Do you remember your first PC and the games you had with it?

Do you remember your first PC and the games you had with it?
I had a Windows98 with Nesticle and some games like Worms Armageddon, Age of Empires 2 and some DOS games (some mario game, a lamborghini racing game and a Pac-Man clone).

Attached: source.gif (640x480, 90.5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tajDxBaPBBM
youtube.com/watch?v=Ln0EF_ZTZDI
youtube.com/watch?v=sw8v5__Ytf4
youtube.com/watch?v=D30r0iRH73Q
youtube.com/watch?v=TvXw62tlc6U
youtube.com/watch?v=OkWaeaBYCsY
youtu.be/21a_bbajmjQ?t=59
abandonware-france.org/telechargement/clic/http/29968/files/
youtube.com/watch?v=xccVlnb6rvk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing–Sikorsky_RAH-66_Comanche
twitter.com/AnonBabble

everybody cites AOE2, you didn't play that shit for more than 3 games max.

I remember every video game I've ever played

Attached: Vidya-min.jpg (3000x8950, 2.2M)

owned*, not played

>everybody cites AOE2
yeah for me it was the first AOE by the time the second game came out I was balls deep into SC/BW for my RTS fix.

but for first game on PC? fuck if I remember we had two huge containers of DOS floppies that I can't remember any names of.

I'm not sure. I've been playing computer games since I was little. There was some racing game that had a vehicle with 6 wheels. A demo disc with a bunch of games like Mechwarrior and some night time car rail shooter. Random other childrens games. These are the only physical ones that I have.

Attached: asefasef.jpg (1464x653, 352.26K)

youtube.com/watch?v=tajDxBaPBBM

I had a pentium with win95 and a voodoo, i was 8 and it had
>doom
>doom 2
>heretic
>hexen
>quake
>magic carpet 2
That last one is still one of the best games ive ever playes

Attached: Magiccarpet2cover.jpg (250x294, 70.76K)

I don't remember the PC specifics but that was in the era when you had to run windows 3 through DOS. the first game I played on it was Day of the Tentacle and The Lion King

family PC
they were using Windows 98 by the time that I was aware enough to be using it myself

for me, it's pic related
finally re-bought it on GOG a few months ago and finished the last few tracks that I never could as a kid

Attached: racer.jpg (256x301, 28.34K)

I don't, I was born in 94 and we already had a computer at home.

>wolfenstein 3d
>skifree
>AoE2
>NFS2SE
>Prince of Persia (DOS)
>Mortal Kombat 4
More shit but I don't remember much.

Pretty much any game from Shockwave. I was young at the time and wasn't allowed by my pops to do much else on the PC. Other than that it was Disney's Paint Studio.
Funny story about that, I actually went and launched that program about 10 times till the PC crashed, just because I wanted to see what would happen.

Some Win 98 family PC with Roller Coaster Tycoon installed fresh from the cereal box.

if you never used MS DOS you are not actually a pc gamer

first one i remember was a 133mhz pentium with windows 95 and dos.
It had a 4x speed cd drive with a caddy type tray.

played just about every shareware apogee game possible.

Attached: Vintage 1991 Altec Technology Computer - AM486DX4 @100Mhz, MS-DOS, 8192K.jpg (1447x1600, 322.13K)

We had a 486dx2 (like basically everyone else) and I played loads of apogee games. Bio menace was my favorite, commander keen 4 was up there, but the game I put the most time into by far was wolf 3D. My mom played it with me, she loved it too. I still play it once or twice a year, I could probably beat it blindfolded at this point, I know every map, secret, enemy placement by heart on every difficulty.

Commander Keen and Tibia is all i remember.
Also the key puzzle game.

roblox. early 2010s. home.

Parents bought our first PC when I was 11, it had Windows XP and its standard games. Then I got Worms and Harry Potter 2.
Before that, I used to play old vidya at a friend's place, I don't remember much of it.

Had played doom wolf 3d, spectre karateka and some adventure games previously before family get our own PC which came with croc and incoming

akshually you giganigger, I played it a ton
the online lobbies back then were on what was basically a web page with a bunch of circles and you clicked a circle to join the game

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 134.84K)

Windows 95 has the best start up sound fight me

Attached: boxshot_rct_50[1].jpg (566x785, 115.16K)

>Then I got Worms
Did you get rid of them?

It is objectively the best, it was also composed by Phillilp glass. Next best is Windows ME.

I love the Windows NT boot sound.

My first PC was dosshell and Windows 3.11. Basically the stuff I was playing was all that old stuff you'd expect to find on windows at that time, as well as heaps of dos shareware and CD demos.

Kept me endlessly entertained though. Must've easily spent over 100 hours on shareware Wolf3D.

Mine was a Windows 95 in a VCR-like case that you connected to your TV via scart. It had The Incredible Machine and Thinking Things on it.

My pc was from my dead grandmother
I remember it having some stick figure game on it. Started out you were in a city, all looking like it was drawn in ms paint, I think you were framed for murder or something and then you had to run across the country escaping the cops or something. I have never found any info on this ever. Can't remember half the other games that were on the PC either.

incredible machine was so fun, just fucking around and looking at physics

I might download that now, there's not much else besides powder game

Windows 94
Tarzan, Worms, AoE, Red Alert 1 & 2
I also had a bunch of Swedish games that were collections of contextualized minigames.

Fuck, I meant W98.

