CG hate thread

Why was the animation for Berserk so bad, bros? The Dreamcast and PS2 looked great compared to this and each episode had three minutes worth of 2D animation but most of the time the 2D drawings were next to ugly 3D models. I'm sure you've have seen the webms from Netflix ghostintheshell, too.

Attached: 1588392168317.webm (1280x720, 1.97M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5YYKFEu4X4c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: 1587704639279.webm (1280x720, 1.73M)

Dropped this 10 mins after the first ep came out. How successful was this show? Did it even sell? What is wrong with nips? Why did they think this was a good idea? Will 1997 ever be topped? So many questions anons.

Attached: Kino.webm (848x480, 615.26K)

It got 2 seasons, so maybe it sold well?

most of CGI anime not rendered in 60FPS, and mostly they just use plain cell shading which make it looks kinda bland.

it need a bit creativity from team production for making it "looks different" from the others.

pic related is one example how they put good benefit of 3D CGI.

Attached: ヨルシカ - 雨とカプチーノ(Official Video)_Trim_compress.webm (854x480, 2.96M)

Attached: dfghjl.gif (485x303, 3.37M)

Are 60 FPS framerate and cel-shading some of the keys to achieving good CGI animation?

What annoys me is that there are animation teams that can only produce animations of the same quality with those done by one person.

School project tier CGI being presented as a real product is so funny to me. I don't want CGI to improve in a way because it is so amusing and fascinating to see material like this. The only time when it unironically works if it's something like Xavier Angel or K Friends where it's part of the joke.

Almost all TV and film are at 24FPS not 60 :)

Can someone explain to me how they get away with such shoddy 3d in anime? The west shits on them in that department, but for fucks sake even jap games have better animation most of the time.

Because japanese don't care about whatever the west says, sadly.

>le 60 fps meme
Literally every film, movie, cartoon and anime is 24 fps save for a few awful exceptions like the first hobbit movie

It's actually depends, for cell shading, it put heavy on composition studio for make them not look really bland as final product.

And having more FPS literally helping alot in term animation, Shidonia no Kishi rendered in 8-10 FPS and you can see how stiff their animation is.

Having good CG animator also part of the keys to achieving good CGI animation.

Hate CG, watched High Score Girl and it's probably my favorite CG show just held up by it's story alone but it would have been a billion times better animated, even poorly

>Literally every film, movie
Can you tell me what the difference between movies and film is?

Attached: Chikka chikka-OW! Shamone!.webm (1920x1080, 2.46M)

I would tolerate this and SAC2045 if they were animated only by one person.

Was this made by the same guys behind the Resident Evil CG movies?

Attached: ilyadefenseforce.webm (1920x1080, 1.96M)

Actually, i don't mind if they make CG film with lDisney character design style but with anime typical story let's say, story like Shigatsu wa kimi no uso.

Using that kind combination is better than forced Anime art in 3D CG form.

Now, with that... Are CGI scenes made at 24fps, or are they toned down to something more like 12 to "better match" any on-screen 2d animated elements? It seems like I've seen it go both ways

Attached: Chad run.gif (670x377, 3.62M)

Did it start going downhill when Sidonia got adapted? It seems like they used to try taking CGI seriously with stuff like Yukikaze and Steam Boy.

they shouldn't do cg for character models. that should be reserved for vehicles and the like.

Magnificent Kotobuki is a rare, strange case of 2D-CGI-hybrid anime here. For some reason few of the characters are CG models while the rest of them are hand-drawn.
youtube.com/watch?v=5YYKFEu4X4c

This is what I meant by it, At least the Lupin movie looks kinda decent and almost Pixar like.

Attached: 2D3D.jpg (1239x587, 73.3K)

They shouldn't do that shit for mechanics either. It's ugly as fuck. Just compare Code Geass to the horrid Akito movies.

See CGI DOESN'T BELONG IN ANIME

Only dumb CGfags think that CG works in anime
See

I don't think KF did it as part of a joke but rather it was because the budget was three peanuts since it was a last ditch attempt at saving a dying gacha, even then they played the strenghts of 3D and destroyed the entire season in terms of popularity

look at how they massacred my girl.

Attached: Smol.png (600x568, 218.49K)

>that should be reserved for vehicles and the like.
wrong

Even Yukikaze still looks terrible with CGI.