Why didn't Nintendo put GBA games on the 3DS eshop?

Why didn't Nintendo put GBA games on the 3DS eshop?

Attached: 3max.jpg (1000x923, 503.39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

digiex.net/threads/new-super-ultimate-injector-3ds-inject-nes-snes-gb-gbc-gba-smd-gamegear-turbigrafx-16-roms.15394/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because they hate money.

Because, like the big brained geniuses that they are, they instead put GBA and DS Virtual Console on WiiU.

For some reason they didn't feel like making the ambassador gba vc official, which is mind boggling. Was there an issue with the emulator? There was an nes ambassador emu too, which was replaced with a different one later. With VC injects on the 3ds, almost all gba games work great so I have no clue if there was any issue.

digiex.net/threads/new-super-ultimate-injector-3ds-inject-nes-snes-gb-gbc-gba-smd-gamegear-turbigrafx-16-roms.15394/
(obv requires cfw)

The 3DS has a DS inside it so it can natively run GBA games. The ambassador GBA VC forced the 3DS to go into the DS's GBA mode which means no going to the menu and doing any other stuff while playing GBA games, I guess they didn't like that.

Gotta say though it's comfy propping my wii u pad up next to my computer and using the pro controller to play the megaman battle network games while watching youtube shit.

Issues that it was a barebones emulator. Can't savestate, remind, or even load states. Also apparently the games look a bit weird since they have light issues.
I'd imagine they were planning to include GBA VC but had trouble to properly do it right so they did it on Wii U.

I doubt most people would've given a shit about it being barebones, they would've made loads of money.

I did have some extremely minor graphical glitches in Superstar Saga where the screen flashed green like 3 times across the entire game. that was probably enough of an excuse for them to cancel everything

The 3DS library is already massive, no single handheld could be allowed to wield that much power

Recently got 3ds and installed cfw. Any "must have" homebrew shit or whatever?

Twilight menu

>doktor, turn off my cia inhibitors

This is Nintendo we're talking about. They're more obsessed making the emulator most perfect than straight out dumping a bare bones emulator for everyone.
Although I really wish they do GBA VC right on the 3DS. Just imagine being being able to download the Mario Advance series off of 3DS Eshop. Would have been great.

Is it still possible to install CFW on the New 3DS and inject GBA games, and would the eshop still be accessible? also is there a risk of my console getting banned by Nintendo, I heard they banned loads of 3DSes back when Pokemon Sun and Moon released. I'm also worried they might ban my Switch too.

GBA games on the 3DS don't use an emulator, it uses the actual hardware inside using a mode called AGB_FIRM which allows GBA games to be played due to having a similar CPU architecture to the DS/GBA. Nintendo probably wanted it to be perfect, with the save state/resume option and not having to reboot in such a different state to work, since they couldn't do that they probably scrapped the idea. We had to wait until the N3DS before we could get SNES VC because Nintendo wanted no compromises.

If you’re worried about losing access to the eShop and Online then don’t use your primary 3DS for that shit.

If you access the e-shop with pirated DLC it will wipe the tickets and you will have to re-install it to work. Updating games straight from the system menu is won't cause any issues. There is always a risk of getting banned when going online, but Nintendo hasn't banned any 3DS consoles for going online with CFW for a long time, the latest bans were for going online with major games like Pokemon before they released.

Hmm okay. I guess it's supposed to play ds games so I don't need ds anymore. I'll look into it, thanks.

Sometimes god or mommy installs gba games, but sometimes I do.

Attached: 20200527_160847.jpg (3088x3088, 2.84M)

Vita did backcompat right.

>GBA version of 6 over SNES

artificial demand

DS still looks better at native resolution.

bump

From my experience Twilight Menu isn’t so reliable to play DS games.
The 3DS already plays DS games natively and in their native resolution.
If you wanna play DS games get a flash cart.

I've flashcart. but nothing seems to happen if I put it in.

>install CFW
>get banned by Nintendo
Why do you retards do this?

>install CFW
>sighax means it appears to Nintendo as OFW
>don't get banned

The true retards are the ones who do this with their main 3DS.
At this point anyone who has a 3DS probably have one or two more floating around. Just use one of those for your CFW needs.

hardware wasn't powerful enough to emulate 3DS games 100% cycle-accurately (to Nintendo's standards); and booting GBA roms into DS Compatibility mode wasn't up to Nintendo's standards either- no sleep mode, no home menu, no online; and Nintendo wasn't happy with that.

Ambassador GBA games weren't emulated- they were running on hardware. Since the 3DS had a DS mode for running legacy cartridges, the GBA games that Ambassadors got were actually ROMs that ran on the DS mode in a really hacky way. They 'worked' but they weren't ideal enough for Nintendo to sell.

>immediately unban myself

Attached: 1443460051694.png (520x600, 289.63K)

they hate money

Couldn't they ban the NNID?

Forget GBA on eShop. Nintendo really dropped the ball by not releasing Virtual Boy games onto the eShop.

I love gba

why would you not hack your 3ds, then realize it's shit and not even worth turning on?

Attached: 1496336940257.jpg (403x403, 18.48K)