What's the best way to play the original FF7? Emulation or console?

What's the best way to play the original FF7? Emulation or console?

Attached: ff7.jpg (800x1034, 93.82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-EOROam1GDs
youtu.be/dckf-r8seks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

just get the remake

>just get the remake

Attached: 1418874922657.jpg (407x379, 17.49K)

Just finished it and its nothing like the original.

Attached: mask.png (749x739, 841.43K)

There are all sorts of mods if you play it on pc, someone else can probably tell you about it.

Steam release with mods

switch while playing in bed

Is the Switch port any good?

Are the PSN versions of FFVII and FFIX any good?

Emulate PS1 version. The ports are a mess, and no, they cannot be fixed with mods. The engine itself is broken.

The Steam release is fine, really. If you own a console you might want to get it there depending on how many JRPGs you've played, those versions have stuff like automatic grinding or whatever.

Attached: 1587876703958.jpg (1005x1508, 859.55K)

I've been playing it and it's just as good as any other port. PC version always has the randomizer mods though.

I'd recommend emulating VII because it outputs at 60fps during battles for smoother inputs (the actual animations still run at 15fps) as opposed to the port that just outputs the entire thing at 15fps and feels terrible to control.
The IX port has its problems but you won't notice them unless you're familiar with the original.

>just pay $60 for 5 hours stretched to 40 and an inconsistent story and graphics that they've fucked up by saying it won't yet will follow the original story
think the best would be PC with some mods, not sure the best though

Thanks, user.

fuck mods, play it like it was done

Does it get rid of the mouths though? They look dumb as hell.

Which is to say, just as shit as any other port.

Any tips for emulating FFVII, do you need any specific settings or something like that?

Just use Mednafen and the default PS1 core, it should work correctly out of the box.

switch version is the best

Why?

Sorry, meant to say RetroArch, Mednafen is a GBA emulator lol

Why do you say that? It honestly plays just like the PSX version does, except you get the babby mode option to limit break whenever.

Attached: EVrZzdfU8AAG0he.jpg (532x606, 46.08K)

False. All the ports are dysfunctional.

For thorough information about why only the PS1 original is definitive, watch youtube.com/watch?v=-EOROam1GDs

is the switch version the only one with a fast forward button?

mednafen is a ps1 emulator too

>Literally 15 fps instead of 60 fps
>None of the visual effects work correctly

Yeah, totally the same bro. Retard.

portable, x3 speed, random encounter toggle, FF7 on a Nintendo console
>muh small graphical issues

>muh cloud
>muh tifa
>muh aerith
die in a fire

Retroarch with a crt filter is the easiest. You can apply a patch to fix the spirit stat too.

>FF7 on a Nintendo console

And here we see what kind of retard we are dealing with

>He watches Digital Shilldry

Attached: Girls.jpg (600x536, 80.54K)

retroarch with crt royal

Attached: chrome_mAWfLt8iB9.png (521x521, 791.38K)

>FF7 on a Nintendo console
Why even mention this?

Attached: 1584856401330.jpg (280x391, 15.49K)

Attached: chrome_FJrEknOeMm.png (514x545, 729.67K)

Because all the older Final Fantasy games were on Nintendo consoles

>The Steam release is fine
The game is fine, yea. But I have to mention the launcher and the always-online DRM.

On the flipside, it turns out you can install the steam version, get rid of the launcher and regular .exe and then run that mod tool to end up with a DRM-free exe. But then why get the steam version?

>Literally 15 fps instead of 60 fps
I don't know where you're getting this information from but I'm playing it right now and it's definitely not at literally 15fps, my guy

>None of the visual effects work correctly
Again, I don't know where you're getting this information from but I'm 10 hours in and I can't recall a single visual problem anywhere.

I'd say console personally, but I can't imagine there's really going to be a meaningful difference between the two.

I need sauce now

Mods fix both of those.

> I don't know where you're getting this information from but I'm playing it right now and it's definitely not at literally 15fps, my guy

The menu and input runs at 60fps, the 3D graphics run at 15fps

On PC, the menu and input no longer runs at 60fps

it looks shit at 60fps

Here you go OP.

youtu.be/dckf-r8seks

some people mod it to shit
I prefer emulation because that's how the game looked on my giant panasonic crt in the 90s

Attached: Final Fantasy VII (USA) (Disc 1)-200501-170909.png (1317x1080, 1.63M)

Unless you get the mod that fixes it to run 60fps like the ps1 version. The battles run at 15 no matter what but the game will be running at 60 fps so the menus are responsive. The menu is the input btw don't know why you decide to separate them.

lmao get the fuck outta here negan

Are you proud of your ignorance?

>Playstation 1 on a PVM

Attached: 1581289505300.jpg (1122x900, 111.88K)

Do you enjoy not thinking for yourself and listening to paid shills? Imagine needing to watch a video to learn version differences instead of just looking it up for yourself. Zoom zoom zoom

If you haven't noticed the huge solid dark circles under every character and enemy in battle, you are blind.

If you thought those were supposed to be like that, you are retarded.

Choose one.

Notice also the broken texture filtering in the background.

Attached: ff7port.jpg (1020x571, 51.61K)

>imagine busting your ass instead of using an informative and simple video

Attached: 1576441446702.jpg (500x703, 28.85K)

Not the same user, but DF can be useful at times.
Seeing technical differences in real time is always a nice resource

I have literally been telling people about the flaws of the ports for years. This is simply a new video that vindicates what I have always been saying. I am also much older than you - chances are you weren't even born when the original came out, and that's why you don't know the differences.

So I repeat my question: Are you proud of your ignorance, little retard?

Anyone know if PSP emulation works on the Switch?
I wanna play Crisis Core to understand the backend but my laptop can't handle ppsspp.

>busting your ass
>reading is hard
lmao imagine having trouble reading a post or a wiki somewhere about the differences

>I have literally been telling people about the flaws of the ports for years
Sounds like you've been referring people to youtube videos for years. I can't image you actually bother posting about anything yourself.

>I am also much older than you - chances are you weren't even born when the original came out, and that's why you don't know the differences.
LMAO @ this larp
I own every substantial different port btw kid. The PS1 game and both the 1998 and 2013 releases. The console ports are based on the later PC releases even to the point people are trying to port mods to the switch version now. Fun fact they are limited to textures and models and not the backgrounds since the switch doesn't have access to the renderer and no one has figured out to reencode the field background textures so they can be packed into the lgp files like the battle and ui textures and models can. I know the differences far better than you and if you want to learn more kid, I'd recommend even doing something simple as googling it rather than listening to mouthbreathing retards on youtube but I guess you must be attracted to your own kind.

>So I repeat my question: Are you proud of your ignorance, little retard?
What do you think you are in some dramatic scene in a movie? lmao

Imagine being the one advocating *not* thinking for yourself and then considering yourself smart

Attached: Vergil laughing glasses2.png (509x509, 391.29K)

Based

switch version is great if you have a switch and like playing handheld

PS2 running linux running a PSX emulator of the jap international version patched for english

No one cares dumbass, we already showed you the door.

This, ignore CRT filter brainlets

PS1 on CRT > Switch in bed > PC with upscaled backgrounds

any of these are good

Attached: IMG_20200427_214906.jpg (4032x3024, 3.9M)

misswarmj