Trials of Mana

How faw awe you guys?
What does youw team wook wike?

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.84M)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/924980/discussions/0/4379130767056945589/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Please tell me this game comes with a Nipon dub.

Not only can you change everything to jap.
You can even choose the original music.

Doing a NG+ Hawkeye/Retard/Wetard run

Honestly shocked how much I ended up liking this game. The pacing almost has that arcade game quality

Just gone done with everything except leveling to 99, which I'm not gonna bother with. Time for a new playthrough with the characters I didn't pick, I guess. I should probably take a day off to not burn out in the middle of the second playthrough but I'm locked inside and fucking bored.

Attached: 20200501153917_1.jpg (1920x1080, 131.45K)

>retard/wetard
are those Charlotte and Kevin? Or Charlotte and Angela?

God Charlotte makes my heart jump out of my chest, I want a daughter so bad

gulag

Attached: firecunt.webm (1280x720, 2.62M)

How can you forget the biggest retard?

Attached: 1581711149704.gif (250x250, 18.26K)

If Charlotte is 15 years old that means someone was looking after her for 5 years while he was still in a baby form.

This would mean (if Seiken Densetsu have human biology) she had super baby learning and pick up language, sorcery etc. extremely fast, also explains why elves are autistic.

But she is an elf mutt so maybe that explains why she talks like a wetard

Riesz and Charlotte from the sound of it.

Rogue spells scaled from Agi/Dex in the original, and Luck in this game.

Basically think of Luck in the remake as a combination of Agi/Dex and Luck from the original.

>she had super baby learning and pick up language
Did you see the Kevin ending montage in the credits? Babies have fucking superpowers in this universe.

Does it have real subtitles for the Japanese audio, or horrible dubtitles like FF7R?

No its horrible euro dub, if you make your own translation patch if you know how to unpack unreal engine

steamcommunity.com/app/924980/discussions/0/4379130767056945589/

Best you can get, you have to deal with some shitty changes he made

Change forms+ seems kind of broken for normal encounters. Multi hitting spell that makes enemies level 1

No, I meant the subtitles.
Do they translate the Japanese audio to the subs, or they show the English dub audio?

This game has no right to be this fun.

Attached: watercunt.webm (1280x720, 1.7M)

>changing names of characters
Man, are we in the fucking 90s or what fgsfds.

that's what i mean horrible english SUB*

So a few threads ago people were saying it sold really well. Where does the mana series go from here? Would you play a Secret of Evermore remake?

Attached: SR_0010.jpg (640x853, 100.09K)

Can I reset my level yet? Update?

Belladonna

Attached: deadly whispers.png (391x311, 8.53K)

The translation is pretty spotty. A lot of names were changed and don't match what people are saying some of the time.

Beat everything, wish the post game was a bit more expansive barely got to use my 3rd and 4th jobs and shitting on the entire game from NG+ isn't super appealing.

Attached: haha.webm (1280x720, 2.22M)

Its what happens when fagget trannies get control of anything.
These people are professionals, they literally came from tumblr.

Damn.
Well, fuck.

whats up with pirating this game. its a fucking mess

Only Hawkeye and his and Riesz boss missing for me. Probably gonna join them with Angela again. The eyecandy is just too strong to resist.

Begone poorfag

Attached: Undine_%28Seiken_Densetsu_3%29.png (340x393, 115.46K)

I've played Secret of Evermore like three times and I still can't remember what actually happens in the damn game. It's just that forgettable.

Meanwhile in Secret of Mana I can pretty much mentally run from the beginning of the game ot the end (excepting the mode 7 world map which I never got the hang of).

I don't claim to know Japanese, but know enough "anime dialogue" to notice this changes in, as I said, FF7R.
I'll wait for a sale then.
I think that Judgment game had 2 subtitles options, for Jap audio and dub dubtitles, yet fucking Squenix cant do that in their games.

dude same

Attached: 1564897677285.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

Man, I want put my sperm on her mouth so bad.

>the Kevin ending montage in the credits
I fucking loved that scene. one of my favorite story additions to the game besides duran and kevin fighting their dads to get their Class 4 orbs.

