Assassin's Creed: World of Vikingcraft

It's been two years since the last AC, are you hyped for this one?

Attached: ACV_screen_Announce_Customization_-Male-Eivor_200430_5pm_CET_Paris-Time.jpg (2560x1440, 880.82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

medievalists.net/2014/07/ten-medieval-warrior-women/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eivor
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granada_War
youtube.com/watch?v=5HGHdWKhlCQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bearded_axe
youtube.com/watch?v=DuwHsaQU2Bg
isof.se/sprak/namn/personnamn/dagens-namn-i-almanackan/kalender/namnsdagar/namnkalender/2013-11-04-eivor-ejvor.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Will be fun like the last 2 but nothing spectacular.

No it will be the same ubishit openworld as always

Since Eziokino is back on the menu, yes.

Attached: he's back bros.jpg (1544x1498, 690.13K)

what the fuck? why does he look so much worse than for honor vikings?

Did vikings use flails?

>16th century plate armor
lmao

>assassin
>big ass warrior

i'll get it once it becomes featured in a humble bundle.

no wtf i would be ? it's just another reskin of the last game. only people excited for this are literal retards from Zig Forums that thinks vikings are super chad and "aryan" and that's enough for them to be hyped

This looks retarded

Looks silly and I never cared about fake historical games that are ass creed.

>only people excited for this are literal retards from Zig Forums that thinks vikings are super chad and "aryan" and that's enough for them to be hyped
Your comment was good up until you went full autist on it

>team that made black flag and origins is making this one

FUCK YES i am

>Caring about assassin's creed after Ezio

Will the new Assassin's Creed game include pic related?

I sure hope a diverse and progressive company like Ubisoft does, it would be unfair to undermine true European pagan culture by omitting such a vibrant cultural practice.

Surely Vikings wont act according to modern Christian conceptions of virtue as opposed to their historical value system in order to vilify Christians as evil and intolerant while painting pagans in a good light.

Attached: 1556548647308.png (1917x769, 427.88K)

Unless it was a farm tool, no. They weren't used in combat til a few hundred years later

as if ubisoft gave a shit to historical accuracy after the ezio games

and?

im almost 100% sure that they didnt. They were very primitive compared to the rest of europe. They used swords, axes, bows, spears and MAYBE hammers

Attached: 1585045687298.jpg (480x480, 35.08K)

Attached: e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg (800x450, 27.85K)

honestly im such a huge faggot for any game with decent combat and good character customization so i probably will buy this once it goes on sale

see i KNEW it was ezio
>hurr durr no its not 400 years hurr durr
its most certainly a glitch / future thing

Yes. Can't wait to dual wield shields

Attached: 1588329022691.jpg (904x1440, 408.88K)

>Anything Ubishit
>Hyped
What's wrong with your brain?

Attached: 1579388041873.jpg (293x233, 17.03K)

Literally just a fapfic from a perverted Arab who was dumb enough to talk about how filthy they were when they had a reputation for grooming and cleaning themselves obsessively like women.
In other words, fake news.

As Schreier said, the gameplay reveal will be next week on xbox event

Attached: sexbox.png (650x500, 295.97K)

Viking/North has become absolute reddit.

fantasy garbage. I thought ac was supposed to be mostly historical?

Nah, blunt weapons were pretty pointless in the dark age meta because so few people had armor.

>noooo not muh vikingrinos
>we wuz aryans and shit

user vikings were clean compared to Saxons, but they used a communal water basin to wash before meals, while Iraqis insisted on having water poured on their hands.

If that's Ezio or even Altair, then there has to be sopme time travel mumbo jumbo

>stone buildings fucking everywhere in 9th century England

Yeah, no.

Attached: ACV_screen_Announce_Raid-at-Night_Male-Eivor_200430_5pm_CET_Paris-Time.jpg (2560x1440, 500.18K)

I'll buy this game only because of the flail. I buy every game where you can wield a flail. I even started playing paladin in WoW because of a flail artifact.

>female vikings
No.

>Look at how evil this Saxon king is for thinking that he should kill this invading armed force that is pillaging his country
>Look at how civil are these Vikangs! When they pillage other countries they totally leave young beautiful women alone and not rape the living shit out them as spoils of war
Yea sure my hype is off the charts

>elder futhark
I don't get it.
Even a casual wikipedia search would tell you that's not the runes that were used in the viking period.
Casuals aren't gonna be able to tell the difference, so it can't be because it's what casuals expect.
And yet, without fail, they put in the elder futhark instead of the younger futhark.

Attached: TV Tropes Creed.png (888x96, 14.49K)

mfw no shield in fucking greece

also the combat and movement felt nutered compared to origins

after AC 3 shit went downhill fast user
>old gods
>ogres n shit
the whole story line with like ancient alien human like things was put aside quickly

ummm... no?

prove me wrong. i saw threads about this game, they constantly devolve to "omg guys vikings are so cool, and fuck libtards"

King Aelfred is absolutetly right in the trailer. Vikangs were godless murderous destructive barbarians and they deserved to be murdered and pacified which they eventually did get. "Close minded bigotry" Absolute kek, but what to expect from Ubishit

Their interview press release thing specifically said that Alfred won't be the villain, and that the Vikings wont all be the good guys.

I haven't been excited for an asscreed game since I got 3 and that turned me off the series entirely. And this got all the signs of just being another ubisoft sandbox grindathon, with a token effort story in it. Admittedly I like the norse mythology stuff and viking inspired designs are always cool, but it does not fit the Assassin's Creed's tone or style. Had this not been a Asscreed game, I might have been more interested in it.

>Time travel / Memory bullshit involving Ezio recruiting descendants / ascendants across history.
That'd be wild and just the kind of nonsensical bullshit they'd try to pull with the story.
Wonder if they'd try to bring Desmond back somehow, considering people tend to want that.

Pretty sure it's to highlight that whole 'it's not black and white' theme they mentioned in one of the interviews.
The king isn't going to be a moustache twirling villain, the Vikings aren't going to be saints.
Whether they'll stick to or even deliever that is up in the air although im not holding my breath.

>That'd be wild and just the kind of nonsensical bullshit they'd try to pull with the story.
at least theyd have some kind of story again

theres gonna be dismemebremt

fucking FINALLY

Are you implying that a big ass warrior can't assassinate someone?

Attached: mlcydmplkap41.jpg (1280x720, 65.87K)

Cope

Attached: 800px-Birka,_Sweden_Viking_grave_Bj_581_by_Hjalmar_Stolpe_in_1889.jpg (800x1302, 373.65K)

it's gonna be something like that

thor's hammer is obviously a piece of eden, as are the source of Odin's powers

and Isu has a temple with time portals

is that the female protagonist?

Everything they've said so far seems like an improvement over Odyssey, but we won't really know until we see some gameplay. I'm hoping that the map is a little smaller and the game isn't 60 hours long. The settlement building stuff sounds interesting, so I'm hoping that isn't too shallow.

