Overlord

Now that we know Overlord is ending on its 17th volume, would you say it was a mess which wasted its potential or a rushed masterpiece?

Attached: Nino Ainz.jpg (537x554, 92.47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

overbooru.world/post/view/8142
youtube.com/watch?v=sZsKaerdX6I
youtube.com/watch?v=uqUd7Q_GKuo
youtube.com/watch?v=KOZnLwgwfjo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yes

What happens at vol 16?

huge time skips between chapters, important events off screened, more new irrelevant characters introduced in intermission, sasuga this sasuga that

>a mess which wasted its potential or a rushed masterpiece?
What is the difference?

I'm just glad this shit is over so I can get on with my life

Attached: cr.jpg (1466x2047, 455.51K)

Good question

>Overlord and Konosuba end on the 17th volume
Join us in death skellyfags
>No more seasons
>endless Isekai Quartet Seasons
What a time to be alive

Attached: 1586456923627.png (297x178, 93.93K)

>overlord
>3 seasons
>konosuba
>2 seasons

Attached: 1541324228866.gif (593x401, 139.47K)

>Write books
>Grow to hate it
>Editors won't let you go out as you please

Konosuba got the movie, also
>acting like season 3 was some great triumph

fuck off aqua poster

Attached: 123262346.png (504x626, 300.17K)

Overlord also got a movie, granted it was just season 1 stuff with more content.

KOTAE WA DOKO EEE EEE E

no

Attached: 1585143921534.png (553x720, 390.44K)

Wait, really? Both this and Konosuba ending at 17? Pure coincidence right?

And yet, isekai quartet lives on? Well I guess we should be grateful. At least we're guaranteed to hear these guys again for while longer?

Yes. Vol9 TL drop made me an alcoholic.
Akshtsualie 10 more seasons of chibis would be tremendous for both Overlord and Konosuba.

For Overlord - they should've done entire show in chibi instead of trying and failing animating it "normally"

Attached: 1577045404122.jpg (1689x950, 660.06K)

>Wanting more isekai Quartet
Please no more i cant fucking take anymore of that shit.
The only good thing i have ever got out of it is a million more Aqua images

Attached: 1585071966025.jpg (484x639, 96.74K)

I meant separate chibi series, not quartet.

Attached: 1580103898216.png (562x582, 261.17K)

Definitely both. It's pretty rough around the edges at times, but it's still pretty great. It would certainly be wasted potential if the setting is never revisited again. It'd be a damn shame to let all of that world-building go to waste. Still, I've already braced myself for any disappointments, which I've come to accept are more or less inevitable at this point. I love this series and not even a rushed ending will change that.

rip

and

overBORED

Maybe as the author continues to write he will rekindle his love for the series and will continue on past volume 17 like he originally planned. Right?

Attached: 1573286753592.jpg (938x477, 57.73K)

Nino a best! Yotsuba a shit, a SHIT!

Albedo will never lose her virginity.

Nips are weird. It's like they don't ship and only watch shit for waifubait. Any MC that isn't skeleton without a dick or snipneless beta virgin - is considered a competition, not self-insert potential.

For a nation with so much NTR content I'd figure they would have thicker skip for shipping but no

Attached: 1571772077356.jpg (526x362, 57.92K)

Good. Isekai Quartet doesn't get the right to finish until Shiroe and Maple become main characters alongside Naofumi and Seiya.

Source?

Jesus christ i hope the ending is better for you overlordfags than konosuba.
Its a literal copy pasted from the WN open ended harem end for konosuba

Attached: 1587728645225.gif (663x720, 938.85K)

>shieldfag being the main guy of anything but his dogshit show
Isekai quartet is only even remotely watchable because of Konosuba and Overlord and Tanya herself

Overlord was pretty shit desu

Spoken like a CHAD which is why Nazarikino prefers Nino

I'm done with LNs

Rushed wasted potential. Definitely not a masterpiece

Author threw a fit over fan translations and said he was quitting. So, here we are. At least he's wrapping it up, I guess.

>So, here we are.
No we're not.
It was his usual post-volume destress shitpost, do you think he cooks infants too you fucking imbecile?

He's just throwing a towel because he was at it for 10+ years, isn't young anymore and doesn't know how to wrap shit up in a satisfactory fashion.

Read JRR Martin syndrome.

Attached: 1562522964240.jpg (700x460, 191.6K)

Rushed, there are characters that have yet to be fleshed out or make an appearance.

Also the foreshadowing for Clementines return never went anywhere.

keys pz?

Attached: 1580142922765.jpg (314x302, 37.15K)

I find it hard to imagine how the author would wrap things up in another 3 volumes, so it's definitely gonna be rushed.

I enjoyed it very much regardless and I thank the author and his existence for this (imo) masterpiece.

Idk, I think it would need a good ending to be considered a masterpiece, and it's unlikely to happen with the last volumes likely ending up rushed.

