Dark Souls II

im gonna play DS2 for the first time
its my first time with souls series so give me some tips

Attached: DARK-SOULS-II-2-BUNDLE-3-DLC-PL-STEAM-BONUS.jpg (283x400, 42.2K)

here's a tip: skip DS2 and just start with the first DS

Skip it

what, why? you fuckers told me 2 was the best one

2 is the worst one, but if you like souls then you'll enjoy it.

Scholar?

Just play blind dude.

It is ignore them

level up ADP

>you fuckers
ds2 trannies told you, now start with remastered or 3, or fucking hell play bloodborne but don't and don't god forbid play dark souls 2

Why would you start in the middle of the series? Why would you start with the worst game?

you can get regular upgrade materials and souls to just buy them fairly consistently, so level whatever weapons you want to use to +3 or +6 without fear and experiment as much as you want

The pursuer is really easy to parry so do that. powerstance poison daggers and throw shit at enemies for delicious poison cheese

>Focus on the storyline as it's one of the more straight forward ones in the whole series.
>Also you should focus on getting better at dodging since for a good number of bosses being fast is key to beating them.
>Dont worry about having additional healing hp stuff as your bottle sun juice will be all you need. Though you would be needing the other stuff like poison heal and etc for the right areas.
>If all you care about is having the highest damage, then stick with the Dragon Tooth weapon.
>The game keeps track of all the souls you've acquired and will match you to someone that has collected around the same range as you, so if you dont see any signs or get invaded you're prob too low or high in soul memory and no, you cannot remove souls from soul memory, so if your too high you'll have to remake a toon.
>the frigid outskirts area is completely pointless. So don't even bother with it unless you just want to kill all the bosses in the game.
And that's about all I remember but since I last touched the game it was back in 2014 after getting all the achievements that matter to me. The rest is your standard dark souls tips.

Attached: proof.png (335x227, 72.73K)

It is but 1trannies and 3tards hate it

Dark Souls 2 is very different from all the other games. You and other people can think whatever of it, but it's not a good jumping-on point.

Don't fall for sorcery. Miracles, maybe. Get a mace, strike damage is amazingly OP in 2.

You can summon an NPC for almost every boss in the game - some of the harder ones, you can summon two. The NPCs have plotlines you can only complete by summoning them for bosses and making sure they live to the end of the fight; they give you good equipment as rewards.

You can set an area to NG+ by burning a bonfire ascetic at the relevant bonfire, which also respawns any bosses. A lot of bosses drop very powerful rings when you beat them on NG+.

The scorpion is a friend.

Don't listen to these cucks
DS2 Sotfs is great

Attached: ds2 chad.jpg (1378x1041, 359.55K)

>BU-BU BUT GANKSQUADS
Dark Souls 3 did it worse.

>B-BU-BUT MUH INTERCONNECTION CONSISTENCY
It's a VIDEO GAME. They prioritized gameplay and environmental diversity over pandering to your autism.

>B-B-B-BUT BROKEN HITBOXES
Literally every Souls game has them.

Dark Souls 2 is the best Dark Souls PERIOD.
>least linear in the series
>most diverse environments in the series
>longest in the series
>most amount of weapons in the series
>most amount of armor and customization in the series
>biggest build variety in the series
>most amount of magic/miracles/hex/pyros
>best online mode in the series
>easiest to start a build in the series
>best girls in the series
>best and most SOULful covenants
>dual wielding and power stance
>respec
>offers rewards for fun challenges such as no death run
>NG+ has new enemies/items/events and some remixed bosses
>the only game in the series which doesn't force you to grind
>3 weapon slots in each hand
>4 ring slots
>reddit hates it

QOL improvements introduced by Dark Souls 2
>you can skip logos at startup (without mods)
>R3 to jump
>you can choose how many of the same item you want to consume at the same time
>weapon durability bar below weapon icon
>inventory items displayed in grids instead of list
>climb ladders faster and being able to let go of ladders
>roll through doors to open them faster
>can turn a specific area to NG+ mode (Bonfire Ascetic)
>can continue your playthrough after beating the last boss and can choose when to start NG+
>controller vibrates when summoned

Attached: 37F368C4-378A-4ED5-9A56-C37A4D0E74C1.jpg (1117x1182, 179.63K)

People who like 1 and 3 hate 2, people who like 2 hate 1 and 3
I like 1, but don't like 2, and didn't really feel 3.
That's the general trend, so please draw your own conclusions.

Attached: thanks_poise.webm (640x427, 2.26M)

2 is fucking good, these fucking losers can kick rocks

Best Souls game.

I genuinely love all 3.

Also, last night I summoned 2 dudes at the start of iron keep and they both just ran into the lava and died. What is up with that?

Thanks to the sunbros who helped me steamroller the whole level.

>least linear in the series
objectively wrong
>best online mode in the series
soul memory
>best girls in the series
subjectively wrong

other than that, >opinions ใงใ™ใ‚ˆ

That's a pretty bad strawman argument in the image, you can roll spam MORE effectively in 2 than 1.

Not true, rollspam in DS1 is punished less than in Bloodborne (instability frames)

Don't use the Estoc or Rapier. Don't use Hexes. Burn the windmill.

>People who like 1 and 3 hate 2
For me it's 1 >>> 2 >>>>>>>> 3

strike damage and hexes are king

>he doesn't attack animation cancel his rolls in 2
It's not even an advanced tech, and it breaks the game in half. Don't get me wrong, I like 2, let's just get the facts straight.

>Perhaps you've been filtered

Attached: old-lady-e1399312936662.jpg (640x360, 50.78K)

I like 1 and 2

>People who like 1 and 3 hate 2, people who like 2 hate 1 and 3
this is completely inaccurate, I'd say like 90% of the people who like 2 have 1 or 3 as their favorite and 80% of the people who like 1 and 3 don't like 2

*and 20% of the people who like 1 and 3 don't like 2