/fast/ general - no snekman this time edition

/fast/ing general

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>Snake juice:
youtube.com/watch?v=-s-xjsR89XI

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns

>IF AND LIFTING:
leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html?

>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>Doesn't salt make you explode?
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8

WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING KETO:
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8

>autophagy:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3106288/
greatist.com/live/autophagy-fasting-exercise
dietdoctor.com/renew-body-fasting-autophagy
selfhacked.com/blog/autophagy-benefits-and-how-to-harness/
roguehealthandfitness.com/intermittent-fasting-boosters-autophagy-enhancers/
roguehealthandfitness.com/coffee-is-associated-with-lower-death-rates/
tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.4161/auto.1.3.2017?needAccess=true

>Fung talks and lectures:
Dr. Jason Fung - 'Therapeutic Fasting - Solving the Two-Compartment Problem'
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE

Attached: sips.jpg (500x748, 67.97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

scoobysworkshop.com/beginning-workout-plan/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=YpllomiDMX0
youtube.com/watch?v=QAyxsnYsAdA
amazon.com/Vinegar-Capsules-Formula-Appetite-suppressant/dp/B07GNZNNFN
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Previous thread:

Can you fast while smoking weed? I know you’ll feel hungrier but will it have any adverse health effects?

weed is bad for you, why not treat fasting days as your cut and on eating days enjoy your weed. It'll be stronger and youll get more out of fasting

Why would you want to smoke weed while fasting (or at all)?
I agree with , it's probably not a bad idea and you'll be mentally tougher.

My eyes got really blurry on the last day of my 72 hour. I read online that it could be an electrolyte problem so I'll take snake juice when I do another one next week.

>16:8 fasting
>still having around 1800 calories a day
Is there a point if I’m still wrong the same compared to not fasting?

>I know you’ll feel hungrier
Man you have no idea. You can feel every cell screaming for food when you are really high if you have fasted a few days. It's an experience to be had, but not a great one.

Maybe a small bonus from the lack of multiple insulin spikes, but you could always fast longer.

Does anyone else like to cook while fasting?

Last 72 fast I did I made fudge, and then made ice-cream with it.

Are you insane?

It's a test of my discipline.

Don't you think there's better ways to test your discipline?
This seems a tad too masochistic.

I cook for my family all the time while fasting. I just don't make desert because I'm cutting down on sugar. In my heyday I used to have a mean sugar tooth but doing weekly 48s has pretty much removed most of my cravings.

my mother insists on cooking while she's fasting. she says it helps keep her busy and she likes feeding people so...
Idk, i always told her to fuckin stop it, but whatever.

You get used to it.

Huh, weird. I mostly only ever cook sweet things when fasting because of the very specific quantities they require - I don't need to worry about taste-testing to get the seasoning right the way I would with a savory dish. Agreed that it's a good way of keeping busy.

>You get used to it.
Not the case for me.
Fasting always was and always will be difficult.

I convinced my mom to stop drinking so much soda and stop snacking on chips and doughnuts all day with my fasting results. I just want her to live longer.

Can't get her to fast though.

I'm 175cm and 63kg. Is there a point of prolong fast to loose belly fat and love handles? Looks like my BMI is normal, so i'm a little afraid that stubborn fat not gonna go away and i just start to loose muscle muss which is already not that great

So im doing 20:4

I do a simple whole body workout : scoobysworkshop.com/beginning-workout-plan/

Last Friday i weighed in about 93 KG at 180cm height with 28% body fat, i am afraid that i am burning the little muscle i have too. On my eating window i eat a lot of protein, that should hinder muscle burning right? Or should i just follow daddy scobies advise of doing a strict caloric deficit but with 5 high protein meals a day? Guess ill have to weigh myself tomorrow again and see if the fasting thing has worked.

You are already really thin. You should focus on building not cutting.

There's a rare chance I have MCAD deficiency which would result in death if I entered ketosis. One of my parents is a carrier, but 23andme doesn't tell me if both have it, so I literally need to go to a geneticist to find out.

Only fasting possible for me is IF. What's the optimal way to do IF, and OMAD itself IF? I sit down and eat a meal until I'm full, then I do again in 24 hours? Do I combine this with exercise / cardio?

Attached: 1586736997381.jpg (177x285, 8.68K)

Is Cole dead? did the big C get to him?

Attached: IMG_20200428_112129.jpg (1093x611, 85.05K)

>OMAD with about 1000kcal for four days a week, snakefasting for the rest three days, continuing with light training and cardio
>from 103kg to 94kg in 3 weeks
This is sooo easy, fasting is like unlocking weightloss easymode :)

Attached: Happy.jpg (840x991, 184.82K)

It's great. There's no excuse for not losing weight now that fasting has been popularized.