>historically accurate
hmmmmmmm

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 224.75K)

when will they stop pushing this assassin bullshit and make plain viking/greek/pirate open world games?

Why does it feel like the models were ripped from for honor?

>flails
>helmet
>gayass armour
>shitty looking hammer
Why do they always overdesign the fuck out of this? Looks like absolute shite.

Why do people do this. It was never funny

What the fuck is this delusion? That's obviously supposed to be Odin.

bro assassins creed 1 is about the apple of eden and magic

women warriors are not a thing and never were, that grave proves nothing

More viking shit. To the trash it goes.

medievalists.net/2014/07/ten-medieval-warrior-women/
History says no.

I'd rather play an Anglo-Saxon/Viking assassin trying to sabotage the Danish conquest on KIng Alfred's orders.

>More viking shit
Name one viking game in the past 10 years.

Yeah, both Origins and Odyssey were fun to fuck around in.
Just ignore all the woke stuff and you can have some fun.

>more viking trash
what dimension are you from where there's so much viking media you're tired of it? because I'd like to visit.

>sensibly colonising
Lmao

Attached: Jotun.png (700x394, 319.74K)

>Odin was an old Italian dude
k-kino?

>AC
>Mostly historical
Nigga it had magical artifacts and aliens since AC1.

You'll end up becoming friends with Alfred and be the catalyst for the Peace of Wedmore in 878 that created 21 years of peace between Alfred's Wessex and the Danelaw.

There's been a few but none of them were really good.

Ezio went for apples and died on a bench

Look up Viking games and you’ll see about 50 different titles in the past 3 years. And that’s excluding television and film.

Maybe if they made media about vikings instead of media about "VIKINGZZZ", I'd be interested.

Attached: vikings.png (1152x864, 905.24K)

>supporting this

Attached: 1588266405145.jpg (618x849, 183.36K)

I'll be mildly amused if they try to work in Saxo's version where Odin was a mortal wizard from Byzantium by having it be a time-traveling Ezio.

>Historically accurate
You realize they're talking about clothing and culture, right? Not secret world lore.

Skyrim, for honour, the banner saga, GoW 4, Witcher’s skellige parts, etc...

I will buy it because AC is my guilty pleasure.
I'm ashamed I like the game's setting so much.

Dunno if I'm hyped, we will see what they learned from their Breakpoint debacle.
If they tone down the lootbox bullshit which they wont it could be a great game

>no nigger vikings and no muscly female warriors in the trailer

I am cautiously waiting for more information and actual gameplay footage.
The last AC I cared about was Black Flag, but just because it was a good pirate game, with fun ship combat, did not care much for the AC part. I never played subsequent games, because the gameplay looked like the usual boring Ubisoft crud.
This I only care about, because we do not have many viking games and I do like nord culture and myths. I hope they do not inject to much progressive horseshit in it.

This is bullshiy neither Isabella of Castile nor Matilda were actually warriors and the rest are just women who took up arms to defend a city ot something like that they were not actually warriors

Yes, but those were still explained within the context of the game's Templars vs Assassins and ancient Precursor stuff.

There's a lot of minor anachronisms and goofy/magical stuff in the series, and the SJW whitewashing stuff, but the base setting of every game has been pretty good. If you played AC2 and went to Northern Italy after you could actually recognize stuff. Even Origins gives a nice portrayal of Alexandria and Odyssey of Athens.

But what we're seeing in Valhalla aren't vikings, saxons, or 9th century England.

Attached: authenticity.png (1998x1020, 2.83M)

Absolutely not. Flails were never commonly used in any period, a mace/morning star was always a better option. Flails were a meme.
90% of early medieval combat in northern Europe was shield-wall based so you'd use a spear and short sword/seax. Richfags would have had a longer sword (mainly to flex on poorfags) but still mainly used a spear. Really poverty peasants might have used an adze, mattock or billhook.
Towards the end of the 10th century weapons got a bit more diverse and long hafted axes became more common in order to break through shield walls but these were the exception.

>ten warrior women throughout history
>HA, THAT'LL LEARN HIM

If anything you've proven his point.

>Here's your assassin bro

>one example
Same shit with how one account by an arab says women had the right to divorce, which is strange compared to his own culture, and the sagas mention they had some political leverage and suddenly they're "important to society" as if its the modern age.

This image is kind of retarded because the left would be extremely boring to climb in an AC game. There's no reason to go for historical accuracy for every single element if it comes at the cost of gameplay.

Attached: 1504992832485.jpg (276x440, 12.83K)

not really, vikang setting is boring and overused.

ac1 mcguffin was literally a magic artifact
ac only ever used history as a setting piece to slot in whatever they feel like.
2 added a tank because they thought it would be

>have you heard of the land of the high elves?

There were plenty stone buildings, mainly ecclesiastical but many manors were at least partially stone by the 9th century. However, that building looks more 15th century if anything and the kite shields are 12th century so I'm not defending them.

>If they tone down the lootbox bullshit
what I mean with this is that ADHD ridden people that can't wait for cosmetics and such can buy them but there is nothing that doesn't unlock in the game with normal gameplay or is hidden behind a paywall

this period WILL be boring to climb on shit, though. even londinium is not some sprawling metropolis at this point.

>axe
Not at all, spears were the most common by an order of magnitude

Tolkienesque fantasy, Norse mythology, and Hollywood horned helmet vikings fighting game with knights and samurai.

None are viking games, none are in the historical setting, none have sailing/raiding.
There's only one single viking game I know of and it's the Old Gods DLC for CK2.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 180.52K)

the original ninjas were just a bunch of dirty ass peasants that attacked nobles at night in loud ass raids/
most modern day assassins just straight walk near their target and shoot them.
as long as the viking trys to assassinate someone its fine to call them an assassin.
aka attempt to kill a specific person, stealth is optional

They started faking height in AC3 by making buildings way taller than they actually were. The openly admitted that to make it more fun to climb around.

lel

Viking setting is great though, if only it wasn't a generic fantasy.
Vikings have a long history and influenced a lot of european civilizations, in fact, the period AC is going to cover is extemely important in English history because it culminates with the Danelaw which left its mark forever in English culture, even now we use some words from Norse origin thanks to the mix between saxon and viking blood.

Then they shouldn't have picked the setting to begin with.

All the games are currently on sale on Steam
based. I'm glad the writers for Black Flag and Kinovations are back for this game.

Attached: Screenshot_2020-05-01 bh2oj3ra1zv41 png (WEBP Image, 1368 × 1115 pixels) - Scaled (86%).jpg (1185x966, 220.4K)

Wtf are they peaking these periods in history? It makes no sense. Move up a couple centuries. I mean goddamn.

But user, THIS is a Norse mythology and HBO vikings open world game

>Wtf are they peaking these periods in history?
By what's cool. I imagine they choose the American Revolutionary War for AC3 because they banked on US heavily buying the game for patriotic reasons, even though it was a poor choice from how the games worked up to that point.