I don’t remember the exact set up but it was similar to this. I played lots of Mechwarrior 2, Dark Forces, Doom wads, and x-wing/tie fighter.

Windows 98. I had a bunch of Lego and Playmobil games like Lego Stunt Rally, Lego Rock Rider and Hype the Time Quest, also some Disney shovelware. The game I played the most was AOE2 for sure.
But I played more with N64

contraption maker was made by like 3/4 the original team of incredible machine, it's also worth trying if incredible machine alone doesn't c ut it for you.

Earliest version I remember using as a kid was Win95. Then Win98 and then XP. Father probably had DOS on the side as well, for work.

What games? It had some shitty mini games, and one version of Need For Speed. Beyond that I don't remember.

Windows XP with a bunch of those old cd's packed with shitty flash games, later on my dad got me Far Cry and Counter Strike 1.6

good times

One of my dad's friend gave us an old toaster with a bunch of floppy disk and nothing written on them, it took days to try them all and find out what was on them... a lot didn't work but some had Doom, Hexen, Might and Magic (can't remember which one), and most importantly motherfucking Civilization and Transport Tycoon, biggest timesinks of my teenager years.

Also Encarta.

Attached: pY00J.jpg (680x425, 11.14K)

>Had pic related with a PII 400MHZ and an ATI rage card that I spent a lot of time just messing around in the included grafics/3D demo for
>incoming
>simcopter
>All sorts of early flight sims
>All sorts of the Headbone games like Elroy Hits the Pavement
>Rollercoaster Tycoon
>Later downloading the demos for doom, quake II, Half Life Uplink, etc. and storing them a bunch of folders in where my dad wouldn't find them because he was paranoid of downloading
I was stuck with that shit until 2007 when I was 12 and so I've played just about every DOS/Windows 98 era FPS but those were the ones I remember back to my wee days.
Sometimes i think of seeking one out that's been taken care of for old times sake.

Attached: 8ecee76cc183455cadcbe8d0b78cb9e1.jpg (600x337, 36.6K)

Win98 pc. Got a cd with games like Age of Empires, Worms 2, POD...also got copies of Leisure Suit Larry 6 and Carmageddon from a friend.

This thread reminded me of windows plus, and yet there is virtually no footage of windows plus! games.

That's going to be corrected in the near future

>Mech Commander
>Urban Assault
>Lemmings, Lemmings 3D, Lemmings Paintball
>Jungle Strike
>Heroes 3
>AOE ROR and AOE 2
>Lamentation Sword
>Commandos BEL and BTCOD
>Gubble II
>Hercules
Maybe others too, but these I have a stronger memory of.

forgot one of the Rally Championship games

If we don't count the monochrome Macintosh and the games it was bundled with, it would have to be a Windows 98.
The very first games I played on it were Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis and Broken Sword 2.

Old dos only computer I got from my uncle, only games I can remember are wolfenstein 3d, simcity and ski of die.

My first was a windows 95. I played Duke 3D and Putt-Putt like it was going out of style.

Attached: battlebugs.png (800x600, 33.79K)

My man, battle bugs is amazing to this day. Nothing compares.

I got my first PC when I was 4. It had a voodo 3dfx card and I played Croc: Legend of the Gobbos, Little Big Adventure 2 and Dungeon Master 2 on it, as well as lots of other dos games. I love my father for sparking my interest in computers. Today I'm a system admin.

I'm pretty sure it was 98? Lots of edutainment games like Pajama Sam, Freddie Fish, Putt Putt etc. We had Myst. The PC version of Sonic CD

My first really big PC release though was Diablo II, fuck the amount of time I spent playing that game with people online. And even that was a drop in a bucket compared to FF XI

Goddamn was the early internet magical

windows 95

we had a bunch of demos for games of varying quality and they all had to be run through dos. the cream of the crop was the doom shareware, but i don't remember most. there was some updated version of missile command, magic carpet, and an edutainment(?) point and click about greek mythology. i had simtown too, but i think that came later.

kinda wish i knew what that greek game was. i think it was based on the odyssey but my memory's hazy

Attached: 71157_screenhi_930x524_en_US_06_^_2014-04-10-13-14-19_8d1040e6a88cbb78d28c1e0eb2c0992bdfb04120.jpg (930x524, 58.86K)

Ghostbusters on Commodore 64.

>Windows 95 + MSDOS
Let's see, Space cadet pinball was already installed, the W95 CD had Hover, Magic Bus minigames. And I remember playing Outlaws, X-wing vs Tie Fighters, Age of Empires 1 and 2, Star Trek The New Generation A Final Unity, Worms Armageddon. There are probably a few others but those are the ones I remember.

i had a really old PC, and i had some Mario typing game, a game about a green rabbit, and some other about a caveman, i do not remember their names.

>win95 with space cadet pinball

look at this spoiled rich kid.

this

Windows 2000 Pro - Counter Strike, man those were great times, never forgetti!

You now remember Space Dude

Attached: 139857139857193861.png (640x400, 5.63K)

Mario's Game Gallery and Jazz Jackrabbit.

I wish, but you're thinking too highly of me.

