Uzumaki Anime

>Adult Swim has a history of commissioning anime for the sole sake of brand recognition turning out shit
>Junji Ito anime have a history of turning out shit
How bad will it be?

Attached: url(1).jpg (1280x720, 178.85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VDEQyK5ZH-E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>How bad will it be?
It will be American level bad.

But even Americans are better than Japan at animation now

Attached: castlevania-netflix.jpg (1920x1080, 246.63K)

Hiroshi Nagahama gives a little bit of hope to the show's quality

>How bad will it be?
There's no harm in waiting a little bit and seeing how it turns out.

>Castlevania
>good animation
kek. Even ufotable trash is a million times better.

It spit on the grave of Castlevania (no Grant).

Grant is almost certain to appear in the next season or season 5, he was teased rather unambiguously

Looks like it's going for more of a motion comic thing than fully animated. We won't have to sacrifice art quality at least

Castlevania has some of the worst animation I've ever seen for a series. What makes it even more damming is that they only do a handful of episodes in bulk, so it's not like it's rushed out

The teaser seems like it's nailing the vibe and aesthetic so I'm optimistic right now. If it turns out to be shit it's not a major loss, I can just ignore it

>IM SPIRAL RIIIIICK
cringe. Not watching gaijin-commissioned shit

Attached: cringe vape.jpg (640x474, 39.48K)

It's directed by Nagahama and the music is by Colin Stetson. This isn't like FLCL2/3, there's a good chance it'll be interesting.

arent they only going to be 5 minute episodes
how can you fuck that up

When's this coming out?

IS THAT A FUCKING SPIRL CIRCLE IM GOING INSANE AHHHHHH FUCK NOOOOOO AHHHHH FUCKKK

Attached: 43338F15-B5A4-4202-9EBC-B00F2B371BAC.jpg (179x281, 9.77K)

all we know is sometime this year

AHHHHHHHHHHH ITS A NAUTILUS SHELL SAVE ME NIGGERMAN

kek

no spiral can take away my freedom

Attached: burger.jpg (720x588, 92.79K)

I see, Zig Forums is leaking

it will probably be awful

i hope its not so bad, so at least the concept of motion comics can catch on again

If they had people who worked on some adult swim programs be actually involved, it could be great. AS had some very unnerving shit

wasn't this supposed to come out like 2 months ago

thank you, corona-chan

Tentatively excited for it. Hopefully they don't meddle with it like they did with FLCL.
I don't think they gave a specific date, but it's supposed to come out in the later half of 2020. Probably around Halloween.

I still have nightmares from some Tim and Eric sketches.

youtube.com/watch?v=VDEQyK5ZH-E

Looking pretty good to be honest

IIRC they were supposed to release something this January, it's been way too long since this trailer.

While on the topic of Castlevania, is Dracula permanently dead, or will he resurrect like in the games?

Bet it will turn to shit from all the theoryfags on youtube making videos about it trying to find if there's a super deep meaning and all confirm they never read the manga.

God that fucking music.
I keep a tab of it open at all times because it has just pierced through me.
I won't go full music major, but needless to say I love everything about it for and artistic pov.

Attached: chrome_eAmi4QaFZt.png (255x455, 123.95K)

Why would randos on youtube affect your judgment or enjoyment of a show?

>Why would randos on youtube affect your judgment or enjoyment of a show?
its like you don't know what america is

To be honest, Uzumaki is kind of overrated.
The premise is great and Chapter 1+2 are fucking works of art, but there's so much sludge.

>mosquito women and baby fungus
>team up to blow those kids away
>romeo and juliet love story
>snail bro
>jack in the box
>FUCKING BADASS WIND-RIDERS DUUUUUUUUDE
And the fact that nobody talks about these elements leads to believe that a LOT of people have straight up not read the manga.

I hope this turns out to be good. We know it's a 4 parter so I hope it'll be Chap 1+2, the hole in head girl, claypots, hairgirl, then timeskip and make it a thousand times less fun.

