this thread everyday

Attached: _91408619_55df76d5-2245-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f.jpg (976x850, 57.91K)

just the catalog brainlet

Renting a place to live is stupid. You always need to live somewhere. If you can get approved for a mortgage, buy a place. Poor people rent.

oh my god princess you are so beatiful i would do anything for you my sweet little gem

>We have this thread everyday

That's because everyday we have most people still not understanding what "negative equity" is.

why is there a crack in the mirror darling?
were you angry about something?
please come here and let me hold you closely and we'll make it all better.
there, there, that's my sweet baby girl. everything is going to be alright

Renting = Borrowing a house, having and unlimited debt forever, similar to an interest-free mortgage but your short an asset, not money

Mortgage = Borrowing a fixed amount of money

Buying in cash = no debt

Read what Dave Ramsey says about this. Getting a mortgage when you can't afford it costs you more in the long run than you lose renting temporarily.

"i don't want to be tied down to a location and i don't want to buy an over priced speculative asset someone has already bagheld at 10x its real value.

Id buy a house but I imagine the fees and everything , real estate agent fees w/e make it not worth it if I was only going to stay in the house for 3 years

I own my house. It's fully paid for and property tax is pretty low ($1500/yr).
And DESU, I miss renting. I hate the resposibility of owning a house and that I have so much of my asset being tied to it.
I can't travel during the warmer months because who is going to mow 1.1 acres of grass? I am constantly fixing shit. I have to keep the landscape looking good so I don't get ticketed by the city. Exterior of the home need to look somewhat decent or it will catch the eyes of the city inspector.... i've been thinking of selling it but I am worried that I won't find such a good house with low property tax again.

More info on that?

uhh, go listen to Dave Ramsey?

sometimes a mortgage will make sense and sometimes it wont.
depends on many things including the loan amount, your debt to income, your savings, other areas of your financial life.

main thing Dave Ramsay says about mortgages , I think, is that its the only acceptable time to go in debt.
but again, only if you can manage to afford it without endangering your other financial stability and priorities

Depends on the area, your career, and your personality

However if you want a family at all, renting is a shit idea

Btw if you're white and don't want a family, please just kill yourself already you fucking loser thanks in advance degenerate

Attached: 1587589454975.png (1080x1082, 1.77M)

What is a landscaping company? If you rent your landlord pays for that anyway and bakes the cost into your rent. Doing it yourself when you own is just an optional way to save money.

I don't get when people complain about costs when owning, as if maintenance, taxes, etc. don't also apply to renting. The costs are just obscured because they are combined into one payment.

Rental houses still need to be repaired, rental houses have higher taxes, you can get tickets when your rent as well. None of that is unique to owning its just baked into rent.

>buying a house in cash and renting it out
Based
>renting a cheap place and investing
Based
>Getting a mortgage to buy a house
Cucked

>I can't travel during the warmer months because who is going to mow 1.1 acres of grass? I am constantly fixing shit.
Landscape maintenance costs me like $20 a week so I only do the gardening I want to do
As to fixing shit, what are you constantly breaking? If you have defective shit that fails constantly, something is wrong

Attached: 1584122629735m.jpg (714x1024, 100.87K)

no it's because tranny faggot op is running a psyop

Because going from renting to a mortgage, is not getting into debt, its reducing your debt. Unless you plan to be homeless, then you will always have to pay rent. Because you will always be in need of housing, so you are borrowing (in debt) a house when you rent.

A mortgage turns this liability into a fixed amount of money. You now own your own place to live, but you are in debt money. But you can pay that debt off, unlike renting where you will be paying an every increasing amount forever.

A mortgage is just "scarier" for people because it makes the total cost known, even though when you rent you are going to be paying a much higher amount over the same time period due to ever increasing rent and interest on the house you're borrowing (landlord has to invest capital into the property then lease it to you, and charges you a premium for it).

The only no debt way to live is to own your house without a mortgage. Otherwise renting is a bigger debt than a mortgage.

>shitskin pajeet upset his memecoins lost another slot in the catalogue

absolutely ABYSMAL

renting is unironically retarded

anyone who is over 24 who still rents is a man-child too poor to save a few thousand for a down-payment or is an unstable mess who wants the ability to move around the world (but will never actually do it)

Attached: SmartSelect_20200610-081410_Gallery.jpg (706x991, 244.48K)

For:
Don’t need to put up any capital except monthly rent. Allows you to deploy capital elsewhere or most likely you don’t have enough for a mortgage
Flexible, let’s you move around

Against:
Clearly the worse financial decision in the long term. If you rent something for $1500 a month you would likely pay $1000 a month in mortgage of which $300 would be interest so you’re paying 300 to someone else instead of 1500.

For Renting: Flexible, lets you move around

Against Buying: Less flexible. Makes it hard to move around, change jobs if that job change involves moving to another city/state/country

Why do you insist on posting fucking mentally I'll degenerate pervert trannies on biz? Trannies should be curb stomped into a bloody pile.

That's a man

Checked and based.

Attached: 1591912788170.jpg (1140x798, 276.17K)

You always have to eat too, do you count your grocery bill as a debt?

Debatable, at least in the UK. Living in desirable areas with good education + links to London can set you back £500k. Tfw I'm on double UK average (£60k) and it'll take me another 4-5 years for a deposit for a decent house due to London living costs

getting a mortgage is really just going long at 5x leverage (20% down payment) on a piece of property

renting is superior if you know a better asset to long