Don't bother. Idiots think assassin means some super elite stealth master instead of just a dude that gets payed to kill a specific person.

Yeah yeah, that's great. When are they revealing the female MC?

Attached: busting makes me feel good.jpg (720x864, 157.39K)

About to play Odyssey for the first time, how much does the story vary between male and female protag? I assume gameplay is largely similar.

If the replies are spoiler free I'll post more ass

Attached: 1133.jpg (898x1080, 139.72K)

They actually do look like Anglo-Saxon style church towers, but having 4 of them right next to eachother is ridiculous. Churches were the only stuff made of stone aside from repurposed and repaired Roman castra.

Attached: 1588273170315.jpg (2451x3633, 1.19M)

Yeah but super stealthy Assassins make for modem interesting gameplay (or could theoretically). Otherwise we just have a generic action game.

Makes no difference. The game feels more fun with Alexios because his silly voice matches the silly dialogue.

Play as Kassandra. She cute.

"And that no one may wonder that this sex laboured at warfare, I will make a brief digression, in order to give a short account of the estate and character of such women. There were once women among the Danes who dressed themselves to look like men, and devoted almost every instant of their lives to the pursuit of war, that they might not suffer their valour to be unstrung or dulled by the infection of luxury. For they abhorred all dainty living, and used to harden their minds and bodies with toil and endurance. They put away all the softness and lightmindedness of women, and inured their womanish spirit to masculine ruthlessness. They sought, moreover, so zealously to be skilled in warfare, that they might have been thought to have unsexed themselves. Those especially, who had either force of character or tall and comely persons, used to enter on this kind of life. These women, therefore (just as if they had forgotten their natural estate, and preferred sternness to soft words), offered war rather than kisses, and would rather taste blood than busses, and went about the business of arms more than that of amours. They devoted those hands to the lance which they should rather have applied to the loom. They assailed men with their spears whom they could have melted with their looks, they thought of death and not of dalliance. Now I will cease to wander, and will go back to my theme." -Gesta Danorum, Saxo Grammaticus,

they already did

Attached: AC-Valhalla-CE-1024x532.jpg (1024x532, 80.33K)

outside of token gender difference in the cutscenes, shouldn't make any difference in story.

This is why they shouldn't pick this setting

It was pretty black and white tho.
You come to pillage and murder natives of a country simply because yours is shit = bad.
You as a native of that country kill these invading armies = good.

I can't believe that I'm defending the eternal Anglos of all groups of people becaues some idiots like to romanticize bunch of murderous barbarians

This looks like a dude in makeup

Jav code?

they're faithful to white women then

i knew they forgoed historical accuracy a long time ago, but jesus fucking christ look at that dude, is this a high fantasy game now?

Most likely gameplay trailer on the 7th.
Eivor is a girl's name so something tells me female was suppsoed to be canon but marketing department came back with market analysis and so they did a male too and put it on the cover.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eivor

The ones they look like are too late for Alfred, they're more 11th century. Earlier Saxon stone churches looked more like the one at Escombe

>is this a high fantasy game now
When wasn't it? Did you miss the ayy lmaos speaking through time to Desmond or had the super special mind control tech?

>SENSIBLY colonising
these niggers can't be for real

Attached: w12341478.jpg (250x242, 27.56K)

Ok gotcha. Thanks
Mille-005

Attached: 1155.jpg (1161x877, 149.94K)

Not very exciting to leap-of-faith off, no?

Attached: 25940551963_94c0db6e2b_b.jpg (1024x683, 367.8K)

>but marketing department came back with market analysis
more like they got ubi got their shit kicked in last year when people went ballistic with the shit they were pulling

We've been jumping from trees since Origins. Gone are the days where we launched ourselves off proper buildings.

seek help

haven't played after rogue. Taking the fantasy/pandering line is insufferable.

There are no evidence to prove this was real and that dosent change the fact that you litrally use a source that claimed Iabella of Castile was a women warrior in an attempt to lie to people
Women warriors are not a thing

Those Greek temples in Origins and Odyssey were pretty big.

Attached: AC-Odyssey-Review-Shot-(133).jpg (1920x1080, 559.4K)

Is she dying from hepatitis?

You people are literally presented with concrete evidence that contradicts your preconceived notions so you just decide "fake news" because confirmation bias.

Warrior Women Existed.
They were not as common as Male Warriors.
They Still Existed.

>that dude on the left of archer
I don't remember when the Anglos adopting the Middle East style chain veil helmet

Fantasy Norway with stave church-looking pagan temples too.

Attached: _UN__News__Assassin___s_Creed_Valhalla_____Become_a_Legendary_Viking_Raider_-_Norway_960x540.jpg (960x540, 149.29K)

>There are no evidence to prove this was real
Aside from the archaeological evidence and the contemporary accounts from the Byzantines, you mean?

>You people are literally presented with concrete evidence that contradicts your preconceived notions so you just decide "fake news" because confirmation bias.
there is litrally no concrete evidence of women warriors , if there is so much evidence why would you say Isabella of Castile was a women warrior why would you list of female warriors be made up of either complete lies or of some women who supposedly fight to defend a city or something like that?

Depressingly copy and pasted everywhere though.

This. The blonde Saxon nigga that looks almost exactly like Aethelwold from The Last Kingdom will probably play a pretender to the throne (bad) and work with a (bad) viking faction. Tbh I think they will rip a lot from TLK.

Is the last kingdom worth a watch?

Where are the Asian Norsewomen?

Attached: 25020456.jpg (1024x750, 128.66K)

>Aside from the archaeological evidence
archeological evidence that show what? that some women had weapons in her grave? tha dosent prove anything and they look at these bones and found the signs of damage which is imposible if they were actuall warriros

Colourful tunics and round shields is a much nicer aesthetic, I hope there is at least a customisation option for it.

origins or odyssey
their both cheap rn

If you told me you can't climb shit anymore in the latest asscreed, I wouldn't even be surprised. I doubt they consider climbing inherent to the series at this point.
It's all RPG lite from here. Witcher 3 sold well, so that's gotta be good game design, right?

I wish they would just pull the trigger and make a full WWI or WWII Naval Warfare game, not part of the AC Franchise. They clearly found that making Naval games works, people love em, and it's tiring that the only alternative to WWI/WWII era Naval Gameplay is fucking World of Warships which sucks ass, more money grubbing than even EA, and is too PvP focused.

It's the Arab guy on the right from this screenshot.
He's going to be a walking Thirteenth Warrior reference, and probably the explanation of why Eivor is an Assassin/Hidden One.

Attached: 1588259122446.jpg (1726x967, 246.86K)

Why are Aussie actors so based? Fimmel was an underwear model and he killed it as Ragnar.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granada_War

By that logic nobody in the viking age was a warrior.
Also you neglected the contemporary accounts from the byzantines.

It's Desmond actually, he and Ezio had the same face model anyway

If I had to play either Odyssey or Origins, which of the two should I bother going through?

>still doing the oversized weapon thing

Fucking stop.