>NO THIS AND THAT!
Okay, faggot. I'll believe his own words that aren't obviously satire. If you weren't an autist, then you could see what's what.

How the fuck are they wrapping it up?
There's still like a gazillion questions left unanswered.

Yes you'll believe 2015 has 15 months too you fuckwit.

>Read JRR Martin Syndrome
Also Kentaro Miura Syndrome t b h

One just chooses to milk comatose cow the other mans up and kills it.

Attached: 1557095181053.png (1267x1109, 902.63K)

>AND NOW THIS HYPERBOLE I WANT TO TAKE LITERALLY PROVING I REALLY AM AN AUTIST!
lol okay faggot
Here's your last (You). Don't snort it all at once.

You can put the konosuba crew on there now too shitty rushed open ended final volume

Yes

How will the series be remembered in the end?
Edgy isekai?
Forgotten as half assed fantasy?
Funny sasugas skeleton novels?

yes

ntr is mostly for fat ugly neets, Hence why ugly bastard is so prevalent. Ever see the line to get into comiket? it's disgusting.

y-yeah haha

Attached: 1568733868966.jpg (1676x943, 465.19K)

EIGHT YEAAAARS

Attached: the hiatus gang.png (1267x1109, 1.01M)

So long! It was great while it lasted. But this is what you get from turning the manga into a generic "buy the LN" advertisement and getting KADOKAWA'd. Should have taken a page out of Slime's book and treated the adaptations more seriously, like how Slime's manga sells better than half of the stuff that Shueisha's "we don't accept any isekai" JUMPshit puts out does.

>manga

Attached: 1567977006096.png (1220x1623, 294.63K)

Skeleman probably dies after finally realizing he'd transformed himself back into an office prole only in fantasyland.

>Asian story fumbles, rushes to the end with a hard TWEEST to close itself off
What is it with you asian people and follow through? Why start a story if you don't know how it ends or plan out for it?

Attached: 654984565347861865451.jpg (1280x720, 135.68K)

low entry bar into the industry
learn what web novel means shitter

It was a good run, but nothing lasts forever. Thank you user, I want nothing but happy things for you.

Attached: 1508457527128.gif (400x279, 1.78M)

But that's exactly my point. Because the Overlord manga is so shit, it has no merit of its own and only exists to point readers to the LN. No effort put into it, it's just there to rot and remind people that the LN exists and for LN readers to shout "secondary!" at those who watched the anime and mistake the manga as the source material.

Was the Overlord... I mean, Demonlord killed in Konosuba at least, completing the goal of the story? Or was Aqua left forever stuck in that world, following a horny teen, a female gimp and a loli that loves when you explode inside her?

Chapter 3 Part 3
0bin key: cbyIMIBIlML4scRl#NqL-wG67pCA3NVbxQzzPSKI3gwh5hrEiqjW0Oo4zlLl

Nice fanfiction, thanks

On that somber note.

Thank you Hitori sama, nice repeating digits

Honestly one of the things I hate about what Maruyama did with the story is turn Ainz into a parody of himself, first few volumes we get Ainz being intelligent but inexperienced and plagued by self-doubt and paranoia and now he's just full on incompetent while everyone sings his praises.

Demon king is killed, but Kazuma dies as well. Eris reveals that there are multiple demon kings, so Kazuma uses this as an excuse to go back to the konosuba world, and he'll only go back to his original world once all the demon kings have been killed. However, he makes a wish to bring Eris with him instead, but Aqua tags along anyway. Open-ended harem ending.

That and plot hooks that were just left on the wall like some sort of unfired guns, at this point it’s a fucking military base’ armory.

BASED.
Thank you Hanzo Hitori. Let's take a moment, hold hands and remember the great times we had with Overlord, the series. I'm still sad, somber, depressed and anxious it's confirmed to be over but we had a good run.

Attached: 1510883688195.jpg (1200x673, 372.49K)

Yeah it’s the faggots we met along the way that made this ride worth the entrance fee.

Is it just me or does the Overlord manga have an artstyle which looks too cute for the premise and which has been deteriorating since the 5th LN adaptation?

At least haruhi got a LN ending

I think they know they are printing money at this point zero fucks given.

They know you will buy it regardless.

ninibros...

Attached: 1575433900461.jpg (720x652, 43.97K)

The manga will run for two more years, then go on infinite hiatus. That's how all these manga "adaptations" go. Officially, they are on ""hiatus"" unofficially, they stopped giving fucks and once the money ran out, they drop it, but will wait to see if fan outcry and demand is there to keep it going.

step 1 stop introducing new filler/fluff characters
step 2 finish everything that was foreshadow
step 3 end it however you like because its gonna be disappointing garbage regardless

there you go you fucking hack

>step 2 finish everything that was foreshadow
except you can't

yes you can unless you are mentally ill retarded baby

>yes you can
well you're not so do it yourself

I ll do it if you bother to post everything that is unresolved because I cant be arsed to remember it

yes you can unless you are mentally ill retarded baby

No he’s right there isn’t enough chapters to wrap everything up and end the story. Unless you offscreen 79% of the hooks.