Attached: 1389357750154.png (263x283, 96.93K)

Opinions: Is there any benefit to dropping black coffee while fasting?

Was going to break a fast but then I thought "I'll still be sober so why bother?"
I'll also put off watching movies because I don't want to watch beautiful kino sober.

Attached: FE830A59-C797-4421-B104-77D247E8ACD2.png (640x640, 315.93K)

Quick question about fasting to lose weight, I am planning on doing 24-48 hour fasts then doing one meal when I break. Will this fuck up my metabolism? I'm trying to get myself on keto as well, that is the best diet for this right?

Keep in mind I also work a strenuous job for 5 hour shifts mon-fri and would be eating a soon after my shift.

Day 4 of my first fast and I just shit myself. Why did no one warn me about the farts?

Have you actually gotten decent results from water fasts?

a water fast is the same as a snake juice fast its just usually limited to 72h max because of electrolytes. Yes if you water fast you will see results. It just won't be as fast as some fucker fasting to the bone or doing 7 day fasts back to back. I've lost about 5kg in 3 weeks from a mixture of OMAD, 48h water fasts every week, light lifting(on OMAD) and cardio(only on my 48s) and 2 days where I was a retard and binge ate.

I'm the user trying a water fast without snake juice for 5 days. This isn't dangerous right? I haven't had any headaches or anything yet.

>just realized the monster I drank had ten calories

FUCK

Attached: F87B2065-700E-4A02-AF43-313184CE656E.jpg (2200x3461, 555K)

the carrbs are also a different kind of alcohol and it'll fuck with ketosis.

I tried that shit once because I got a free one of a truck. It's so disgustingly sweet, it's undrinkable.

Is the desire to strip yourself to the bones unhealthy?
It's like in order to achieve my personal catharsis I need to "reboot"myself and start from scratch.

It's probably more dangerous than a snake juice fast.
Do you have a particular reason for doing a plain water fast?

I don't know user. Every thing I've seen recommends 72 for water fasts but your mileage may vary. It's important to remember that Snake Juice hasn't existed forever but you may want to find another source of electrolytes. Here's an excerpt from the longest fast ever recorded(382 days). "for 382 days ending on 11 July 1966, he consumed only vitamins, electrolytes, and zero-calorie beverages such as tea, coffee, and sparkling water, although he occasionally consumed small amounts of milk and/or sugar with the beverages, especially during the final weeks of the fast."

>implying ultra red isn't the best sip on Earth
>implying 10 kcal affect your fast that much
>implying it's not worth it

Attached: 1551400105539m.jpg (1024x994, 82.72K)

I can't get the ingredients where I live, especially with the corona lockdown. Would drinking some literal salt in water help?

It's just potassium and table salt, can't you get potassium off the internet or at the grocery store?
Where do you live?

What's an easily available source of electrolytes?

Bumfuckistan Central Asia. Online shops are closed due to Corona. I can only go to a small local shop right now so my options are limited.

pedialyte

I have baking soda and I can buy lemons for the juice. But I have no idea how to get pink Himalaya salt or potassium without ordering it online.

Yeah I've been doing it most days after work on 72s. I find it actually helps distract me to get through any rough patches of hunger/boredom. Sometimes it's nice to just experience that for what it is though.

>broke a 72 with a bunch of chili yesterday
>gonna cruise on another 48 until dinner on Friday
>lifting damn near every day
>work 8 hours in a warehouse every day
>cardio after work every day

I'm enjoying this journey Anons, I'm not weighing myself, just going by the mirror. Gonna take a picture tomorrow to compare with a month from now

Attached: 1561545697068.jpg (712x713, 46.57K)

multivitamin

Decided to drink a tea with some baking soda. I guess that'll have to do.

He used to not post for months at a time last year

Uhh, most multivitamins don't have much salt or potassium in them. If they do, they're tiny amounts. They might have magnesium but it's magnesium oxide which isn't very good.
At any grocery store you can buy salt and baking soda. At walmart you can buy lite-salt (half salt, half potassium) and no-salt (100% potassium).

Just go by how you feel user. From my personal experiences fasting without snake juice my guess is you will be fine. I just have a pinch of salt in a glass of water from time to time then drink Evian water bottles for the electrolytes. But I'm not getting near as much salt and potassium as if I were to drink snake juice.

Does fasting reduce your immune system's strength? I read that not eating makes your body more susceptible to sickness i.e. Corona and the like. I wanna start fasting again but not sure these are the best times to do it, being that I'm still working and going places frequently.

