I love the original but, I might have to go ME2 if only choosing one

left

1 is very cool but too tedious.

Having more characters in 2 was nice but a few were really lame

If 2 wouldnt feel like a filler,
I would pick it.

Both are pretty good.

Btw Renegade is more fun to play.

2, because Insanity isn't just bullet sponge white health bar enemies in that game.

2 and it's nowhere near as close as you think it is.
1 is kind of garbage. Let's be honest.

Give me 1 please, and let's pretend that the rest never happened.

1 is the GOAT minus the upgrade system

back to fucking reddit, jesus

1 annihilates 2

>t. doesn't know how opinions work

>storyshit garbage that belongs on Zig Forums
Neither.

The one that didn't simplyfy mechanics to cater to casuals.

In only one of these I can fuck a Turian so that's the one I pick.

ME2's plot feels removed from the main ME story arc, which means it's also quite self-contained and enjoyable alone.

2 has better gameplay, better soundtrack, better characters, better missions

WE DONT HAVE TIME TO DEAL WITH THIS IDIOT! CHARGE

I liked 1 better because it felt more like an RPG in terms of skills and whatnot. As you leveled up you could put points into stuff like accuracy, which I thought was neat. You really felt like you could handle way more compared to the beginning.
In 2 it just because your standard FPS so as long as you could land headshots nothing really mattered. Also, the way powers worked kinda sucked in 2. You had cooldowns for fucking everything and if I recall the cooldown applied to ALL abilities, so you couldn't even pull off combos and shit like you could in 1

Not an argument.

If playing for the first time, I pick ME. It has the superior plot and atmosphere.
On a replay I pick ME2 because combat and exploration in ME gets somewhat tedious after 10 hours or so.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (299x289, 24.75K)

ME1

Despite the gameplay growing pains, this was the best part of the story. 2 had some good work with characters, but the plot went off the rails out the gate as did their attempt to make you think choices mattered.

>soulful rpg
vs
>soulless "we want the CoD and GoW audience" cash grab
kinda obvious

>2
>better soundtrack
Jesus. We can argue about other aspects, but soundtrack, are you serious? 2 has only one memorable track. One. And you know which one I'm talking about. Meanwhile, practically every track from 1 is distinct and memorable.

ME1 is just so fucking comfy bros

Mass Effect 1
The story and world building just dabs on Mass Effect 2 so hard. The open ended levels make the game feel like you're actually traversing through a planet instead of going from one restrictive shooting gallery to the other.
If Bloodborne is a great example of how to do streamlining well then Mass Effect 2 is the worst example.

at this point you should pick Vanquish if all you car about is a third person shooter with shit story

>muh subjectivity
Found the social studies student

1 for story, characters, music and setting. 2 for combat.

to be fair that one track is amazing
youtube.com/watch?v=eb6_J1dq1hk

But then 1 hits you with stuff like
youtube.com/watch?v=IitCQCaKi3E
and
youtube.com/watch?v=WhrbK254yRE
and
youtube.com/watch?v=z45Ip08pok4
and other songs i'll let other anons link

even on replay i'd still pick 1 cause more build variety and actual roleplay choices

end of mass effect 1
>we need to find a way to stop the reapers

end of mass effect 2
>we still need to find a way to stop the reapers

mass effect 3
>we found a way to stop the reapers off screen, now go shoot something till we finish building it off screen even if we don't know what it is

>Btw Renegade is more fun to play.
i just wish it was a bit more consistent in what it actually means, cause it goes from "ruthlessly pragmatic" to "petty evil bad guy"

Mass Effect 1. ME2 feels more like a shooter while as ME1 feels like an RPG. Everyone seems to hate the empty side mission planets, but I kinda like them. I'm not expecting some distant smuggler moon being a living breathing civilization so it made perfect sense that most of the planets were just rocks with one building and maybe some alien cows. ME1 felt like The Witcher, but in space.

1 is Babylon 5 the video game, it's great

2 is Bioware chasing after mainstream bro gamers, it's fun but a lot more shallow

Problem with ME1 was there were only 3 types of buildings for you to explore; above ground facility, under ground facility and small spaceship.It's the most repetitive shit ever and on higher difficulties game becomes a slog, the most bulletspongy enemies you'll ever see.Simply put, not fun.

The gameplay of both sucks dick in their own special ways but at least the writing in 1 isn't complete dogshit.

