What was the point of making him gay...

What was the point of making him gay? I think this blatant politics forcing only embitters people towards gays not the opposite.

Attached: Soldier76_portrait.png (653x669, 405.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/1529100616637616
arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/IAUSv3SEBIeuPX5B9h-GWA/
glaad.org/blog/glaad’s-2019-accelerating-acceptance-index-results-show-further-decline-lgbtq-acceptance-among
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's the point of making other characters straight?

What was the point of making OP gay?

Heterosexuality is the norm so no character is "made" straight.

There was some drama going on with the league at the time so they quickly rushed out a short text story to try and distract from it.
At least Tracer’s reveal felt marginally planned out from the start and the reveal was more casually natural.

I'm not even gay and I've jerked off to this guy

Attached: soldier.jpg (942x848, 101.52K)

>be gay AND footfag
truly the lowest of humanity.

Just evoke death of the author and decide hes not actually gay

That's just heteronormative propaganda. And quite frankly I'm sick of heterosexuals injecting their politics into games making everyone straight and now too many people think the way you do.

Hypocrite.

The actual reason is to quiet legitimate criticism of Blizzard.
In modern culture, yes, but across history the majority of people have been "opportunistically bi"--that is, willing to fuck the same sex in the right circumstance.

>few million strong minority is comparable to the 7 billion strong majority
nah, you just need to get a clue.

roughly 700 million people in this world are either gay, bi, or trans. That's nearly 1 in 10

No evidence.

Studies as recent as 2013 have found that 7% of men and 13% of women polled in western countries don't identify as exclusively heterosexual

Attached: 10.1177_1529100616637616-fig1.gif (455x500, 19.68K)

forgot link
journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/1529100616637616

In fairness, that is still a minority. It's just not as tiny a one as he thought.

>Straight character flirts with other women, dates other women, has a romance plot, "wears their sexuality on their sleeve"
>Nobody gives a shit

>Gay characters flirts with other men, has a romance plot, "wears their sexuality on their sleeve"
>Wow, this is forced gayness and forced diversity
>Gay character DOESN'T flirt with anyone, doesn't say or do anything hinting that they're gay, literally would have never found out had the game or the character or the devs didn't outright tell you that they're gay
>Why did they make him gay then? It serves no purpose or point. They just did that for brownie points, this is forced gayness and forced diversity

You literally can't win, lmao

Homosexuality has been a norm too. See: The Greeks, the Japanese

Maybe the creators just genuinely feel him being gay fits, or want it to be part of his character. Maybe their capitalist overlords crunched the numbers and determined it would boost sales acceptably.

Not everything has to have a big "point"

Yes, stop normalizing faggotry is what we ask

Matching story with gameplay of the character

Funny but just a bit too far from reality to be convincing on any level

Sure. But if you make 2 characters gay in a game that's got more than 20 characters, it doesn't stand out as much as anons would want you to believe.

Imagine thinking I'm going to click some random .gif. This isn't my first day on the internet, kid. I'm not going to fall for your "epic" screamer.

>normalizing
10% of the population is gay or bi.

They didn't make them straight, people just assumed.
They made Soldier76 gay.

arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/IAUSv3SEBIeuPX5B9h-GWA/

Attached: 1537441535227.png (1920x1080, 450.52K)

Mask off, neo-Nazi. Too bad we're winning this battle. Keep crying so I can drink more cis tears.

Attached: 2398472394238.jpg (611x1200, 75.25K)

no one other than polfags actually gives a shit

>10%
You mean 3%.

They made him gay because making him Pharah's father was too predictable, so they made her father some random Canadian Native American and made him gay. Blizzard is terrible at subverting expectations, like how in Ashe's reveal cinematic she had a picture of her and McCree on her bike which clearly hints at some sort of feelings for him, but the writer said they are not and never were a thing.

Attached: Jagos.jpg (1180x800, 69.35K)

wait hes gay?i thought he fucked that sniper bitch and made the rocketjump lady

No, I mean 10%. See

>like how in Ashe's reveal cinematic she had a picture of her and McCree on her bike which clearly hints at some sort of feelings for him, but the writer said they are not and never were a thing.
wtf lmao probably make him gay too
I can't believe how incompetent they are

fair point.

Is there a canon hetero relationship other than Genji and Mercy in this game?

That's a pretty neat scam, defining "mostly hetero" as full blown gay. Notice how the actual gay categories, you know the three miniscule bars, are all 2% or less?

Did you miss what I said? I said gay or bi. I'd definite myself as mostly hetero and recognize that that makes me bi.

Genji and Mercy isn't canon that was Michael Chu self-inserting, and he doesn't work at Blizzard anymore.

Widowmaker is hetero and had a husband.
Torbjorn has a wife and a ton of kids.
Ana has some random Canadian husband

Who cares

So if you're 90% straight and 10% gay, that number should be weighted by 0.1, so it's much less than you claim.

