Say something bad_ about the worst Pokémon generation

Say something bad_ about the worst Pokémon generation

Attached: Pokemon-Sun-Moon-Dated.jpg (600x338, 84.48K)

swsh is worse

I thought this as well. Haven't played since regular Sun+Moon, due to them being so bad

i'm playing them now so it may be possible but i've never quit a Pokémon as soon as i did with Sun/Moon, that shit was boring as hell

based, the alola hate is a meme

That’s not SWSH, disappointing piece of shit defended by all the shills

Sun and Moon had actual effort put in it and wasn’t rushing you through the story despite parts being obviously unfinished.

Characters were also a lot better, fuck Joe Merrick for defending the piece of shit known as SWSH

Black and White is worst. Sun and Moon's issue is too many goddamn cutscenes. SwSh is okay.

Sun and Moon’s only real flaw was the constant stops for wall of text.
Otherwise everything about it is miles better than SWSH.

>Sun and Moon had actual effort put in it and wasn’t rushing you through the story
The "story" was my biggest problem with the game. Every three fucking steps I was stuck in 20 minutes of story. After moving to the 2 island and getting an exposition dump about traveling and the new not-gym leader, I dropped it

Sun and Moon at least still have all the fucking mechanics.

They are no longer the worst but they did get me to stop playing Pokemon for good (sadly, I have alot of fond memories of playing it). I used to get at least 1 game from every generation but these came out and looked so unappealing that I never got any and stopped playing altogether. Whoever thought it was a good idea to release a new region that was island themed right after releasing a remake of Ruby/sapphire is a nigger retard. I've got island burnout, plus Hawaii is a shit theme

the girls are the only good thing from that gen

when it leaked I installed it but couldn't play it for more than a few hours due to how bad it was
I just stopped at a pokemon center and went back to showdown

this, honestly I was sick of the story, which was stupid anyway

I hate how hand holdy it's gotten

How would your ideal new 2.5d pokemon be like?

Sorry to hear about your coma. It's no longer the worst as Shit and Shite exist.

SwSh are worse console games than SM are handheld games. If compared directly though I don't see how anyone can think SwSh is a worse game.

SwSh would have been the best 3DS Pokemon game if it released on there, but it didn't and is a $60 console game instead. That's why it's bad, not because it's actually worse than the 3DS games.

I didn't like the aestetic
I did like the island challenges, though

That started in XY. In that game I always thought it was more acceptable since it feels more like a proof of concept game for 3D Pokemon and while short and incomplete, it had a bunch of features I liked and overall had the feel like it was meant to draw in new players. At the time I gave it a pass, and I still do, just on thinner margins. Doesn't help that half of the features introduced in XY were shitcanned in ruby/sapphire and then every game after that has been awful

>sun legendary
>weak to fire

Attached: 1587986349867.jpg (238x212, 6.93K)

It is equally as bad as sword/shield and likely every future game fuck you masuda die of corona virus so hopefully someone that actually cares takes over

Do you have ADHD? The game is 6 hours long.

Sorry about your buyer's remorse, but I don't let that force me to continue shit games.

I do, that's how i finished BW1

> BW1
> Shit

Attached: 1568327901490.gif (500x391, 2.05M)

Is USUM any better?

I agree 100%. It's the worst mainline.

Have you played S/M?
They're similar but USUM has more story I guess.

>words words words words words
>0 challenge outside Ghetsis and 2 or 3 veterans
>no one has more than 3 Pokemon
>map is a circle
>C-gear
>0 postgame(muh half region taken hostage with fuckall to do in it outside Lacunosa, the rest is explorable in 1 hour
>hugest amount of new mons but also hugest amount of shit ones
>game holds your hands all the way and starts with the rivals LITERALLY holding your hand into route 1
>does 1 thing right with Victini then starts the "event legendary is a gift in the pkcenter" shit that people attribute to gen 6+
>better MC sprite than past games, but that's it. Game's graphics look like shit, at least the 2D part of it is a garbled mess, this right after gen 4 which had the best battle sprites in the series. Some of the best 3D in the system though
And more.

Unironically good for ditching the chibi bullshit that can never work in 3D

USUM is weird, there's a couple of things they did better but not enough to justify a purchase unless you really wanna get more mega stones or didn't play vanilla SM. They also managed to make the plot worse and Rotomdex is annoying as all hell.

Too much water

Attached: 1561488554070.png (556x278, 440.88K)

It would be easier to point out the things Sun/Moon did right:
>Stock Pokemon to fly/ride/push boulders for you
>Boss Pokemon
>”Gym Leaders” that are few but memorable by interacting through the main story
And that’s about it.

>routes are too linear
>unskipapple cutscenes
>Terrible networking interface
>Wasted potential (see: Kanto gym & photo studio)
>Rotom dex
>Lillie

Too many cutscenes, getting rid of hoard encounters (easier to do shiny checks/grind for EVs).

That's not Gen 6.

Gen 7 had too many squandered premises.

>Hey let's age up Red and blue and make them battleable!
>You meet them immediately upon going to the Battle tree and they both suck your dick like the rest of the game's cast so any surprise or impact by this is gone
>Hey let's make a bait-and-switch twist where the super goody two-shoes organization is actually the game's evil team!
>Lusamine's entire MO is "I want to have sex with a jellyfish from another dimension."
>Let's make alternate forms of certain 'mons to better give the region its own identity!
>All of them are KANTOOOOOO and all of them are low-hanging fruit as fuck besides Golem and Dugtrio
>Let's grow the series up a bit and make the world fully-scaled and the story have more prescence and impact!
>Every island except Poni is a lap back to the dock with one or two branching paths each, story sinks the entire game between everyone praising the air you breathe and the constant unskippable cutscenes dragging the game down

The Alola dex gave us some GOAT-ass mons at least but gen 7 was a wet fart and the Ultra games barely fixed anything compared to prior rereleases.

Attached: 1587011765711.png (500x378, 213.19K)

Most of this applies to every other Pokemon game

You're right, but except gen 5fags and HGSS fags nobody defends those things.

Fuck you, that made the game good. Diving under water was cool as fuck and the devs saved it for the last two gyms making it a nice change of pace at the part of the franchise that is usually the least interesting. (Gyms 7+8, the games pick up a bit for the elite 4)

Attached: wat.png (443x347, 308.94K)

>liking DUDE WATER LMAO

yikes

And you know what motherfucker, I'm posting twice just because it also occured to me that you don't even get to use surf until after the 4th gym. So for nearly half the damn game you don't fight one damn tentacool. And like I said earlier, the last 20% of the game revolves around diving under water, you're basically just surfing around for 2 gym battles, then you dive for some shit, do the last 2 gyms, and fight the elite 4.

People who share your opinion are faggots of the highest caliber.

Attached: you-are-the-blackest.jpg (1294x478, 115.1K)

Such a wrong opinion

retarded opinion

My problem isn't too much water, it's that the water is pretty much all the same.
It all looks the same, has most of the same pokemon, the diving areas are pretty much identical.
Just kinda blends together and feels repetitive.

That started in Crystal actually.

The moment Masuda first took over he started by adding in the linear Eusine shit locking away one of the box legends.