Maple is shit. It's second rate isekai like How not to summon demon lord or Death March.

Bofuri isn't isekai.

I guess that's right. I only watched first episode but if story 90%+ time is set in game theres no that much difference.

Yes there is. Gameworld fantasy or MMO series are not isekai.

Game elements!=isekai

Turned into a mess and wasted its potential, but had a strong early run too. Dunno, honestly it's hard to call 17 volumes of text "rushed" in any way. Obviously some of the greatest works of fantasy/fiction/scifi ever are trilogies, or even kick off in a single book. Someone can say it's a "rushed ending" but I think that just highlights bad pacing and lack of planning.

Granted, that's not REMOTELY uncommon in this sort of scenario with an author who isn't super experienced and sees an unexpected hit that they then find themselves tied too. I actually have a certain amount of respect that he actually wants to be fucking done with it and move on to fresh creative fields, that's the key to becoming a better author later. But it won't make for a masterpiece.

So "wasted potential but it can't be helped and still was plenty fun for a while."

I am not saying they are isekai but thers not that much difference in watching MMO if you dont see character out of game often.

>no difference
There is.
Stakes.

>That's how all these manga "adaptations" go.
Fortunately there are exceptions to the rule.

Attached: Abyss.jpg (2230x1600, 1.64M)

Overlord is great and doomposters are wrong.
Warcrimes are not warcrimes if there is no human rights.

Attached: 1572833664671.png (188x149, 36.63K)

>got a LN ending
user I. . .

>posts sameface trash the manga

I don't get this part. According to spoilers Blue Rose ends up fleeing. But everyone is so tense and uptight and even straight up rude and distrustful despite the Black Scripture basically coming over to sell a rather obvious avenue for them to take. Azuth seems intent to tank the negotiations from the outset by bringing a bunch of whores with him.

Furthermore I really hope we get to see Keeno interact with Shalltear or her Vampire Brides but I imagine this is the closest we're going to get.

>TL’s Note
I wonder if Maruyama remembers and cares that Clem was most likely resurrected and knows about our protagonist's Raven Black secret.

>doomposters
havent seen this word in a while
where did you crawl from?

>Dunno, honestly it's hard to call 17 volumes of text "rushed" in any way
yeah fucking ludicrous. literally like FIVE THOUSAND PLUS (5000+) pages of words should be enough to wrap up fucking any story worth telling. do sequels someday if interested.

its typical cool-seed-idea, starts as random wn, gets adapted, takes off but zero fucking plan and just balloons and balloons and author realizes they are fucked.

>I wonder if Maruyama remembers and cares that Clem was most likely resurrected and knows about our protagonist's Raven Black secret.
sorry, due to a very traumatic death she lost her memory of that event
she now lives peacefully as a disabled fuck doll

I don't visit your general often sorry

>I wonder if Maruyama remembers and cares that Clem was most likely resurrected and knows about our protagonist's Raven Black secret.
lol like he still gives a shit about any of the dozen plot threads he's set up. This series will end with half that shit unanswered.

did you just imply that I browse only 1 thread that isnt even made that often recently? you sick fuck

post any loose end and I'll perfectly wrap them for you

Beyond what said seriously would it even matter at this point? There was a stage of things where that would have been a big secret reveal, but the more time passes the less it actually matters to anyone. Hell, at this point Ainz could probably just say "yeah I knew of him as a strong warrior so I pretended to be him that once" and lots of people would believe it (not like she knows about pandora). Or alternately just be like "yeah, ruse all along" and it'd be fine anyway, because everyone has gotten to see how he'd rule already. So if all that was his own will not some deal, well the ruse already served the purpose of buying time. It's past the point where it'd matter in their plans.

Overlord's greatest flaw was the principle story hook being an elaborate falsehood that the author never intended to follow up on; that is, Ainz was never going to meet any of his friends ever again. Its next most significant error was being a meandering and directionless mess that somehow made world domination boring. Its greatest strengths were always its worldbuilding and its choice of an evil, skeletal lich as its protagonist. Will it be worthwhile in the long run? Probably not, but I'm not going to write it off just yet. No one else will write a better series with a skeleton wizard MC, so I'm going down with this ship.

Clememtine, a high class courtesan that is also happens to be undead. Clients pay huge money to play with her exposed intestines.

The first season of Quartet was charming. The second was definitely missing something.

Someone should just kill Maruyama and take over the LN. He's a hack anyway so it won't matter.

But is is merely a Zuranon project to prepare an undead hooker to seduce the Sorcerous king.

Does Overlord really belong here? Our longest hiatus was a year.

Little did they know that the one who ended up being seduced turned out to be Philip.

And so Philip infiltrates Zuranon to unravel their schemes.

Attached: 1574699777746.png (653x948, 600.28K)

Had to check replies after that start to see if it was a shitpost. That was way too missleading.