I wish there was a viking game that is akin to Kingdom Come.

Origins.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granada_War
What is this suppose to be?

>We've been jumping from trees since Origins
Since 3

Im pretty sure they said they made up a bunch of large temples just to have larger buildings. Same shit with the fuckhuge statues everywhere

The helmet look nice for fantasy setting, but everything else absolutely sucks major ass

both are ok but would recommend origins more

No we actually have accouns from all over the place that say man fought , we have archelogical evidence of battles , we also know that men fought both after and before the viking age so it is quite clear there were warriors during the viking age , But there is no such thing when it comes to female warriors

Well we had Paris and London between that broke up the monotony of climbing trees and mountains to dive into a puddle lake below

>seething incels triggered by history
>NOOO THE NUMBER ISNT TO MY LIKING NOOO! DOESNT COUNT!!

the series died with desmond. the modern day segments sucked dick and he wasn't the greatest protagonist. this is true
but he did bring everything together, and fuck you when the bleeding effect happened it was kino and revelations modern day when he was with 16 was kino.
the ending of ac1 added more mystery then almost any other game i can think of and made me want to know what happens next.
the girl we have now is lame and the faceless employee/gamer thing is even lamer

Seethe elsewhere please.

>fantasy viking
>Geralt the fantasy gypsy horse thief
>marvel infinity war

Attached: 1587991058371.jpg (1488x715, 52.09K)

Have you played/seen the plot in AC Origins/Odyssey? There's artifacts in Origins that explain how the animus is not like watching a movie or something recorded, it is actually time traveling, but that the host/animus is not powerful/advanced enough to actually make changes or deviate from what already transpired in history

If that is actually Ezio, then I suppose they are going to play with the whole "modifying history" aspect that was hinted in AC Odyssey, but I highly doubt it

Attached: 1586668622659.webm (854x480, 2M)

Is it me or does it look like Valhalla will be a major graphical downgrade from Odyssey, like from Unity to Syndicate?
Isn't this supposed to launch on next-gen as well?

Attached: Assassins-Creed-Valhalla-screenshots-1.jpg (1725x966, 259.8K)

>the last good AC game was pretty much just a game version of Black Flag
>this looks like pretty much just a game version of Vikings

i mean i'll give it a chance because i like Vikings but this is Ubisoft we're talking about so

Attached: 1495224200441.jpg (473x333, 13.63K)

I forgot, misogynists can't read.

I havent seen viking character design this bad in 20 years.

Tell me its some marvel mobile game assets for thor, it can't be real.

Attached: 1559376548124.jpg (390x310, 28.22K)

>that one bleeding effect where Desmond got to see Altair impregnate maria and his pov swapped to his great x100 ancestor now in her womb
hot

This. The right people are involved so if we're lucky it might be just as good as Black Flag.

HAHAH , stfu incel

just cuz he has a beard and dark hood doesnt make him ezio, he doesnt even have the scars

It reminds me of the early Witcher 3 screenshots released that looked better than the game released, which was bear 7 years ago. Same colour grading and grain.

>as good as Black Flag.

I hope not, they should improve upon that piece of trash.

Why even bother slapping the AC brand onto these at this point?
It was a rhetorical question, their games wouldn't have great reception, if they did not sell it under the name of one their franchises.

Why do you want a shorter game?

>Asked to make a point
>Throws a wiki link with a text wall

>llllook it up ffffagget!!

>Following Animus plotline
They retcon and fuck this line so much that it's impossible to keep track.

>kite shields are 12th century
I am just going to go on an irrelevant rant about how kite shields are a pain to hold up, and now I hate them because of it

While barely an "assassin" game it had good characters, gameplay, a fun story and Edward has a decent arc.

Fuck n*rds. Long live Britannia!

Attached: Julius.png (1200x675, 953.02K)

Right is bound to be some fantasy Isu set from Avalon of Arthurian legend.

Attached: Burne-Jones_Last_Sleep_of_Arthur_in_Avalon_v2.jpg (3120x1312, 1.3M)

Why do you want a 100+ hours of shallow side quests, boring grind and collectathon?
I wouldn't mind long games, if there was actually something meaningful to do. Alas, that is not the case in Generic Ubisoft Games.

I didn't care for the game until they showed the Flails.
I love flails, which other games let me use Flails other than Diablo 2/3?

Thats really scraping the bowl. I didn't mind bootleg pirates of the caribean characters and story sure, but 80% of the game was filler, theres only so many times you can have fun by jumping of a ship mast, everything related to assassins creeding dragged the game down. Sidequests were abysmally bad, ship combat was a joke from the moment you start. Somehow the lvl1 boat shoots mini-nukes at a fort designed to defend against ships the first mission. LEVELED FUCKING BOATS.

That game was dissapointment of the year, like a 3d cookie clicker, nothing in it was challenging or engaging, anytime you decided to immerse yourself and have fun, the game slaps you on thje wrist and says "NO! Go collect 10 of thing, do as youre told!".

Sure maybe by AC standarts that acceptable, but objectively as a video game it was a souless corporate slog.

Why is this an Assassin's Creed game

>Why even bother slapping the AC brand onto these at this point
brand recognition and easy plot points

Hellblade Senuas saga

Nigga, that's clearly Luke Skywalker

Attached: luke-in-last-jedi[1].jpg (1300x649, 46.55K)

THINGS I KNOW!

really liked odyssey, mildly hyped for this, will pirate.

You things are fucked up when you'd trust Ubisoft to write a better Luke than the sequel trash we got.

wat

I mean they would eventually calm the fuck down but they were definitely pillaging rapists in the beginning

It's as if you could actually pick a historical setting with climbable things like you were making a game about climbing things in historical settings. Ah, sorry, that sounds silly. Just look at this:
youtube.com/watch?v=5HGHdWKhlCQ
That's not Assassin's Creed. That looks like some weird documentary about fucking medieval cities... who the fuck would play that?
Nah, we all know Alliance Footman gear and hovels of people known for abhoring large structures for as of yet unknown reasons is the way to go.

Different body structure. That Arab guy you just posted are more skinny that the one I mentioned. Also, different outfit.

Why are bullshots still a thing when the last 2 AC games have both had photomodes?

Attached: 20180302231346_1.jpg (2560x1440, 1.09M)

No I think the whole Viking setting has been over done. I also don't like the fact that Vikings don't fit the assassin motiff

Tbh all of this can attain to every ass creed game. The only reason they are fun is very few games match their concept. If you dont enjoy them because they are semi historical then I wouldn't understand why they would want to be played.

I blame Boudica that sparks the female warrior meme. Fucking Irish ruins everything they touch. Even their "beer" taste like sewer.

>irish

>Double bit axes
>Square shields
>Dual wielding axes
Game isn't realistic stop trying to argue about it.

That's supposed to be Odin though. Old wandering man is basically his archetype

It's good time wasting entertainment to play while you listen to a podcast or something.
Granted there are plenty of better games for that

>wow like 10 real ones
Proved his point tranny

lmao did she just installed gyroscope inside her womb?