2 has better combat but I have to go with 1 still.

1 has bad combat, but 2 doesn't have particularly good combat, and sacrifices everything to raise it to the grand heights of "mediocre".

So 1. Especially some mythical version of 1 that has fun maps for the Mako and gets rid of the moral system entirely for more traditional dialogue trees.

Story: 1
Combat: 2
Characters: 1

#2 is better overall. Gameplay flows more smoothly, the shooting feels better, and while it does come at the expense of powers taking a second seat, this is made up for by how party members really feel far more distinct in how they play. I will concede however, that it suffers a little from the vogue of third-person cover-based shooter brand that emerged in the wake of Gears of War.

#1 has more RPG elements, but I've never really felt that they were very competently executed. It may be more open but it doesn't feel like there's much to do with that openness. The APC sections don't really add that much to the game, either. Also, the balancing was horrible, and equips were really bland, coming down to minor changes in specs between different armor sets and weapons. That said, I would have appreciated some more actual armour customization for both Shepard and his/her squad.

#2 admittedly has a few plot holes where continuity with the first is concerned, but the whole "putting together a team of outlaws and mercenaries" works remarkably well, and pays off in the end. I also liked where #2 was leading up to; shame that they didn't follow through with it in #3.

#1 presents the setting very well, but storywise, there's something about #1 that seems kind of bland until near the final missions. I also feel like it didn't quite develop most party members well as #2, although #2 did weird things to returning non-party members.

Both are kind of tedious when it comes to exploration, though.

#1 was literally promoted as "choices matter" and didn't quite follow through with it either.

>#1 was literally promoted as "choices matter"
Not really, it was promoted as a big Sci-fi RPG than spans the galaxy

1 easily. 2 was more of an action game than RPG.

ME1's marketing was bizarre.

youtube.com/watch?v=-_6ZMr2bMco
Promoted as a hardcore action game with sacrifice mechanics.

Well it was originally a 360 exclusive so they needed to appeal to bro gamers

Combat is much better in 2. 1 wins in pretty much every other apartment aside from graphics. There are probably other small things here and there that 2 does better, bur 1 feels special

2 was more well rounded and an overall more enjoyable experience
1 had the better storyline but going back, was clunky as fuck

holy shit, this trailer is too much

>buzzword
>no argument
damn dude you sure showed him

>1 easily. 2 was more of an action game than RPG.

Does that make it bad? #2 was more competent at being an action game than #1 was at being an RPG. Balance was horrible in #1. Weapons and armour all felt kind of samey and only really differentiated by tier and expense.

You don't remember the commercial?

#1 tried for a more ambitious scale, but didn't quite fully flesh that out and suffers from a lot of unevenness. #2 offers a tighter experience overall and for what it's worth, is more even in its delivery of it.

2 is a better game, period. 1 may have a better story but the writing and interaction with characters is significantly superior in 2.

Mass Effect Trilogy is my favorite gaming experience ever (yes, including 3)

I've played though them like 15 times now

Jesus christ they literally spoiled the full virmire mission.

1 had better world building and environments while 2 had better gameplay and character interaction. For me it’s 2 but 1 is still a good game

Attached: 1280937572431.jpg (1318x882, 255.37K)

Not that it was not without its faults, or that it didn't strip down a lot of the elements of 1, but the expanded world of ME2 is what made me fall in love with the setting.

That being said, though I think ME2 had the right idea, in terms of keep stakes lower and wider than ME1 and ME3, doesn't mean that I wouldn't want a better story. Also, I understand that planet exploration is gone, because it isn't a feasible mechanic and I also understand that heatsink weapons are also gone forever, substituted by the thermal clips, but Bioware has to give something back.

i only see ME1.

>Characters: 1
Really?

Attached: Liara_ass_expansion_1080.webm (1280x720, 1.64M)

holy based

I need a face full of that ass.

Attached: 1384542117672.jpg (1680x1050, 305.56K)

Overlord? Shadow broker? Saren and Sovereign are shit and Vigil is only good for nostalgia.

Why are her calves see-through.

Sure, it's the best out of them anyway.

Gotta say, I was too caught up in the ass to notice, user. Probably, some problem with the rigging, that the legs from the knee down wouldn't be attached to the rest of the body.

Anyone who picks 2 or 3 should be sent to fucking jail. Taste so bad should be illegal.

1 is objectively better but i had more fun with 2

I am with you about 3. But why 2?