What? If anything it helps improve your immune system.

Do you ever remember getting sick as a dog and get really hungry? No, just the opposite. If you have the flu, your body makes it so you feel less hungry so it can devote more time and resources to flushing out the disease. You see this in animals and people. That doesn’t mean fasting will beat out antibiotics if you need them, but it’s a big reason you lose your appetite when you’re sick and feel hungry again when you’re better.

Pls bros. impart your wisdom

Attached: 1541136145609.jpg (750x1248, 540.91K)

Fucking stupid keto fuck did his stupid keto OP again.
For anyone reading this--don't do keto it's pointless and not sustainable. Just fast.

Stay mad fag.

It won't fuck up your metabolism if you eat maintenance on your eating day. Low cal refeeds are dumb. Every day should be either at or above maintenance, or zero calorie. Eating at a deficit is suboptimal.

Is there a reason low-cal refeeds are dumb? Seriously asking.

Your body doesn't like it, pretty much.

a full refeed gives you a nice pit-stop and stress relief

Weed is for roody-poos.

He's taking the day off, relaxing with a nice tall glass of piss.

Good shit, user. Keep it up.

I buy electrolyte pills from myprotein, about 7 quid for 180.

Jesus Christ, it's 24 hours in and I'm SO FUCKING HUNGRY
Body, just switch to fat for the love of christ

Yeah, it's explained really well in this video. You can skip and start around 19:45. Best explanation starts around 23:40.
The whole series is excellent and quite informative.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=YpllomiDMX0

Just breaking a 72 hour fast with chicken vindaloo, chips, meat samosas and garlic naan bread. My arsehole is going to hate me.

Attached: 20200430_192633.jpg (4032x3024, 1.97M)

The thing on the left looks nice.
What is it?

How is keto less sustainable then fasting. That doesn't even make sense.

My stomach always feels like shit after a refeed like that. i dunno, there's no hickups with low carb refeeds, but those high carb and spicy reffeeds just make it much more likely im gonna breakk a fast early

I don't know if it's connected but I have diarrhea now.

You can do OMAD (fast) for the rest of your life. When you get to a good bodyfat%, you'll probably want to exercise. Carbs and proteins are essential for optimal performance and muscle building. Keto restricts both carb and protein intake
>you can fast forever
>keto is shit once you've lost the weight

I'm going to sleep after eating this and tomorrow I'm going mountain biking all a day. Will probably end up getting the full Indian food experience by having to shit outdoors.

m8 it says chicken vindaloo, chips, and meat samosas right in the post

I don't know what the fuck all of that is m9.
I'm asking about the stuff on the left plate, specifically the brown stuff.

Vindaloo is super spicy curry, made with onion, tomato and green chillies.

Looks delicious.
I think I might look up a recipe for my refeed.

I watched it and I don't see how this supports your point. The conclusion from the clip you referenced is literally
>all dieting is pointless, your natural weight is set in stone
If what that guy says is true then why would fasting and eating at maintenance work? It would just use those calories to replenish your fat storage at the expensive of your energy levels. What am I missing?

I said eat at maintenance on the days you eat. Eat at a 100% deficit on the days you fast. He gets into this later in the lecture series, but the key is that caloric deficits don't work long term UNLESS it's a deficit due to fasting. Caloric deficits are bad for you. Unless it's a 100% deficit. This is all related to insulin levels.
Say you do 48 hour fasts. And every time you eat, you eat your DAILY maintenance calories. After 2 weeks, you'll be at an overall calorie deficit, but you will have eaten maintenance every time you do eat. The point is, this is far and away superior to eating HALF of your daily maintenance calories on an OMAD routine. That will cause your body to expect fewer calories daily than it needs to live, and will doom you to eventual relapse and failure.

Say your TDE is 2000kcal
You want to fast for 2 weeks
Option A: You do 48 hour fasts, and eat 2000kcal every time you eat
Option B: You do OMAD, and eat 1000kcal every time you eat
On both routines, you eat the same total number of calories in the two week period, but
Because of your metabolic pathways and hormone responses, Option B will cause your body to lower your daily TDE much more than Option A.
The reasoning behind this is explained in the lecture series.
This lowering of your daily TDE is bad for you, and can lead to you regaining the weight you lost.
It will set your TDE lower than it should be due to constant daily caloric deficits
Does this make sense?

Unhealthy yes, dangerous yes, am i doing the same thing? Absolutely. Im dropping to very low bf% for a stress reset but im starting to show signs of Binge Eating Disorder. Be safe and learn to recognize unhealthy behaviors first user.