Attached: 1561672023927.jpg (278x446, 31.02K)

My earliest PC memories with Win98 Plus were with me toying around with its custom themes, the 'virtual tours' on the CD-ROM encyclopedias I owned at the time and playing with all the games that came out with cereal boxes. Man, these were the times...

youtube.com/watch?v=Ln0EF_ZTZDI
I remember playing Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego the most, but I'm sure there were others. Then we moved to the new house and I started getting shit like Wolf3D, Doom, UFO Defense (that I read about in a magazine and found at a fucking Walmart of all places after searching high and low for it), and things like that. I didn't get really heavy into PC gaming until the late 90s when the economy really picked up and I got a monster of a machine with TWO VooDoo 2s in it. I used that monster until I built a new rig in 2012 with a 670. Then I upgraded to a 1070 in 2016. Now I'll upgrade to a 3070/80 in 2020. Seems like every four years may be the proper upgrade cycle for GPUs, but I dunno.

Thanks for reading my blog.

anyone remember that story maker that was with Windows 95 or 98? You would choose your background, drag and drop various objects into the scene and write the story at the bottom of the page. You could put music on it too. It was fantastic.

>you didn't play that shit for more than 3 games max
t. no internet poorfag

i too remember mszone.

Attached: indiana-jones-and-his-desktop-adventures_8.png (509x352, 20.37K)

For some reason, the first game to pop into my mind is the Encarta Encyclopedia quiz labyrinth.

I remember having the free version, so I could only play with like two characters, one background, and a few sounds.

Windows 95 or 98, can't remember. I do remember it having a massive 300mb hard drive though.
Aside from random demos i remember playing Age of Empires/Rise of Rome, Red Alert 1, GTA 2 and Moto Racer a lot,as well as Baldur's Gate, Diablo and Dungeon Keeper.

Attached: 1581088737531.png (800x800, 360.52K)

Jazz jackrabbit 2 on my pc and RCT on my cousin's. Then I got some NFS games

Found it! Storybooker Weaver Deluxe.

Attached: 3859198617986.png (1738x1303, 2.73M)

I had a Compaq Presario 486dx2.
It had a special edition of win 3.11
It came with 2 CD-rom games
King's Quest VII
Thinkin' Things 2

I didn't play PC games back then. I remember having primarily Heroes 3, Lego Rock Raider, motorcross madness and those SNES ported DOS disney games (aladdin, junglebook, the lion king, asterix and obelix etc)
youtube.com/watch?v=sw8v5__Ytf4

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 140.87K)

Some old beige Gateway shitbox with Windows 98. Mostly played Might and Magic 6/7, Star Trek Armada, and the demo for MDK on that thing. Good shit.

Attached: 1420692198249.jpg (1200x1000, 107.74K)

Huh, that's not the one I remember. I think mine ad "3D" in the name.

3d movie maker?

Attached: 3857298352.jpg (1280x720, 120.27K)

Wow, that's actually it. Thanks for the memories user.

i remember that being hard as shit but i was also a stupid child at the time so who knows

Absolute classic

Attached: 4u3y59426926.jpg (1394x881, 87.47K)

I played Myst.
youtube.com/watch?v=D30r0iRH73Q
Fond memories.

I had Flight Simulator 98, Grandia 2, Carmen Sandiego? Deluxe Edition, Arthur's computer adventure and some Titanic point and click adventure game. No idea how flight simulator was fun (it's not fun) but I would play it for hours. Grandia 2 I found by accident in a used game/book store in the wrong case and if my parents had known I had it they would have taken it. Can't even begin to count how many times I coomed to Millenia. My first game that I got intentionally and wanted was Mechwarrior 3. I don't think I ever beat the game but I was so obsessed with Battletech technical books that just looking at mechs was enough to make me happy.

Attached: 1584236433087s.jpg (109x125, 1.82K)

This shit sucked, but I would play it a lot with my sisters.

Bugdom on iMac was my first computer game

Attached: Bugdom.jpg (280x280, 23.88K)

Man, fuckin' magic carpet. I had a friend in primary school who used to play that a bit, but I never had any idea what I was doing. All I really remember is just shooting fireballs at big monsters while flying around.

Attached: 4798639242.png (1432x922, 940.54K)

I don't remember if it was Windows 95 or 98 but I played Lego Racers and Midtown Madness 2 as my first PC games.

Yeah, it was a Sony Vaio with a Pentium III. It came with Heavy Gear 1 and Warcraft 1. After that, I got a Galaxy of Games disc and discovered the Exile series. Good stuff. I also discovered emulation from an anime fansite. Good times.

Attached: 1567152881670.png (1024x892, 18.15K)

Nope, but I did play this at a friend's house on his old PC.

Attached: 1565236369660.jpg (256x314, 26.7K)

>all those great RTS games in the PC category

Attached: 1498527845083.png (640x478, 431.37K)

haha I had that too. The music that would play with each of the animated characters was awesome.

Late 90s. 2am online games, chain of command. 4v4 ww2 squad tactics
Over dial up

First computer I ever played games on was a Texas Instruments 99-4/A. That shit had a fucking cassette tape reader/recorder. I think it also had a floppy drive, but I can't remember if it was a 5ÂĽ or an 8. 5ÂĽ sounds right. I don't properly remember any games.

My most memorable was a Win98, which had Freakin' Funky Fuzzballs, Home Alone (DOS), and Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries on it. I think we also had a few CD games, probably Kye. Definitely had Space Cadet Pinball.

>chain of command
holy shit I remember that game. the lag could be bullshit through and you'd get fucked over by a grenade

Attached: 49736978346843.jpg (512x359, 80.42K)

my dads pc had windows 98 w/ StarLancer and MechWarriors 3, obviously I was absolute shit at the latter but I loved it very much, pic related is a fanart I made when I was 5

Attached: lel.jpg (1151x828, 152.23K)

my dad bought a used computer from good will. it did not have a gui. he expected a elementary school me to figure out how to use it with no instructions.

