Do people actually like turn-based combat?

Do people actually like turn-based combat?

Attached: suiko.jpg (474x355, 47.45K)

not me. the only challenge is not getting one shotted

Yup, a lot of people love it.
Some people like eating shit as well. Not saying it's the same thing, but it's something to consider.

What is there not to like? It's fun, relatively easy, and doesn't require a ton of effort to play. Not every game needs you to be 200iq brain blasting all the time in an RTS or having cracked out muscle twitches in FPSes.

Considering how good DQ11 sold yeah

i never understood why someone would choose to play an easy game. how is it fun?

I understand up to the PS1 generation needed to pad out a "Massive adventure" game due to technological limitations but post PS2 it's the laziest shit ever. Who wants to wait through 3 loading screens every time you get into combat?

Go zoom somwhere else.

I like the ATB system from ffiv and onwards.

Yes.

Attached: 42522846.jpg (800x800, 391.71K)

I love it

You're probably younger than me, trying to look older because you want to fit here. But hey, age doesn't really matter and you're still a fucking moron.

Do people actually like RTwP? Seriously who does this system appeal to?

>RTwP
Real Time... Well... Played?

Attached: vXylg.png (431x557, 301.37K)

real time with pause, faggot

I fucking love turn based games.

so like a rts that pause when you select your units?

Rape tom with penny

It can be really fun if it's fast paced and the casting times are not slow.

Race turtles with pirates??

bet this nigga plays his games on easy

Turn-based has a lot of potential that was never realized. It could have become chess but instead the closest we get to non-artificial difficulty are pattern bosses.

kinda
it's like wrpg or the sims
you queue up actions, everything runs in real time BUT you can also pause it and do your stuff there

i love it
also, what game is that?

Yes. I don't know why zoomers make such a big deal out of denouncing turn based games. Is it because there are no popular e-celebs playing them?

Suikoden 2: Rise of my cock

I usually hate turn-based combat, but mostly when it has a lot of menus. I played For the King and loved it because you just have to pick an action with the mouse.

Normies cant into turn based. They'd rather smash circle repeatedly.

It is perfectly enjoyable for some genres.
Not everything has to play the same.

My problem with turn-based games is that there is always a best combination of moves that always makes you win and executing it takes no skill because you have infinite time to take your turns. Any fight you win isn't because you played well, it's because you knew the lock combination of moves required to beat it.

Also since the Japanese have made so many of these fucking party-based turn-based combat games it means there is no more room for innovation so if you've played one you've played them all. Obviously there are some exceptions like Undertale "combat".

OP here. I literally only asked if people liked turn-based combat. I didn't ask for any of you faggots to write your life story.

Attached: read.jpg (640x640, 36.81K)

Yes since Dragon Quest made 12 Billion, FF made 26 Billion, Pokemon made 100 Billion. And no WRPG franchise has even reached 3 Billion outside of WoW

I enjoy it when there's enough bite in them. Dragon Quest and SMT tends to do well with that. DQ tends to be more tamer but you still need to use different status and debuffs to get around certain enemies (unless you want to grind).

fuck off retard, us boomers grew out of turn based back in the 90s when technology finally made real time feasible for RPGs. it's only you retarded zoomers who like turn based shit now because you think its retro cool.

You weren’t asking a real genuine question that you wanted to learn the answer to.

Yes.

some ppl like sitting on a couch, as actors play out the roles on screen, giving them absolutely nothing to do, but sit there and just watch.

aka... some times we feel liek action games, and sometimes we feel like fucking chillin.
(and sometimes ppl are just shit at games, but want a tiny bit more interaction than a movie)

who knows, its a mystery.

Attached: EVujhXcWsAEgAu9.jpg (768x256, 69.22K)

OP here, disregard that, I suck cocks

Not OP, but I'm 26, love Legend of Legaia, Wild Arms 2, Breath of Fire IV, Final Fantasy 7 and 8, Vagrant Story, and the old school Pokemons. Used to like the genre a bit in a time where gameplay was still limited because of technology. Nowadays, it really seems stupid to go back to that kind of playstyle, since it doesn't really make things "easier" or "harder" in any way, and only takes the fun out of actual combat. Even casual garbage like Assassins Creed's system makes more sense in RPGs than fucking waiting for the enemy to strike and then clicking the optimal option for every character. Dragon's Dogma is an example of FUN combat with typical "party RPG" build mechanics, which is what you turn-base-fags claim is the most important aspect of it. Even Final Fantasy XII did it well. They wanted to make a combat that wasn't complete bullshit but appealing to your typical UI loving cryfags and the result was good.