NuDoom 3 expectations thread

nuDoom 3 expectations thread

can they actually improve something in the sequel or has it reached its peak?

Attached: 60.jpg (750x422, 27.97K)

Hey i just need to vent that i never used the BFG intentionally FUCK THAT THING

also, why did you say nuDoom, isnt eternal pretty redpilled with that whole anti immigration racism they got going on?

is that you, cyber?

Gameplay aside, they actually have to improve their story-telling.
In a game like DOOM, you shouldn't have to wade through menus to understand where you even are. The game has to be "show don't tell" and DOOM 4 did that part right, so they know how to do it, they just need to scale it up.
I couldn't care less about immersion, so that didn't bother me very much on DOOM 5 but the change was so drastic and poorly executed that I thought the team had changed (and if it wasn't for the gameplay, there would be a hard time convincing me the same guys did it).

Actual regular melee mechanics.
Big rework to glorykills.

Attached: 1584268241656.jpg (640x987, 112.71K)

If they manage to improve on it I can't fucking wait, Eternal was the best FPS I played this decade

Make the Crucible more fun and engaging to use. Make it charge up on kill streaks or something as opposed to having to pick up a very limited number of charges that are only on a couple of maps.

Tone down the gimmicks a bit. Loved eternal, but the game really didn't need punch, blood punch, glory kill, chainsaw, glory kill and laser sword just for melee attacks.

Ranger

Attached: H U H.jpg (300x300, 10.14K)

They can remove the infinite heals, infinite chainsaws, infinite trash to kill with chainsaw, infinitely tedious loop of killing trash with a chainsaw as a tax to have fun, the platoforming, the 'use right wep kill enemy in 1 hit' design, the busted ice, the glory kills and the shit level design and make an actual doom game instead of serious sam with space marines healing minus any risk of ever taking damage doing it and drowning it in rpg bullshit

Decent online and mod support. Eternal is dead in the water right now until it gets some more content to give it longevity.

remove the atrociously unfun purple goo and water sections

what's that?

YOU WANT MORE PURPLE GOO!?

Attached: 1557479601599.jpg (1000x581, 54.82K)

What were those token things the slayer threw on the priest's bodies?

Faster paced and more gothic aesthetics

Eternal did right by giving Doomguy a gothic barbarian vibe and basically finally fused the Doom and Quake art design.

Nekravol was as good of a tribute/update to classic doom levels that I could have ever hoped.

Attached: 1573984715316.jpg (1620x2160, 1.87M)

>>Eternal did right by giving Doomguy a gothic barbarian vibe
No

>but..but..but... the game is better when i have to stop every 5 seconds and watch an animation!

Attached: 1560685364756.jpg (2560x1440, 508.33K)

More open ended levels like 3 and 4 of DOOM 2016, or Super Gore Nest if it they just opened up some of the locked paths earlier
Better intro like DOOM 2016’s, although Eternal’s gameplay loop is insanely fun once you have every tool, the first few levels felt pretty dull
Better bosses, like DOOM 2016’s
What said, although you could just skip the cutscenes, it still felt like an incredibly disjointed experience. The ship hub was also unnecessary and contributed to this
Maybe limit the upgrade tokens and make them harder to find

Unmakyr is a superior use of Argent ammo in every way. And I don't feel like they give you enough ammo anyway unlike 2016.

It becomes Hot Lava where you hit three buttons sometimes to set demons on fire, punch them or glory kill them.

Massively expanded story featuring fully voiced Slayer storylines and set pieces and cut scenes and an in game codex and holy shit guys check out this Byf lore video.

>Massively expanded story featuring fully voiced Slayer storylines and set pieces and cut scenes
fuck no, go play sony exclusives for that

Not tone down but make them NECESSARY.

Scary.

Actual level design, no lockdown arenas

This time they can't just add stuff without it becoming a giant cluster fuck.

kek
bruh i ran out of buttons to bind on a keyboard to all the shit in the game
no idea how console players play this

Attached: 1496608874936.jpg (750x722, 71.88K)

>crucible replaces blood punch, does a fuck ton of damage but isn’t necessarily an instakill, and resets after a few glory kills. If it does kill you get the slicing animation, if not there’s other custom ones for slicing them apart but they still live
>more glory kills for the same spot on a demon, especially frontways and chest, cuz you end up seeing those a lot, and they rotate randomly
That’s pretty much all I’d want mechanically, except hopefully for new weapons and sub weapons. The eternal gameplay loop is near fucking perfect. Though I really disliked the story and presentation so here’s what I’d like back in 6 (nu3?)
>back to an entirely first person perspective, cutscenes still skip-able if desired
>make Hayden a character again, instead of a plot device
>bring in the wretch demon who made the slayers first praetor suit as a side character
>more original designs, more original bosses
>every boss gets a special scripted glory kill
>make a single character that functions like the marauder but isn’t a respawning mob, but a real character and threatening rival
The icon of sin was a disappointing boss to end on imo. Came out of nowhere, too referential. Mechanically it’s cool, but the gladiator was way more fun.

