Can't decide

Can't decide.

Attached: Persona-4-TRAVIS-4.jpg (740x544, 316.77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qO6LWQhvzRw
youtube.com/watch?v=6jFaoLrLzd4
youtube.com/watch?v=zXX94yJgTz4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Neither game has Keanu Reeves, yeah thats a hard pass on both for me.

4 to maximize comfy & SOUL

Persona 3 for the story
Persona 4 for the characters
>Persona 5 for the gameplay

Yeah I'm gonna end the thread here.

Everybody liked that.

Both are great, but 4 is better in the 4 areas:

story wise
character wise
gameplay wise
music wise

3 has better story, characters and music.

Delusional fuck

Attached: cringe.jpg (392x322, 37.05K)

Should be 3. 4 felt like a lazy quick cash grab, asset flip and same dungeons.

Persona 5 is what 4 should've been.

P3 no contest

Attached: perSOULna 3.jpg (1511x1080, 297.92K)

Fuck off p3 tranny go burn your dread or whatever other gay emo shit you faggots do.

I couldn't get through 4, gameplay was somehow more grindy than 3.

one of those character has no soul.

P3 better story and characters
P4 better comfy and gameplay
Both good music

Ultimately I'd say P4, though I'd never fault anyone for choosing P3. I just think that the pacing in P3 could have been better and some of the SLs were a little boring, but it WAS their first time trying something like that. Though I'd say that the overall message and story behind P3 was a bit stronger. Plus, as someone who went into P4 blind, I thought that P4 had a pretty fun murder mystery plot

Attached: 127451.jpg (850x598, 147.12K)

You're high, the story isn't better and neither are the characters. In fact its a lot worse because the main group can't even have a rational thought without you there telling them what to do. The only character who's pretty much good enough is Adachi when he comes out about his true self.
The music though, I will say some of it is pretty nice. Nothing really too bad there.

False on all counts

Objectively P3 is a better game in every aspect but the gameplay since Tartarus is more boring than P4's dungeons in the visual aspect.
Great story, great characters, great music, and I also cried when Kimi no Kioku started playing. An amazing game overall and it definitely deserves a remaster of some sort even though it's almost certain that if it happens Atlus will 100% fuck something up with unnecessary new story content like some other garbage remake girl that this game never needed or try to make this game as close to P5 as possible and this way ruining what made it stand out like they did with P3P

Pick Nocturne instead
youtube.com/watch?v=qO6LWQhvzRw

Attached: 1587980252937.jpg (600x450, 50.36K)

Yes

Attached: 1567169866186.png (500x482, 235.22K)

BASED and chunguspilled

4 Easily. 3 is great too, but 4 is peak Persona

Attached: 1498783669257.jpg (1800x1200, 783.55K)

Aigis really is the best girl too bad no pussy

Persona 5

According to Zig Forums it's 3

Attached: 0.jpg (1024x1011, 324.78K)

4 because is the most happy one

>Naoki talking to his sister in the back
Soul

3 because everything after that keeps degenerating further and further into pure wish fulfillment.

Attached: __suou_tatsuya_amano_maya_suou_katsuya_apollo_and_serizawa_ulala_persona_and_2_more_drawn_by_toono_pixiv709285__c46ad4f546fb3028a9c1fe3053f6acfa.jpg (1600x1200, 988.54K)

>portal anywhere near that high
shit list instantly

>Persona 5 above both

Attached: nice.jpg (458x550, 21.94K)

is p2 actually worth playing through?

Why did they get rid of Philemon again?

basado

HELLLLLL NO. It's worth a watch on YouTube for the story, but P2's gameplay is the worst in the damn series.

I like Persona 3 more in every regard except gameplay, personally, but that doesn't mean I dislike persona 4.

Yes.

The official reason is to let the younger staff do their own thing with Persona and to respect 1&2.

Attached: __apollo_persona_and_1_more_drawn_by_shaliva__19eb9da2b7da7f8813127d06e4eb47ed.jpg (582x500, 50.68K)

3 starts slow but has the best conclusion of all the modern games. Even people who think 3 is overhyped can't shit on Nyx.
4 is generally more consistent but it's highs aren't as high.
The rest (music, theming, characters, etc.) is just a matter of opinion.

