Should we fix a bug to stop players from cheating online?

>should we fix a bug to stop players from cheating online?
>no, let's just perma ban them!

nintendolife.com/news/2020/05/the_pokemon_company_begins_to_ban_sword_and_shield_players_who_deliberately_disconnect_from_online_battles

Defend this, pokedrones

Attached: 1586282035780.jpg (446x449, 45.96K)

Serves you right for playing SwoShit.

>implying
Showdown is 100% better and 100% less expensive

i don't even play it but fuck those kinds of people, fixing the bug won't make them stop being faggots

>Punish faggots for acting like faggots
I don't see the problem here?

Agreed. You also have much less underaged to deal with.

>retards that buy nu pokemon get banned
good

The terminology being used is off. It's actually an exploit. Here's the context for folks not interested in the link:

>We are able to confirm that a number of players have been disconnecting from the Internet to manipulate their win/loss records for online battles and tournaments.

>From now on, if we determine that players abuse this bug for their own gain in online battles and tournaments, we will not hesitate to temporarily ban or even permanently ban players from accessing online play in Pokemon Sword and Shield.

Basically, if you exploit the game by disconnecting/cutting off power to prevent yourself from losing pints/the other player from gaining points when you lose, they'll ban you.

Seems fair.

>ragequitting
>a bunch of virgin manchildren Nintendo fans ragequitting on their tiny little Nintendo Tablet
lmfao

I don't play this, what kind of bug allows you to disconnect? I could just turn off the console to the same effect no?

Don't DCs count as losses?

I miss tomboys from the 90s.

Attached: 1582250327501.jpg (1080x1349, 111.54K)

They're all dykes/transmen now. Just move on.

swsh is cringe but this is based. filter out all the shitty players

That's what it is People are disconnecting to prevent getting a loss on their record or to prevent the person who beat them from logging a win.

I enjoy playing ranked battles on sword and shield

But oh boy the amount of lazy ID no.0000000
Cheaters you encounter online is embarrassing you would imagine Nintendo's paid online service actually working.

Attached: IMG_20200418_145724.jpg (4096x2305, 713.75K)

>IT'S NOT THEIR FAULT THEY CHEATED!
>YOU GAVE THEM A SMALL WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY TO CHEAT! WHAT WERE THEY SUPPOSED TO DO? NOT CHEAT?!

Lmfao.

They should have implemented this years ago in previous games. Lord knows how many people just up and quit the second things stop going their way.

>playing pokemon shit
>at all
you deserved it

Based

Attached: ragequit.jpg (366x246, 20.73K)

Incredibly based

This, dc = loss has been the standard way of dealing with this for decades.

>playing pokemon shit
He said Sword and Shield, not DPPt.

>NOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T JUST EXPLOIT THE BUGS IN GAMES THAT WE REFUSE TO FIX! WE WILL TAKE AWAY ALL YOUR ONLINE FUNCTIONALITIES AND LOWER YOUR SOCIAL CREDIT SCORE!
okay chang

Sounds based.

why not both?

>Chinks
>Anti-cheating
For chinks, cheating is only bad when you get caught.

That's a thing for absolutely everyone in any kind of business..

So they're banning people who rage quit to protect their rankings?
I don't see the problem here

>playing pokemon
>in current year
That's the real crime.

Attached: 1552274554620.jpg (600x580, 170.46K)

Why the fuck won't developers just say "Hey if you're the one that loses connection from the match you lose"? What is so fucking difficult about this?

Sometimes disconnects happen, so that'd be pretty shitty if you had bad luck and disconnected. But I still think it would be better, yeah.

It's your shitty Internet, either fix it or get fucked.

Good

Can't wait until Nintendo starts perma banning faggots who sell Animal Crossing villagers for actual money.

>if you exploit the game by disconnecting/cutting off power to prevent yourself from losing pints/the other player from gaining points when you lose, they'll ban you.
Man this happened to me twice the other day. I was stomping some faggot in a ranked match and they disconnect right as I KO their last Pokemon

I mean, maybe in most games. This only became a thing in Pokémon starting with X/Y.

The fact that they have to do it manually here means Gen 8 has literally regressed below Gen 5 in their coding capability because even those games could time you out on their own.

>Zig Forums : rage quitting gets you perma banned from all online in a game instead of lowering your rank in said game? Based based based!
Translated from retard to english: its okay when nintendo does it!

>Do thing you shouldn't
>Suffer consequences

>"BUT WHYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!"

Lmao, you're so fucked.

>But officer! The car door was unlocked and the keys were inside! How is it my fault that I stole it when it was BEGGING me to do so! I shouldn't be punished.

Good, fuck rage quitters. Take the loss you cheeto-encrusted fuck

>you: a schizo with hateboner on nintendo for god knows what reason
People like that deserve a ban no matter what platform.

That feels like it should be a trivial problem. Let the other player record a win and give the other player a mark. You get 2 free disconnects every 24 hours, after that they start counting as losses.

Sure it might be gamed a little but the issue kind of solves itself since the sore losers can only play up to two losses before they have to stop for the day.

Or maybe make a game with actual comeback potential? Not the players fault if the game encourages you to dc. Imagine asking professional chess players to actually play their games to completion.

>comparing GTA to cheating in online videogames
You're clearly very detached from reality. Stick to food analogies.