Can Philip really prevail wearing nothing but a party costume of Sorcerous king that he wore to celebrate to Sorcerous king holy day?

Wasn't that one of the crime plots in Psycho-Pass?

Attached: 1580666477065.gif (500x281, 883.81K)

Hey guys, remember Zuranon, the secret undead organization that revived Clementine and was responsible for the Jewel of Death? Maruyama certainly doesn't.

Is it really ending? what's up with the last volume I haven't checked it.

what are you saying
he didnt even include Rhampossas pov
wouldnt hurt to see how old king treats this situation

Cope.

Attached: HinataSmile.png (310x339, 24.9K)

We should make a list of all the dropped plot threads. What I remember:

- The cause of the isekai
- The secret 42st supreme being
- The secret 10th member of Nine's Own Goal
- Nazarik's 8th floor
- Rubedo
- The 8th floor
- Clementine
- Zuranon
- Jewel of death
- Catastrophe Dragon Lord
- The secrets of the goblin horn
- The true forms of the guardians
- Alebdo's death squad and hatred of Ainz Ooal Gown

Evileye wanting to confess to Momon
Nfirea's potion experiments
The Elf and Dragon Kingdoms
That Talking Orb that Chomusuke got from Khajit
They mentioned some Desert place to the South with black haired black eyed people once

El Nix plot against the Sk

one for the road
>Thousand Mile Astrologer locked herself in her room again
>Damn it, the smell is seeping out into the hall - is she shitting in her period ball again?!?
>Captain busts down her door, starts choking.
>Violently rummages through her drawers, throws the only clean clothing at her disgusting naked body.
>Nightgown, panties, pants, two mismatched socks - why the fuck does this hat have a hand?

Attached: thousandmiles.jpg (1080x1334, 93.6K)

I think I can already guess how it will turn out: Ainz kills everyone and razes everything. The end.

10/10, genius ending, Maruyama does it again.

Finding a different player that got isekaid with him
Can they be resurrected

Wth? The rest of Black scripture meeting was already fully translated. Why is only a part of it release?

different translator

considering the quality in s3 I'd prefered the konosuba treatment

arifureta ended like that iirc, and the extras are still going strong

Wow that's a lot. Couldn't you like write a volume for each of those honestly?

Looking back, I can't believe how much time was wasted on shit like lizards. Ainz now only has 3 more volumes to conquer the world.

>Volume 17 is the last

is this shitposting?

It's been news for like 1.5 years

No, Maruyama has thrown the towel

everything with nfirea and enri feels like a huge waste of time now, pretty sad considering I like them both but there's absolutely no development there, and I can't see how maruyama will include them if the next three volumes will be conquering the world and 'sasuga ainz sama'

The ENTIRE power of the staff

What do you mean, user? Surely that low-tier goblin army and random potions are of central importance to the plot, right?

Let's be honest here:
You ca literally skip everything past the first volumes and you won't miss anything big.
Everything and everyone remained the exact same. As if it's some episodic sitcom

the Dwarf Forgemaster that ran away and stole the ingot Ainz gave him. Relatively minor, but still

It almost feels like the only ending when you think about it.

What else is he going to do? Sudden timeskip and all the other adventurers are now super powerful and can fight Ainz? That would be so empty, not that overlord isn't already one long shitpost. Maybe Ainz will trip on a fucking banana and wake up from a coma in the real world. I wish this fucker would stop just adding random fucking characters every other paragraph.

I never wanted the series to be some power fantasy that styles on filthy humies.
I wanted it to be a series about a gaming mastermind carefully navigating a new unknown world with an interesting explanation for how he got transported there in the first place.
That's why season 1 was the best parts because it showed Ainz carefully exploring the nature and strength of the world while also showing how specific gaming tactics are required to win dangerous fights.

Unfortunately by season 2 it became way too clear the author just wanted some reverse-horror knockoff which simply wasn't as appealing. And no, I don't care if Ainz is the bad guy. I just care that that wasn't what the series initially set up.

Seems to be that's also why the series is rushing to finish now. The author spent so many books and chapters on developing character personalities only for the entire series to finish in a few volumes now. The author never really cared about a proper plot, he only wanted to create a detailed world and show it off. Once that was done he must have figured there was nothing else to do other than wrap that entire shit up.

I hope he changes his mind and adds at least a few more on top of that, I have no clue how he'd get any plot threads to have some sort of conclusion or closure at this rate.

Yeah, it's pretty much the only way Maruyama can write off all plot points and unresolved characters arcs. You can only do so much with 3 volumes left, especially when you are a writer who can't write for shit.

That last time something important happened was volume 3. I'm not kidding. You could offscreen everything between then and now and you wouldn't lose anything. The empire, holy kingdom, eight fingers, Jalbadoath, it was all filler. The story started with the kingdom and now in volume 14 we're finally delivering on that.