"Literal salt" is 100% sodium chloride so yes it will certainly help. You could use some potassium though, from e.g. salt substitute (which is usually mostly potassium chloride).

Ok, that kinda makes sense. But how does that work with refeeding? I heard that eating a full meal after fasting is hard to do.

The average person's stomach has adapted to constant smaller meals by shrinking. But it is fixable.
Look at the super eaters. The joey cheatnuts and kobiashis. It's not only possible, but better for you to be able to eat a fuck ton of food all at once.
Imagine the caveman who comes across some berry bushes. He'd be best off eating as many fucking berries as possible so that he could hold over until the next time he got a meal.

My goal was to alternate fasting and OMAD (with caloric deficit if possible).

Besides cost, why make snake juice (which admittedly doesn't taste very good) rather than use electrolyte pills?

I definitely have a stretched stomach so if that's the issue then I have none.

>I heard that eating a full meal after fasting is hard to do.
I cannot do that. I usually fast at least 7 days, and there's no way I can break my fasts with anything else than a soup and a roll without being in terrible stomach pain

I have a concern and i dont know how to write it without sounding like a bitch.

So I was raised on shitty food by my parents (junk food mostly, mother was more about chocolate and biscuits, my dad more about crisps and pizzas etc) and their eating habits rubbed off onto me. Such as not wanting to open a pack of food and not use as much as possible as not to waste it. Filling a grill with shit for example

To this day, all of those things are trigger foods for me. I go 3 months good with fasting, but get a slight idea to eat just one chocolate bar (kit kat for example) and it throws me immediately off the wagon. There's more food involvled obviously but in general anything that isn't mostly meat, i can't control how much i eat.

Will I ever be able to have a relationship with food like normal people? I have hoped for a long time that if I live with someone who eats normal, I can overcome it.

Might need some therapy perhaps? idk, it sounds like a psychological problem here

This.

Attached: F256BE09-218B-4318-A4E6-020A47BA5951.jpg (700x467, 209.54K)

Psychology is definitely involved, because i would have to eat in secret, too. Since my dad and brothers were heavily abusive and violent.
So that's night time binging, poor sleep habits and in general just eating huge portions.
My fuckin dad, I swear. Just fillin up a fucking flower vase for a cereal bowl.

Im 27 and I still am only just starting to make dents into this shit, slowly but surely.
Example: I ate 1000 calories of meat and potato and i was ready to fast again, but my roommate gets a multipack of chocolate bars and suddenlly ii've eaten 2000 more calories.

Cognitive therapy from a psychologist. Real skills exist

Attached: 77229B3C-845D-4D47-B8F7-A549F2B9DDFA.jpg (439x438, 124.78K)

273 minutes until I complete my first 24 hour fast. I'm so damn hungry, I'm fucking pathetic, but I will make it, then I will work towards a 48 hour fast.

Attached: 1588277879167.png (700x1313, 317.17K)

There is none. Take the pillpill unless you like walking around looking like you're chugging a big bottle of cum.

Kek, British feelz to fuck. I bet you used to eat a big pile of bread and butter with every meal.

I bet when 24 hours is up you're not even hungry. It's all in your hear mostly.

Head*

it will give your digestive system a break. As far as I know drinking some black coffee won't stop autophagy.

Any recommendations?

>24's use to be fucking hard
>now that I started keto I can do 48s easy

Keto is fucking cheating lads.

Attached: 1578881494989.jpg (498x386, 50.14K)

I use myprotein electrolyte pills, about 7 quid for 180 pills.

Cheers mate, how many do you take a day when you fast?

I take 2 pills 3 to 4 times a day. Depends how much water I drink. Never had any problems.

thx man

No problem m8. I recommend the Zero fasting app too (not sure how much of a noob you are). Comes in handy for recording your fasts and logging weight loss.

Attached: Screenshot_20200430-224425_Zero.jpg (1080x2400, 283.24K)

i have been doing IF for the past weeks but today i didnt feel like eating dinner for some reason so i pushed myself to go 24 hours
LETS DO THIS BROS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1509262380638.jpg (400x396, 36.47K)

i've been drinking bouillon and oj for my fast that's been going on for the last few days is that enough?

