Gentlemen, how do we make anime/manga with a gender-bender story not boring as shit or completely awful?

Gentlemen, how do we make anime/manga with a gender-bender story not boring as shit or completely awful?

Attached: 98352590370b2226260434a7ce204169_33360.png (300x450, 207.56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mangadex.org/title/37549/herscherik-the-epic-of-the-reincarnated-prince
mangadex.org/title/46822/magical-girl-kakeru
mangadex.org/title/47133/a-choice-of-boyfriend-and-girlfriend
twitter.com/AnonBabble

By having more toilet scenes

Attached: 18.jpg (728x1077, 160.99K)

>Gender bender
>Switching Sexes is so funny and cool!
>Some get into the delusion you can actually do it for real
>Manga constantly puts best friend and protag into awkward funny situations where it ends up being sexual

This is probably the biggest tranny making machine accessible to any weeb with enough curiosity... or maybe a little too much.

Not saying you niggas should kill yourselves, but you're in for a fucking lot of pointless suffering if you manage to get into your "Gender Bender" phase.

Attached: 1577546347196.gif (350x238, 219.98K)

Kashimashi is the best you will ever get.

Make it affect the entire world.

It should be more about a guy that can switch genders with a trigger (much like the water in Ranma 1/2 or midnight in Cinderella Boy) instead of permanent change with slow mental changes leading into accepting the new female body.

Attached: designs.png (858x1920, 1.26M)

Gender-bender are inherently shit BUT if you're going to use a shit genre, you may as well attach it to another shit genre and hope the negatives cancel eachother out.
Make it an Isekai about a guy who is unique in the fact that he has two job classes but when he switches jobs, he switches genders because the world doesn't want male healsluts.

This man speaks the truth

>Can't separate fiction from reality

still the best

Attached: 3e34a921c812826fdf99dff492206c48.jpg (735x1000, 331.8K)

skip the gender bending part

BOYS
TURNING INTO CUTE GIRLS
TRYING NOT TO FALL IN LOVE WITH CUTE BOYS
FALLING IN LOVE WITH CUTE BOYS ANYWAY
THE BEST

Why do you keep making this thread?

The same reason why we see the same threads, autism.

makes them eat meat rod

Attached: mahiro pees herself again.jpg (1300x1836, 527.81K)

It's called Transjitter but it's pretty melodramatic and I'm only two chapters in

Attached: 47000.png (299x419, 145.64K)

This author is "Dare you enter my magical piss forest?" tier. Had to drop it.

Omorashi is overrated

just look at OP picture, that manga did it great

I agree. Never found a gender blender more enjoyable than ranma

ok

Melodrama?
Perfect.

Attached: ecdbc5ab7fb7b38164dad3619c2489a37ce00aba_hq.jpg (689x1024, 200.64K)

some are good, some are bad, but some are like, really, really bad

Attached: Mai_accidently_kiss_Taro.jpg (716x722, 200.01K)

>the trap vs the reverse trap

In my opinion, Boku Girl was particulary enjoyable for its ecchi absurdity and sexual jokes more than anything and from reading the Live TL threads here with you guys ; the gender bender was a plus. The Takeru-Mizuki doubts rollercoaster could have been replaced from "my best buddy is now hot chick" to some shit like "nordic loli magic is making extremely conscious about my girl friend being fucking hot" and it would have felt the same.

So for me, gender bender stories should be treated either like a serious romantic plot with fantasy/science fiction details to justify the switch, or just plain silly ecchi shit. Both options would be good.

Now my idea might have some flaws, but yours is simply terrible.
Two different kinds of shit mixed is not gonna result in a positive object. It's still gonna be shit.

Excellent manga, too bad the last volume was SHIT

already been done
its called Ranma 1/2

Attached: 05_IMG_0005.jpg (1280x1830, 335.23K)

Here is some advice, make it so the gender-bend character is actually an interesting and compelling character you care about. Imagine if the story was about a young prince that was cursed by his older female relatives into becoming a girl so they could take the title from her. In that perspective, showcase the kind of mistrust and the disappointment she had, especially when her deceased father tried so hard to train her before he died from sickness (which was before the TG). Imagine how betrayed she and the royal servants would feel by this corruptive action.

Also, make it so the now female character doesn’t get rid of her cool masculine looks and personality traits so she doesn’t bend over and cries like an annoying bitch. You know those flamboyant boys you see a character N from Pokémon or Joshua from the world ends with you? Make that the girliest they will be at best, cause they will have their cool looks while still appearing female.

Attached: 4A05ED94-7D2A-43EE-B5C1-A842E3BDDD17.png (340x255, 61K)

Threadly reminder that new chapter of Magical Trans (And Tensei Pandemic too, altrough his ending is beyond retarded) fucking when?
You're overrated.

You don't.

that one is based tho

More art as ludicrously hot as Boku Girl's.

Gender-benders are shit but Boku Girl is great. Excluding raep dad.

for Boku Girl end it at half the length and have them fuck

There, you fixed it

>his ending is beyond retarded
Explain?

Gender-bender specifically or are we including cross-dressing?