>gay everywhere but china

That's like saying 10% pedo or 10% furry. You're a fucking pedo if you've fapped once to lolis, a furry if you fapped once to furshit, and you're a faggot if gay shit makes you hard 10% of the time

That means they don't really believe that themselves and did it just for virtue points. Really makes you think.

McCree is built for Genji

No one cares what you think

There are more characters with canonically heterosexual relationships then there are homosexual characters.
It's amazing how triggered you all get by the very existence of gay people.

conversations revolve around one person stating their opinion and another person responding. surely you're not reclusive enough that even the basic rules of discourse are foreign to you.

Jeff literally said he likes people shipping McCree with Hanzo.

i'll kick your fucking teeth in get the FUCK out my thread

Jesus christ you type like a pretentious faggot. I don't care what you think either, how's that for some discourse, fag?

then what are you doing here.

>Homosexuality has been a norm too. See: The Greeks
lol

Attached: 1567358759816.png (760x1024, 139.67K)

But that's not how the survey worked. If you are mostly hetero, then you'd fall in that category. If you fuck dudes and women somewhat evenly, you're bi. That's the problem with these dumbfuck "spectrums". What actually constitutes "mostly hetero"? Having an errant gay thought?

as long as sombra still likes bwc I don't care

Making fun of fags like you. That's right, baby need a bottle?

>he doesn't know
Oh no no no no

cringe

Blizzard/Activision literally, unironically, no jokes, no memes, thinks of turning characters gay as a currency they can use to prevent people from getting mad at them for enslaving child laborers in China or whatever shit they're currently up to. This explicitly came up in a shareholder's meeting.

>This explicitly came up in a shareholder's meeting.
did it? I'm gonna need some sources to back that up buckaroo

But I do know. It's bullshit, but every single generation a group of idiots fall for the same tripe garbage. Welcome to the last in line, idiot.

Stay mad, the Greeks were gay and your son will be too

Was it autism?

Attached: file.png (1317x4335, 2.26M)

There was a pr crisis iirc.

Posting the Superior Assault Rifle Wielding Gruff Army Man

JEWS

I think it was just bad timing, but he was confirmed gay around the same time some """"girl"""" gamer on an overwatch esports team wasn't actually playing it. She just recorded herself while some guy played for her.

Because it sure seems like autism.

Attached: file.png (923x2895, 1.44M)

A level of autism that some might call unnerving.

Attached: file.png (1540x3959, 1.23M)

I personally think it's gotta be autism.

Attached: file.png (768x1217, 623.98K)

Eating a salad once doesn't make you a vegetarian

he's based

shalom

autism upon autism upon autism

Attached: file.png (766x738, 411.99K)

>food analogy
Every fucking time

Ye, that was a fucking dumb decision. If they wanted homopony so badly, they should've made a new character and make him gay, not just turn an old one.

degenerates like you belong on a cross

Its shilling, nothing autistic about it

if I was a conspiracy theorist I'd say it was perfect timing

shut up, tubby

Astolfo is a proud gay man who kill trannies on sight.

Attached: 1577834964233.jpg (1200x542, 244.88K)

I thought making him gay was to get heat off of them for the Hong Kong thing with punishing some commentator for supporting HK

But eating a steak once DOES make you not a vegetarian. So you aren't straight if you've ever been attracted to any male, ever.

They made him gay waaaay before that

Marketing stunt. I don't think it works like that, but I believe Blizzard to be retarded enough to believe it works like that.
It gets them SJW points and you fags keep talking about it years after it happened. Meanwhile an actual homo won't give a fuck because this game sucks anyway lol

I think there was something else tho. Something bad was happening when a character was announced gay.
>get heat off of them for the Hong Kong thing
No, that was just a meme, exactly because they did it before.

this is the truth. if people weren't so insecure and they were just honest about their feelings they'd all realize that the vast majority of men have had feelings of attraction for another male at some point and all the stigma would instantly vanish. but unfortunately people are cowards and care too much about what others think.

Bait, but I will take this moment to prove that LGBTs are becoming far less accepted in America
glaad.org/blog/glaad’s-2019-accelerating-acceptance-index-results-show-further-decline-lgbtq-acceptance-among

>Mask off, neo-Nazi
They've had their masks off ever since they moved from "stop trying to change our games, don't like it, make your own" to "no no no no don't make your own games stop trying to normalise your politics".

>all the coping trannies replying to this post
Lmao they live in a completely different reality.

>Heteronormative
Godamn right it is as it should be.

Because he was "inspirational" for some kids (the perfect patriot and shieet)
So they had to subvert that, they are gay they must force acceptance.
Also check the Gonzosm youtube video, it also helped.

Grab a biology book faggots

Pretty sure they just needed good press at the time