Based. You're evolving.

both of those break a fast user.

i need salt and vitamins dude

1. Don't ever blame other people for things you are doing to yourself. It's a cope and it's frankly bitch-made.

2. Don't eat those """trigger""" foods then.

A quick anecdote: I used to be absolutely addicted to M&Ms and Doctor Pepper as a overweight spoiled kid so I just stopped eating and drinking it completely because I knew I didn't have the character to consume those in moderation. Now many years later I tried a sip of Dr Pepper again and I was absolutely disgusted by how sweet it was. I couldn't believe I used to chug that shit down by the liter. I still like the taste of M&Ms so I just don't eat them because I know I can't quit and eating one small packet just makes me crave for more which makes me feel worse than just not eating any whatsoever.

It's my birthday on saturday and I'll be coming off a 48 at about 8pm. How can I celebrate another lap around the sun without going full pigmode?

Psychology is bs. Total scam.

well those factually break a fast user. You are breaking your fast by drinking those. Drink snake juice, or salt water if need be with vitamins.

Both of those broke your fast. Take some electrolyte pills like the ones recommended earlier in the thread or go cheapo and make some snake juice.

Please be bait.

enjoy yourself in moderation
its your birthday

if im doing it wrong then why do i wanna barf?

hows my plan fit:

monday-thursday 23:1 fast OMAD = keto

friday-sunday 72 fast

do u believe in me fit? my max fast is 36, but i was 'forced' (peer pressured by gf). idk if i can do 72 bros lol.

Attached: babygirl.jpg (534x800, 60.23K)

Not him and not British but my family was from the Midlands, very working class family. I was raised by my father and aunty after my mum died and was skinny as a twig until that point, we used to have a plate of bread and butter at every meal, I think it was a habit carried over from war rationing. I half blame that shit alone for my childhood obesity, we used to always eat home cooked meals and it wasn't particularly unhealthy or anything but it was just the constant bread at every meal and if I didn't have the requisite two slices for "roughage" I wouldn't be allowed to leave the table

We use have 'something and chips' every fucking day and would inevitably make chip butties. British food really is a meme.

I'm Belgian and the concept of eating fries with fish disgusts me, let alone those drippy oily nonprebaked things you people call fries in those godawful wet newsspapers. I know most people think a fry is just a fry but this shit personally offends me.

it's not arbitrary that british food is universally considered the worst.

I'm 10 days into a water fast and I'm thinking of stopping before hitting my goal of two weeks. I'm 300 lbs + and most likely a untreated type 2 diabetic. This fast is important to my sense of personal progress in turning my life around. But I want to refeed and go back to 48 hour fasts because I have had much difficulty trying to sleep at night. Not to mention I hate having loose stools and never being able to trust a fart.

The hunger doesn't bother me and I'm suppressing my psychological desire to eat. I just want to back to sleeping and having bowel movements normally.

Any advice?

Attached: 1583898626569.png (423x548, 430.48K)

this fasting shit has ruined my relationship with food. fuck it. if eating a big ol meal every 24-48 hours of protein fat and veggies helps me maintain my weight loss im happy

>Such as not wanting to open a pack of food and not use as much as possible as not to waste it
i dont get it.
>Filling a grill
if its grillin meat time, its never shit unless its hot dogs or whatever theyre called there. I assume you're from the UK so idk maybe not that kinda grill. I know exactly what you mean by when can I just be like a normie when it comes to food. What do they do that i cant. 2 years in and i still don't know the answer. I assume they're just very active. Eating salads and chicken breast is being health conseus.
ehhh..... I know(cant really put thoughts in ur head) you want to hear an excuse to treat yo'self girlfriend, but as you said its only a a revolution around the sun a.k.a not that big of a deal. you're not 7 no one cares about your birthday. Sometimes i literally forget how old i am. Eat a healthy meal but there is NO need to enjoy the snacks and garbage. Don't even eat is my advice but don't tell your family your fasting either. At the least don't have the cake. If you're a fat hog saying no to cake is going to make your family be happy for you I promise. Say something very homo like im on a diet or your watching your waist. They only fucked your life up until like 12.It was on you after that. Not all the way up until yesterday. This is a tough pill to swallow.
Fast to the bone. Also you gotta move, thats why you cant sleep. Tire yourself out.

so if you go on a OMAD and eat too much carbs you lose muscles mostly and not fat so you need to eat high protein and fat foods?

Will I go into keto if I eat nothing but tuna and cucumbers

Think I may have ducked my metabolism with OMADs. Is there any way to increase it back to what it was?

also what are the differences between muscle loss on a water fast for 7 days, and going OMAD with protein intake 1g per lbs?

>I could order a big fat fucking pizza right now

why am I subjecting myself to this bros

I'm not even that fat

Attached: 5de.jpg (600x600, 106.14K)

Don't give in to your whims
It's not worth it

>Apartment is 76 degrees
>I'm fucking cold
so this is the power of fasting...