So as someone who so far just watched a bit of the anime (and isekai quartet aha) I could honestly read only the first 3 volumes, skip to 14 and honestly have missed nothing except for like fun SOL esque moments?

There are "plot" developments but they don't matter. Ainz conquers irrelevant kingdoms and gains powers he doesn't need. It's not SOL, but it's filler nonetheless. The main goal and main enemies have not changed and done absolutely nothing between volumes 4-13.

if you're going to pick up any book randomly make it like Volume 9 or 10, Volume 14 is fucking boring compared to Jircniv constantly having a mental breakdown

What happened to all those times anons larped Ainz as a unique MC because he delved into politics?

Jesus! Another eternity waiting for the next translation !!

1-3 are essential. Should you have interest in best girl you might as well read volume 11 too.

There are several arcs after that and each arc consists of about 2-3 volumes and they all have their own story about different parts and people of the country. There is no red thread going on and on as the story progresses, there are several balls of red thread strewn about. There are a couple of outliers like vol. 4, 10 and 11.

Attached: Speicher.jpg (1000x667, 650.6K)

>El Nix plot against the Sk
I thought this one at least had enough resolution with SASUGA AINZ-SAMA!
Though one resolution I'd want to see is the ACTUAL REASON for "Sasuga Ainz-sama" in the first place aside from the NPCs to be "programmed" to be loyal to Ainz. Passive hidden effect for Ainz's "role play class" that no one ever noticed before like rising a hidden luck stat or hidden intelligence/wisdom stat? Or just his avatar subconsciously making him do smart things kinda like the emotion cancel affects him?

>There is no red thread going on and on as the story progresses
Actually there is one. It's his experimentation with the New World's mechanics as opposed to YGGDRASSIL's. Also his sasuga ainz-sama-ing.

> It's his experimentation with the New World's mechanics as opposed to YGGDRASSIL's
Which doesn't matter. Again, that can all be offscreened. There's no reason for him to experiment in the first place besides pure whim.

In vol. 10 he used Clementine's rush attack from vol. 2. It was a nice callback.

when is 14-4?
how long must my eyes linger on non things

Attached: 1588271712932.jpg (1200x987, 254.07K)

>

Attached: 22.png (1500x1089, 1.79M)

> if you don’t like the ending then do it yourself

Okay.

In my view Overlord’s theme is about dealing with loss. Sometimes bad things happen and you lose your loved ones. That’s what happened to Satoru. He was a miserable salaryman whose only joy in life was his role as Momonga. When that was about to end he felt he would lose all meaning.

Satoru loved being Momonga. He wanted it to keep going forever. And then he got his wish – the game and reality became one. But something was wrong. His friends weren’t there. He was not Momonga, but Ainz Ooal Gown. Ainz does not have fun like in the game, he just does his job as evil overlord. Instead of becoming what he always wanted, Ainz has unknowingly regressed into being a miserable salaryman.

In that sense Ainz hasn’t progressed since the start of volume 1. He is still in the same state of nostalgic wanting for the past. He is doing his job in a vain attempt to bring his old life back. Of course, no matter how much he tries the past will never be undone. His entire quest for strength and world conquest was a fool’s errand.

That’s why the only meaningful battle in the series was against Shalltear. It was the only time Ainz had an internal conflict. Everything since then was filler, nothing was relevant to Ainz’s internal battle with himself. Even top-tier foes like Platinum Dragon Lord and the Theocracy have nothing to do with the main theme, and that’s why even they feel pointless. Because they are.

[1/3]

How do you end this kind of story? Well, here is my take. There actually was another player transported with Ainz. It was the unnamed 10th member of Nine’s Own Goal. He quit the game and only came back when he heard Yggdrasil was shutting down. He did what Ainz always wanted and went on adventures on his own. You can even have a few volumes dedicated to telling his adventures without letting us know he was a player. He travels for several years until he finds himself in the Sorcerous Kingdom of Ainz Ooal Gown.

Something bothered him. The name sounded similar to his old clan. The leader is also supposedly a powerful skeleton sorcerer, which sounded a whole lot like Momonga. But it can’t be, he never heard of this Ainz fellow before. And this kingdom was evil, slaughtering everyone who didn’t submit. The kind-hearted Momonga would never do such things. In a cruel irony, the name change which was spurred in an effort to attract players was the very reason the two never met.

Albedo’s secret hit-squad taken action: it must eliminate all the other supreme beings. We get a volume of a pitched battle, and despite casualties, Albedo manages to win. The player is killed. Ainz only finds out when it’s too late.

Ainz is livid. Albedo grovels and offers her life. Despite her best effort several NPCs killed -- Ainz-sama could have done much better. Ainz gets even angrier. None of the NPCs could understand why. After all, it wasn’t even a proper supreme being. None of the NPCs were made by him, so they had no attachment. His death was all for the sake of strengthening Nazarik.