>Game looks it's from 2009
>Poor translation in the year 2020, especially when we're not in the PSX days anymore
>Barely anything to do post game
>Gameplay is sluggish and more slow than the original
>Your party members barely has relevancy in the story
>Everything is extremely linear
>The villages are all empty with personality
>Reclasses are lazy looking than unique
>The VA for the dub is garbage
>The game is easy except for one boss that's early game
>The models are very rigid, showing they didn't care putting much of a effort for animation
>Charging full price for a game like this for $60
>There's barely any risks in the game
>Everything is utterly predictable
>Doesn't bother to change things up to make things interesting
>It feels like Dragon Quest but all of the stuff that made Dragon Quest good been sucked out
>Game is very short but feel like it's artificially padded out
>Animations for spells looks worse than the original
>The ost is worse than the original
>Textures are over-saturated
>The combat is too easy despite the terrible gameplay
>The final boss is a joke
>The only replay value is just different party members, nothing else
>Looks worse than FF13, a game that was on previous gen
>Switch version plays like shit
>Will likely never be cracked since it's protected by Devuno and nobody is gonna bother cracking a soulless remake over other games
>The game is likely to have poor sales since it's a remake nobody asked for(Inb4 somebody say something about FF7R being a remake nobody asked for)
>The story is more bland and generic than the plot in Mario and Luigi RPG titles
>Only getting attention because it's to combat FF7R posts here
>Only getting attention because people are using as a example on how you do a remake, which is wrong since this game is on the same level of being a terrible remake like Majora Mask 3D
>Only getting attention because furry faggots or coomers
How long will it take for you to go back to /vg/

Attached: 1588328202792.gif (752x752, 58.16K)

doesn't it also jew you out of most/all the exp for that fight? I haven't played around with it yet, but that's how it worked in the original game.

>Still in Japan after one weeks
Looks like it's never ever fwor me.

volcano island after the ghost ship
light riesz/angela, dark kevin
might swap one of them to dark for cumslut costumes

Fair point, I don't remember anything about SoE either. Sometimes I'm not even sure if it was a real game or a fever dream and I have to go google it to remind myself that I'm still sane. It's just got that permanent association with mana games in my head for obvious reasons.

Attached: d7fuvk5-6eccd0f5-028b-4d40-b19d-ac9a5c82bf28.jpg (1063x1500, 130.92K)

Why do you talk like this OwO?

I’m always here user

Attached: 4169D8D1-549E-47C5-B98A-5898A19D8C2C.jpg (750x879, 378.88K)

Do I need to play past games?
I beat Legend (Adventure? can't recall its name) on PSV, bought Secret on PS4 but still haven't played it.

No you don't. You might get a kick out of playing the original SD3 first but that sounds boring to do unless you've REALLY got nothing better to do and like snes jrpgs.

Becwase it's cute and fwunny

>only 3 more years and Charlotte is legal age (human years)

what now heath

>How faw awe you guys?
on my third run. just got to palo with Hawk, Riesz, Angela.
on my first 2 runs I used all 6 characters and then made some extra saves at the end so I could check out every class. anyone have questions about any class?

>Play Riesz/Hawkeye route
>Meet the Kevin/Charlotte villain
>Immediate route regret

Hint: lower the resolution and cap file size at 2.95 MB, so they won't look this shitty.

1983 fag here, so I love SNES JRPGs.
IIRC, the Switch collection has the original titles, should I buy that, are the Secret and Trials remakes good or did they lose any charm compared to the originals?

nah, Riesz is not a retard

>Do I need to play past games?
not really. the games take place hundreds of years apart (or maybe on different worlds that all have mana trees?) so you don't need to play previous games to understand the story in this one.