Do it. You deserve to be happy and treat yourself once in a while is okay

Just do it whenever your fast is over. You can't wait a day or two?

No, I'm only 3 days into OMAD.

...OK why am I sharting my pants once a day?

Attached: aguirre.jpg (1189x663, 251.96K)

I'm at hour 117 of my fast. Started at 95.8 kg (211 pounds), currently at 91.0 kg (200 pounds). I'm 194cm (I think it's 6ft4) Thought I would share some things for those who are starting/thinking about trying it.

There is a difference between simple and easy. Fasting is simple, it's two words, DON'T EAT. I would argue however that while it's simple, it isn't easy. Your body constantly trying to get you to eat, telling you how hungry you are, craving things like sugar (me personally) or pizza. It took me to now, about hour 100, when I didn't get hunger pangs. They diminish every day, so the first 48 hours are the hardest, but after that they reduce away to nothing.

I have difficulty sleeping while fasting, particularly past hour 48. Last night I went to bed at 23:00 and it probably took me half an hour to finally fall asleep. Woke up at 05:00. For the first 2 days I slept like a log, but after that I was awake every 2 hours, and again it was taking what felt like half an hour to get back to sleep. I think my body is high on adrenaline or something, it's telling me to stop sleeping and go out and get food, even though I don't feel hungry.

Had small sips of snake juice here and there, after hour 48. I think the maximum amount I would drink in a day is probably 500ml, but today I haven't had any and I feel great.

I have been drinking 2 coffees a day, one in the morning at about 07:00, and another at around 11:00. Both will milk, no sugar, and it hasn't seem to affect my body.

My recommendation is to just do it, especially now while the world is kinda fucked. Aim for a 24 hour first, then build up to a 48 hour. I failed my first 48 because I was craving sugar so badly I literally got in my car, drove to the supermarket and bought a chocolate bar. It's tough, but you can do it

I was planning to break my fast tonight, but I'll keep going for another 4 or 5 days I think. Then I'll look to gain some mass and look like a fucking machine. Good luck bro's, let's make it.

Why are people overweight? Why don't they just eat less?

so the difference between KETO and IF fasting (OMAD) is that on Keto you eat mostly fat and protein and less than 20g of carbs, while on OMAD you anything within a time window? Because of glucogensis on OMAD due to no carb restriction, OMAD losses more muscle than KETO when on a defecit. Am I right?

My roommate walked in on me in the middle of my imaginary meal. I had the lights off with my pretend fork "eating" a steak. I'm extending my fast 2 hours to 50 because of that.

Attached: 1588121887854.jpg (828x932, 89.94K)

>drinking 2 coffees
>with milk

If it works for you great but that ought to break your fast

>protein
You don't eat protein on keto
>OMAD losses more muscle than KETO when on a defecit. Am I right?
Keto burns body fat for fuel, omad burns muscles for fuel

Free will doesn't exist; you will succumb to hunger sooner or later.
The body reduces CO if you reduce CI.

The only thing I ate today (asides from two snack pickles) was a 1/2 cup prepared long grain brown rice that I made with some fresh onions, bell peppers, spinach and jalapenos.

Did I do good? Praise me, please. I'm not hungry but I'm craving sweets so bad.

>You don't eat protein on keto
Yes you do

currently 29/48 hours into my first 48 fast. I've been doing 20:4 keto for 1 1/2 months before this, any suggestions on what i should break my fast with? I ultimately want to eat carbs.

whatever you do don't have carbs and fat together for your first meal unless you want to gain fat

>Free will doesn't exist
Excuse me

>Keto burns body fat for fuel
yes but I am saying you eat protein to keep muscle more

can you give examples of meals to stay away from?

So much misinformation in one post. I call bad troll

hahaha

Yes you can. It's very helpful and can assist with spirituality. Fasting, weights, weed, water and playing a musical instrument . Great way to fast its how I do.

Yeah he's stupid, but if you're going to accuse someone of spreading misinformation then you have to back it up and explain why he's wrong. Otherwise you'll look like you're just an angry shitposter

I can't stop fucking eating
I feel disgusting every time I finish devouring carbs and sugar but I have zero willpower
I must be stopped.