MY SPIDER SENSE IS TINGLING MY SPIDER SENSE IS TINGLING MY SPIDER SENSE IS TINGLING

fuckin hellbender on windows 95, fuck yeah

second boss was such bullshit , holy shit.

Attached: whoisthis.gif (320x218, 112.8K)

1993 packard bell legend 1920, 16mb edo ram, 75mhz pentium. First game was either duke nukem 2 or alien carnage/halloween harry.

Not my PC but I remember my first memories of video games being Worms 2.

Implying i ever forgot

Attached: 9954b72f.jpg (854x1506, 377.86K)

Windows 95 with Doom, Quake, X-wing, Tie Fighter and Star Wars Rebel Assault 2

damn nigga that's crazy

Attached: aoe2complete.png (637x203, 69.87K)

Gender Wars! Syndicate Wars! and Jagged Alliance 2. Great taste user. I loved Evolva too. I still remember the cheat for Syndicate Wars - POOSLICE.

Attached: 2091095261.jpg (480x360, 28.97K)

>infernal machine
Holy shit the last stages were nightmare fuel. Fuck those spiky worms that poisoned you.

windows 95 with mame

The pac man clone sounds like supaplex. Here's your mario for tonight Bro.

Attached: mario.png (656x420, 30.67K)

Yes, a Tandy from Radio Shack, D&D goldbox games, and Might and Magic

Attached: champions-of-krynn.gif (640x400, 34.54K)

I miss getting games in a small box.

I had Intel 386 with a bunch of pirated games (which I didn't knew then) which is probably why
the Jurassic Park, The Jungle Book and Volfied games froze and crashed randomly (Volfied did this at the 10th level)

I was about 5, and our family had this bad boy rented in order to do some work or some shit.

My asshole uncle was a smartass who thought I'd be too dumb for King's Bounty, so he put a quick menu in Norton with shortcuts to bunch of shmups, I certainly remember Xenon 2 (good shit) and Star Goose (fuck this game).

I learned how to use Norton and play BIG BOY games (flight sims like F19 and Retaliator, King's Bounty, first Civ) just to piss off my fat fucktard of an uncle. Thanks Andrew.

Attached: 90's russian kid starter pack.jpg (1605x749, 890.79K)

Wrong pic. Was thinking about one of these.

Attached: d3930f8d3d8abceac650ddef4a487eac.jpg (640x480, 47.72K)

I remember.
Athlon 2000+-/256mb/gf440mx
Windows Me
Unreal tournament

MS-DOS 5.0. Monkey Island, and the usual Apogee suite of releases to start because their games were fucking everywhere.

Pretty sure I played Doom/Duke3d the most on that thing, especially due to the level editors.

yes
it was shit

>tfw mostly educational shit
youtube.com/watch?v=TvXw62tlc6U

Attached: hedgehog.png (338x295, 193.6K)

yes

My dad bought home some ancient PC from work that was being tossed. It was a 286 with DOS and a bunch of pirated Sierra adventure games. I always scoff when I see grown adults whining that the Sierra adventure game puzzles were too hard and that's why the LucasArts games were better because I beat those games when I was less than 10 years old.

A 486 with Windows 3.1 (didn't get 95 until later). Basically pic related minus the 4 GB Flash memory extension

Came with a bunch of cheap/free games that we could get from the bargain bin. Games compilations like Galaxy of Games and Windows Entertainment Pack were my mainstay, and I would buy a few games from CD Samplers when I was allowed. I had Wolfenstein, Inner Space, the Doom demo (wasn't allowed to buy the full thing) and almost every arcade compilation I could find since I loved arcade ports.

I eventually got Windows 95, but that was basically my life up until I got an upgrade in 1997 or 98, don't remember which, and I got a computer powerful enough for 3D.

Attached: 617aeb1d6fda419983360421d023a731.jpg (600x800, 64.09K)

First PC we had came with Millenium Edition.
Games I played included Raptor, HEDZ, Blues Brothers, Lion King, Hercules, Prince of Persia, DOOM, AoE. Shit was cash.

Attached: raptor_5.jpg (710x444, 96.48K)

>Here's that Doom game you wanted son
youtube.com/watch?v=OkWaeaBYCsY

Was a Win95 computer with Prince of Persia, one of the Kings Quest games, and some other that I don't really remember.

oh I do
it was somewhere around late '93, maybe 94, a computer with dos, norton commander, and windows 3.11
>titus the fox
>some golf game that could talk through pc speaker with an understandable voice that blew my mind
>and motherfucking Civilization
fucking Sid Meier, it's his fault I ended up like this

Attached: 6s3g191cp0r11[1].jpg (639x386, 142.11K)

Pics like this make me wonder if getting a true retro setup would be cool as hell. I had dreams about IBM 486 when I was a kid, looks like it might be a good idea to fullfill them now.

286 that barely ran windows 95
would play lotus esprit turbo challenge and some weird amiga clones if you booted dos mode first

Only thing I'd consider is getting a Crysis-1 era WinXP machine since those are easy to get MS-DOS running on proper for the sake of game compatibility from there through Win98. Fuck trying to get older Windows titles working on Win10 without any fuckery or emulation involved.

I mostly miss CRTs though, and getting a CRT just to play some DOS games feels like waste, might aswell get a full setup at this point.