>Game wooks it's fwom 2009
>Poow twanswation in the yeaw 2020, especiawwy when we'we not in the PSX days anymowe
>Bawewy anything to do post game
>Gamepway is swuggish and mowe swow than the owiginaw
>Youw pawty membews bawewy has wewevancy in the stowy
>Evewything is extwemewy wineaw
>The viwwages awe aww empty with pewsonawity
>wecwasses awe wazy wooking than unique
>The VA fow the dub is gawbage
>The game is easy except fow one boss that's eawwy game
>The modews awe vewy wigid, showing they didn't cawe putting much of a effowt fow animation
>Chawging fuww pwice fow a game wike this fow $60
>Thewe's bawewy any wisks in the game
>Evewything is uttewwy pwedictabwe
>Doesn't bothew to change things up to make things intewesting
>It feews wike Dwagon Quest but aww of the stuff that made Dwagon Quest good been sucked out
>Game is vewy showt but feew wike it's awtificiawwy padded out
>Animations fow spewws wooks wowse than the owiginaw
>The ost is wowse than the owiginaw
>Textuwes awe ovew-satuwated
>The combat is too easy despite the tewwibwe gamepway
>The finaw boss is a joke
>The onwy wepway vawue is just diffewent pawty membews, nothing ewse
>wooks wowse than FF13, a game that was on pwevious gen
>Switch vewsion pways wike shit
>Wiww wikewy nevew be cwacked since it's pwotected by Devuno and nobody is gonna bothew cwacking a souwwess wemake ovew othew games
>The game is wikewy to have poow sawes since it's a wemake nobody asked fow(Inb4 somebody say something about FF7w being a wemake nobody asked fow)
>The stowy is mowe bwand and genewic than the pwot in Mawio and wuigi wPG titwes
>Onwy getting attention because it's to combat FF7w posts hewe
>Onwy getting attention because peopwe awe using as a exampwe on how you do a wemake, which is wwong since this game is on the same wevew of being a tewwibwe wemake wike Majowa Mask 3D
>Onwy getting attention because fuwwy faggots ow coomews

Attached: 1588198207820.png (211x264, 102.85K)

I really want a completely new game so the devs can take full advantage of what they've built up here, but considering the bonus content they seem to be setting up remaking everything

Duran/Angela = Mondragon
Kevin/Charlotte= Dark Lich
Riez/Hawk = Archdemon

Is this correct?

Secret of Evermore is really a cool game and I loved the 4 or 5 ? different settings with each survivor. It made me think about a book like that, can't remember the name.
But I don't know... it would lack something to really hook players of today. Look at this Trial of Mana, this is super kawaii and there are a lot of fap baits but Secreft of Evermore you play as a young male, alone with your dog, no one is really sexy in it and the gameplay/settings won't be as satisfying for the mass. Dunno... would be cool clearly but I don't think Square would risk it.

The translator interprets simple lines wrong. So it's already shit before localisation is involved. But that's par for the course for game translations.

Yes.

I have the Switch collection and they work fine from what I've seen (haven't played through ToM in the collection though because I had just finished a run on the SNES ROM).
FFA is surprisingly good. I never played it as a kid (so I have no nostalgia for it) but I had a lot of fun playing through it in the Collection.
Combat in SoM is kind of a mess. getting back to 100% after swinging your weapon takes an obnoxious amount of time and leveling magic is annoying. but I still think it's worth a playthrough - especially if you love SNES JRPGs.

I've heard people say the Secret remake wasn't so hot, but I don't know myself. By Trials remake do you mean... this one we're talking about in the thread? I think it lost a bit of it's charm in that it's streamlined with objective markers and faster exp gain, and it's just not quite the same obviously as it's an action combat game now. I still think it's the benchmark against which remakes should be measured though, it's pretty excellent.

As far as playing the original version, I dunno I'd honestly say emulate it because that's how we all did it as kids, I don't think it ever got an official NA release. I don't know how easy it is to find ROMs and stuff anymore though, I haven't done it in like two decades. Someone told me ZSNES is dead a while back and that made me want to shed a tear like I lost an old friend.

Attached: Popoi_(Remake).jpg (340x444, 32.79K)

Finished the story but can't play postgame because I'm a pirate scum and the game crashes. Waiting for rinru to go back online and see if there's a workaround.

Just so you guys know

The cats sell class specific items, i'm not sure if they are missable but you can reset your class and buy them again if you want

I also think the equipment seed item rewards maybe tied to your class as well in terms of what drops

I'm playing the original version, my party is Duran, Riesz, Kevin.
When do you get access to spells or classes? I just got past the ghost ship, and I found it weird that they gave the boss the ability to silence me, even though I had no access to spells in the first place.