2 is objectively more polished and has better production values, than 1.

maybe the easiest choice ive ever made. ME1.

ME1 has soul, ME2 is a standard shooter, characters are shit except for singing dude.
youtube.com/watch?v=99JwvdoE4ZI
Even with the retarded mountains and copy pasted rooms, planet exploration in the mako was fun. ME2 lost the sweeping space opera feel, the space station was a poor replacement for the citadel. The weapon upgrades were a big improvement, as was the simplified skill tree. Whoever came up with the thermal clips and planet scanning needs to be punched in the head. Getting rid of Gayden and Assley was a plus, Miranda and niggerman were boring, Jack was cringe. Luv Garrus, simple as.

@@505978492
Not even a you

1 all day.Its more enjoyable for a casual playthrough as well. Need I remind you dumb shits about planet scanning

I think 2 is technically better but it left a worse taste in my mouth after 1. They should have stuck with that style of gameplay instead of making it a cover shooter

You guys should play Andromeda, then.

1 for the late night sci fi with ambient soundtrack vice. 2 is generic shooty mcshooter that's ten a penny.

Yes Andromeda actually is more fun to play than ME2 but everything else sucks

2, mostly because it has Jack.

Attached: 1586098969007.jpg (1105x1025, 937.21K)

I love andromeda’s MP. it’s really good

Attached: 1385663770509.jpg (1920x1080, 356.56K)

Also because 2 is renegade heaven

Well, there you go. You got what you wanted.

I pick neither, because its Bioware garbage.

You're saying ME2 has a better story than 1. So you're a retard

Attached: 1587591255893.gif (320x180, 1.87M)

Well for one they turned it into a chest height wall cover shooter, Gears of Mass Effect, that takes place exclusively in corridors. They just butchered the RPG aspects. The story becomes a parody with the council just handwaving the reapers away, Shepard dying and getting resurrected for no reason, no main plot developments taking place whatsoever - you just get a new crew and sort out their emotional baggage like Dr. Phil, and you also get this brand new middleman antagonist race out of nowhere. The first always had an air of mystery and this cool Babylon 5-esque atmosphere that the second game completely changes up and takes in a more generic action movie direction. That anime space ninja faggot. The Mako exploration wasn't good but that probe shit is far worse. It feels like a reboot more than a sequel and it just kills everything good about the first game.

I never said that. If you can find where I said that, I will accept it.

The council would step in if the Geth attacked a Turian colony, we demand action!

Attached: 0FAEB458-5E07-45F3-8747-B20668B8490D.gif (500x281, 963.85K)

Then you're saying nothing. My retard statement applies twofold if you think 2 has better gameplay

>Well for one they turned it into a chest height wall cover shooter, Gears of Mass Effect, that takes place exclusively in corridors
I could say the same for ME1.

>They just butchered the RPG aspects
Define which ones, please.

>The story becomes a parody with the council just handwaving the reapers away
As did ME1.

>Shepard dying and getting resurrected for no reason
The game sort of explains why and how that happened, but nobody accepts it, because nobody beats you on the head with it.

>no main plot developments taking place whatsoever
Yes, there is, but again, because it doesn't beat you over the head with it, you're not going to accept it.

>you just get a new crew and sort out their emotional baggage like Dr. Phil
Learning about your squadmates and helping them with their problems is a great way to develop some attachment. Which is a great way to understand a lot of their motives and character traits. But let's slot that down as a negative.

>and you also get this brand new middleman antagonist race out of nowhere
It's not like we had any clues before them. Clearly something would need to be done, to give the game a premise.

>The first always had an air of mystery and this cool Babylon 5-esque atmosphere that the second game completely changes up and takes in a more generic action movie direction
What makes you say that? More action than ME1? Remember the Thorian fights with the geth and the husks? Virmire? The Rachni in peak 13, or what was it. It's just as much of an action movie as 1.

>That anime space ninja faggot
OK, so now we're pilling up ME3's faults in 2 ... check!

>The Mako exploration wasn't good but that probe shit is far worse
The Mako exploration, to the degree it was used in ME1 is never coming back. It is non viable.

>It feels like a reboot more than a sequel and it just kills everything good about the first game.
So far you've yet to establish that, in any way other than there is no mako planetary exploration.

And now you're just being contrarian for the sake of it.

Why is picking so hard?

