Why is the art of FFXII so good...

Why is the art of FFXII so good? Imagine a next-gen JRPG delivering on a Babylon-like city instead of having to visit slums for 15 hours

Attached: FFXII Art.jpg (2500x3536, 912.72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E923dGvCs0E
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortress_(cancelled_video_game)
youtube.com/watch?v=-YzdzYbEWOg
unseen64.net/2009/09/08/fortress-final-fantasy-xbox-360-ps3-cancelled/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I want them to remake everything up to this so Revenant Wings has a chance to be included

Attached: 1581335794317.jpg (750x732, 44.75K)

It really is nice. Too bad the game itself is a festering pile of shit.

There should be a sequel that depicts the events that lead to Ivalice's destruction too

I enjoyed that festering pile of shit.

Just like any other game in the series. Except that game has better art

because the art was done by Akihiko Yoshida, arguably one of the best fantasy artists. He now works for cygames pumping out gacha shit. There will never be another AAA game, rpg or not, with art design on the level of XII again

XII was peak Final Fantasy in every aspect.

>XII was peak Final Fantasy in every aspect

Yeah, it's hard to get much more boring than that.

This art was done by Isamu Kamikokuryo and he was the art director of FFXII. Check his shit, he is based.
This madman does the art with oil painting

agreed. They were making a sequel for ps3 where you play as basch, ashe is queen, the game was going to have completely active combat and large explorable zones. There is development video out there showing off clips, as well as an entire song from the games OST. It was being made by GRIN before square enix cancelled the game due to it looking not japanese enough (something they specifically requested). The cancellation of the game essentially shuttered GRIN.

Incorrect. He is one of the directors of CyDesignation, which is a subsidiary of CyGames. He has been free to lease his talent for any project that wants to pay him and his artists, and has done so multiple times for Square and PlatinumGames. He has done work for FFXIV, Nier Automata, and Bravely Second, all of which came out after his work with CyGames on Granblue Fantasy. He's also doing work for Unsung Story, which is due out this year, supposedly.

My god, that is exquisite. Do you have any more?

>unsung story
shut up, please, just shut up
FFXII art dump? kay

Attached: 1495251388702.jpg (645x380, 77.07K)

Attached: ff12-misc02.jpg (760x1075, 234.84K)

This one was also Kamikokuryo for FFXII but back in 2005

Attached: Archades.jpg (1200x1741, 687.63K)

is this one also kamikokuryo? I was always under the impression this was yoshida

Attached: muthru bazaar.jpg (645x380, 97.06K)

This game is like a James Cameron movie. You can feel there is an unbelievable amount of hard work and love put behind it that took a lot of time and sweat to finish. Even if the graph are nothing compared to what modern technology can give, you can't help but still be amazed at how polished it is

Attached: Paddran_Society_Artwork.jpg (1920x2560, 1.97M)

why is there no FFXII official art book aside from the booklet that was released around the game's original release?

Attached: balfonheim.jpg (850x1600, 227.92K)

Kamikokuryo is much more a background artist than a character artist so the faces are never as detailed as Yoshida.
Everything Yoshida has good faces and INSANELY detailed clothes. They said the reason FF12 aren't featured as much in crossovers is because it's super hard for 3D modelers to do justice to the amount of detail Yoshida put in clothes

collectors strategy guide comes with an art section, 20ish pages.

Attached: nabudis.jpg (1100x800, 196.08K)

What's worse about that book is that's mostly renders
youtube.com/watch?v=E923dGvCs0E

well shit, what is kamikokuryo up to these days then?

Attached: nalbina.jpg (595x380, 88.81K)

20 is too little, smallest artbook I have is 168 pages.

This one is the most recent piece of art for FFXII (2019) and it was done by Kamikokuryo too

Attached: FFXII ARTWORK2.jpg (1527x2160, 2.97M)

Those airships are just sex.

Wow didn't know this, but maybe its cancellation was for the better since FF went to shit right after with XIII. I can't imagine how bastardized XII 2 would've been.

He recently drew Gabranth and Penelo for the trading card game.
He is currently an art lead for Gungrave GORE, the sequel of that PS2 game. He is mostly freelance

Attached: Gabranth TCG.jpg (471x621, 238.98K)

it was known as project Fortress en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortress_(cancelled_video_game)

youtube.com/watch?v=-YzdzYbEWOg

I was gonna post that one
that being on the rear cover art made me buy it
air vehicle design was magical

Attached: DSC09153.jpg (1200x1600, 315K)

The airships in FFXII are too good. People say it's Star Wars but in reality they look like some eldritch horror made out of mechanical parts. They really made it look like if they were summons trapped in a flesh of metal

Attached: Ifrit FFXII.png (650x500, 454.03K)

that one (the one with the airships and blue background) has been my phone background ever since the game came out.

Feast your eyes on the concept art for it.

unseen64.net/2009/09/08/fortress-final-fantasy-xbox-360-ps3-cancelled/

So, I got the PS4 version of XII, I don't need the switch version right? Did they really update the PS4 version with the new features as well?
I've been thinking about replaying it, but haven't since I didn't want to buy it again for switch, but it's a different story if it really got updated.

This is the Alexander. It basically hosts an entire town inside it. It's a carrier class airship designed to carry a ton of smaller airships for war.

Attached: Alexander FFXII.png (1327x2053, 2.23M)

its an honest crime what happened to GRIN at the hands of square enix, such a shame that this was never picked up. I would kill for another serious game set in the ivalice universe.