Attached: 1442641776581.png (500x625, 202.6K)

P3 is better in everything except for the gameplay which P3P fixed. Both games uses the same garbage dungeons though

It is superior to both and far more popular

This. P4 suffers from it's emotional high being heaven.

5>2EP>2IS>3>1>4

But at the end of the day Persona will always just be discount SMT

Attached: 1543694502701.jpg (330x330, 38.85K)

Better gameplay and dungeons.

In a technical standpoint it's the better game though personally I still have 3 above it.

I

based trustworthy poster

P3
+Final boss of all final bosses
+Mitsuru
+Music
+Best attendant
-Tartarus monotony
-Retarded "edgy" antagonists with paper thin motives
-90% garbage confidants
++Mitsuru on the beach

P4
+Cohesive cast that acts like friends
+comfy slice of life countryside setting
+Actually interesting scoobert doobert story shenanigans
+confidants
++Nanako
+Music
-Makoto 0.5 (better than Makoto but still a no fun Mary sue)
-irrelevant tier final boss
-questionable villain actions
+sympathetic villain motive
- -you know who

P4 bearly wins for me because the characters are all around more likable and fun than the stick up their ass characters from P3.

Is it ok if I just emulate the ps2 version of 4? Don't want to buy a vita for a single game

Nanako is rehashed Maiko

Attached: cunny maiko.jpg (2009x3240, 1.43M)

Yeah, even as p3fag I can't pretend that Revolver Jesus is better than Adachi.

Attached: 1432083600943.jpg (2480x3507, 1.87M)

It's fine. You miss out on improvements to a couple systems and two social links, the rest of the experience is identical

Attached: 1500250343681.gif (370x208, 2.82M)

Surely Vita's are no more than $70

I can't fucking stand a bunch pf 12 year olds saiyng that life is meaningless. Persona 3 makes me want to beat the shit out every character. Also the sacrifice of the ending is cringiest shit ever, the writers were masturbating to the ideia of idolizing death waaay to much. The best part of the game are the social links from side charactes and people bearly talk about them.
It's aways about mu theme, mu being dead is sad, mu emo aesthetic.
youtube.com/watch?v=6jFaoLrLzd4
THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOUTUBEPOOP FROM THE EARLY 2000 FUCK YOU NIGGER

Hard to choose but I'd go with 3. 3 is rougher around the edges but is ultimately a more impactful experience. I think 5 vs 3 is a harder question. Even though I really dislike 5s stories and characters the QoL differences and amount of social things to do is much larger than 3 vs 4.

Attached: actually maiko.jpg (510x510, 41.77K)

Vita is cheap, has a lot of hidden gems and can be easily hacked so if you're not a poorfag who can't afford a single handheld so pick it up and play Golden since it's a better version in every way possible.
PS2 is fine, I guess, but I just can't find P4 enjoyable without Adachi's S. Link and new Fusion system.

It's like they didn't even try. Jesus Christ

Are all P4 faggots this autistic? Thank god I'm not in contact with all these retards.

Even if this is b8 it's still cringe

If 3 had 5s level of world immersion there would be no contest. Part of the negative of 3 is not feeling incredibly invested in the world that is fated to end. With P5 polish the world would be a much more fleshed out "character" worth saving. The scope would grow from suicidal personally depressed solipsistic teenagers to despair for the loss of the whole. That's why heaven hits so hard in p4. It's not your life in danger it's someone you love's life.

P3 by default

Attached: she wants the BDC.jpg (1902x1080, 423.21K)

I bought vita just to play p4g and it was worth it

This. P3 is the last game that has the characters face problems which can't be solved with power of friendship and Megidolaon skill.

>p3 lets you romance elizabeth
>cowards don't let you fuck margret in 4
fatlus are a bunch of hacks

Have you played P3P? Because the complete loss of immersion is the biggest problem of this version.
I liked Iwatodai, it was a fun city to explore. Definitely not even close to P5's Tokyo because look at P3's release date but still pretty good for a product of it's time.

>P3
Cohesive story, interesting characters, gameplay is meh
>P4
Bad Scooby-Doo story, meh characters, decent gameplay

It all comes down to your preferences, but I think P3 is the better game overall.

You shut your fucking mouth you animal. Aigis is just as human as you or me, and I love her.