Probably Fifa 98. Can't remember what I had on 95

Friendly reminder that Commanche is still the most expensive game ever made, when you think about it.

Attached: screenshot.46.jpg (640x480, 256.54K)

The very first PC only had Prince of Persia on it and the monitor could only display amber. Upgrading meant getting a new monitor and seeing PoP in color for the first time.

Attached: SDIj9qCeFGAJznpOEGkR3YzvhxhtGUwrRuAnfrOjpWo.jpg (960x720, 133.01K)

>>some golf game that could talk through pc speaker with an understandable voice that blew my mind
World Class Leaderboard. Made by the same guys that made the Tex Murphy franchise. They came up with some fancy tech called RealSound which enabled some relatively high quality audio to come from a PC speaker.

why?

Where my LHX Attack Chopper bros at

Attached: Lhx-attack-chopper-dos-screen.png (320x200, 5.29K)

That series was also a technical marvel given it ran on a 66mhz 486. Heightmaps rendered as voxel goodness.

yes
youtu.be/21a_bbajmjQ?t=59
this is it, exactly

small kid, dad put a computer in my brother and I's room. I assume it was a previous build of his, I dunno. all I do know is I'm pretty sure it wasn't connected to the internet (though we'd always end up using his computer for that anyway), I'm pretty sure it was running on windows 2000, and I know for a fact that 99% of the games I had were bog standard kid games. Stuff like the Humongous games titles (namely a few backyard sports games and those blues clues ones but I think there were also a few freddi fish games, Super Solvers, Wacky Racers, Chex Quest. Stuff like that comes to mind)

I also know for a fact that on either his computer or on ours we had Sonic CD (or at least a demo) since despite the fact that I didn't get around to really playing it until at least a decade later I remember seeing Collision Chaos on one of those PCs when I was six or so.

Also remember my dad buying something DOOM related at a walmart, not sure why that memory in particular stands out. Maybe because the cover doesn't look like anything I've ever seen for the game since. Had a big demon hand on a red background I think? Always thought it was just the full game but in retrospect it was probably either some weird retail shareware version or one of those WADpacks

I played mostly sim games like IL2 Sturmovik and Silent Hunter. Games my father liked. Of course being a kid I didn't know how to play them so I just do silly stuff like going to full depth with a submarine or flying for fun.

The Commanche was a helicopter that was never completed by the american government, despite the billions they spent on it. The video game serie is actually the only thing that remain of this project.

I didn't own a PC personally until I was a sophomore in high school, but I had been playing on my cousin's various builds since about 4. Earliest one I remember them having was an IBM compatible loaded up with shareware titles, but the first one I touched was a Windows 95 loaded up with Quake. Other than that I played at a few arcade cabinets at the gas station down the street after we moved. Mostly outdated Pac-Man and Galaga machines but there was a Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 cabinet that was fucking sweet.

Played a lot of Commache Gold with my father.

Attached: unreal.png (1504x740, 1.54M)

Behold, Peak Boomer gaming.
You cannot defeat me.

Attached: Microsoft Golf 1.0.png (640x480, 24.41K)

APOGEE MEANS ACTION

It also meant $1 shareware floppies.

They were all better than 90% of AAA games today

kek I remember this

How embarrassing not having the internet in the late nineties. AOE2 was the game to play back then. MSN gaming zone lobbies for thousands of hours.

I remember playing this, goddamn sometimes I would be stuck at some places for days or weeks. Oh man, the old times when you didn't have internet to just look up solutions

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 80.42K)

First memory I have is playing some kind of platformer similar to Commander Keen for Windows 3.1. On consoles it's U.N. Squadron/Area 88 on SNES.
Probably why I ended up becoming planefag.

Attached: escher.jpg (682x716, 239.7K)

I never played AoE2 online because I'm too much of a brainlet to play RTS against others.
Instead I spent hundreds of hours using cheats to build my village and castle and army to then steamroll the enemy.
Shit was fun as fuck.

>your dad subscribed to a computer magazine
>YFW THERE'S A DEMO DISC IN IT

Attached: glorious.jpg (126x126, 11.16K)

they were also very cheap.
Some of them even came up with a fucking full game, that wasn't even THAT old.

>nesticle
Didn't expect that I would get nostalgic about pic related.

Attached: Screenshot_20200501_144914.jpg (1080x849, 123.95K)

>tfw banned from using the family computer as a kid after I somehow managed to break MS Paint on Windows ME by trying to open a .bmp file with Command Promit

Attached: 1580246191617.png (597x497, 42.04K)

God I miss demo discs.

>Dial up modem
>want to get new games for your pc
>go to download.com or whatever
>each free games are done with Gamequick software
>around 2-3 Mb each time, so it take ages to download, and connection is expensive
>always kinda crappy
>emulation kick in
>discover it for the first time
>the emulator itself is 1 mb
>each roms/game are 512 ko max
>those are actual games
HOLY FUCK YES
>one emulatore is

I still have my first in the basement. And Turok 2 that was added in with it along with Extreme-G 2.

I remember finding out about so many cool games from PC gamer demo discs.
>tfw you got one that included a free full game

Attached: 1580480751902.jpg (1073x1041, 150.17K)

It was way back in 2006 (i was 16). A terrible dell pc with integrated GPU and Windows XP. Was enough to play Halo, Diablo 2, Warcraft 3, RA2, Generals and most importantly - Morrowind. Later on came UT99 and 2k4.