>For the first 2 days I slept like a log, but after that I was awake every 2 hours, and again it was taking what felt like half an hour to get back to sleep. I think my body is high on adrenaline or something, it's telling me to stop sleeping and go out and get food, even though I don't feel hungry.
I'm currently in the exact same situation.

bullet to the head
got a taste of lead
can't give it up
gotta try some more

Yeah I know, it should in theory.
I should clarify, it's probably 100ml of milk max. I've fasted before for this length of time where I haven't had any coffee or milk whatsoever, but I prefer to experiment, and instead of blindly listening to others, I would see if drinking those small amounts would have any consequences. So far though, everything is going ok.
Good luck

I've tried running a couple of hours before bed, but I can't get through my usual running course because it feels like I have no gas left in the tank. The other thing I've found is that because I'm running up and down hills, my calves will absolutely kill for a day or two afterwards. Instead now I just walk everywhere I can instead of driving for my "cardio", I'm up to about 8000 steps today, and I try to fall asleep on the couch watching a movie before going to bed.
It's gotten so bad that I don't look forward to going to bed, as strange as that sounds. If you have any tips for falling and staying asleep in a fasted state, I'd be glad to hear them

looking to do a quick and agressive mini cut

>2-4 weeks
>weekdays 1000kcal, weekends slightly more
>current TDEE is around 2600-2700

The question i'd like some input on is - how much do I have to do bodyweight stuff to retain muscle? Im not too fat, currently 68kg at 173cm, I'm just looking to tighten up a bit before june hits. Would 12-15k steps a day + 20-30 minutes of calisthenics be enough to not lose any muscle?

It should be legal to lock fatties in a cell for weeks on end to prevent them eating.

nofap and fasting are similar practices of abstinence from plelasure

Give it a try guys, i took it day by day and here I am a month in.

I just sorta started it because i realized how much of a tolll it takes on your body to create that semen, and since i'm fasting i dont want to make it any more of a stress on my body without nutrients.

>eat maintenance during the week
>cut out carbs friday to get into keto
>snake juice fast sat/sun

easily sustainable and have full energy all week for workouts. recommend to non-fatties looking to cut down a few % in bodyfat without losing gains or work capacity

This is going to sound ridiculous, but I'd jerk off in the morning just to remove a few extra grams before weighing in.

I think I'm going to stop doing it on the weekdays, if only to get more energy. I think it could work well with fasting.

In other news, I'm five days in to my fast. I've decided to break it Friday evening with some spicy Korean wings. I also plan to back a pizza this weekend, but I'm going to share it with family.

I've gone down from 182 to 176, and I'm feeling pretty good about it. I have 20 more pounds to go, but I need a break. I'll get back on the horse Monday, but I'm grateful for the experience this week.

Attached: 1588108361815.jpg (1907x576, 677.35K)

I stopped my fast after 3 days instead of the planned 5. I wasn't really hungry but I couldn't find any Sodium or electrolytic drinks in my small local Coronachan-proof shop and was feeling a bit lightheaded because of that. I wanted to play it safe.

I ate some forel with cucumber and tomato with olive oil and some lemon juice. Something interesting happened: I normally don't like tomato (I was just eating it because it's a fast break approved veggie) but this time I did. It wasn't just that I was hungry, it literally was a different taste, more like watermelon or something.

Didn't feel like binging at all. I love fasting.

How much weight can I lose if I do a water fast over an entire month without cheat days?

Hunger is the best sauce. Also homegrown tomatoes are way better than store bought.

I wasn't really hungry though. It's literally like my body recognized that there was some vitamin or something in that tomato that I had a shortage of and tried to trick my brain into eating it. Like "don't worry user, it's just a watermelon, like you like, just fucking eat it". It was specific to the tomato. The rest tasted normal.

>I'd jerk off in the morning just to remove a few extra grams before weighing in

Pure, refined based

A pound a day easy.

I don't whack off anymore either, when I get too horny I go bang a hooker and blow a two week load in her hair. They love it when you do that.

2 back to back 48's with OMAD the other 4 days + Keto diet (in keto now). Been doing this for about a week.
When will I start seeing some real results? 256 right now, down from 267.

Attached: 1586547570591.jpg (640x638, 33.54K)

You only get out of fasting the hours you put in combined with how many calories deficit you have on the week/month

11 pounds in a week is good progress. Keep it up for a year and you'll weigh -305lbs.

>100 hours into my fast
>0,6kg heavier than I was on my last fast
This is normal, right? Water retention etc.? I feel dry as fuck too.

>i dont get it.
I couldn't either at first but then realized he meant he has to finish everything that's on his plate, otherwise it would be a waste.

if i fast 72 hours back to back for an entire month, would i lose something like 22lbs? What about 7 day fasts?

I'm 5"7 26 male not much exercise but standing all day

>imaginary meal
>2 hours to 50
It's over before it even began

How many bottles of water should I drink while fasting?
Should I drink them all at a certain time or spread it out though the day

Entirely depends on your current muscle mass, body fat percentage, daily activity, how much you eat, i.e. a ton of different factors and you didn't even include your weight.
My guess would be around 15 pounds, assuming you're sedentary and not that fat to begin with.