>Boudica
>irish
you better be baitin son

If you want to blast your way through the story, you can.
There's nothing forcing you to do everything else unless you want to.

>He didn't know that Boudica is celtic, hence why she's automatically Irish
This is your brain on Ubisoft History Department

Attached: 1586091738595.jpg (540x625, 57.92K)

>ayy yo hol up so you be sayin we wuz vikangz n shieet?
what are the odds of vikangz?

Attached: we wuz vikangz n shieet.jpg (1280x720, 125.18K)

Except you need to be at certain level to play certain missions, or you want to do any real damage in combat.

>celtic just means ireland
ummm no sweetie

It's fucking Ubisoft. The odds are 100%

Attached: birds-of-a-feather.jpg (1920x1080, 282.75K)

Isn't TV tropes meant to be sarcastic/tongue and cheek anyway?

Irish is Celts, ya bloody nonce

Attached: cover.jpg (1260x708, 78.12K)

You mean the Sami people?

Attached: GuHfj40d[1].jpg (800x450, 83.62K)

based

Attached: 51.jpg (525x762, 72.88K)

What a tweest.

Well, apparently what they are going for is that the catastrophic event was just postponed by Desmond, but it will still happen in the unforeseeable future, also the whole animus thing actually transporting people to the memory instead of watching a recording, and how the animus is not technologically advanced enough as it lacks enough "power" to alter time

Story takes a pretty fucking steep nosedive once Askalaad is out of the picture.

>Ubisoft finally dropping the realism to just go full Historical Science Fantasy
>Going to get to fight a bunch of mythological Norse beings and monsters
So Fenrir is 100% guaranteed, and I'm going to guess that the Golden Bull is too. What else do they have that can be added? Trolls? Four different kinds of giants?

So is Ubisoft going to ignore marketing material, player statistics and any sort of historical realism by making the female protagonist canon again like they did with Odyssey?

This.
Spears have reach, so in warfare that would be the go-to weapon of most soldiers. Pike or Halberd being the 'best in slot' item of the era.

100%

I know sadly. After recent chapters I've lost all interest in Vinland Saga and dropped it.

Lol all women are dudes in makeup dude wtf get woke already.

'Celts' aren't even really a real thing. Brythonic and Goidelic cultures were pretty different and genetically it's all Neolithic farmers anyway.

Alexios was cannon. Kassandra was just the cover of the comic no one bothered reading.

Play as Alexios.
Kassandra is still in the game, and she's perfect in that role.

There was a trophy leaked for killing a jotunn

Wouldn't surprise me if most of the verticality and beautifying stoneworks was far beyond the capabilities of the ancient greeks.

sami are just the worst.

more entitled snowniggers the world has never seen.

Kassandra was objectively the better choice and the story makes more sense if you play as her.

Pretty sure they made Kassandra canon.

Makes sense if its Odin himself. The creator of runes.

Would the Silk Road reach England at this point?

Yes because a sole female participating in the Olympic Games while nobody bats an eye makes sense. Fuck off tranny.

There is no canon choice.

Yep player characters name is feminine

If you'd look at any map, you'd know that Turkey is a neighboring country of Greece. This makes sense in a historical setting.
Are you an American supporting a white Jesus, perhaps?

No, the viking just believes he is seeing Odin.

Why do people pretend AC ever cared about historical accuracy when the first game had ancient aliens and magic artifacts that granted supernatural abilities?

Thanks my man

Because it was originally historical fantasy.
Now it's just complete fantasy.

>If you'd look at any map, you'd know that Turkey is a neighboring country of Greece. This makes sense in a historical setting.
You realise Turkey was inhibitated by greeks and these people look indian no greek or even turkish

Because the juxtaposition between fairly accurate history and sci-fi bullshit was fun.
Now it's just generic fantasy.

Was stabbing the Saxon in the eye with a bitch-blade meant to be a "yeah gottem!" moment, because it just made me sympathise all the more with the Templars. Then again so does every AC game.

It makes more sense than magical forges, Atlantis, ancient aliens, sphinxes and machines that let you experience the memories of your ancestors. Kill yourself.

No it dosent women were especitly banned from taking part in the olympics hence why they did everything naked to stop women from taking part

maybe desmond are modifying history, this is before AC1 how is hidden blade suppose to exist?

While you're right that Kite shields were not invented, never mind being widely used by the saxons, by the year the game takes place, guessing 880's. Our earliest source of kite shields existing was the late 10th century in Germany. The normans invading england also used kiteshields in 1066, which brought them to England.

Hidden blade's origin is Ancient Persia as seen in Odyssey DLC.

Pretty sure Odyssey already retconned that with the DLC.

Women had their own Olympic games. You should also realize by now that Ubisoft pushes a blantant femenist/leftist agenda

Animus did it. The Greek simulation is stated to be relatively inaccurate in-universe early on.

>People don't know that this is all just ramping up to make AC a prequel series to For Honor
AC Japan is next, and that will end with the Animus software going Haywire and locking all its users in.

Everything in the Assassin's Creed universe is a simualtion, sometimes on several different levels, on top of it being an alternate history videogame essentially.

Anachronisms are easily explained away.

Then why bother with it?
The simulations the player does are all meant to be for gathering accurate information which is kind of impossible in a inaccurate simulation.
Legit all they need to do is drop the modern day stuff being connected with the past and just act like it's an Abstergo game.

I can't wait for the AC2 reimagining where Ezio is now a Condottieri who travels around Italy killing sharks.

>AC goes full isekai with users stuck in the Animus.
I could see it happen for an AC MMO.

Now THAT could be a WoW killer.

That's where the plot is hinting on going, in Odyssey "the ones who came before" mention to Layla/Bayek how the animus only lacks power to modify time, that's why they get desynced/must sync

ValhlaV

>It’s real
Lmao fucking TV Tropes faggots

Considering how Layla modified the animus, it'd actually impossible to pull yourself out if things go wrong. That thing puts you in a near comatose state.

Forgetting the mountain?

They dwelve on the possibility of reality being a simulation, and cite the whole "man dreaming about being a butterfly" thing, how all futures that the ones that came before foresaw are actually real

>You've experienced the Bleeding Effect. Layers upon layers of reality, each blurring into the next.
>Which is real, and which is not? What if none are real? What if everything you know is false?
>We ran thousands of simulations. searching for the right version, searching tor Desmond.
>Each one of them felt real. Very real.
>But there's no way of truly knowing, is there? Not for sure. Anything can be simulated, and finding the answer could mean erasure. From the build. From the code. From everything.
>So much to ponder and so little computational capacity. Take your time.
>This question has haunted humanity since its creation. It is a worry, a thought wormed deep in the collective mind.
>Two-thousand years ago, Zhuang Zhu fell asleep. He dreamed he was a butterfly, and woke up unable to decide if he was a man dreaming of a butterfly, or a butterfly dreaming of a man.

