Why is it that all of a sudden a 1:1 remaking of FF7 is bad. That people would had found it boring...

Why is it that all of a sudden a 1:1 remaking of FF7 is bad. That people would had found it boring. What is Crash and Spyro remakes? What about Xenobale Chronicels Definitive or Trial of mana? Feels like people are in denial trying to convents themselves that time ghosts and alternate timelines are fine.

Attached: Screenshot_2020-05-01 screen-shot-2019-09-26-at-11-29-49-am png (WEBP Image, 1200 × 675 pixels).png (1200x675, 1.22M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KgtBM23ltuw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's shills.

>Trials of Mana and Spyro are 1:1 remakes

Why would you defend such a lazy idea, specially when the original already is ported to every platform?
Even if they did stuff 1:1 you would have complained about "muh soulless" in no midi music, no prerendered backgrounds and what not. And it the end you would have call it a lazy cashgrab, they just didnt get it, and go back to the original which has "soul".

ESL go home.

Anyone that didn't instantly drop this shit the minute they removed turn based combat is a retard.

FF7's turn based combat is the laziest, most boring system even among other JRPGs.
Even at the time, it offered nothing new, completely lazy.
No "still better than an ARPG approach" isn't a valid criticism.

>Crash and Spyro remakes
Everybody loves the originals right now
>FF7 remake
If you find a kid that likes the original congratulations,there is tons of milllions of sales in the 6 -18yo market that wouldnt have bought the game otherwise.

>convents

Lost odyssey and DQXI showed you can have a modem jrpg with turn based combat and make it engaging and fun still. I can go back to any turn based game and still have lots of fun. I Think you just don't like traditional jrpgs and would rather play some mindless button masher with pretty effects.

They obviously wanted to make more money than those games.

The FF7R System is better than both those systems. It’s gratifying to play while keeping the core of the resource management and weakness exploiting of turn based systems. Anybody who describes FF7R as a ARPG either hasn’t played the game or hasn’t played an ARPG

It basically was 1:1 they changed like 1% of the content SHUT TEH FUCK UP AND STOP MAKING THREADS

But you didn't even drop it, it still lives rent free in your head, forcing you to reply to threads on an anonymous image board

It's just cope. People are upset they bought a Remake that isn't a remake and are coping trying to say it's better. I'd be mad too.

they are capitalizing on the popularity of the game to sell episodes retard

Not true.

Its just OG FFags coping

Its true and i bet my house on it, fag.

>Lost odessey
>modern

What they did is actually lazier. They didn't have the confidence in themselves to elevate the already existing story with new technology, so they decided to subvert the audience thus freeing themselves from any sort of expectations.

No one cares we are all talking about TLOU2 now, this game was relevant for like a week you can move on now.

it's shills.
up til recently most people were expecting a remake. now that it's a compilation sequel the same people who were hyping up a remake need to backpedal and change course.
>w-well a remake would be b-boring anyway it's better to turn it into kingdom hearts.

literally noone with has ever shit on a remake for being too faithful. this shit does not happen. you're a fucking loser nutcase.

The time jannies are just bait for anyone who's against remakes to make them think the game will have a different narrative. I guarantee you that the next parts will barley divert from ff7's original plot

Lost Odyssey 'gameplay'
youtube.com/watch?v=KgtBM23ltuw
>walk a few steps
>invisible random encounter triggers
>almost 1 minute long loading screen/transition animation
>simplistic menu-based gameplay
>every attack requires you to do a qte
>even the most trivial encounters take minutes due to incredibly slow animations
>no positioning, no movement, no concept of distance, area of effect or friendly fire
>gameplay doesn't even utilize the story premise of playing as an amnesiac immortal, it plays out like any bogstandard jrpg
>the game is shamelesly padded out with braindead copy-pasted random encounters that trigger every few steps
>only one battle theme for normal battles in the entire game despite being 50+ hours long and combat being extremely frequent

>"engaging and fun"

>Why is it that all of a sudden a 1:1 remaking of FF7 is bad.
It isn't, but screeching at the new ending for Part 1 of the Remake is just as annoying.