Attached: Mass Effect 1 Class.png (1920x1080, 796.98K)

ME2

>Soldier
>Sheploo
>Spacer
>Sole Survivor

1, but replace the two human team members with legion and mordrin.

VANGUARD ONLY BABY

why pick when you can do it all as a chad sentinel with assault rifle bonus talent and equip any armor glitch? the fact you get access to the best healing in the game is just icing on the cake.

yeah I pick one (1)

I always liked the rivalry with the Turians. It felt genuine and the political bitterness towards the Humans was a fear that the Turians could end up losing their spot as the military super power of the galaxy.

2, the only thing that sucks is the streamlining and the end boss.

Think about it logically, choosing Tali as your romance is the most chad thing imaginable. You supplant her father, groom her from jailbait into your cocksleeve as she can’t survive sex with another after you, and she is willing to die for you after you give her a planet. Think about it logically.

Attached: 7044E617-2750-4CF1-B27C-FD10CB791749.jpg (1024x641, 28.14K)

>jailbait
She's 23 in 1

>OK, so now we're pilling up ME3's faults in 2 ... check!
This is the only valid point you make. Everything else is just fucking embarrassing and I'm not enough of a pathetic autist to sit here and spend my free time deconstructing someone else's terrible post point by point.

Well, what about Shepard? He grew up in the colonies.

Not user, but anyway:
>I could say the same for ME1
The issue is going from run and gun to cover shooter
>Define which ones, please
Skill tree was simplified, amor and weapon ugrades massively reduced (it was shit in ME1, but they cut back too far)
>As did ME1.
ME1 Reapers were literally unknown or a legend, the renegade Spectre was shit talking you to the council so you were untrusted. ME2 a giant space squid yeeted an entire fleet and killed thousands right in the middle of the citadel but everyone pretends it never happened. Even if they believe it was only the Geth, they would proactively be preparing for a future attack.
>no main plot developments taking place whatsoever
ME1 you investigated major locations and uncovered the story, ME2 is "assemble the team" with a couple of Harbinger missions in betwee. Dead Reaper was kino though.
>you just get a new crew and sort out their emotional baggage
Conversation and backstory was optional in ME1, ME2 you have to do it to unlock upgrades for those characters, it feels forced.
>and you also get this brand new middleman antagonist race out of nowhere
Don't remember apart from insect people?
>More action than ME1? Remember the Thorian fights with the geth and the husks? Virmire? The Rachni in peak 13, or what was it. It's just as much of an action movie as 1.
The FOCUS was not the action. You had the Citadel, diplomacy, council etc., ME2 is crime boss in a nightclub lmao.
>Mako exploration, to the degree it was used in ME1 is never coming back. It is non viable.
Literally every motherfucker has been calling for the return of the Mako, albeit in an improved version. You can tell the probe was a last minute panic idea because they realised there was no fucking exploration in a game about exploration.
>So far you've yet to establish that, in any way other than there is no mako planetary exploration.
Total crew replacement except for Garrus

Then don't make an argument you have no intention of backing up. If your argument can be deconstructed, maybe it didn't hold up that well in the first place. Maybe you just wanted to see if someone took your bait, when in fact you're just being contrarian for the sake of seeing people's reactions, because you're bored.

First one. Come on, now.

>The issue is going from run and gun to cover shooter
There is very cover shooter action in ME1. Especially when walking into a room full of enemies, or rooms that spawn enemies, as soon as you enter them. There are sections without cover in ME2 as well as ME1. The gameplay is hardly any different.

>Skill tree was simplified, amor and weapon ugrades massively reduced (it was shit in ME1, but they cut back too far)
I agree that I would like more options, but also more meaningful options. I would take ME1's skill system overall, over ME3's as well. I would also like an armour and weapon equipment system whose interface was more friendly. Storefronts in ME1 where a chore to go through. The inability to preview the looks of armours also made them all blend together in ME1. I would rather something that allowed me to see what I was doing better, instead of removing it entirely.

>ME1 Reapers were literally unknown or a legend
We talked to the Council about the Reapers since the Prothean beacon on Eden Prime, we had many clues as to their existence and up until the very end denied Sovereign. But the reasons aren't as straightforward, for why they deny it in 2.

>ME1 you investigated major locations and uncovered the story, ME2 is "assemble the team" with a couple of Harbinger missions in betwee. Dead Reaper was kino though.
It's not like ME1 left us with clues as to where to go or what to do to find the next Reaper clue. We had literally no leads to move forward, other than a dead Reaper on Tayseri.