Ainz loses it. He realizes all the NPCs were never on his side. His entire venture in the new world was a mistake. All the millions of innocents he killed weren’t for the sake of a greater goal. He never cared about making a utopia, he just wanted friends. He lost his only remaining companion because he could not let go of the past.
[2/3]

Ainz Ooal Gown must be disbanded. It’s what he should have done ages ago, even before the game was shut down. The NPCs think it’s all part of his master plan, no matter how much Ainz tells them he’s serious. Ainz gives them an ultimatum: he if they won’t listen then he’ll do it by force. He’ll invade and defeat the Great Tomb of Nazarik himself.

The last few volumes are the preparation and execution of the greatest raid of all time. Momon reveals his true identity: Momonga. A sorcerer who was biding his time to destroy the threat of Ainz Ooal Gown. He gathers allies in the new world to start the raid.

In the final volume we get to see each floor of Nazarik performing to its full potential. It’s where he gets to use his MMO knowledge in the ultimate test of his abilities. For the first time he relives the days of being guild leader and fighting alongside his comrades. He succeeds where nobody has before and makes his way into Nazarik’s throne room.

In the final scene Momonga sits by himself in the round table room. One by one his allies join in to check up on him. Eventually all 41 chairs are filled by the jubilant fighters celebrating their victory. As the curtain rolls Momonga could not help but pop a smile

[3/3]

There you go, I wrote an ending that’s likely better than whatever we’ll get.

>B-BUT MY WAIFU
>HAPPY ENDING CREAMPIES!
Nips don't have the fucking balls

Attached: kry.jpg (750x1000, 79.16K)

more like, among the NW allies some are capable, a couble make noble sacrifices, but they are ultimately fodder, perishing as they make their way up despite momonga best efforts, by the time he reaches the throne he is all alone again

That's fine too. It depends on which kind of tone you want to end with. You could argue that Overlord deserves a downer ending to punish Ainz for his crimes.

what are you, 12? that is shonenshit tier writing

Sasuga.
Nice dubs. Thanks for the fanfic, Hitori.

overbooru.world/post/view/8142

The rest of it. What a fucking week, holy shit.

Attached: 1572611955721.jpg (1913x2539, 274.89K)

Bastard!! is in a league of its own.

The hell do you mean? It's basic storytelling. Considering the novel's themes something like this is the only coherent way it could end. It gives purpose to the foreshadowing and stuff like Albedo's scheming. Do you want to just throw away everything and make Ainz effortlessly conquer the new world and learn absolutely nothing from the experience? Well, that's probably what's going to happen, but that's terrible storytelling.

Volume 10 is a pseudo ending

I want more OL audio dramas. They were fantastic and probably relatively cheap to produce.
Just add a few illustrations and I will take this shit over anime any day.

Something happens.

Attached: Something happens..png (1364x647, 68.25K)

Usually slash at the end is harmless, but it's interpreted as a part of the decryption key here.
Fixed it on overbooru

Thanks user, you are awesome !!!!

Attached: 84109380_3053601548003386_4505413482253910016_n.jpg (129x225, 9.25K)

dragon loli

>Alebdo's death squad and hatred of Ainz Ooal Gown
Wait why?

That'd drag things out a little too much. Doing it all in a single volume is perfectly doable. Sadly, even that much is too much for this hack.

I don't think you can count S3 which basically killed the anime series hype into a horrible CGI dumpster fire.

The way things are going Albedo isn't going to do shit. She's prepping to kill players but players are obviously not going to appear. PDL and CD are being set up as the final opponents.

That's how most LN series are, though. The authors basically toss in a lot of "cool" ideas that ultimately serve to pad out the story, when the actual core plot is short, consisting of the introduction and ending.

I mean does anyone have a short explanation of what what went down.

>overlord dies
>It will be remembered as a cash grab gacha that died in the US in three months
It hurts bros

Personally, the only Overlord I truly remember and cherish died long ago.

Attached: __overlord_and_kelda_overlord_and_1_more_drawn_by_sage_mami1210__ca1a64375b76e45ee0f0147ddee04a3d.jpg (800x1200, 567.53K)

I still yet to finish watching it.
It was an ok game.

>JRR
Please don't mistake Tolkien for Martin

Fans added illustrations themselves kek.

GRR

JRR Tolkien
GRRM

Bit my tongue

Attached: 1576889169620.jpg (742x720, 52.14K)

>and Overlord and Tanya herself
Konosuba carries the show pretty hard.

youtube.com/watch?v=sZsKaerdX6I
youtube.com/watch?v=uqUd7Q_GKuo
youtube.com/watch?v=KOZnLwgwfjo

Why the fuck are gachashit vids ramping up?

Attached: 1561295081764.png (737x297, 46.07K)

I did not follow the manga in a while. Look like it is at volume 8

>manga

Does anyone know where I can download book 14?

Yes.

Tho it's quite doubtful it'll happen might as well add that a world power could grab Enfri use his magic equipment requirement bypassing talent to use some crazy WCI

Or use him to control guild weapon and 8GK guild. Imagine dealing with endless waves of 95lvl summons, I bet PDL collected more money over his millenia of life than Nazarick has.