I've been building a PC similar to my first computer. It's slightly faster than what I had back in the day (K6-2 450MHz -> K6-III+ 450MHz, Voodoo 3 2000 -> Voodoo 3 3500) and has better display (unfortunately only a loaner, haven't been able to source a good CRT despite years of looking for one).
Unfortunately it's dog slow in any games from thay era, pretty much sums up how bad experience I had as kid playing PC. When I upgraded to Celeron 800@1066MHz and GeForce 2 MX in 2001 it was a fucking quantum leap (the Celeron had maybe 4-6x more FPU power than the K6-2 and the GeForce was about twice as fast as the Voodoo 3 2000).

Attached: IMG_20200501_152118223.jpg (4032x3024, 2.76M)

How do you get these old parts, anyway? Just scour ebay until you find them?

I loved these games. I'm pissed off they're taking the Ace Combat route for the new Comanche.

to be fair, Commanche 4 was already hilariously arcade. A shame that helicopter simulator are actually pretty rare.

I've been thinking about it, and the biggest problem is space. The place where I would have a computer currently has a computer, and I'm not sure where else I would put one if I could find a place to put it or how often I would use it. Ideally, I would want it next to my current computer.

This is how I played Pitfall and X-com back in the day.

Some from ebay, some from local craigslist equivalent and a lot from my workplace. When an old lab gets purged the old hardware gets dumped into WEEE-bins and I used to raid those regularly.

For example the audio card in that PC (Terratec EWS64XL + Yamaha DB50GX midicard) was obtained during one of the purges.

You're probably right. Comanche 3 was my favorite, and one I spent the most time with. I don't remember just how arcadey it was, but I remember it having realistic weapon loadouts, pylon jamming, even engine malfunctions. Most arcadey part I can remember is that you could rearm in less than a few minutes.

Also I haven't been able to find a single emulated PC setup in any virtual machine that will run Comanche 3. I have the original disk and tried almost everything only to get black screens and crashes.

I played the demo to Pizza Connection 2 more than the actual game
Good times

abandonware-france.org/telechargement/clic/http/29968/files/

>I played the demo to X more than the actual game
everytime

This was fun as fuck. Really hoped they would remaster this some day.

Attached: drbrain.jpg (474x358, 42.01K)

>demo contains an unique level too

Attached: sldemo.jpg (1024x768, 73.05K)

I have the disk, though. Does this have something besides the game files?

GUIDED MISSILE!

Attached: microman.png (652x493, 15.42K)

yes. A dosbox setup made for the game.

Win 98. Some of my first games were the fanmade South Park games that used to be hosted on Mr. Hat's Hell Hole. Stuff like Kenny's Revenge and Secret Agent Stan.

Would be nice to find them again just for nostalgia's sake.

Oh, I'll give it a try then. Thanks
My CD is the windows edition, but I actually don't know what the differences are and if I would miss them.

Compaq DeskPRO
133 Mhz Pentium
32MB RAM
Cirrus Logic graphics later I bought S3 and then even 3Dfix Voodoo accelerator
1.5GB Harddisk
Literally first OWN games in my life were Diablo, NFS II SE, Comanche 3, Neverhood

Bought it, thanks for the hint

You do realize that there are more non americans on this board than americans do you? In eastern Europe internet was unavailable for 99% of people then.

Attached: 19510-return-fire-windows-screenshot-watch-out-for-enemy-turrets.gif (640x480, 53.04K)

Attached: 1519540069345.gif (516x400, 96.63K)

>You do realize that there are more non americans on this board than americans do you?

Absolutely not true. This is an American majority board.

Attached: 4a3996a47284daf67a2f3606c676559fca2829916522557f3c7dd99f8598be31.png (630x832, 408.89K)

Playing Sonic Robo Blast 2 still feel like discovering my first pc for the first time. IT ecapsulate early 3D based on sprites, and fan games.

Attached: D92fmUCX4AAUUFH.gif (1280x800, 3.23M)

Attached: 1411286645299.jpg (653x473, 386.31K)

MSdos with syndicate and dune 2. Had to load he mouse.exe before being able to use the mouse.

Attached: 1474784917749.jpg (700x437, 76.31K)

Attached: 1505052494607.jpg (1680x1050, 1.29M)

Magic carpet 2, I still have the cd. Way ahead of it's time, spells that changed the map and it had multiplayer.

What game?
Can you save poor naga?

Jedi Outcast also had this and it seems it was set after the full game happened.

Companions of Xanth

And what about the snek woman?

Need for Speed (1)
Gizmos and Gadgets
Destruction Derby
Lemmings 3D
Age of Empires
Starcraft
Legoland
Majesty
Lego Racer
Vice City
Warcraft 3

What a machine. I always thought it was trash, but that's some a lifespan.

it's up to you to discover it.

Discovering emulation for the first time felt like hacking the system in the Matrix back then.

imagine Gender Wars being made today even though it poked fun at all stereotypes. and the male colonies were piss and graffiti soaked hellholes and the female colonies were a pristine white utopia. and both sides did raids to capture sex slaves for reproduction.

youtube.com/watch?v=xccVlnb6rvk

If you're talking IBM PC, my first was an PC XT clone with a black and white EGA screen (this somehow exists).
It had a bunch of sega games like outrun, golden axe, zaxxon...
But my first computer computer was an Gradiente Expert DDPLUS, an MSX 1 computer with a 720KB disk drive.
Pretty fucking good at piracy because every game was like 32KB so you could have 20 games per disk.