Sometimes, it's okay to like what came before and still look forward to the whatever's coming next. If THAT'S shit, then it's okay to screech.

that's the angle the marketing department said they should push.

The game is so so good, on the good parts, but so bad in others.

Main complains.
Too much Sephirot, they dont let the original story occur naturally. what will be the next game climax battle now? Sephirot redux?
Shinra caused the explosions.
That faggy cringe dance.
Too much foreshadowing, yes we all know the story by now but it seems like they cant fucking wait to tell you "THIS STILL HAPPENS" "HANG ON AND PLEASE UNDERSTAND AND WAIT FOR THE 3RD or 4TG INSTALLMENT!"

Top OST though.

It's a trend that you take an old story or franchise, re-introduce it with the same characters and all, but change it in a way it's "welcoming" to a new audience. Entertainment nowadays don't last for too long, by the next month they are replaced by something else.
People will shit on nostalgia, but the moment they present it to them in a new refreshing way they suddenly don't mind consuming a thing that's older than a decade. On the other hand, the nostalgia fags will get mad if it deviates far too much or little from the original.

Who knows, maybe we all are creatively bankrupt.

Attached: b58.png (672x777, 311.74K)

the meta narrative is also the most bitchy, autistic and pretentious shit ever.
>We the devs are the protagonists
>you the fans are the bad time ghosts getting in the way of us making the story we want
>you just need to fuck off and let us make an original story we want to tell
>old bad new good
Except they marketed the game as a remake the entire campaign was "old good" gib nostalgia bucks.
Square have been making the stories they want this entire time. they are not victims they are not held hostage.
they've been shitting out garbage like compilation, nu-FF, kingdomhearts this entire time and guess what it's all trash.
which is why they had to go back and ride the coatales of their most popular game FF7. a remake.
so the one and only time they actually had to show restraint they turn around and bitch
>OMG what do you want from us? why do you expect us to show some respect and restraint? just give us your money you fucking pay pigs! Leave us alone to do what we want!
no self awareness from nomura at all.

If this is FF7 Rebuild, where's Mari?

Ultimania pretty clearly shows the conflict between the vision and the implementation. From the very start, Nomura meant this to be a rebuild, if not the 5th installment of the compilation. Obviously, SE knew that route wouldn't make them as much money so they decided to market it from a different direction. Nomura probably didn't fuss, because he wanted the audience to be surprised and left with questions.

The flip-side is that Nomura wanted to be far more restrained for the first entry. There were no time jannies, no Sephiroth, none of that shit. That all came later. He wanted the big change to be fucking Biggs, which I personally think would have been great and subtle. But the scope and vision shifted over production.

I don't know where him supposedly finding out he was the director at the last minute falls into this, though.

shills, contrarians, people suffering PPR

Actually the 7 seconds to the end line was suppose to be in also but they didn't know where. It was when Hamaguchi made the argument to fight Sephiroth that they put it in at that point

Because ff7r has the stamp of their japanese slavemaster Nomura.

>nomura
>reserved

lmao kid

He was reserved though....until the last 2 hours of the game.

All I know is that Ultimania is giving me seriously mixed messages on what this game was envisioned as and what we got. On one hand, they started with an idea I don't like, but they had decent ideas about how to pull it off. As production went on, it seems like things drifted, bloated, and got out of hand, so they managed to pull of certain things but completely fucked up on others.

Hey, I'm just saying what was in the interview. It straight up says things weren't nearly so fucking ham-handed to begin with.

you need to go back and watch the cutscenes again.
putting time visions of the future and AC sephiroths feather in the bombing mission and then having sephiroth turn up right after then every hour after that (along with the time ghosts turning up instantly) is not reserved at all he's a fucking child.

A remake lets them fix what they fucked up, so the entirety of 7 will be fixed because it was terrible once you left Midgar.