VERY
HARD
MODE
WHEN

I played the demo and it was alright but it felt weird how the characters barely seemed to interact. I had Hawkeye as my first character and Reisz as my second, you'd think they'd talk about how the former's people fucked over the latter's people but it never comes up. Does that change further into the game or something?

Sex with children doesn't hurt them.

Not really, they talk a little bit and a little bit more if they are paired but for the most part everyone just kind of has their independent opinion on whatever's happening.

The first time you get access to classes is when you can touch the Windstone but you have to grind levels to be able to do it then. You'll be getting opportunities to do it again shortly after you unlock the sea travel and go get the rest of the elementals.

If you had Angela or Charlotte in your party you'd be able to do magic already. Your party will be able to after they class change.

I'm not expecting an official one, will have to hope for some modder to do it.

Beizel market, to the back and right.

I wish they at least ported the two other remakes to steam, its so weird the only game they have on steam is the remake of the third game

I'm almost finished with my NG+ run to see a second endboss

>I really want a completely new game so the devs can take full advantage of what they've built up here
yeah that would be great. I would love playing a new game that is similar to ToM remake even if it isn't a direct sequel (or even if it isn't even a Mana game)

Now, I'm not gonna read all that shit but
>Reclasses are lazy looking than unique
Is a blatant fucking lie.

Attached: Duran Classes.png (650x501, 353.98K)

At first i felt a little troubled at how short i was.
But then i remember how convoluted the world was in SD3 which made me run back and forth all over the place. Some filler was cut out of this game.

I meant resetting my characters to level 1 for NG+.

Don't get me wrong I'd love other entries to get remade and as much attention, especially ones like Dawn which have neat ideas but lacking execution. But to really take advantage of what they made here it would need an original structure.

Is Edelfrei good? He's gonna be in my NG+ party.

Probably his best class.

Just done my 1st play through with Angel/Riesz/Hawkeye. Moved straight onto my 2nd lay through with Duran/Kevin/Charlotte.

>The cats sell class specific items, i'm not sure if they are missable but you can reset your class and buy them again if you want
yes. for any shop that sells 2 of the same weapon (e.g. 2 Swords), the weaker weapon is for all classes for that character and the stronger weapon is only for classes that match your first class change (for example, if I have Gladiator Duran the stronger weapon can only be used by Gladiator, Edelfrei, Duelist, and Berserker).

>I also think the equipment seed item rewards maybe tied to your class as well in terms of what drops
this is also true. the high level equipment from seeds can only be used by certain classes. some are for all Light (or all Dark) classes, but the strongest ones are only for a specific Tier 3 class (they can still be used by their corresponding Tier 4 class).
I think there is also brand new gear that is only for Tier 4 classes but I could be wrong.

My team: Riesz(Starlancer)->Angela(ArchMage)->Hawkeye(Ninja Master) (vid related)
I am right before the final boss, taking a break to do other things (like this)

I picked the team and premeditated what classes I would use long in advance. I wanted a low offense high strategy setup having heard the game is a cake walk. I also avoided putting training points into Strength for all the characters.

Nonetheless, I cheesed most of the game with the stat buffs/debuffs, Angela's spammy Level 2 spells and sabers/claws. The only game overs I got were on the damn fireplace, bill and ben, once on bucca island because of the petrifying wanker birds, and then no game overs up until taking on the darkness benevodon, where I died twice to its hell cross. The vampire nigger in dark cave was a bit annoying with low offense too but by that point I was accruing training points so fast and had nowhere else to use them but on the Strength asset.

Ultimately would like a Very Hard mode.

I thought about classes long in advance when picking the

Attached: riesz_cgw.webm (854x480, 2.45M)

How's divine fist vs fatal fist?
And edelfrei vs duelist?

I'm going for full physical dakka this run but some spells are fine too.

I think if the post game was part of the main game it would be hitting just about the right length for what the core systems have to offer. Then have some big extras for those who want it. If you think about it this game is basically set out like lots of action stages with a boss or level complete at the end. Not much would really change with a level select added

I'm going to play the original once I've done this run to get a full feel for that. I heard it has some glitches though with stats, are there any fixes for that?