Attached: 1568162011407.png (500x405, 180.35K)

>only thing that ever makes me want to play p3p over p3 is best girl's song
youtube.com/watch?v=zXX94yJgTz4
it hurts

What we need is a game with P5's gameplay and P3's writing. I doubt P6 will do that though because the Persona writers have been getting worse with each sequel

4 is super comfy
3 has a better story and characters who aren't constantly sucking your schlong

As a rule, Atlus doesn't like touching P1 or P2 out of respect for the older staff that isn't around anymore. Dragging around Philemon, drudging up old characters, or remastering games that nobody on the current dev team had a hand in would be disrespectful to the OGs.

Everyone whines about P1/P2 being forgotten by Atlus but it's literally the opposite, I'd imagine. It's only out of remembrance that they refuse to tarnish their reputation.

Attached: slip.jpg (910x1024, 54.74K)

This but with her cuter sister

Attached: Labrys_(BlazBlue_Cross_Tag_Battle,_Character_Select_Artwork).png (2009x1882, 1.8M)

It's not perfect by any means, but the story is very interesting and it has tons of fun mechanics. Talking to the shadows was my favorite part of the game.

If you like cutting yourself and listening to My Chemical Romance, go for 3.

The first 15 seconds always makes me not want to listen to the rest even though the rest is good. First impressions really are important.

>P3's gameplay is meh
>P4's gameplay is decent

P4 blows P3 out of the fucking water when it comes to gameplay and QOL. Only thing 3 has over 4 is the story and some of the characters, but even then the story doesn't even get good until the last 5-10 hours.

Attached: 1553155466007.png (966x1128, 601.16K)

>P4 blows P3 out of the fucking water when it comes to gameplay and QOL.
It really isn't that much better. We aren't talking P3/4 -> P5 levels of improvement, we're talking "hey we added party control and a more lenient 1more system"

I honestly think P3 has better gameplay than P4. The changes served to make P4 less challenging yet at the same time more annoying.

Persona should go back to AI controlled party members.

Attached: 1577727030164.gif (540x300, 1.97M)

I don’t get where the idea that “Persona 3 glorifies nihilism” came from. I don’t think there is a more anti-nihilist game that exists

But getting your shlong sucked feels good though

Based 100. Here's you free 4channel gold, sir.

OHH GEE I DON'T KNOW
FROM THE CHARACTERS POINTING GUNS TO THEIR HEADS

Everyone saying p3 has an amazing story is confusing. It really goes to show how important the ending is when normalfags evaluate a story. Completely explains the GoT and Mass Effect 3 chimpouts.
I'm not saying p4 has a better or worse overall story, but 95% of p3's story is shit redeemed only by a solid ending.

It blows my mind that nobody want to fuck her.

The only big thing P4 added to the gameplay is better dungeons and direct commands (better fusion if talking about Golden)
The QoL really begins to matter with P5. Overall gameplay of P3 is really simular to P4, you have to be an autist to not see that.

Indeed

>character development
>social links
>the atmosphere of absolute despair
>has actual lore
>way less anime cliches involved, feels more human because of it
Have you ever played P3?

Normies would have to actually play the game to completion instead of just looking up boxart.

retard

Based retard.

There's a good reason why 4 is generally considered the blacksheep of nusona.

3 and 5 just did it better. Nothing in particular really stands out in 4 except for muh group dynamic.

P3 is unplayable in 2020. Hell it was unplayable in 2015. Anything redeemable about the game is locked behind far too many hours of grinding an identical dungeon full if identical enemies.

Anyone who disagrees simply played the game so long ago they've either managed to mentally block it out, or had no standards as children.

P4 still plays as well as it ever did. P5 is objectively better than both.

Jesus, stop posting

Attached: retard.png (500x623, 330.79K)

>an autist unable to deal with Tartarus
>instantly assumes everyone is as autistic as him
Persona fanbase, everyone.
Someone is yet to play P3.

>hey we added party control

That automatically makes it better than P3, but P4 also had.

>More unique dungeons that had special puzzle floors
>No more arbitrary dungeon time limit and tired status
>Making physical attacks just one type
>Better story pacing
>Better S.Links Yes, P3 has some of the best in the series, but the general quality is better in P4.

That's not even counting the further improvements that Golden brought. I agree that it wasn't the big leap that P5 was, but P4 still took some long ass steps in the right direction.

