Gamers helping Devs

Looking at Zig Forums as a community of game enthusiasts, its become clear to me that there is no better place for game developers to ask for help / feedback / critique on their game projects. With such an impressive knowledge base on game mechanics and design, the information found here from gamers can be an invaluable resource for prospective developers.

So to all the Game Devs, please post a video (or picture) of your game, as well as a short description of what you're working on that needs feedback.

Gamers, please help your fellow Devs by giving them some honest critique (or praise) - you're advice could directly influence the games of tomorrow.

Attached: engines.jpg (1280x664, 136.39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CuQzPDs99yM
kickstarter.com/projects/pastaspace/underspace/posts/2886047
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bumperino

I would need help but is not with coding, I am having some issues with sculpting in Blender, mostly when I need to remesh things.

Attached: clipboards.png (1071x888, 313.61K)

I highly doubt anyone from the gaming industry posts on Zig Forums

Is this to make game ready assets? You should watch some youtube tutorials on retopology, then try it on some simple models.
youtube.com/watch?v=CuQzPDs99yM

This is for gamers to help indie devs. I dont expect any AAA game studios to come here.
Helping indie's is better, your advice can make a serious impact.

Attached: sculptris.jpg (640x640, 78.19K)

eh, i'm just working on a shitty low poly 3d plat former

Well here is the place to get advice from gamers. Post a vid with a little description!

My problem there was doing some sculpting and then having to remesh, once I have joined some meshes I needed to remesh to smooth areas which results in those elements fusing like that, increasing voxel size at that point just eats up resources, I tried scaling up the objects but it ends up with the same issues.

Unfortunately I think you're going to have to manually cut those toes user.. dont think there is a magic bullet for this issue

Yeah, I guess I'll just tweak some values on a program like Make human and only sculpt the alienish head, then use the retopo head directly on the base body with some minor tweaks.

>Corona Labs

LMAO WUT why would you name it after a fucking virus xD idiots

Alright since not too many devs are posting, Imma ask for some advice / feedback.

How to appeal to both casual and hardcore gamers when it comes to car build / customization in a racing / battling game.

Is there such a thing as too many options for customization? Currently working out the build system.

Attached: 106617803_276719253762199_7516645058085661104_n.jpg (1920x998, 125.23K)

I'm pretty sure they just changed the name. It's solar something now

Make a frog. Or fix things manually.
Also retopoflow is a thing too.

how do I learn to make music

Attached: 1578370248195.png (268x273, 71.81K)

get a pirated version of FLStudio and start experimenting

by making music

>Is there such a thing as too many options for customization?
Yes. Especially if you want to appeal to casual. Too many options will cause choice overload and then they'll just freeze and choose not to choose instead.

>game enthusiasm board
>asking dev advice on Zig Forums
sorry, nobody here actually plays gæms

Attached: when the idea guy has no idea.jpg (1080x1598, 673.84K)

Yeah this is my fear.. so Im trying to figure out what the limit is. Does this sound resonable?

Layer 1) Car Frame (Base)
Layer 2) Body Sections (aka - hood, front, side panels, back)
Layer 3) Mechanical (aka - engine, suspension, boost --> connects to frame)
Layer 4) Components (armor, weapons, abilities, spoilers, etc --> attach to body)

Body's paint job can be customized.

>going for in between pic related

Attached: customize.jpg (300x336, 119.71K)

kek milk came out from may nose..
that fag for sure is ded by now, RIP!

Download LMMS (free) and watch some tutorials.

sunvox masterrace

Make a place for autist to be autistic. Maybe some fine tuning thing. Casuals will go as is, autists will autise. You know, like these guys who make cute anime girls decals from insane combination of simple shapes.

Read about scales and just slap some notes together.

Dicking around with a spin on Hearthstone Battlegrounds style autobattler with anime girls generated by a neural network as cards.

Attached: waifu battlegrounds.webm (1280x720, 1.66M)

download fl studio
read up on chord progressions

I can't get my quadtree to work. It keeps checking for collision with a bunch of objects that are really far away, and I can't figure out why.

Working on robe variants and hair stuff, also posted this month's devlog.
kickstarter.com/projects/pastaspace/underspace/posts/2886047

Attached: UnderspaceLawyersAndTradersAndSoldiersOhMy.png (1379x583, 1.02M)

damn, what a dead thread

Yeah it needs actual devs to post and follow the OP instructions.

If I post here I'm not working, it's an horrible cycle of inactivity.

Just play with this for around 1 hour
beepbox.co