So is Ainz gonna steal Enri's talent when he expires?

Enri's talent is Ainz' for the taking.
That's why Nfirea has to gungho every time they meet: to prove that he's the manly man to skeletor that needs to flip his fingers to get Enri's pussy on his femur.

Attached: 1582060253398.jpg (1652x929, 772.4K)

>I wish this fucker would stop just adding random fucking characters every other paragraph.
I'd be fine with it if we started getting 1000 page novels, dude himself admitted he has enough idea to fill out 50 or more novels, but is fucking everybody over so we're ending on 17 and even then half the volume is irrelevant content because it's gonna end before it's any use.
If only he made the new characters more like the trap bunny, only thing we got relevant this volume so far is red drop and black scripture making a return.
Intermission was way too short and on a new piece of info, would have been better if it was from Empire or Draconic Kingdom view, or just multiple shorter pieces about everybody around the kingdom.

Wait what the fuck, Overlord x Berserk?

If Guts ever gets to speak Ainz is going to fucking rape Griffith harder than Donovan raped Guts.

Cheers lad, I just found it.

You're always welcome.

Attached: 1577393562907.jpg (400x400, 63.27K)

> I bet PDL collected more money over his millenia of life than Nazarick has.
Nah, you're forgetting that Yggdrasil game world is fucking bullshit when compared to New World reality, whack a goblin a gold coins pop out of him in Yggdrasil, only blood and guts do in NW.
PDL would probably die by creaming his scales if he got into Nazarick treasury.

Or you know, killing players and taking their shit and guildbases.

Imma gunna miss all this when it’s over, was the real story for us to find out that we are all like Ainz and that once the ride is over we will feel his pain also, it’s been a blast you fantastic faggots.

Well, tying up all so far without breaking the pace is going to be challenging to say the least.
The only possible antagonists with foreshadowing are the dragon lords and that's about as cliche as a generic demon lord. Any potential new true antagonist will feel rushed this late in the story. Less said about other guild members or SuperClem the better.

Attached: 1559128655843.jpg (1280x970, 238.22K)

I was heavily invested in Overlord, RTW, Star Wars and all of them went to shit.

Now I can't even be assed to look for the new stuff, brain just goes
>nah what if it's shit
>just do nothing and scroll shit online it's safer

I blame faggot Maruyama, CCP and SJW respectively.

Attached: 1570250233947.png (731x500, 768.35K)

The only possible villains are PDL and Zesshi. Over 14 volumes no major villain has been developed. It's crazy to even think about.

This was never about being challenged in that way.

What about the Elf King?

Cocksleeve for Mare.

Chapter 3 Part 3 (Revision)
0bin key: kcfZLhQMMVLz5r0S#km1Y1onYDaePoh6Q57y3AMP7fcfYazwagBHL6R6b4sb

I doubt anyone who isn't retarded can say no.

You just had to remind.

Thanks. Appreciated.
>btw, Booru user, your revision links still go to the original pastes.
Fixed

Attached: 1562639804462.jpg (1604x1860, 899.86K)

Not that fag. The fanfic is decent but of course it depends on total execution as with every story.

What makes it terrible is the realization the actual ending of overlord will be infinitely worse steaming pile of rushed half assed shit.

>the trannycel beta salaryman vs the stacy goddess

Attached: konosuba-anime-aqua-manga-seiyu-anime.jpg (800x677, 74.76K)

Hi
I've been sending emails but I guess you're being spammed so you probably don't read them. I have spotted some possible mistakes but because I started reading this only recently, I don't know if some of these have already been pointed out. In any case, here they are:
>C1P1: "He could longer hold in his true feelings"
a "no" is missing between could and longer
>C2P1: "and so one upon hearing"
that "one" should be "on"
>C2P2: "Brain had taken those who he had believed to have some sort of potential, allowed them to live with him,
and were training them in the art of swordsmanship."
that "were" should be a "was"
>C2P6: "That said, she had already warned them to not be too stingy with their mana usage than was necessary."
I think this sentence needs restructuring. Maybe "not to be stingier with their mana than necessary"
Or maybe "not to be too stingy with their mana usage since it was not necessary" - in any case, rephrasing is needed imo
>C2P6: "In the city that was formed a part of the Karnassus City-State Alliance, Bebad."
Shouldn't there be an "as" between "formed" and "a"?
>C2P6: "Due to that enormous county’s collapse"
You missed an R in country
>C2P6: "The last time Bebad had hosted the tournament was, about fifty years ago."
Unnecessary comma imo
>C3P3: "They call your hero but you’re no different than a child"
Shouldn't it be "They call you a hero"?

In any case, thanks for the translations, you're the saviour of this community. Keep up the good work!

