This did it. Yakuza 0 is phenomenal

I haven't felt this much enjoyment playing video games in years. Many years. I pick this game up a few weeks back and I can't believe how much of an absolute dumbass I was to never try this games because they weren't "real GTA". After this part in the game, I knew I had made a huge mistake skipping this series for years . It reminds you all of the time that it's a damn video game and I love that!

Yakuza 0 is the reason I will buy the others.

Attached: maxresdefault(5)__01.jpg (850x720, 118.63K)

It a fucking bore of a game.
with a shit shonen story that sometime wont let you fucking skip.
gameplay is muh( pretty good time if it your first yakuza game otherwise dont bother)

If this is the most boring of the Yakuza games, that's a good damn sign. When I'm done with this, I'm popping in Yakuza Kiwama.

Attached: maxresdefault(4).jpg (1280x720, 87.92K)

from a Yakuza-bro to another, Kiwami isn't as great, at all.
wait for 3, 4, and 5 to get ported to PC.

It's not a game, it's just a series of cutscenes that you have to walk to

Really? Ok then.

I still may get with Kiwama or Kiwama 2, but I'll lower my expectations a bit. Would you say they arent great or were they disappointing (which is worse to me)

Kiwami is like a DLC of Y0. Combat is more or less the same although some mechanics are more annoying. Some boss fights are bullshit too. Less minigames as well. Kiwami 2 is a lot better. Nearly as good as 0 and you get a small continuation to the cabaret stuff in 0 too.

Attached: kiryu waiting for all the copypasta itt.webm (384x378, 278.29K)

If I've never played a Yakuza game before where should I start?

I would recommend you play one or two very different games before playing another Yakuza game, I love them but they all have the same gameplay, it might tire you out.

0 has the best gameplay and also is the first chronologically.

disappointing for someone who's first yakuza game is 0. the original PS2 games are much better.

I agree that Kiwami 1 is pretty weak. It's a good remake, but the first Yakuza had some janky game design aspects, and they hadn't quite nailed the tone that series was going for.

Kiwami 2 is pretty good. Yakuza 2 was a fantastic game and the remake is great except for a particular soundtrack choice. It uses the same engine as 6, so the combat is not quite as good as 0/K1.

I recommend you to go through K1 with your expectations lowered. Just go through the story and some of the side content that you like more and then go for the ride that is K2.

So here's the thing with me. I also got King Of Fighters XIII just in case I wouldn't really like Yakuza 0 (and I really wanted it since it looked like a fighting game Id like to play). So I should go ahead and play KoF a little after this to give it a rest and then come back in after some time. I can do that.

K1-2 are better than 3-5 though so what would waiting for them accomplish exactly.

Remaster Collection on PC when? I have a PS4 but I feel like I should wait for the PC version.

Attached: crowd.webm (852x480, 2.96M)

Thanks senpai. The worst thing for me right now would be to get Kiwama and get Mario Sunshined again. Disappointment after this being my first experience in the franchise wouldnt be great for me.

Attached: f0e1af3b-1d28-3af7-9f3e-e79ba8787c9b__01.jpg (413x487, 56.43K)

i want the fucking onomichi outfit in kiwami 2 but i'm too much of a brainlet to model swap in this engine

bad opinion

I remember it's pretty easy user. Download the tool, open a game file, drop the mod file in, save and done.

Attached: 1583411797709.webm (960x540, 2.94M)

Guys is it just me or is Kiwami vastly inferior to Zero?

I'm not your senpai, aniki.

High tier
J > 0 > K2
Mid tier
5 Kiryu > 5 Shinada > 4 Akiyama > 4 Masa > K1 > 1 > 5 Haruka/Akiyama
Low tier
5 Saejima > 4 Saejima > 4 Kiryu > 3

Haven't played 6 or original 2. I feel like the quality of 4 and 5 varies dramatically from one character to another, unlike 0 which is pretty much equally good for both characters.

You will inevitably start to feel bored. You will walk from pointless conversation to pointless conversation. You will read and read and read while character models stare at each other lifelessly. You will do the same unchallenging fights hundreds of times over where enemies pose no threat. You will stare at cutscenes that play out in the slowest way possible. You'll tell yourself the story has gripped you while trying to ignore how badly written it is.
You will wonder why Zig Forums and various ecelebs hyped up this series, and begin telling yourself that YOU must be wrong, not them. You'll tell yourself it's good just to feel a part of something.