>Windows 95
>Daggerfall
>Entomorph
>G-NOME
>SimCity 2000

Attached: dancing man.gif (460x544, 662.99K)

It was a Packard Bell Platinum 2200, Pentium model from 1995 but it was still running MS-DOS, we didn't have Windows 95 until our family next PC.

First game I played on it was Flight of the Amazon Queen, given to me by my uncle it looked like a rip off Indiana Jones.

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1108x1600, 212.94K)

Does anyone remember a windows 98 or XP game where you made all these weird contraptions to get marbles to roll into a hole or something, wasn't 2d pixel art, I think it had a more 3d prerendered graphics feeling. Also who else played the best fucking puzzle game (to earn the billboard pieces) known to man that wasn't even the main focus of the game.

Attached: mtlol.jpg (169x170, 26.13K)

>no Atari 2600
>no NES\Master System
>such a small list for classic consoles
>no dedicated list for MS-DOS games
What a disgusting list

Attached: 1587923614725s.jpg (124x125, 1.51K)

Marble Madness?

haha yeah it was fucking great. It's almost worth trying to do a remake just to see today's feminists lose their fucking minds over it. I remember one of the early videos on the female side had them trying to drive a space ship or cruiser, and they couldn't drive it properly so it fell straight out of the sky lmao

Attached: 29385892523.jpg (1280x919, 526.81K)

Marble Drop my nigga

Attached: marble-drop_1.jpg (962x662, 93.5K)

Some early PC games I remember my family having were DOOM, Worms, AoE 1, Diablo 1/2, Die by the Sword, GTA 1/2, Carmageddon, Croc, Tonic Trouble. Having an older brother that was into vidya at the time I was exposed to a lot shit as it was happening.

The biggest new PC moment I ever had was when my family got a new PC & Morrowind in 2002. As an 8-9 y/o at the time that shit blew my fucking mind.
Take me back...

Attached: igiveup.png (857x796, 698.89K)

YES THIS WAS IT thank you

I will check this out anyway

windows ME, i played mostly educational games worms/aoe 1/2, stronghold 1/2 some point'n'clicks like aceventura

Fucking hell are Boeng just a money laundering scheme?
Camanche 6.9bn, F35 1.5tn, Dreamliner 32bn, 737 3bn

*knock knock*

Attached: menu.png (640x480, 180.04K)

Zig Forumstards would call it jewish propaganda
sjw's woudl call it nazi propaganda

I remember Hover for Windows 98 being the first 3D game I really was blown away by as a kid. We owned a PlayStation but all I really played on that was Tekken 2

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing–Sikorsky_RAH-66_Comanche
it's amazing really

shit, I guess I was just bad at video games back then because I never could get past a certain point and everything just felt into pieces

286 with LSL1, Titus the Fox, Prehistorik 2 and Prince of Persia on a b&w monitor

some old Snoopy game where you flew around on his doghouse
I miss it

Bunch of zoomers here (jk). Have a neato list of ms-dos titles I played as a child:
- Ultimate Doom
- Doom 2 Hell on Earth
- Jazz Jackrabbit
- Hocus Pocus
- Major Stryke
- Overkill
- Bio Menace
- Commander Keen
- Xargon
- Jill of the Jungle
- Wolfenstein 3D
- Heretic
- Hexen
- Highway Hunter
- Raptor
- Duke Nukem 1, 2 and 3D
- Captain Comic
- Alley Cat
- Secret Agent
- Realm of Chaos
- Dark Ages
- Rise of the Triad
- Blake Stone
- Corridor 7
- Dangerous Dave
- Descent
- Nitemare 3D
- Prince of Persia

Great pc but clean your keyboard please

>one of 1st games to be called photorealistic
member's are strong with this one

>Played KotOR 2 but not 1.

not boeing, usa millitary in general.

>photorealistic
ha, remember one time my dad saw me playing the first Mafia and he was
>damn son, those games look like the movies now

Attached: 1832491-game_2011_07_04_18_11_52_40[1].jpg (1680x1050, 85.53K)

Yeah I also remember the first games I played on PC. Played Quake and Road Rash 2 on my uncles Windows 95 PC. My first PC was a Windows XP PC that I bought after playing Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Serious Sam, Postal 2, and UT2004 at a friends house. UT2004 in particular I just remember being blown away at because there was nothing like it on consoles at the time. The rag doll physics seemed like such a big deal although they are laughably outdated by todays standards. UT2004 is the game that convinced me to get into PC gaming. Its a shame PC/Console gaming are so similar now with everything being made for consoles first then just being upgraded for PC in the visuals department. Console ports at the time I had saw like Serious Sam just showed you how big of a difference there was between the platforms although the Xbox was somewhat capable of matching a low end PC the GCN/PS2 were not able to get anywhere near close to PC with a few exceptions like Metroid Prime which managed to look great while running at 60FPS most of the time.

>Game integrated with the Windows interface
this is the ONE thing I really want to come back.

Attached: 817406-dogz-ii-your-virtual-petz-windows-screenshot-this-is-the-range.png (800x600, 476.95K)

Attached: 1469193617466.gif (632x440, 166.06K)

Attached: 1469206384073.jpg (900x720, 170.46K)

Pentium 1 @166mhz

Bunch of demos because poorfag, Secret of Monkey Island, Legend of Kyrandia, Lands of Lore 2, The Settlers, Warcraft 2, C&C1, Sim City, Caesar II. Had to play mostly adventure games and strategy games because my dad thought shooters and violent games made you dumb and strategy and city building make you smart or at the very least not as dumb as playing FPS.