Much appreciated, user

>What makes it terrible is the realization the actual ending of overlord will be infinitely worse steaming pile of rushed half assed shit.
He could do a cliffhanger. He did some of the world-building. It makes sense to give some closure to the kingdom given it all started with it. What doesn't make sense is not giving yourself an out to do a sequel to something that's clearly profitable.

How can you judge something you have no clue what is going to happen? I will wait to read the end and see, personally I think Vol 14 do seems rushed and out of focus but translation isn't over and maybe we will see some sort of focus in it?

>stacy goddess
Does Aqua have a mom?

Seeing Drifters there just fucking hurts, man.

It's on hiatus? Thanks god I stopped reading once the monthly chapters were getting ridiculously short.

Thanks

Attached: 1512788296059.jpg (979x441, 65.99K)

Well, *I* liked it.

God has lost interest in his creation, and abandoned it.

Attached: 1494104190981.gif (319x255, 262.83K)

Read that in the old lady's voice from David Firth's The Child That Smelt Odd.
>I'd like to write a letter saying I'm *not* offended,

He programmed her to love "Momonga", not "Ainz Ooal Gown". By changing his name she doesn't get to hear the name she loves.
In her private room that he allowed her, she tore down and discarded the AOG flag and carefully treasures the one-of-a-kind Momonga flag.

>Overlord is ending on its 17th volume
So has this been actually officially announced or is this still based on that one tweet about international piracy from way back?

Do nips actually want spineless betas with untouched harems, or is it just an oversensitive industry meme born of not wanting to upset the most delusional otakus?

you either work under a pseudonym
or you get stabbed and have your studio burnt down
for reasons less than defiled waifus

look at their declining birthrates user, it's a loveless nation. They can't write about what they don't know

Everyone wants a cut of that F/GO money.
They never quite get how the winning formula of F/GO came to be, though, and now they're trying to move into an oversaturated market.

Attached: 1498514856557.jpg (720x1095, 119.78K)

dude just like read a few romances by non-virgins lmao
it's not hard

If the special side story volume wasn't clear enough. I read that as an out cry of desperation and exhaustion from the author, using Ainz as his voice. Murayama was very clear about it. When the main self insert character, of an 8 year long novel story, says "I'm tried of this shit and want to fuck off indawoods." then MAYBE he wants to wrap it up.

You know, there was a joke in 'Welcome to the NHK' like that. The protagonist reads romance novels to figure out how to write sex scenes, and the results are just weird as fuck.

Now I just feel sorry for him.

It's funny that the succubus is now a virgin who wants to fuck the guy without a cock. There's literally nowhere interesting that could go. A metaphor for the whole story, really.

I mean, I'm sure she could grind his pelvic bones to climax or something, it's just not the same.

Ainz = author
Guardians= editor who he can't say no

I don't know if the situation in Japan is a perfect mirror but the ones writing romance novels that aren't full of beta self-inserts and untouched harems tend to be deprived women with their own warped views.
Your best bet is to read a story written by someone with personal experience where the romance is only one element of the story, rather than the focal point.

What happens to my cult leader waifu

the only one I don't think needs more explanation is the goblin horn, I think that's better left to the imagination as to the specifics

What you're supposed to get is that Enri was able to summon an army from the item because she was the first person with it to treat her goblins with respect, whatever that would've entailed in the game.

I watched the anime with my roommate and wasn't impressed.
It had a strong start, but I quickly lost interest in Ainz because he never felt like a solid character. First his Momonga, then he's the knight, then he's back to Ainz and none of them felt consistent.
I liked the lizard boys, though, mostly because it moved the story away from Ainz and friends.
Granted, this is the opinion of someone who casually watched the first two seasons of the anime only, so for all I know the gripes I have aren't present in the LNs

>Now I just feel sorry for him.
There came a point, where the chance of adventure and conflict was presented to Ainz. The Necromancer guild, ruling nations with power and he said "I'm going to hide away with my loli instead". Practically shitting on the overlord series. Read that special side story novel again, until you actually understand it this time.

Attached: 1585090753240.jpg (956x1330, 347.44K)

Surprised it lasted so long. Ainz and his crew being so OP in both power and smarts, there's never any tension. And this series really isn't a comedy.

I'm not ready to let go. But maybe next year, with a full 12 month of going through the phases of grief, I might be able to say good bye.

Jesus Christ the konosuba ending is an absolute shitshow right now. The author had the balls to literally copy paste the WN ending and sell it.
Hope you guys dont suffer like this

Attached: 1578362643011.png (755x1008, 555.33K)

Wow, she's exactly like me

Attached: 1484680040138.jpg (395x450, 92.27K)

>The author had the balls to literally copy paste the WN ending and sell it.
But didnt s/he do it, like, the whole novel already?

Let me try another picture.

Attached: 1484680040138.jpg (395x450, 98.71K)

Attached: 1580198263204.png (286x500, 215.41K)

Attached: 1572915182363.png (310x366, 147.36K)

Attached: 1573400424762.png (240x500, 175.05K)