Attached: chrome_Ukll9XZcub.png (356x463, 157.65K)

it doesn't have to make sense, junji's art works mostly on being unknown - which 'the unknown already being scary enough as is. and uzumaki is just different themes junji had for one off mangas but put them all together into one
>>FUCKING BADASS WIND-RIDERS DUUUUUUUUDE
that was funny.

I get that, but that would be fine for one of his collection manga.
This is meant to be a story with a plot to it and the rapid change in tone is a weakness of it.

>mosquito women and baby fungus
>snail bro
Those were great. Also the last few chapters with their oneiric narration and distorted flow of time are the true masterworks.
The real shame is that noone ever talks about black paradox which is as great as it is overlooked

>baby fungus
This was great though, legit scary.

>This is meant to be a story with a plot to it and the rapid change in tone is a weakness of it.
Now you're making me think you never read it, every 50 or so pages then when one theme is over, junji gives us how long its been since something happened last time and moves onto the next theme with ease while still connecting it to the past theme. you're acting like ito is just immediately snapping from one theme to another

>Adult Swim has a history of commissioning anime for the sole sake of brand recognition turning out shit
Are you saying Fooly Cooly was bad? Or IGPX? Or the later seasons of Big O?

>latter seasons of Big O
WHAT?

AHHHHHHHHH IS THAT A SPIRAL?!?!?!? I'M GOING INSANE SAVE ME SHUICHI

didnt they also throw money into the GitS SAC production committee

They did

He meant the 2nd half

I know right

OH GOD OH NO OH FUCK NONONONO AHRHRHHHHHHH

Attached: rainbow-swirly-lollipop-jumbo-size-34.jpg (900x982, 554.61K)

>you're acting like ito is just immediately snapping from one theme to another
Yes. He did.
he drops whatever was being set up in the overarch and just starts whatever cool idea he wants. He justifies this by saying "but looking, still spirals".
>cut to a tale of two young lovers torn between their love and their familys
>cut to a tale about the juxtaposition of vanity and body image issues
>cut to a zombie story, that has no place in the story aside from a spring is kind of like a spiral
>cut to a story about looking over issues before it's too late as a classmate dies
>cut to a medical disaster story
i could go on my dude, but the point is the themes are inconsistent throughout the story.
If this anime trims the fat right, it can be fantastic.

Attached: chrome_Hqlgus0bFa.png (751x570, 525.25K)

Ito's work generally have a weirdness about it, with people being totally retarded or nonsensical, with weird non endings but creepy topics or themes. Some manage to be legit unnerving or scary, most done. Uzumaki is a weird case where he manages to keep the quality for most of the story, with some small exceptions.

I agree, and that style works for his shorts, it's why he's well known.
But some people, usually secondaries, put him on a pedestal and won't admit that he's not perfect.
His characters are just fodder for the horror and do not act the way humans act. I've read Tomie, Uzumaki and im nearly finished with his collection, and it's starting to get repetitive. When he hits he's fucking ace, but there's a lot of weaknesses to his work.
Side note: one nigga on youtube tried to say that Junji wasn't the best but that he preferred Nakayama Masaaki's work. He admitted Ito is still good, but, as you can see from the like/dislike ratio, fanboys were not happy.

Attached: chrome_DTJ9NycxKB.png (158x354, 59.15K)

there def is filler feeling chapters, especially when there is such good ones before

>jack in the box
this one was sooo dumb

I really liked the finish of the story though really became next level, especially when everyone starts to live and crowd into the row houses.

>i could go on my dude, but the point is the themes are inconsistent throughout the story

literally spirals in every chapter

as seen from colin stetson is the music lead and he made the Hereditary soundtrack which was amazing

i dont have my hopes too high, especially after the junji ito anime (other than the model/monster in the forest which was so cash) but eh, who knows. Adult Swim is basically all I watch on TV these days

I don't think you know what a theme is.
The marval thread is way