Attached: female name.jpg (689x960, 71.5K)

They already announced that it's going the Odyssey route where you pick the gender. Doubt they'll do the siblings route again though.

Yeah, 12th was a typo-I meant 11th. Didn't know about them existing in 10th Century Germany though, that's cool

>the bearded
This isn't actually what you're called in game, right?
That would be stupid, everyone and their axe had a beard in the viking period.

$10 on the games intro is set during the Vikings journey to Turkey, they find the assassins tomb and thats where they find Ezios corpse glitching out, mistake it for Odin and get a hidden blade

Viking nicknames were sometimes really fucking obvious, or sarcastic jokes. But The Bearded just sounds so boring and uninspired. There was 1 dude called Bare Legged, or one who was "Stingy with food"

>A game set in the 9th century
>Find a corpse of someone who dies in the 16th century
What kind of time ghost nonsense are you spouting.

I don't mind if the AC style armors and ancient civ fantasy stuff is there, but I'll never forgive them if I can't dress up as a Varangian or Jomsviking.

Attached: 8486ae3dc7eefa561b64c3d4e323a220.jpg (900x1290, 221.7K)

No doubt if traders wanted to make their way there it could. But it's highly unlikely with the Med being the center of European trade

Doesn't the leaked trophy list state the game starts with Ragnar's raid on Paris in 845?

It's kind of a shame. I was climbing Pyramids, exploring Venice, hanging between the balls of Rhode's Colossus, and now I have to settle for shitty underdeveloped villages.

Hi welcome to Assassins Creed glitches

I don't think Origins had any woke stuff in it. In Odyssey, it was everywhere.

>stone didnt exist in 9th century according to latest Zig Forums discovery

thanks for the reaction image

Attached: [laughs in greek].jpg (109x150, 8.38K)

kek

last AC game I played was Black Flag and I intend on getting this - have any mechanics within the series changed or been added?? Just wondering what I've missed

Most buildings in 9th century England were wood, but there were a number of churches and some manorial structures built entirely (or more often partially) of stone. Especially in the north a lot of the stone was Roman spolia

They're not underdeveloped, that's the anachronism. You're going to see sprawling 9th century York, London and Winchester, filled with stone buildings and castles rather than mud huts.

The Anglo-Saxons only built churches out of stone, and repaired Roman fortifications. They used timber for everything else.
Castles didn't get built in England until the Normans arrived in 1066 and built like 80+ in the first two decades.

Attached: WinchesterPalaceModel.jpg (1798x697, 454.58K)

The silk road never went further than Constantinople and by extension Rome, than trade split of from there into Northern and Western Europe

>have any mechanics within the series changed or been added
yeah, they added a level-based combat system that acts like a very grindy RPG

Play Origins, same director as Black Flag and this. Its a good story and it doesnt have all the bloat of Odyssey but changes up the combat style

You hardly could climb shit in the Egypt and Greece games and there was no hidden blade.

It's a female name in modern scandi context, but in the viking age the name was used for both male and females.

>Vikings
>Two handed swords
>Flails

LMAO is Ubisoft even trying at all anymore?

Origins had the hidden blade.

>The Anglo-Saxons only built churches out of stone
that was the belief for a very long time, but there were some manorial stone structures constructed in the mid-late Saxon period.

Origins also lets you use a fucking shield.

>You hardly could climb shit in the Egypt
>literally every surface is climbable including valley faces
?

Wouldn't York be named Jorvik at this time?

Bayek got the hidden blade like 2 hours into the game. Did you even play it? He was also the one who first cut his finger off by using it, because the dumb ass used it the wrong way around.

Yes.

Every single game they add new mechanics and then by the next game they will take them away even if the mechanic is an improvement or non thematic. I guess this is the autism of having a thousand studios.

I never played Odyssey, are there really no shields in a game set in fucking Greece?

just a 100% incorrect post here

proof?

Both it and VeeKangz are historically inaccurate pagan propaganda

It's probably referring to his axes.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bearded_axe

barely felt like one, couldn't use it for a cheeky instant counter kill, or even guarantee a stealth kill

The actual name was Eoferwic, Jorvik was the Danish name and the name of the Anglo-Scandinavian kingdom there.

just the player can't use a shield. enemies have them

Origins is much better as a whole but Odyssey has better setting and also has sailing.

Not to mention that goods traveled a lot farther than any single merchant. It's not like the Chinese were dropping by in Constantinople to sell their silks.

but in the viking age the name was used for both male and females.
I've literally never heard of a unisex name in Old Norse. Source?

Enemies can use them, but in the first few hours you'll unlock a combat ability to literally delete shields with one button

Attached: 20190817201132_1.jpg (2560x1440, 372.05K)

There are shields all over the game, but you don't use one. Guessing because the Mysthios never trained as a spartan and the greek Aspis shield is a formation shield. But it's still retarded they traded the off hand weapon for a Dagger spear head.

I despise the way night looks in Origins and Odyssey.

odyssey only had few areas better than origins. about 80% of origins setting is better. sailing was good the first 2-3 times but it got real tedious real quick for me

Odyssey was in itself already a downgrade from Origins in case you haven't noticed.
youtube.com/watch?v=DuwHsaQU2Bg

>a high ranking women gets a ceremonial burial with her husbands/sons swords and horses.

I'm 99% sure the author is deliberately making it as bad as he can possibly can without the editorial office realizing that he's doing it on purpose, only so he can do something new because he said many times he's sick and tired of the setting already.

I'm talking graphics here.
They ported the Isu outfit from Origins into the final Odyssey DLC and it just looks out of place because of the lower textures.

But Valhalla looks to be back at that Origins level of graphics rather than Odyssey.

>Are you an American supporting a white Jesus, perhaps?
Jesus wasn't an arab though, he came from the east. Also considering how many of his teaching are basically copypasted from Taoism and how he preached "The Way" which is also what Taoism was called at the time, it's quite probable he was just a traveler that shilled reskinned Taoism in the middle east.

Nigger we've had fantasy shit since Origins, you literally fight mythological monsters and shit in both Origins and Odyssey, even Anubis was a boss fight in Origins.
Also we already know from leaked achievement list that there will be mythological monsters such as Jotun and Jormungandr and that both Hel and Valhalla are actual explorable locations.

Alfred built his royal halls of stone, and there are a handful of sites where manorial and defensive structures were appended with stone construction such as at Falcombe Netherton and Sudgrave. There are several examples from the 11th century as well but obviously it's harder to positively date these to pre-conquest

They didn't, in fact Alexios was on literally all promo material, the game's icon, the collector's edition, the label on the disc, etc. Everything really.
Alexios' VA straight up confirmed game was made with only Alexios in mind and his lines were recorded first and Cassandra was added later in development.
And then you have AC3 Remaster codex entries straight up stating Alexios was the canon one.
If you think about it then it makes sense because Cassandra as a woman could never do all of the shit Alexios does due to time period reasons, but when she's the masked villain nobody knows she's a woman and her role in the plot makes sense, furthermore there's the SJW angle with whoever was the villain becomes a demigod you meet in the modern day portion so of course they'd rather have Alexios be just a regular mortal that died long ago while Cassandra the "villain" becomes the timeless demigoddess to guide the modern day female protag.