>I had Hawkeye as my first character and Reisz as my second, you'd think they'd talk about how the former's people fucked over the latter's people
if your main and sub 1 are Duran and Angela, they do have an extra conversation about the Crimson Wizard when they first meet.

>tfw beat game 4 times now
I think I can beat the game plus post-game in 15ish hours now. I don't want to go back to FF7R bit im running out of things to do. Maybe I'll do Vanadid and strength Charlie meme run

Attached: 1586497930894.png (848x848, 421.82K)

Just play in Japanese

it's pretty awesome

Hawk tells Riesz all the ninjas were being brainwashed and how he needs to stop Isabelle and that's basically all they cover about that subject

>shields give fuck all protection
>it is essentially a cosmetic slot
soul

There are cool mods like Sin of Mana which fixes most glitches but changes everything around it.

In SD3 AGI and LUK only really work for Hawk, and even then barely. fucking crits don't work.
The combat is filled with glitches.
Sometimes enemies are dead but they keep running around for 5 seconds.
Sometimes i've been able to throw 10 punches in 3 seconds.
Sometimes i haven't been able to attack at all for 6 seconds without cause.

It's a really messy game in a comfy package, so this remake is just what it needed.
All i could really wish for is higher production quality, little bit of balancing, and perhaps expand on tier 4 story/abilities.

Does fourth tier class give a new A/B combo?

Hawk stops Riesz from killing a brainwashed thief later in the story, and he explains that it's all mega tits' fault.

welcome to ab games

kevin makes riesz take the knot!

Attached: 1578661407675.png (626x890, 981.63K)

Is this really what it should look like when you make a remake of the 25 years old hidden masterpiece?

Attached: 602111f1.jpg (980x551, 118.23K)

Nope

Class 4 just gives you a new passive, a new cinematic class strike and more training abilites to unlock. It's just a glorified upgrade to Class 3.

yes

The elemental reduction is good

>Xan Bie
Who the fuck designed this boss fight

First time I got game over was at the second Bill and Ben fight. And only because I didn't know they resurrect each others so I had spent all my resources for that battle. Killed other one first and then was supposed to kill the second one
After that I knew what to do and it was easy again. Does the game have at least some post game content with secret bosses that are more challenging?

In the first game, shields were purely cosmetic on accident.

It does have post game content but the game makes you so ludicrously overpowered by the end that it ends up not being that hard.

shame

Legend remake when? I want to get my succ wife and feed her all the rocket papayas.

Attached: 1587711762249.png (1644x1290, 2.57M)

So, I just beat the post game dungeon. And I can say with absolute certainty that Angela Class 4 absolutely rapes the game.

Edelfrei shits all over Duelist, since his skills are so much better than the nominal stat advantage gives in return.

yes

Correction, once Angela learns the big 28 mp meteor spell. She rapes the game.

You don't say?

Someone who clearly thought the game was going to have co-op.

NG Hard, Dark/Dark Kevin, Light Charlotte, Light Angela. Just beat the first Benevodon.

The game levels you up a lot faster than I remember, I definitely didn't have any tier 3 classes at the beginning of the second half when I played on the SNES

Gigachad. Hope you fought Xan Bie at Salamando day.

I ended up basically having to solo this.

>I think I can beat the game plus post-game in 15ish hours now.
I just finished NG+ without postgame in ~5 hours. Watched all the new dialogue, but skipped the one I already knew.
The playthrough I did before (no NG+, but with Postgame-dungeon) was 12 hours, the one before that ~17 hours.
It's a really fast game if you know what you are doing.

You people shit relentlessly on Rune Seer Angela, but I just easily did all of Anise's challenge runs with a Spellbinder evolved from Rune Seer. Feels like she'd only really be "bad" if there was PvP.

Because you level slow as fuck in SD3.
Many people actually class changed around the 6/7th benevodon, which is really late.
I think changing once for the spirits and changing a second time for the benevodons is the perfect timing.

Not bad, others are just even more unga in an easy game.