I don't know how much you should drink, but I drink like 4 liter, even when not fasting.

>4 liter
No fucking way. You'd be going to the bathroom every 10 minutes doing that much

Snake juice is sock water and I'm tired of pretending it's not

Attached: 1568526105112.png (611x391, 328.42K)

salt water tastes much better when its mixed quite strong (4g1liter)

Should I drink green tea on my 30 day water fast if I don't want to drink snake juice?

When I fast, I wear thermal underwear and wool socks as if I'm going skiing except it's spring outside and my apartment is warm.

Also I cannot sleep if my feet are cold so I have to wear socks at night too

i wear a onesie. blankets and thermal socks and gloves are just annoying.

Yep. I go to the toilet every 45 minutes or so. Have been drinking that much all my life. No, I'm not diabetic. I just drink a lot.

If I don't constantly drink I start snacking so I decided drinking zero calorie shit all day everyday is the better alternative.

I read somewhere that that means you're not in fasted state. Like you get that if you eat a little bit instead of nothing at all. Are you sure you aren't accidentally breaking fast?

>30 day water fast without electrolytes
hope youve written your will

Potassium chloride, potassium citrate, potassium sulfate, potassium gluconate...

I'm spoiled for choice when it comes to potassium. Which one should I use?

Attached: KCl 1kg.jpg (1080x1080, 84.6K)

What are you doing for electrolytes?

you can go at pharmacy stores and ask for electrolytes and they'll give you a box with a couple of packets

youtube.com/watch?v=QAyxsnYsAdA

Potassium nitrate, mix it with sulphur and glucose.

Based electrolytes. Can I prepare it in bulk?

Attached: ariane-5-launch.jpg (744x389, 41.39K)

Yes. It will start your diet off with a bang.

Ive tried the white, purple, and orange. Gotta try the red one next then.

need to eat 9-10 eggs a DAY to hit my 70g protein target, 780 calories is too much...

Attached: 1581692477366.png (822x815, 166.27K)

milk only contains fat+proteins, so it'll not kick you out of keto

depends on your fasting routine and you, I hyper focus and forget about food when I smoke

hi /fast/!
i recently just started the keto diet and intermittent fasting and ended up with the keto flu with terrible brain fog and incredibly weak muscles. i assume this is because i'm not getting the right nutrients? people say that you need to add potassium and electrolytes to your diet, should i get pills for that?

i found this on amazon
amazon.com/Vinegar-Capsules-Formula-Appetite-suppressant/dp/B07GNZNNFN

it looks like it has the minerals and other stuff to help with keto. do you think this will help with the keto flu or is just a good thing in general?
thanks!

milk contains lactose, a milk sugar, which contains…carbohydrates. It also has no fiber to offset the carbs. So, you’re looking at 12 grams of net carbs per cup for whole milk.

I found a water brand that has a lot of Potasium and Sodium in it, but it has twice as much Potasium as Sodium, is that a problem? I think I heard snek guy say that they need to be equal. If so, why?

Whats the consensus on alternate day fasts?

Don't bother, who knows what shit is really in them. All you need is water, electrolytes and a set of brass bollocks.

Yeah, I hadn't eaten anything in 24 hours at the time, except black coffee. It was my first 36 hour fast in 3 months so maybe my body wasn't used to fasting though.

nobody?

The orange is a close second in my opinion

Good for lean people

Reminder to all those who are fasting and dealing with cravings: You haven't lost yet! It may feel like it in your mind as you deal with your brain trying to justify eating but the battle is still yours! Stay the course, hold strong!

Attached: 1391199066914.jpg (500x311, 38.96K)

I may have fucked up water fasting this time, woke yesterday feeling dizzy, had low blood pressure for the entire day. It's normalized now but I still feel dizzy whenever I lay down or get up.

Where did I fuck up? Should I be drinking isotonics instead of plain water?

>why am I subjecting myself to this bros
>I'm not even that fat
god this is the one piece of bad logic thats fucking me up from getting actually lean

Attached: 1584749290049.png (500x450, 129.81K)

Shit happens.

>Green Tea
>IMPROVE BRAIN FUNCTION AND MAKE SMARTER

Attached: 1563940926048.png (1000x1271, 314.21K)

Doubt it. Drinking up to 10-20 calories during a fast won't break it. I've seen diehard fasting people drink 3-4 cups a day

10kcal not bad specially if it's monster

Do one meal a day. 16:8 is a meme.