That’s what you’re in for.

I played Zero, Kwami, and am now on Kiwami 2. The story is pretty great and Kiryu and Majima MAKE the fucking game but I had to take breaks between each game or I would have gotten burnt out.

Nah, it's a vast step down in basically every department that matters. Which is especially jarring since most people jump in to it straight from 0.

Kiwami 1 is basically a quick asset flip and the story of 1 is way too anime. It was a PS2 game what can you do. Kiwami 2 might actually be better than 0 though if you're the kind of person who really like the exploration element, since K2 cities are much better than 0 cities. And K2 story might be a bit silly but it's short and it's intense, you can't get bored.

Yup, definitely a good idea to take sizable breaks in between. Did the same as you but then went into Judgment shortly after. It's one of the better ones but I just got burnt out after the first 20 hours. Might come back to it later though.

Yakuza 0 is my first Yakuza game and, as a result, I'm heavily interested in getting the other games. That can be good or bad because if you've played the best, it's all downhill from here. Although from the looks of it, aside from Kiwama, disappointment won't really be much of an issue if Yakuza 0 is the first one played.

At the end of the day it's a remake of a mediocre game. It has a lot of mid-life ps2 game symptoms like the difficulty curve, the bosses for the sake of having bosses, and the boring side quests for the sake of having sidequests. It was in the second game that the series found its identity and strengths.

bad taste

Attached: k.jpg (1920x1080, 144.96K)

If I were you, I'd wait at least 2-3 months before playing the next one. Get the game(s) if it's on sale, but don't get burned out.

Still bummed yakuza is gonna get gay and go turn based in the next game

0, Kiwami, or 1 on PS2. There's not really a definitive answer for this question because they all have downsides.

There are way less mini games and stuff. Zero was a brand new game from the ground up. Kiwami 2 has a different combat engine but is a vastly more improved experience.

5 and 4 are some of the best games in the series, I'd take either over either Kiwami any day.

>spends 10 hours on a mountain hunting rabbits
>after spending 10 hours watching prison melodrama
>before emerging into a tiny city where you get a random encounter literally every 10 steps
Yeah 5 sure is great

The hunting was great, Saejima's section of the game should have had you get to the city eariler, but that aside it was fine.

Hunting was a single digit IQ activity in that game and they devoted a ton of time to it. Couldn't skip a lot of it either.

The hunting was fine. It was the idol shit that killed the pace of the game.

Couldn't you skip all of the hunting, except for its introduction? I could have sworn you could just go down to the city and never do it again pretty early on.

That's likely what I'm going to do. It 's just been a long time since a game this much fun. Feels like something the Dreamadt would have pushed out if it had the specs to do it.

Definitely going to get the rest of the series overtime, though. What a damn into to the series

Attached: yakuza-0-work-capture-session-screenshot-2017-01-19-14-30-09png__01__01.png (752x600, 564.16K)

This. I played Yakuza 0 through 2 and got completely burned the fuck out on the series. Doesn't help that the OST and story in 1 and 2 are nowhere near as good as 0.

Pre-ordered each of the Yakuza games that came out on Steam so far and had a blast with each of them, they're actually really fucking good and felt like a kid again playing them, first time in a while that I actually had fun playing a game and it didn't just feel like some sort of chore to go through.
Don't know how they did it but everything about it was great from the story to the gameplay itself, even if it wasn't the most groundbreaking shit, it was just FUN overall.

Attached: Yakuza Kiwami 2 2019.05.28 - 00.37.15.07.DVR.webm (748x420, 2.81M)

Meant to say it's been a long time since a game was this much fun.

why can't more games emulate NPCs and crowds like this?

>Dreamadt
Dreamcast is what should have been here. Damn.

Can't ruin what was already destroyed by that awful Saejima arc. At least Haruka's minigames were FUN.
I'm pretty sure you have to do it three times before you get to leave. Not to mention all the pointless chatting about some mountain bullshit that barely relates to anything at all

I jumped into the series last year starting with 0 and was sold at BUHREAKING ZA RAWWWWW, BUHREAKING ZA RUUUUUURES.

I do love a game that knows how to take itself seriously, but not too seriously.

Attached: 3FA39031-CB68-479A-808F-CB2134140786.gif (250x205, 879.88K)

I'm pretty sure I spent far less time on the Saejima arc than the Haruka one, and I did all of the side missions in each arc.

