/Fat/ FUCK PLATEAUS edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For Subcutaneous Soldiers who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.
This is not QTDDTOT, stick to questions on fat loss

>What do I do first?
1. Read the Zig Forums sticky
liamrosen.com/fitness.html
2. Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
3. Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm
4. Calculate your TDEE
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
5. Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
6. Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Don't listen to memes, either of these are fine based on what you need
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

>Now what do I do?
Count calories, all of them.
Calculate your TDEE at sedentary
Buy scales, be accurate in your measurements
Learn how to cook. Try to stick to lean protein and green vegetables.
Eat a lot of protein. 1g per lb of goal body weight.
Do cardio. Even if its just walking, cardio will improve your health which is sorely needed. There is no such thing as a healthy fat heart, but you can off set the risks.
Lift weights. This will keep and gain muscle mass and burn fat much quicker. No lifting results in the body burning away muscle AND fat. You don't want this.
Post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

>DON'T
Eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
Eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
Drink your calories. Alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it.
Freak out over a stall in weight loss. Plateaus can last up to three weeks.
"Reward" yourself.
Be a retard.

Previous Thread:

Attached: E55FBBCF-754C-48B5-B90C-D1B91C5066A3.jpg (208x250, 5.84K)

FUCK PLATEAUS FUCK PLATEAUS FUCK PLATEAUS

>after many failed attempts finally get ah it together and stick to cut like 4 weeks ago. Seriously clean up diet and eat 1000-1500 calories a day, OMAD. Lifting and doing cardio again too
>losing 1-2lbs every 2 days
>go from 255lbs to 240
>the last 5 days I’ve been at 240lbs
Fuck fuck fuck I just want it drop, I get that this is part of this progress and it’ll go down eventually but I hate it REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Weight myself when I woke up
>Drink some coffee and take a shit
>Gain two pounds

Attached: 1454948151847.jpg (458x456, 22.14K)

Any transfats here? I identify as fat because I'm hungry all the time for snacks but the only reason I'm not gaining weight is because I'm a scrooge with my money and literally don't buy enough food to get fat

Attached: 14COhR2.png (512x512, 23.5K)

6 days sober so far, been eating clean/counting calories even with booze prior so this is only uncharted territory because I don't have the booze anymore.

See myself getting visibly slimmer and my face is thinning, a lot less puffy but still a bit red.

Attached: 79963120_2662020580502510_6545118125711425536_o.jpg (533x960, 72.22K)

>iktf

>Take a fat piss, weigh self
>Come back 5 minutes later and take a massive shit
>3Ib heavier

HOW

Attached: 1554339064261.png (354x328, 62.48K)

stop weighing yourself all the time. do it like once every 3 days

7 days for me. I kinda want to get some beers, but my body and conscious are telling me "no"

Attached: 1564856364375.webm (1024x576, 632.79K)

Finally defeated my 80 Kg plateau.
Almost lost 1 Kg this week and I'm eager to see a definite 77Kg next friday.
Pic is at 79Kg mid April.

Attached: 04_AVRIL_79Kg.jpg (4432x2865, 1.95M)

>Those fat lines
Fuck, I'm going to have those too

Damn, the last 10kg being the hardest is no fucking meme, progress is so slow right now. Trying to ramp ut up by doing OMAD and tons of cardio.

It's not worth it user, be strong

Attached: 1586777904651.jpg (717x960, 79.13K)

sounds like you either have shit scales or they're on an uneven/soft surface

Here is my 10 month progress so far since posting in /fat/. I hope everyone is doing well, we're all going to make it.

Also, anyone else seeing better results in quarantine? Morning coffee and calisthenics while on a fast has kept me on the right path.

Attached: IMG_20200501_104402.jpg (1080x1080, 527.59K)

>better results in quarantine?
i get to go for daily exercise, so it's working nicely for me. i can do long walks i wouldn't have had time to do before.
are any anons still stuck inside completely?

Fuck, nice one bro

Chicken is such a miracle food, jesus christ. Ate a meal that felt huge yet it was only 488 calories. 1200 calories for the day and I feel no need to even eat up to my limit, 1500.
I just can't force myself to do bodyweight stuff. I need someone to drag my ass to the gym, I'm certainly never getting it done myself.

Chicken is extremely based. Throw some diced chicken breast into a bowl of spinach. Low cal and satisfying

Why lose weight through dedication and hard work when i can just be a lazy fatass and die in my forties?

Attached: 1507678797522.png (883x1540, 236K)

Have fun! Don't let the door hit your huge ass on the way out fatty!

Damn. Those are some amazing results.

Yeah me for another two weeks or so.

is it considered a cheat day if i ate at maintenance? a-asking for a friend

>oh user I hear fasting is bad for you!

>You dont need to lose weight user!

>You're suppose to be big like us user!

>You'll just gain it all back anyways, whats the point user?

I'm so fucking sick and tired of these fucking gains goblins. I will not falter. I will not Break. I have hatred for fatties now. I will become the fit person i should be.

Attached: 1578881494989.jpg (498x386, 50.14K)

yes, but that's the correct way to do a cheat day. it's not meant to be stuff your face with garbage till you explode.
you can actually get some benefits from eating at maintenance occasionally, it'll offset some of the weird effects a deficit has on your body.

If you only just found about chicken then here are some gamechangers:
>Cottage Cheese
>Cucumbers
>Carrot
>Broccoli
>Brown Rice
Also don't fall for the "nuts are good for dieting" meme. They are calorie bombs.

You're not just going to die. You're going to deteriorate and be in constant agony.

>Eat a salad in front of my grandma
>Pretty full
>Hey user you want Panda Express?
>Do you want Taco Bell?
>Do you want Pizza Hut?
>Literally within like 3 minutes after me eating

I love my grandma to death, but she pisses me off too. I took over cooking from her since quarantine and everyone's lost weight. I can't believe she use to fry shit in cold oil

Attached: 1559492821827.jpg (230x231, 21.54K)

thanks user, feels better. I'll go back to 1600cal tomorrow, was a weird rainy day today

Wtf. Where are you from? My grandparents almost never got takeout let alone from a fastfood place. I can't imagine my grandmother recommending me Taco Bell. That does not compute.

maybe that is a just punishment for being a weak glutton?

Attached: 1509524153181.png (1950x2196, 148.19K)

>tfw just bagged up of most of my fat clothes to get rid of tomorrow
It feels good to finally let go of how I was

You ain’t gonna die in peace like that. Corona dies sound painful,stroke sounds horrible to go thru, and diabetes cuts you up from the inside out.

>Carrot
>Broccoli
>Cucumbers
Already got these. Raw carrot as snacks, cucumber and carrot slices with a low-cal dip sometimes. Broccoli is just fantastic in general, but I can't hold enough in my freezer to eat it regularly. Same with cauliflower.
>cottage cheese
Never actually tried it much. What does it go with?
>Brown rice
I'm maining white rice in boilable portion bags right now because it's just incredibly convenient. Might see if there's something similar for brown rice.

Sounds inspiring, but I'm also kinda scared of it. I should probably buy well-fitting and somewhat fashionable clothes when I'm in better shape but I know nothing about such things and I despise clothes shopping.

Hope you realize this is an AMAZING transformation, especially in 10 months. It’s definitely more than possible for most, but most don’t apply themselves. You’ve done good man.

Not trying to be a dick, but are you wearing your boxers slightly higher to try and hide any love handle?