>Conversation and backstory was optional in ME1, ME2 you have to do it to unlock upgrades for those characters, it feels forced
It was more of a gameplay mechanic. You undo their mental blocks, as exhibited by the unlocking of their ultimate skills and help them get stronger. Mental block is a real thing. I can testify to that.
>cont

The Chad adept. Lift+throw baby

ME2
Reapers were always shit, the Mako and planet """exploration""" was always shit, ME1 combat was always shit, ME1 squadmates were boring aside from Wrex and every single squadmate is better in the sequels
The only things ME1 has over 2 are worldbuilding and Saren

>don't make an argument unless you're prepared to point out over and over again just how utterly stupid I am over the next two hours
Yeah, nah.

>cont.

>Don't remember apart from insect people?
I ... I don't understand the argument?

>The FOCUS was not the action. You had the Citadel, diplomacy, council etc., ME2 is crime boss in a nightclub lmao.
I disagree. If this where a Star Wars game and we visited Nal Hutta to deal with the Hutts or some other planet that dealt with the Syndicate, would you have a problem because we're not dealing with the Jedi Council or the Senate? It definitely isn't done to the extent you would like, or I would like for that matter, but I don't dislike the idea. As I don't dislike the idea of exploring Andromeda, only the subpar execution. I would have liked a deeper look into Omega's underground, but perhaps there wasn't the time or didn't fit the scope of the game. I think we can both agree that, if ME2 took more development time to flesh out more things it didn't have time to do, it would have been better. No argument there.

>Literally every motherfucker has been calling for the return of the Mako, albeit in an improved version. You can tell the probe was a last minute panic idea because they realised there was no fucking exploration in a game about exploration
There was going to be, in the form of the Hammerhead, but it wasn't ready on time for release and what was salvaged of it, became the Hammerhead DLC. The work required to recreate an explorable galaxy, better than ME1, was beyond the development capabilities of the studio at the time and even a procedural generated algorithm, that took 5 years to develop for Andromeda, failed to make anything better than ME1. In fact, it turned out results so bad, that it would be better to go and make a new batch of planets by hand, than go back and tweak the ones the algorithm shat out. Unless Bioware hires some genius in generating algorithms for this type of stuff, it's not happening.
>cont.

Truly
youtube.com/watch?v=bX85F85Lg0c

>cont.
>Total crew replacement except for Garrus
And Tali. Honestly, I would have liked the entire crew, surviving crew, to return for ME2. Especially since
>choices matter
>same player character
I would like to see Bioware not cutting corners and relegating the VS to a simple cameo, as well. Ultimately, the ME2 crew was received very well, by myself included, more so than the ME1 crew, even, by wide admission. And you can disagree with it, but I'd argue that it is, effectively, the ME2 crew, as portrayed in this game, including the ME1 returning members, that exploded the game's popularity so much, to sell 3 times the copies of ME1 on release, in the middle of the economic recession, in 2010. And while sales don't matter, critic reviews don't matter and user reviews don't matter, what ME2 accomplished through its characters, is nothing short of phenomenal for the franchise.

Attached: JLaw thumbs up.gif (244x284, 769.4K)

ME2.

>hasn’t completed pilgrimage
>adult
Okay retard

ME2 by far had the best cast in the series. Even returning characters (Garrus and Tali) were far more fleshed out in ME2.

"Can we use this in the fight aGAINst Saren?"

i dont have it in me to do the whole list right now but i can do a couple.
>thermal clips
>planet scanning
>space therapist
>side quest
>daddy issues
>no wrex
>no liara
>virmire survivor is a dick
>denying the reapers existence
>no set up for the final act
>no mako
>global cooldowns
ME2 niggers will defend all of this and more, while shitting on the first game which is the only reason their gay waifu simulator exists in the first place. they never liked Mass Effect and never will. they just want to post Tali hips over and over again, while claiming every character save Garrus having pointless emotional baggage is somehow deep or interesting. talking to them is as worthless as Jack or Thane existing.