See this was where I felt like I was going to love this series, but I thought it was just some 1-off thing that happens. When shit kept happening all the while the serious tone was being maintained as if nothing is wrong, I knew this shit was amazing. Then the dancing at the night club happened and I knew this would be my new favorite series of the decade.

>I did all of the side missions in each arc
Well then maybe you're right but if you're just playing it casually all the prison and the mountain shit gets way more annoying than anything in Haruka's arc. I skipped most of the optional Saejima stuff and did about half of the optional Haruka stuff and Saejima still annoyed me way more. And if you want to cut something in Haruka's arc that should be Akiyama.

0 > 2 > K2 = 5 > 4 = K > 6 > 3 > 1
You started from the top so expect things to get worse from here. Also, expect the story to get extremely convoluted from 5 onwards on the list (except for 1 & 6), a lot of asspulls and stupid kojima-tier twists because Japs can't into linear storytelling.

Lastly, don't expect any of the other characters in 0 (besides Kiryu and Majima) to matter in the long run.
In fact, any character not named Kiryu, Haruka, Majima, Saejima, Date, Kazama and Daigo (and maybe Akiyama) will be largely irrelevant in the overarching story of the whole series. Warning you this now so you don't get too attached to any other character not listed above, because they will largely be forgotten and never mentioned again in later games (yes, including Nishiki, you'll see why in Kiwami).

majima>kiryu

Attached: bavqul9j1hr41.jpg (1200x1730, 211.26K)

Good post user

Weebs have such shit standards it's sad really

Don't listen to that guy. While it's true that Kiwami isn't as fun as 0 (it mostly stays true to the original which shows its age), it's still fun. Kiwami 2 on the other hand goes all out and it's just great to play, simple as.

3, 4 and 5 aren't worth "waiting for" since their gameplay (apart from 5 maybe) is similar but the story in these games reaches -10/10 "so bad it's good" levels sometimes. Play whatever is available to you right now and ignore the fact that 3, 4 and 5 exist. When they DO come out, you'll probably want to play them even more so you'll also enjoy them more which is good.

>2 better than K2
>1 worse than K1
It's the opposite in fact. 1 has value because it's so different from all the others, in a stream of very similar Yakuza games Yakuza 1 deserves attention to this day, unlike K1. 2 not so much, especially considering how great K2 is, it almost makes 2 completely irrelevant. MUH ORIGINAL SONG is about the only argument you have to support picking 2 over K2. Would've been nice to have shinsekai area in K2, but let's fact it, it wasn't exactly fleshed out in 2.

I only played the shitty english dub for 1 so it'll always be at the bottom for me.

As for 2 and K2, it's mostly because I'm a nostalgiafag for the PS2. And also K2's combat is really wonky because of the dragon engine, which I'm not a fan of. That's why if not for the story, certain minigames and Majima I would've put K2 right along with 6.

Based

Not the one you're replying to, but the combat is really the only problem with K2, and that's mostly if you've played all the other games first and got used to Kiryu's staple fighting style. My friend who'd only played 0 and K1 thought K2 was fun as fuck and found nothing wrong with it.

Bsaed user.

ichiban > majima = saejima > kiryu > akiyama > shinada > tanimura

>t. korean who played 7

Why are chinks/gooks so obsessed with Saejima?

I've played from Zero you the start of Shinada in Yakuza Five and In my opinion, Zero is the best in the series. The other games have great moments but no where near the level of charm Zero has. Yakuza Zero simply struck solid gold, it's the MGS3 of the series The other great just below it is Kiwami Two which it's new game engine, fantastic Dragon of Dojima fighting style which is incredibly fluid, plus Yakuza Two has Kiryu's best rival, Ryuji Goda. Once you get past Yakuza Two, the stories get dragged out by mundane filler content and have really stupid reasons to start a fight. Kamurocho in Yakuza 4 is excellent though, instead of going to other cities, the developers expanded the area with rooftop and underground sections making the city really enjoyable to traverse with it's maze like design, it's just a shame these areas were cut in Yakuza Five.

Attached: 1542097196247.jpg (1512x1701, 225.5K)

Oh no doubt I'm getting Kiwama and Kiwama 2. My mindset is it they are even half as fun as Yakuza 0 it's fine, but I will go in with slightly lowered expectations.

While I'm thinking about it, ARE there other games like this? Not GTA either. At this point, I prefer this to GTA many times over.