Has a game filtered players as hard as DOOM + Eternal? Players and critics are seemingly admitting they prefer the braindead overpowered upgrades and weapons in the 16' Doom because it allowed them to play braindead without thinking. Now that there are cooldown abilities to keep track of during combat with resource managment they dislike having to put in more effort and learn the actual mechanics. I was a big advocate that the core gameplay in 16' was fantastic but ruined by OP upgrades that make you think less in combat. But it turns out, despite negative reviews claiming 16' was repetative, some people prefer the dumber combat.

Attached: 1430167959343.gif (350x210, 493.96K)

Oh and I forgot
>mid tier enemies like carcasses, sneks, prowlers, etc only take 2 chainsaw fuel

Dumbest post in the thread. Having enemies that can only be harmed by blood punch or something like that would be awful.

Attached: 1581651463354.gif (512x384, 2.22M)

F I L T E R E D

That already exists in the game. Cyber mancubus is literally wasting your ammo if you try to kill him normal instead of punching his armor off. That said, blood punch is the only special move in the game that I never feel like I’m using practically. I feel like doom guys got plenty of AOE options, and I’d rather see it cut for a real melee system than further developed.

S H I T T A S T E

16 is bad
eternal is bad
infinite invincible healing is bad
no long-term resource management is bad
being a brainlet who actually thinks there's any meaningful restriction in either game is bad
stop being bad
t. not bad

>more levels set in hell
>make flamethrower more damaging
>give whiplash tits
>add more doom 3 demons, like the Maledict and the maggots
>mid tier demons only take 2 chainsaw fuel
>add some quake 1 enemies. go all the way
>make dissapearing corpses an toggle-able option
>make default movement speed just a tinge faster
>make savagery rune affect chainsaw kills
>make air control rune doomguys default movement
>get composers for past ID games to do some guest songs
here's your goty bro
define "long term" resource management

>Massively expanded story featuring fully voiced Slayer storylines and set pieces and cut scenes and an in game codex and holy shit guys check out this Byf lore video.
I’m at least one person who appreciates your satire.

>t. hurt me plenty

In the original games, if you used rockets every enemy, you'd run out until you found more. Not killed an infinitely respawning basic-ass enemy with your infinitely regenerating ammo instakill wep. This could be later this map, several maps later, maybe even never. You were stuck at 0 until you found the very specifically placed ammo. The encounters were designed around this. It wasn't really scarcity, but it wasn't 'lol I do whatever and then chainsaw zombie :)' like 2016 and especially Eternal are.
It was actual design.

>Has a game filtered players as hard as DOOM + Eternal?
Unironically Sekiro and games with hitscanners

you can burst him down pretty easy with rockets and ballista. If you chainsaw off cooldown you'll never have ammo problems

Your opinion is mostly bad and gay but you do bring up a good point here, in that encounters in eternal can't be differentiated from each other by providing different arsenals through ammo.

Still preferred to the autistic emphasis on memorizing encounters and maps required from higher difficulty levels of the OG games though.

>Your opinion is mostly bad and gay
Wrong.

this
more Hell levels
less Skyrim

the music will be shit
RIP Mick

Not him but:
>Your opinion is mostly bad and gay
>Still preferred to the autistic emphasis on memorizing encounters and maps
You ousted yourself immediately. There’s no map emphasis, just exploration. These aren’t Daggerfall dungeons, they’re one story and easily navigated with Doomdood’s speed.
But you do bring up a good point: People are fucking retards these days, especially console shooter players, so it also severely retarded level design and navigation. People seem to have this idea that Doom has always been about the shooting and encounters, it’s always gone hand-in-hand with going through levels.

It was just enough ammo for the Unmakyr and Crucible in order to get rid of the Arch Viles.

Attached: giantmeatball.jpg (617x510, 160.11K)

Completely fucking wrong. You can even watch higher difficulties of doom 1 and 2 and see how it involves knowing exactly where the enemies are going to be and coming around corners prefiring.

It's amazing that you can have a single good point considering how you don't even know how the games you jerk off even work.