>You hardly could climb shit in the Egypt
As soon as the game starts you literally have to climb around a giant tomb, and then once you get to Siwa there's an enormous temple you can climb. The vast majority of the areas you go to have high elevations you can climb or enormous buildings and temples.
>and there was no hidden blade.
>The game to show us the origin of where all the things started for the Assassin Brotherhood has no Hidden Blade.
>When Bayek uses it to kill The Snake and start the tradition of chopping off your finger.

Attached: Assassin's Creed® Origins 2019-09-18 02-00-10.jpg (1920x1080, 388.36K)

Why are they trying to make the Nordic man in this game look strong and masculine? If a black man showed up he would immediately cuck out and start providing for him.

Attached: 1576446859181.png (1118x651, 314.36K)

m8

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 115.78K)

Kassandra is in the book as chosen as "canon" to please SJWs.

In reality its this Alexios was the original character, everything was made for him, hell there was an interview with the 2 VAs and it was said that Kassandra' was only casted months after Alexios VA already finished recording

Some of those towers look gothic though. A stone square or round keep wouldn't look out of place but not turret roofs with paved spires.

Even the graphics are downgraded, textures aren't everything man, watch the video, there's a ton of effects missing such as various particle effects, battle dust etc.

I just hope for some girl on girl action for the female protagonist.

Yeah I was wrong, looked it up.

isof.se/sprak/namn/personnamn/dagens-namn-i-almanackan/kalender/namnsdagar/namnkalender/2013-11-04-eivor-ejvor.html

The book was swept under the rug in case ya don't know and since AC3 Remaster came after the book and straight up says Alexios is canon, it's pretty much all the proof you need that the book was quietly swept under the rug.
Don't expect Alexios or Cassandra to ever show up again anyway outside of Odyssey if only so normies can be pleased, but for all intents and purposes Alexios is the true canon one.

Coom somewhere else loser

No, faggot.

there is also one more thing not in the video
In Origins if you go into those big paint(?) puddles(there are several different colored ones at certain locations), the paint reacts to bayek and disperses or whatever according to how you move

In Odyssey if you step into one, nothing happens

Understandable, have a good day

Thank you, you too kind sir.

They litteraly took the rigging from the male model and copy/pasted it on the female model so she strolls like a dude

Man, they really updated the graphics in clash of clans! wow!

Did Anglo Saxons use those kind of shields?

No worries, everyone makes mistakes.
I wonder if the devs got it confused with Ivarr or Ivorr - they sound kinda similar with an English pronunciation.

Any info on what I can spend Ubisoft coins on? my card is ready.

No, they would also be using boss grip shields like the Vikings. Their style of fighting was near identical.

Vikings are the cringiest shit they could’ve gone with and really shows the lack of creative drive with this franchise. Same thing happened to GoW.

Which ones?
The square ones, nah, I think they jsut got that idea from a tv show.
The round ones, yeah, although IIRC the Saxon variants tended to be convex instead of flat like the Norse.
The long ones, yeah, but not until way after the game is set - the Normans imported them in 1060 or so.

Might be that.
"They sound similar so let's go with this"

I legit wonder if Ubisoft knew that and decided to take liberties or were genuinely unaware.

Yeah, I'm referring to the long ones.

They don't care, as the layman has no idea and probably wonder where the horned helmets are. They play fast and loose with history.

well the feudal japan everyone wants is an oversaturated setting these days and they've attempted anything else interesting

>I legit wonder if Ubisoft knew that and decided to take liberties or were genuinely unaware.
If they're unaware, they're unaware on the level of not bothering to do a single google search in the entirety of development.

Not kite shields. Ubisoft are complete niggers with armour and weapon design.

There are 13th century stone castles in the 9th century. They don't give a flying fuck lmao

Every single thread with the AC3R argument, it drives me nuts. I'm on your side that Alexios is the best choice to be canon and Kass makes no sense especially because of the Olympics, but the AC3R argument is idiotic. For argument's sake let's say Alexios never existed as an option, would Connor in AC3R have Kass' armor? Would you expect Connor to crossdress when Connor never wore Shao Jun's robes and neither did any other Assassin until Evie? They didn't even give Aveline her robes.

If Connor owns the armor physically then he owns armor from 100 years into the future and from a person who is around 10 years old in an entirely other country.
If Connor doesn't own the armor and it's based on the Animus then Abstergo has DNA from people it doesn't get until years after 3, breaks its own modern day consistency, it means that Abstergo should have already been searching for the Shroud, Koh-i-nooh, Observatory, and the Sword of Eden all the way back in 3.
The argument makes no sense from either side. The only way this argument works is just that Ubisoft wanted to add them so they're added because of Ubisoft, and that doesn't make anything canon, it just means Ubisoft wanted them in.

Does anyone really want now that? I remember want for it during the original trilogy but barely hear it mentioned anymore compared to western European settings.

nah, it's boring. even poo setting is more interesting.

The AC3R argument is mostly used as a cherry on top since the meat of the evidence comes from Alexios' VA straight up saying the game was written with only him in mind, him finishing the recording sessions MONTH before Kassandra was even conceived and then Kassandra's VA even corroborating that story.
That's literally all the evidence that's needed to know that Alexios is canon, besides as you've stated there's the Olympics argument, but even then there's more than just Olympics.
A female would never be allowed to be a captain of the ship, a female would never be allowed to join Spartan army (even for training) etc.

can't wait to see my home town get VIKANGED in game

No, the last I played was black flag

Here's your Eivor voice actors.

Attached: EW61lC9XYAAms1Z[1].jpg (1024x1024, 167.34K)

He's literally wearing some late-medieval plate armor with a steel kite shield on the right of OP's picture, so no they don't give a shit about accuracy at all.
Nevermind the fucking hammer he's holding which afaik has in that form never been combat weapon at all.

They're based on this, I think. An anglo-saxon church, but the roof is gothic I think?

Attached: Geddington-Church-Wedding-1001.jpg (1200x822, 301.55K)

Chain veil was a thing, viking helmets have been found with the chain still intact. Scale armour though, that's a doubt.

Who's the lady? At least the man is Scandinavian.

I'm not even much of a history autist but fuck me those steeples/pointed turrets are pissing me off. It wouldn't be so bad if they were flat square or round keeps as a revisionist thought. But pointed is what, like 400 years early for England?

Scale mail was a thing over a thousand years prior to the game. The romans used it, the arabs used it, the Carolingians used it, the normans used it in later centuries. Scale mail is the least issue.

>Red haired
>Scandinavian

He is a Celt.

Cecilie Stenspil and Magnus Bruun, they're both Danish.