Are there any gender-bender manga where it's a girl that turns into a boy?

mangadex.org/title/37549/herscherik-the-epic-of-the-reincarnated-prince

Instead of having the MC convince himself that (s)he's a girl now and should be taking dick, (s)he should remain manly and become a dominant lesbian

A mix of things:
- No, Japan, fuck off with 'but granny said it's a mystical meeting of souls', this isn't a shinto fable, this is an ecchi manga
- Stop worrying about fucking pronouns and 'boku~... ore? wa-uh, atashi desu?' - it's a linguistic quirk of your island nation, not a compelling story point
>Draw a girl and call it a boy that became a girl
- Yes
>His chad friend is fucking ripped, not some twink x twink BS
- Yes
>His female BFF is a viable love interest, and Yuri is on the cards
- Very much Yes
>Tomboy teaches him about being a girl
- Yes
>Frilly stuff is just embaressing
- Yes, this is a former guy, not some 'Uwaah~~ programmer socks' discord dweller
- Don't try and tackle trans identity with the MC, the genre is 'deal with your new body' not 'pine over a new body'
- Trans characters are ok, just make them well written. This typically prevents the MC from being trans however, as the MC is almost never well written and at this point, I've given up on Japan managing this
>Toilet scenes
- Yes
>Bathhouse scenes
- Ehh, I'd prefer a more original setting, such as 'changing into swimsuits at the beach' or 'choosing appropriate gym attire'; the bathhouse is such forced cop-out at this point
- More scenes of them trying to get comfortable with their new body
>Car vibrates over a cattle grid, bender-kun is surprised to now sit in his own puddle
- Yes
>Putting on a thinner vest because it's too warm, accidentally tweak a nipple
- Yes. Don't treat nipples the same; female nipples actually have nerves in them, they're not like the elbow or male nipple or kneecap which doesn't feel a thing
>Worrying about classmates confessing to you
- No. If you're worried about the feelings of other people so much you'd cuck yourself into a date, your character is about as strong as tissue paper. I'm here to read a gender bender, not awkward dating simulator 2k9.

I would read that

Couple more:
>Girls crowd round to ask about 'what do guys talk about?'
- Eh, this is often a weak cop-out. If you were that curious, you'd just ask the guys directly.
- This is better off shown through action than dialogue, such as in Shishunki Bitter Change, where the guy->girl ends up ignoring the gender barriers of his high school, and sits in both camps at once rather than just switching camps
- Give the switched characters more agency, waiting 15 chapters for 'I want to wear a suit, even though I'm a girl now waah' sucks, just have them wear the cute suit and move on. We can see you're playing for time, cut it out.
>Go camping with high schoolers, they start trying to look down people's pants 'to check' like they're toddlers
- No, this isn't special ed, highschoolers can respect people's privacy. It's not cute watching a group basically assault someone else, it is cute having them question it maturely or just go with it. Sharing a tent with a penis won't make you pregnant; if you aren't fucking, you shouldn't be up in someone else's panties.

Conclusion:
- More ecchi
- Better art
- Yuri > yaoi
- Grown-up characters rather than 8-yo-in-a-fit-18-yo-body tards.
- Realistic depiction of teenage sexuality, i.e. masturbation and sex not pantsing and kancho

Because it wasn't a gender bender story. It was a comedy/romance story where the gender bender element was just a catalyst for wacky shit to happen

mangadex.org/title/46822/magical-girl-kakeru
This one is cute

>toilet scenes
Pfft. It would be way better if we thought it was a toilet scene but it's just a dream and she's actually wetting the bed.

by god. Someone ready the pigeons! This madman has solved it!

What do you think about this new one?
mangadex.org/title/47133/a-choice-of-boyfriend-and-girlfriend

Attached: 47133.jpg (730x438, 118.08K)

It never works. 99% of """traps""" are just women that you imagine having a penis. Wearing some female clothes doesn't give you an 11/10 bombshell body.

Attached: 0016-009.jpg (1120x1600, 1M)

What the fuck do traps have to finish gender bender you dumbass

Take your pills Tsuttsu.

Because the OP was a trap before the gender bender bullshit, retard

It cute

Attached: 1588332555523.jpg (863x1200, 569.46K)

Which one bros

Attached: 1588332644049.jpg (1450x2048, 763.78K)

The only way is to not try to make it an anime or manga.

Just go straight to h-manga and go all in

Attached: a14.png (1349x1920, 2.31M)

2 is more moe but at that point why even bother making it a gender swap plot?

Gender bender can only be good if it's yuri with the MC keeping their hot blooded male personality.

Genderbend this and you got a one way trip to a sexual harassment case

Attached: A11.png (960x1378, 523K)

Dumb weeb

Which is the best starting point? Magic or disease?

Attached: Soul_girl.jpg (587x1523, 236.5K)

Attached: 1555242352580.jpg (1350x1058, 230.93K)

Attached: x11.png (851x1200, 370.92K)

Apparently the "kami" won and everyone now can flipflop between male and female, Yurina included, so Hina has a reason to not go back to be a male anymore.

Aside from Omujo it has happened before? Those scenes are like golden nuggets for me. Bonus points for not hentai.

Attached: 13.jpg (850x1200, 255.44K)

The problem is that gender bender is a inherently sexual thing due to what most people would obviously do if they swapped genders, so at least from what ive seen it gets very repetitive and you can tell exactly what jokes they are going to use

But that one user keeps telling me they don't make nearly enough toilet scenes.

Cool ideas user, write an LN.

I don't think you can even call this gender bender. Akira uses clothes to hide his feminine features but itherwise always felt like a man, and the glasses boy ends the story not quite identifying as either. Now the dad, he was trying for a fucked up gender gender.

The key to the story is to rip off Ranma.
Ranma perfected the formula, it's all about switching back and forth, but making the switch somewhat involuntary and restricting it in certain situations, but also give the character the option to make it happen and give them incentive to do so.

Basically just copy Ranma 1/2

>>Putting on a thinner vest because it's too warm, accidentally tweak a nipple
>- Yes. Don't treat nipples the same; female nipples actually have nerves in them, they're not like the elbow or male nipple or kneecap which doesn't feel a thing
Your nipples aren't sensitive at all?