Attached: face.png (544x548, 429.03K)

Attached: 1586654526213.gif (480x269, 2.07M)

>UnPlAyAbLE
lol

Attached: IMG_20200501_225400.jpg (2010x1080, 214.74K)

why is Rise letting this happen

played it in 2017 right before 5 came out and loved it

3 has pacing problems but it overall follows a good story structure. It's at its most exciting at the actual climax and once the credits roll you're impressed. It's better than peaking 20 hours before the end and dragging the player to the finish line. Under the context of having to play through a massive 70+ hour game I'd rather play the one with a good finale than the one whose story plays out like a ruined orgasm. I think 4 is more consistent as well but when a game is as long as these the ending needs to stick the landing, going into a boring section after 50 hours is am auto-drop, the player has no goodwill left. Same thing is probably why 5 gets so much heat; you play 50 hours then you have to do the shitty hamburger palace. If that garbage was the second dungeon you might stick it through, but after so much time it feels like the game isn't worth it.

I meant unplayable in the same way I would consider a turd as inedible.

Some poor soul will still decide to go through with it eventually.

>I like P4 because they casualized it!

Attached: airhead.png (1600x900, 1.75M)

I don't like P4's dungeon crawling over Tartarus, unironically. It's more or less the same narrow hallway bullshit except now you don't even get the benefit of having this long, daunting experience. You just pop in and run through palette-swapped hallways once a month then do social sim shit until the next big story beat. The lack of a fatigue system means you can one shot every dungeon in the game if you aren't a retard, whereas P3 actually forced you to either stock up on items that'll clear up fatigue, swap out party members when others get tired, or just go to Tartarus multiple times a month (which means you actually balance the life sim/dungeon crawling elements, supposedly the lifeblood of nuSona games even though 4 and 5 balance those two things so poorly).

Also P4's story 100% has worse pacing imo. P3's plot drops off in September but that's about it. P4's plot drops off from the entire period between getting Naoto and Nanako's life being threatened. Literally everything inbetween is pointless padding. I barely even remember that part of the game.

Agreed on the rest.

>social links
>less anime cliches

The villains are ripped straight from the bowels of generic anime. Shinjiro's death is contrived anime bullshit that has zero impact other than eliciting an eye roll. Chidori's entire existence down to her clothes are pure anime. The p3 characters don't feel human, they are joyless serious adults in high school student's bodies.

>down to her clothes
you are retarded if you think lolita fashion is "anime"

>direct commands
Can be easily modded in and also make the game too easy. The Answer is the only part of the game where they are actually vital to make your playthrough actually fun
>puzzle floors
Full moon dungeons replace those
>tired status
That's to stop retards from grinding too much. Game's too easy otherwise
>pacing
True, but P4's opening is way too fucking slow. P3 lets you freely explore around 1,5 hours in while P4 spends 3 hours or even longer before you finally get started to Yukiko
>S. Link
I prefer a couple of phenomenal ones over a dozen of just OK ones.

Attached: IMG_20200430_122658.jpg (1280x959, 130.26K)

This is by far the most correct and patrician post here. I prefer 5 as the best since GAMEplay is what I value most in video GAMES, but I know that its story post-Komashida is meh, and some of the characters are kind of bland at times

I can only handle Ryujis retardation, Futabas cringing or Yusukes pretentiousness for so long

Attached: 1587613517751.jpg (1043x587, 75.89K)

>Shinjiro's death is contrived anime bullshit that has zero impact other than eliciting an eye roll.
How on earth is his death contrived?
>Chidori's entire existence down to her clothes are pure anime.
Look up gothic lolita. It's an actual fashion style in Japan. Ironically, despite her crazy design, she's one of the most true-to-life characters in a game that takes place in modern, urban Japan.
>The p3 characters don't feel human, they are joyless serious adults in high school student's bodies.
Imagine calling P3's characters robotic because they aren't flighty, bubbly anime characters and actually have serious emotions and some degree of intelligence. You DO realize that high schoolers irl aren't brainless monkeys, yeah?

V for waifu

This is not a good thing
>No more arbitrary dungeon time limit and tired status
Honestly they should go back to doing this and make it relevant even late game. If we're going to have a calendar system I'd like to actually think on what I'm going to do for the day, they've been making it less and less strict after P3.