At the end of the day they're probably going to dance around this fact so as not to piss off anyone from either camp, same deal with this game. I doubt we'll ever see which side is canon though Alexios and Eivor are simply the most logical options based on the time period in general. Maybe in a couple years we'll get Animus entries by Shaun again and get confirmation.

Yeah, the spire would have been a later addition from the Normans.

Gave up on the series after Origins
I skipped Unity and Syndicate but before that the series was pretty enjoyable

>white people the game

no thanks

Same thing goes for AC II though, a lot of their Venician and Florence architecture did not match the actual time period. Some being completed 200 years later and so forth.

moor travelers for forced diversity

>white people
Vikings were the niggers of Europe. Kind of like gypsies.

It's been around since the Vendel period.

>At the end of the day they're probably going to dance around this fact so as not to piss off anyone from either camp
Yeah I've said as much in my original post already though.

did they seriously leak the first civ armor with a mjolnir?

At least there was Shaun to tell you that these were otherwise anachronistic, now they just seem content to rewrite history in people's minds

>leak
It's all planned "leak", in case you missed the memo they already released a full list of achievements including the "secret" ones.

true

That list was debunked.

Proof or fuck off

not spoonfeeding you.

TODAY I WILL REMIND THEM

Attached: EVO.png (579x588, 214.76K)

>Wonder if they'd try to bring Desmond back somehow, considering people tend to want that
It's possible if this list is actually legit.

Attached: achiev.jpg (1329x806, 64.23K)

Because you're full of shit

Hand grip strength? Really?

;^)

What's the morse code translation? I cba to type it into jewgle.

It's like one of those virgin vs. chad memes

Seventeen

it says 17

Wasn't that Desmond's number? Subject 17?

Correct

Sample 17, yes.

Are we going home bros? Does it mean they're retconning the retardation that was 3 and going back to Chadmond?

>hyped
Not once have I ever been "hyped" for vidya and you faggots that unironically use that term are why the industry is in shambles

This will be just a shitty as all AC games post 2 and prominently feature a clan of black transgender Muslim lesbian Vikings that emasculate the MC.

>Nighoggr
Based

odyssey already was a downgrade from origins

>This will be just a shitty as all AC games
who hurt you?

Attached: oof.jpg (582x546, 49.05K)

Way to expose yourself

Why does he look like such a cunt, even if he's technically right about viking incursions.

Much originality

Attached: Aethelwold-The-Last-Kingdom.png (1150x720, 211.52K)

YES REALLY the point is "muh handgrip" the overall point is that males are stronger and have higher endurance both things that are important in combat

I'd like to think that all the niggers actually encountered by the *Vikings* would either have been robbed or slaughtered and then robbed.

>are you hyped for this one?
I literally could not care less

Leaked achivement list for those that misesd it

Attached: 1585658798609.png (1432x5424, 334.31K)

>Sequences are back
>Desmond is possibly back
>Back to Assassins vs Templars story
>Black Flag/Origins Director and Lead Writer
Kino?

>using anything other a spear during that era
it's like you wanna die

So I haven't played anything since Brotherhood.

What the fuck is the story about now anyway? Last I read about Desmond and his friends are all dead?

From my understanding there isn't really a framing narrative now, just a bunch of different eras so Ubi can continue to milk the series. Which is an artistically bankrupt decision I would expect of them.

No. AC is the epitome of nuvideogames together with uncharted, COD and many others.

>Ubisoft finally dropping the realism to just go full Historical Science Fantasy
It's almost like everyone forgets that the first game had hyper advanced technology from a forgotten civilisation and people with an actual extra sense.

Ubisoft could make a Patagonian natives AC, fanbois would still buy it.

It's like the last seasons of GoT, some people actually say they're good and would pay money for more, never underestimate autism/brand loyalty.

Is that real armor from the game?
Because holt fuck I am totally going shield and hammer.

Desmond died in 3, Rebecca and Shaun are still fine. Lucy was a Templar undercover agent. If you want a full rundown from Liberation on since I can't be bothered to rewrite it:

Movie is canon because of Origins even though it makes no sense and Arno is an ancestor of Callum Lynch from it.

Attached: Assassins Creed 2016 (1080p Bluray x265 HEVC 10bit AAC 7.1 Tigole).mkv_snapshot_01.23.17_[2019.09.16_21.36.03].jpg (1920x804, 510.06K)

From the few pictures of ingame footage, I am not really impressed for a game that is leading the next generation of consoles and thus the lower end bar for PC settings

>viking
>flail
>twohanded sword
>anything about this pic really
Dios mio

>Asscreed game
>hype
kek Zig Forums fucking sucks

>The king isn't going to be a moustache twirling villain, the Vikings aren't going to be saints.
Where is the middle ground between "not wanting to be conquered by an invading force" and "wanting to be a conquering and invading force"? What is the proper response to violent invasion?

>Zig Forums fucking sucks
What gave it away? The absolute shit taste everyone seems to have, or the wojakniggers?

>there were no female hussars
This is commonly accepted
>there were no female samurai lords
>there were no female janissaries
>there were no female Vatican guards

>there were no female Viking warriors
>N-no, that can't be true, that's a misogynist lie from the patriarchy to keep strong woman of history down, here look a grave of some dude's wife she was buried with a sword that PROVES there were female Viking warriors (n-no it doesn't matter if her bones show she had never once seen combat) CLEARLY they were as common as the men there's shieldmaiden myths and the valkyries it all proves that men are suppressing female history it's INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT THAT WOMEN WERE VIKING RAIDERS!!!

Why?

Attached: questioning.jpg (327x249, 10.46K)

>main character has modern Danish accent (still closer to old norse than modern Swedish at least)
>everyone else will either have a British accent without a hint of French or an American accent

That's funni

Attached: laughing lizard.jpg (500x333, 131.38K)

was anyone else genuinely shocked not to see a 'we wuz vikangs' viking in the trailer

What an utter trash story

Iraqis also wipes shit with their hands

What do you think the vikings used? Toilet paper from the future?
Retard.

Because it's current year + 5 bigot. You better believe that women fought and were also queer and trampled patriarchy like qweeeeeens they were

>but they used a communal water basin to wash before meals
According to ONE middle eastern historian who only observed the practice at ONE feasting hall.
I wouldn't consider that the norm, especially since it conflicts with the more numerous sources citing the general Viking cleanliness.

Gonna sensibly colonise America later

That's probably Ezio using the apple to go back in time. He was probably working with the "gods" to learn more about the apple.

Attached: Shah of Iran.jpg (369x369, 16.68K)

Always wanted to play as Bill Burr.

Attached: 1512757651494.png (729x638, 153.72K)

Why is Byzantium in England in the 9th century is the real question.

Attached: Byzantine_empire_by_xumarov-d4nzb3f.png (900x506, 47.49K)

Imagine caring about the story, in an ASS CREED game.
Imagine.

Because now it involves women therefore it's an attack on men and we need to rise up.
Though to be fair, right after the reveal of a new AC there's always been a sudden burst of pseudo-intellectuals and armchair historians nitpicking the accuracy so they can look smart.