I think they should leave Doom alone and move into Quake now. Make it in the same verse if they want to (and they seem to) but move of from Doom Slayer to Ranger. There isn't that much to tell after you blew up Heaven.

A better final boss. The icon of shit was garbage

What kind of story would we go for?

i'd like to see 3 have a balance of things that worked from 2016 and eternal

>doom 3
what
you mean the next doom, the 6th of the franchise?

Either nerf bfg and crucible or get rid of them completely and keep the unmaykr. It's unfair on the player to have have a get out of jail free card. Yes, you read that correctly, it's unfair on the player.
Bring back melee.
Change the wall scaling animation a bit maybe, it looks clunky as fuck.
Other than that best combat ever.
They got the combat loop so goddamn right in eternal.
I'm worried they're gonna try to 1up themselves again and totally fuck it up.
They've got something good with eternal and if they just give us more demons and more interesting arena level designs then people will be happy with that I reckon. Like up the stakes dont fuck with the game because it's in a great place.

>'make an actual doom game'
Fuck off boomer/elitist who was 'born in the wrong era'

>Completely fucking wrong. You can even watch higher difficulties of doom 1 and 2 and see how it involves knowing exactly where the enemies are going to be and coming around corners prefiring.
Hyperbole and/or gamepad user, or someone with fucking godawful reaction time. This isn’t Shadow Warrior or Blood with instant hitscanners. In Doom the badguys happen and you react to it. Why are you having issues with this?
>It's amazing that you can have a single good point considering how you don't even know how the games you jerk off even work.
Most ironic post of the day and it’s only the early morning.

bfg and crucible were a reason id had to increase number of enemies
newbies kinda do use bfg, but you dont need to. i think this is nice because its a more dynamic way of toning down the difficulty.
you dont need to take care of that revenant bro, you can use a bfg shot!

unmaykr actually feels like a option against bosses, so i actually agree with this one. worse comes, we would have boss battles that would require unmaykr to be fought

No.

I’d like to see them have some balls to make a new shootan IP as opposed to rebooting a story-less setting with gameplay unlike the originals.
That and Quake isn’t as relevant as it was when being compared to classic Doom, especially when the Nudooms play infinitely more like Quake than Doom ever did.

how could they make a new game that isnt just a cod clone?

Blood punch for pinkies exclusively. Always blood punch cyber mancubus. You can also blood punch the hell knights I think they're called (sword dudes) to remove armor (haven't done much of this myself but i should). So yeah there's the right amount of blood punch use I reckon. Having melee back along with these mechanics would be nice but if you're not taking advantage of blood punch you ain't playing it right.

Weird thing to see about the guys who released two not-CoD-clones in a row with NuDoom and Doom:E.

whos gonna do the music now that Mick isnt coming back?

A PSA TO ALL DOOM ETERNAL PLAYERS:

Reminder to:

1)Use all weapons evenly
2)Never use the weapon wheel
3)Quickswitch

i wanna see a leg sweep on pinkies
how bout something weird like swordplay with crucible? straight out of a fighting game, or maybe even dishonor

i just used the rocket and stalled for chainsaw if i ran out, sometimes shotgun, ignored everything else
game was easy

They lifted the dash mechanic from the newer Shadow Warrior games, and those also have decent and satisfying melee. Might be cool.

Nah that would change the chainsaw for worse. It's fine how it is. The chainsaw is simply a reload animation. That's it. Allowing one hit kills on non fodder demons for the sake of being able to draw ammo from more sources reduces those demons down to potential fodder rather than the formidable low-mid tier challenge they are meant to be. If you want ammo there's plenty of sources in the fodder demons (I dont know how people run out of
ammo in eternal its literally impossible), there's no need to reduce more demons to fodder.

terrible

how would you do a fight with the corrupt sentinels?
as in, different that just a beefy marauder

vega tells you where you're going bro

Remove the heavy dependency on the chainsaw by making ammo barrels a default and more common mechanic

You are so completely full of shit. Because of long term resource management and saving, at higher difficulties players are STRONGLY incentivized to either have maps memorized or to load whenever they are surprised and lose too many of their resources, then go back into the encounter knowing exactly what is going to happen.
This what the mechanics of the game encourage, and if you watch any higher difficulty footage of the games you will see the players being proactive versus reactive.
It's amazing that you dumb fucks might actually have some decent criticism in your brains but you are so deathly addicted to contrarianism that you have to claim every difference between something you prefer and something you like less is NEW GAME BAD.

some weird seal that he needed to make the hell priests killable

I agree with this. By the end of the game you could keep your health and armor up without having to glory kill. But you kept having to chainsaw.