Attached: 8AF84BF1-B7B5-4120-8813-A2BFE1BDF9B4.jpg (700x1000, 95.17K)

>space therapist

Attached: 1585873657545.jpg (2560x1440, 333.62K)

ME2 cant even take itself seriously and has to imply your crew fucks space dogs for crude humor. ill add it to the list for next time, thanks for the reminder Mordin. had to be you, someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Attached: Miranda_seminude0000-0200.webm (1920x1080, 617.44K)

Attached: Miranda Dance Clothed.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

2, easily
1 gets nostalgia-goggled to all fuck, 2 was a unilateral improvement

SHE DIDNT FLY SO GOOD

2>3>1

ashley and wrex and soldier shepard can do that too

2=1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Andromeda

So I played ME1 recently for the first time and it was mediocre, definitely not worth the hype around it. Is ME2 any better? I actually palyed ME2 for around 6 hours already but for some reason my save disappeared.

This series isn't for you.

You can give it a try. It's not that big that bandwidth or space are an issue. Unless it requires you buying the game, but you can get it for pretty dirt cheap.

Have you done your humanity first run yet Zig Forums?

Fuck aliens.

Attached: 1587313507763.jpg (1920x2160, 1.97M)

ME2 doesn't feel nearly as dated and due to its story being self-contained (which was its main detriment on release) it has retroactively become better than ME1 since ME's main story became unsalvageable after 3's release.

1 would be slightly better if the story meant anything, but it doesn't. May as well just enjoy the universe, which ME2 fleshed out the most.

playing the games for the first time as a teenager on xbox360 I would have picked ME2, as an adult however, I found myself enjoying ME 1 more

>Characters: 1
Everyone in 1 is a fucking brick except for maybe Ashley. 2 is responsible for giving Tali and Garrus the character traits everyone now loves them for.
I legitimately don't remember Tali ever saying anything in Mass Effect 1 that isn't some variation of "muh people"

Attached: ugh.jpg (250x241, 6.87K)

>generic ost filler
that's not Lo-Fi Epic you fucking moron
m.youtube.com/watch?v=fjDt3N9H210

Just read the codex. 1 is a boring af except for the 4 main missions which are still hampered by shitty gameplay. On easy everything dies fast af but normal to insanity it becomes a bulletsponge cover shooter.

2 is an excellent spin-off game, while 1 is a much more proper RPG.

3. The multiplayer alone trumps all.

>multiplayer

This. Only trannies care about muh singleplayer story. 3's multiplayer was fun as fuck

Seems like someone didn't play it and just likes to parrot other people's opinions that he doesn't understand.

2 did character interactions things better but without 1 doing most of the heavy lifting in regards to story, atmosphere etc. it wouldn't matter nearly as much. So OG ME it is.

I don't care about the MP and it's the reason why we got Anthem. So no, it, alongside you, can go fuck itself.

Would you say that about Baldur's Gate 2?

ME2 had great tracks like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZJb3i4cdHtk

there was a version that plays during Samara's loyalty mission where you're in the Afterlife VIP area that kicks in at 1:16 which was kino club music

ME2
I know people love to meme about it cutting off on on the RPG elements, but I felt like that nothing essential was left out. I hated changing around the equipment when the max level assault rifle was the same as the low one.

I am also a sucker for the quicktime decisions ME2 lets you make. I also find that it has more fun characters. Only guy I miss is Wrex.

So you admit to not knowing what you're talking about lmao.
Try to formulate your own opinion for once. Anthem and 3s MP have 0 things in common.

Attached: 1585153066859.jpg (1024x576, 127.81K)

Question: If I didn't punch the reporter in ME1 on accident, but got the renegade replies, and I punch her in ME2, is ME3 going to change compared to punching her all the times?

This, I loved Tali but she wasn't interesting till 2. She was on par with Kaidan.

Nothing changes

Not the guy you replied to, imo not really. ME created its own universe so they were creating it slowly and just dumping information in the first game. For BG it uses an existing setting and there isn't any info dump, they expected people to know everything about the setting from the first game

I think she only becomes a WA if you don't punch her at all.

Wrex is in Tuchanka in place of Wrex 2.0 if you didn't kill him

Thinking about it logically, there's no reason to save the Council in 1. Sacrificing many human ships just to save people who are easily replaceable (and weren't even good in the first place) is just a waste of lives. You'll need those lives and ships in the future, whereas the new Councilors might be more receptive to you.
Also there was no reason to let the Rachni Queen live unless at that point you believed the universe was fucked anyway so may as well just take every conceivable risk anyway since it's already 1 in 1000 odds.

what a fag