Attached: Professional.jpg (571x455, 183.11K)

Attached: ECINWBaUwAEvv11.png (800x600, 419.94K)

Attached: 1567086812363.jpg (960x720, 157.69K)

Anyone played/remembers this?

Attached: 1164915-armymen3do.jpg (432x515, 28.5K)

cool furnace

Attached: VideoToaster-original.jpg (1024x681, 690.99K)

shub niggurath on the left there.

Attached: 1522826916470.jpg (2048x2044, 590.87K)

Yeah terrific game. I had like all of them. Original PC one, the second game (very bizzare). The RTS one. The 3rd person ones on PS1 and Sarges Heroes on N64. And some more but can't remember what they were. Legendary series

Attached: 1522825427156.jpg (527x700, 55.33K)

>That 1 race that you had to absolutely be perfect on every input or insta-lose.

best game ever.

wacky wheels! i remember that game

My cousin and me often played singleplayer games together, one would drive/walk the other shoot.

Billy the kid on dos

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 51.4K)

Attached: 77.jpg (480x360, 17.9K)

keen 4 with a joystick?

Older user here. Had a 286 IBM with a bunch of good shit. Rogue, King's Quest, Space Quest, Leisure Suit Larry, Populous.

My first very OWN computer was a Gateway though, with Fine Artist, Doom, Heretic etc.

yes

Aw yeah, Commander Keen. I have an old homevideo where I'm playing that game as a kid too.

Yeah. Looks like it's one of those pyramid levels.
I had a Joystick and tried playing Keen 6 with it. But it felt weird and uncomfortable, so I didn't bother using it for very long.

Attached: 1541943368229.png (982x980, 806.79K)

had my first pc when i was about 8 years old. my father set it up with some of his old parts and it ran DOS with Norton Commander interface. i played Dungeon Keeper and Dark Forces and had a drive full with shovelware like games.

post yfw causing your first BSOD

Attached: 1584796574535.png (341x320, 135.04K)

>browse A:
>remove the disk
woooah

>not having 95 as your first PC
>not playing games that were also compatible with DOS
Not gonna make it

Attached: 1580266621265.gif (190x200, 2.56M)

>visit friends home in 96
>pc still in on 3.1

was kind of cool seeing it but also felt bad for him but he had a SNES and Yoshis Island so it was okay I guess

WinXP, 256mb ram, 32mb on board video card and an amd athlon for cpu i think. aoe1 demo, age of mythology and turok 2 were the 1st games i played on it. ~2004 or 2003

lol

I wish I remember the game it was, but it came on a demo disk and me and my brother got through it and we found a way to glitch to the next level. I don't know how much of the game was loaded onto those disks, but it seemed like the whole game was there. We never got far because when you died it sent you back to original first level.

How hard is it to throw a windows 95 machine together? Is it easier to emulate? Does emulation work well and have accurate sound? The sound is important. Is it hard to find copies of BOWEP?

holy shit a presario bro. Do you remember After Dark and that wierd kid friendly OS thing with the dog in the car at the start?
Technically the first game i had was Snake and Gorilla (where you typed in the X and Y to throw explosive bananas) running on a random *86 DOS machine but after that i got Windows 95 and the best video game ever made

Attached: yuploderunnerwasagoodgame.jpg (474x355, 45.33K)

Compaq Presario 9546 with SimTown, Thinkin Things, and Enigma pinball.

I remember how much of a big deal it was to get a T1 connection in the 90s.

My first pc was running on windows 95, I don't know what hardware it had because I was a small kid back then. I only had classic prince of persia, mario and lemmings on it. Lemmings were my favourite even though I was bad at it. PC ended up dying because my mother accidentally dropped it and something ended up burning inside it afterwards.

My family didn't have money to buy a new one so I spent next 5 years without a pc.

lel

A pentium III 350Mhz from wallmart.
My first game was FF7. I actually bought it years before having my first PC, because I just KNEW I would miss on the best game ever if I didn't get it while it was available. And Holy shit was I right.

i got in trouble for downloading porn lol
blamed my brother lol

I'm pretty sure this was the first game I ever played, thanks for posting it.

I remember reformatting my dad's work computer when I was in middle school because I went on a porn site. He hit me pretty hard

win95 sony vaio desktop pic related, he called it the family computer because i was 8 and definitely didn't need it to myself but it was in my room and i ended up using it more than anyone, according to my dad he spent $3k on it at the time. it came wipeout 1 which is now one of my fav racing games of all time, and a bunch of RTS i didn't understand, also monster truck madness 2 and a first person bumper cars type CTF game called hover

Attached: download (3).jpg (1020x769, 110.36K)

I want a real Windows flag.

Attached: windows flag.gif (32x32, 2.7K)

Windows 95. I played the preinstalled games like Pinball and Solitaire.
I also remember a game where you could twist and warp classic paintings.

Power Goo?

Attached: 23592358236.jpg (800x600, 88.37K)

homm3 with hota and hd mod is still my favorite game

My parents got a prebuilt one from Best Buy. Had Windows 98 on it. The HDD was fucking tiny though. I could only have like 2 games installed on it at a given time. All it could run were The Sims and Rollercoaster Tycoon. I didn't even know what DOS was so I didn't play anything older on it. We downloaded random shit on there all the times. It was fucking crawling with viruses. We were all tech illiterate.

oh fuck, I remember this