Dungeons in 4 and 3 are both shit so I'm not gonna count that for either.

>Taking out annoying shit that adds nothing is bad

Get unraped you fag.

Attached: freesnack.png (566x668, 363.21K)

That's a worse change. There are only 1 or 2 shadows in the entirety of P4 that are weak to physical because of this. On top of that if something is strong/null/absorb for physical your only option is magic instead of a different physical attack type.

>complains about characters being anime
>says that's because they aren't happy and bubbly

Attached: 1582685907140.png (211x244, 79.72K)

Keep coping

Attached: 857BD17B-0955-4EE4-B8AF-CFEC7FF25BCB.png (410x598, 160.04K)

I liked p4 just cause it was comfier and Inaba was like my hometown and that hit deeper with me than the urban settings of the other 2

>Making physical attacks one type
>Better S.Links

Wrong

>I can't fucking stand a bunch pf 12 year olds saiyng that life is meaningless.
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean its not the truth. You motherfucker did you not play P4?

Why would you play rpgs if gameplay is what you value the most? I agree 5's is the best but compared to, say, debating which DMC is the best, gameplay doesn't feel as relevant. This is a series where you may have to sit through hours of cutscenes at a time, character and story are super important metrics.

Mitsuo's arc is literal 100% filler and could be removed with nothing changed in the story. The murder mystery arc is solved by characters conveniently remembering crucial clues from 7 months prior. P4's plot is a mess

Yeah, I have no idea how or why P4fags call its story good. I think it's just because Adachi is the closest thing to a decent villain that Persona has ever gotten, considering its villains are usually gods or people brainwashed/possessed by gods. Pacing is terrible, character development outside of social links more or less doesn't exist, party members are over the top anime tropes and don't act like real people, etc. Just not good writing all around. Fun and comfy game but I really don't see how anyone above the age of 18 could think it's got the best story.

Attached: 1587487106696.jpg (315x310, 21.86K)

Maruki>Ryoji>Adachi

holesome

Not sure if I classfiy Ryoji as a villain. He was just doing his job

His existence gave you the chance to stop Nyx

P3 got popular for the wrong reasons and they've been stripping away everything that made it good (along with a few welcome changes). People will just call them all QoL changes and praise them all. What is even the point of having a calendar system if they give you plenty of time to do everything plus extra?

Can't speak on P5R, haven't played it. I keep reading he's a good villain though.

Ryoji isn't a villain. He's literally there to give you information on how The Fall works and what's gonna go down, then offers you an out just because he's learned how to be "human" and has come to appreciate you and your party members as people.

>What is even the point of having a calendar system if they give you plenty of time to do everything plus extra?
Immersion, weather changes, stuff is only available on certain days so you don't do the same thing every day etc.

Innocent Sin > Eternal Punishment > P1 (Snow Queen) > P3 > P4 > P1 (SEBEC) >>>> P5

I like Ryoji but he's not a villain.

Are these worth emulating if I've already finished Persona 5? Will they hold up or did 5 have too many QoL changes?

You would genuinely have to be an adhd zoomer or a bumbling retard to think P3 and P4 don't hold up, I'm sure you'll like them.

P1/P2 are dated and hard to get into, P3/P4 are the same core experience with slightly more tedious dungeon crawling and less streamlined mechanics. Still easy, content rich games with a familiar fundamental structure.

>the entire thread of people talking about P5 being the weakest in every aspect that is not gameplay or visuals
>"is it worth it???"
If you are not an autist who cannot handle rough spots then yes, these games (P3 especially) are superior to P5. If you are then I congratulate you on being a brainlet.
The games that did age as milk and are barely playable today are P1 and both P2 games. The story's still good tho.
Play P3 FES and P4 Golden.

Both games are equally good user, it just comes down to personal preference, objectively I can probably say the gameplay in persona 4 is slightly better but stuff like music, cast, structure, themes and story all come down to which one you think is better, I prefer the themes and characters of persona 3 but I can see why someone would prefer the more chill atmosphere of 4

Attached: 1B16CD66-308B-4D37-A4E7-14CD8722D08D.jpg (370x320, 56.85K)

>character development outside of social links barely exist
You’re party members literally have to grow as a character before they join your party, the problem with it is that you don’t really know them because you had maybe a couple of scenes with them before they get kidnapped