The moral of the story is that magic is fucking broken, full stop

Attached: 1557560141305.webm (852x480, 2.7M)

Are the benevodons really halfway through the game? It felt a lot more like 3/4.

Can't imagine any of the classes doing really bad desu.

This is mostly because traveling becomes really convenient while the beginning is mostly walking around and talking.

I'm sorry? Was this post supposed to be proof of the contrary? Look at those lazy ass designs. Liege and Paladin are 99% similar to each other and Knight is just Fighter with more Armor. You'd think they'd actually give Liege a cape or something properly regal but nope. Practically just a recolor.
Bottom half is okay, little bit samey too but not nearly as bad as the top tree.

>inb4 faithfulness
his hair doesn't even change color in this version. That user is 100% on the money about how lazy this shit is.

Attached: 1587118705918.gif (500x364, 14.31K)

So what's the point of including so many sexy monsters and villains in this game?

I must concentrate on gameplay but constant boner easily get me there.

>divine fist vs fatal fist
obviously, divine fist's Healing Light is handy (but he can't multitarget it).
Divine Fist's Nature Aura was awesome in original game (filled tech gauge to full for one character) but the new version of the spell is underwhelming from what I've seen (it's just a buff that increases CS gain).
Fatal Fist's one spell is Moon Energy (boost crit chance) which seems quite good.
Divine Fist has a lot of passives to boost his CSes and let him use them more frequently.
Fatal Fist mostly just has passives that give him unga bunga damage.
personally I prefer Fatal Fist unless you will get a lot of mileage out of Divine Fist's heals. Abyssal Slice (Brawler's CS) is quite good for bosses since they cannot move out of the animation for it.
>edelfrei vs duelist
I like Edelfrei more. in the base game, Duelist was better at unga bunga, but now Edelfrei gets Offensive Stance (40% increased attack, 40% decreased defense) which probably puts him over Duelist in most situations. most attacks can be dodged anyway so the downside of isn't a big deal if you are controlling Duran.
also, one of the reasons Duelist was cool in the original game is that Dark Saber claws are annoying to farm. but in this version you can just buy them at black market after you find the cactus 30 times.

bwased

>Anise's dungeons
Any particularly good areas to farm for more seeds? I managed to max out my magic pot while getting good gear from gold seeds til I got even better stuff from the rainbow seeds.
I can easily see myself trying to stockpile on rainbow seeds for future parties in this place while also praying to Rngesus of Mana to get the best equipment for my current party and grinding said party to 99.

does she have lewds costumes? SHe obviously wont, like Veronica in DQ XI, but I can hope.

pls respond. Ill buy this game asap if so.

Equip More Encounter ability and just run between two fights spamming your AoE CS.

Only her Warlock costume shows her armpits.

all this fluffy talk.

>The game levels you up a lot faster than I remember,
yes. you do level a lot faster in this one. I think it's a great change because you get to spend less time with your base class and more time with your tier 3 class.

About to start Kevin/Chawwote route.
Who carries the story more?

>More Encounter ability
Which I get from where? I'm running Duran/Angela/Kevin currently and I don't believe either have that. Unless it's a chain ability, then I missed it somewhere.

pics for all her costumes?
One of them might do it for me.

Attached: 1564101639238.webm (888x500, 2.9M)

It's a chain ability from the ghost dude in Beiser.
He should be at the docks at night. Maybe you can still get it.

You have to find the i'M a GhoOooOoOoOOOST guy in Besir at night after the ghost ship. I don't think it's missable.

What should I do for Charlotte and Angela? LD or LL?

Remember in Breiser that guy who is fascinated with ghosts? Talk to him again.

Are all chain abilities exclusive to each class of each character? I was thinking how many playthroughs it would take to collect them all if they were.

No

Attached: 1587919172598.jpg (1920x1080, 309.48K)

Warlock is the closest she gets and I wouldn't call it lewd.

Oh, so THAT'S where that quote is from.
Gotta wait til I finish Angela's portion of this dungeon then I can back out and go look.

Attached: 1585856428106.jpg (2802x4000, 781.54K)

kekked

Attached: 1586043850333.jpg (342x342, 55.5K)