How does it compare to other games in the series?

how does it compare to other games in the series?

Attached: file.png (316x316, 291.51K)

Beats most of the others by a pretty big margin in my opinion. This game / FoMT and the Wonderful Life games are probably the best in the series, except this one doesn't have tedious realism mechanics like needing to breed cows so they keep producing milk. Might get a little repetitive after the first year but it's a lot of fun and the characters are a lot more likable than any of the ones in the rest of the series

Attached: BTN_Horse_Race.jpg (460x350, 126.13K)

It was one of, if not the best in the series.

Attached: Ch_Karen_(Harvest_Moon-_FoMT).png (708x1140, 850.49K)

How long does it take to get to normal gameplay? I mean how long the introduction/kind of tutorial section take to end?

It's the best one besides maybe 64 or Friends of Mineral Town (which is a remake of it)

loading times were brutal iirc

My first cuck experience since I had the PAL version.

Introductory stuff is mostly out of the way after the first few days. If you mean how long until you've got some animals and established a routine I usually have things rolling at a steady pace after the first season

i love mineral town its how i got introduced to harvest moon. That and its easy to find emulations of it

Yeah, this is my first HM game, but I'm not feeling it yet. Its pretty good looking so I'll keep going

How is the story of seasons switch reboot?

Attached: 1565303005013.png (1376x1048, 1.47M)

Worse, better, better, better, worse
It's good. It plays the same as the original with a few things smoothed over. If you can look past the art generally being worse it's not bad

So chibi moeblob nonsense but same gameplay? New one looks promising

Yeah, well, you're gay

Mostly it's good, the redesigned characters are a big personal opinion thing, you either hate them or don't mind them. Gameplay wise the only thing they took out is the potential love interests marrying other characters if you don't go after them or take too long, which you may see as a good or bad thing.

I love how FoMT contains a vacation house that you cannot obtain until your character is over 100 years old in-universe

Why did they do it?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 102.46K)

It's good that you can't get locked out of a marriage because of it but since it takes so long for NPCs to marry anyway it's not like you wouldn't marry the girl of your choice before they'd marry someone else anyway. So that part in particular is worse in the remake because everyone besides your spouse is just alone forever

Attached: Art02.jpg (460x350, 95.13K)

Seconded

it is the best.

The only thing that it lacks though is more interactions and events with the girls past the first two heart colors. The rest is just amazing.

Zack's the worst one. Not only does it not look like him, it just looks bad

Attached: SoSZack.png (783x1246, 546.28K)

None compares to the franchise's GOAT

Attached: Harvest_Moon_-_A_Wonderful_Life_Coverart.png (256x356, 219.67K)

It's arguably the best one. Definitely give it a try.

>turning a cute tomboy into a generic girly girl
how the fuck is that better

Soul/soulless is a meme they said

Don't talk about Ran that way

Attached: Sos_fomt_ran_blushing.png (650x650, 360.8K)

what the FUCK

it gets tiring after the 2nd year, the game has a lot of soul not gonna lie

holy shit. this is the guy who collects your shipment right?

>no cute iconic overalls, to complete your farmer couple aesthetic
>no longer a cute tomboy with a cheeky vibe
>ran, more like popuri 2.0

AWL's really good too, about as good as BtN as far as gameplay goes. Only thing is I really don't care for any of the girls. Lumina's probably the best but even then she's not as good as my least favorite BtN girl. They're just flat

My favorite is unironically the original SNES one. It was just intensely comfy. Maybe the comfiest game ever.

Yup. They did him real dirty

Attached: Zack-1-.gif (160x154, 9.68K)

The female characters are all an improvement even the Harvest Goddess is great. Male characters are hit and miss but made worse for the most part.
Basil is really terrible too.

My first Harvest Moon was Wonderful Life, Mineral Town was my second. At the time I was blown away by the fact that a GBA game had so many more features and details than it's GameCube counterpart.

She has the same personality. The fact that she took her overalls off doesn't make her less of a tomboy, it just means she doesn't look like she's 9 years old anymore

Attached: Sos_fomt_ran_angry.png (650x650, 314.27K)

>cringe

BTN is a little weird since the relationships between the characters in the village that made much more sense in 64 were all switched around. I wonder why all the other games decided to stay with BTN's version instead of 64.