+ + /
/ + +
/ / /

Attached: 4x4.jpg (1200x1200, 421.37K)

5/6

4/7
6/11
Hertzfeldt sucks.

Attached: manga3x3.2.jpg (1263x1786, 630.5K)

what an absolute mongoloid

Welcome brother, very excellent choice with Insomnia, that's one of the best ongoing manga I'm reading.
You need Jesus. All that red is unhealthy.
Interested in bottom right. Tell me about it, user.

Attached: 「read manga」.jpg (1125x1500, 1.78M)

whats bottom left/right? look nice

red/10

Attached: 3x3.jpg (3988x3988, 1.48M)

2/3

Still haven't gotten around to finish girl's last tour

3/4
>very excellent choice with Insomnia, that's one of the best ongoing manga I'm reading.
Yeah, I have always loved Ojiro Makoto's work but I think Insomnia has the potential to be her best work so far.

Bottom left is Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia, bottom right is just Hinamatsuri

2/4
3/4
0/0. Guess I need to become more cultured.
1/2

Attached: my3x3.png (899x899, 1.38M)

What's top mid and bottom-right?

1/3, fuck /m/

I enjoy Chion-san a lot, but the cousin dynamic isn't at strong as the relationship between Magari and Nakami. The foundation of love is spending time together, and Magari and Nakami get a lot of private time together due to their insomnia. The other Ojiro manga don't have the same foundation.
I don't like Katekin, which was an earlier Ojiro manga and it's shit. It's disappointing reading it and comparing to Chion, Fujiyama and Insomnia.
Why do you like Porco Rosso? I am making my way through the Ghibli movies again and most of them are bad. Porco is on the upper side but it's not about anything in particular.
/m/ pilled but get that shit Evangelion off of there. At least have something good like Rahxephon instead.

Attached: animatefilm.jpg (1000x1500, 1.14M)

Because Rahxephon sucks

hinamatsuri/8
4/6
0/Girls last tour
0/3
2/6
Eva/3
0/0

7/7
0/1
2/3
3/5
1/1

Attached: 3x3 anime.png (1124x1691, 3.91M)

>Because Rahxephon sucks
LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>Rahxephon sucks

Attached: why-are-you-gae.jpg (793x450, 43.26K)

>I don't like Katekin
I wouldn't call it terrible or anything but I agree that it's telling that it was made by an mangaka in progress. The art quality is also pretty shit iirc compared to her later works. I have only read the first 20 chapters or so like a year ago so I my memory is not up to date.

I think Fujiyama is her most overrated work. I still like it a lot but I think the "big girl, small guy" trope has always been a terrible and cheap concept. Just here it's not done bad like most other times I have come around the trope.

Chion-san is fucking great though.

3/3

/m/ / 10

2/2

Attached: 3x3 2.png (920x920, 327.69K)

names plox

>Interested in bottom right. Tell me about it, user.
It's Arigatou by Naoki Yamamoto. It's about a family where basically everything goes to shit. It's basically social commentary on 90s Japanese urban society. It's pretty depressing.
4/6
1/4
Gintama doesn't do it for me.
Kono Sekai no Owari e no Tabi and Arigatou.
God tier bottom row but not as good upper row. Takahata > Miyazaki.
3/8
Despite not liking the anime I feel like I'm going to enjoy the book for NHK a lot. Weird thing.
2/6

Attached: 3x3.11.jpg (1364x1022, 416.15K)

What was strange to me about Fujiyama is that it was set in middle school. The tall girl small boy trope is alright but I don't like when it turns into tall girl = masculine, small boy = feminine. That didn't happen very often in Fujiyama which makes it the best manga of that theme.
It's lucky that we're getting ongoing translation of Chion while we wait for the volume releases of Insomnia.
>It's pretty depressing
I will not read it then.
>Takahata > Miyazaki
Miyazaki's best is far above what Takahata did, but Miyazaki is a smoothbrain a lot of the time and makes complete ass. Pic related is my rewatch so far. Takahata's bad movies are bad because they're communist propaganda, or in the case of Yamadas, extremely boring. Miyazaki's bad movies are bad because they're thematically incoherent messes which are hard to sit through because of how horribly he manages themes. Ponyo is like his good movies, how it's such a straightforward story that it's impossible to get wrong, but it has a lot of themes going back to Hans Christian Andersen and Wagner that work well when juxtaposed with the children's story. I don't know how Howl turned out good because Miyazaki is dogshit at themes. It must have been a mistake that turned out better than anything he could do intentionally.
Takahata's good movies capture the human element really well. When he's not manufacturing communist demoralisation, he truly understands people. Kaguya was an excellent criticism of Buddhism and Only Yesterday is fantastic on all of its layers.

Attached: my-image.png (1216x543, 314.49K)

>Whisper of the Heart
>not S tier
Anyways I agree that in Takahata's case stuff like Grave of the Fireflies is bottom tier Ghibli. But Only Yesterday and Kaguya just happen to be my favorite Ghiblis alongside Whisper of the Heart which gives Takahata quite the edge having 2 films above Miyazaki's 2 best (Totoro and Kiki). I'd say Takahata hits lower lows but his highs stand above Miyazaki's highs.

Not a very obscure list admittedly

Attached: Favorite Manga Collage.jpg (2043x3264, 2.31M)

Only Yesterday is my favourite of the rewatches.
The problem in Whisper of the Heart is the household, which was a symptom of a modernist family structure where the father works and the mother is absent from the home pursuing education. Shizuku's mother was not helping her daughter discover herself in her adolescence which is a failure of parenting. I do not like to this in fiction because it degrades the family structure. I also disliked the middle school romance, which unfortunately is a popular element of all school stories. I prefer the romance of Ocean Waves, although that is a film which says little and is only a good romance story. Whisper of the Heart has the amazing scene where they all play music together, which is the most memorable part of the film.

based taste
tsugumomo/6

Why would you want an obscure list? Your favourites should not be what is least known.
Why did you choose Steel Ball Run? That's one of the worst Jojo parts and is totally derivative from other works of fiction. The art style is great, but Jojolion has the same artstyle while being a much better story with a more intriguing theme, and is not a derivative product. The Japs did not like this part either.
I did not get past one volume of Dorohedoro because I didn't like the art or the approach to characters.
Is Akumetsu a good delinquent series?

>YKK
Based, ended over 14 years ago bit still the best manga I have read.

Manga only.
3.5/7
5.5/6
2/3
5/8

5/8

3/6

3/4

3/8

8/8

-1 Kaiba
-0.5 It's such a beautiful day