How effective of a painkiller is alcohol?

How effective of a painkiller is alcohol?

Long story short: I fucked up a molar biting down on a bone I didn't see and shit hurts like a motherfucker now - like radiating pain all throughout my jaw. Got a dentist appt tomorrow morning, but that's too far off to do nothing.

You reckon getting shitfaced would alleviate the pain some?

>pic unrelated

Attached: 1584398127235.png (640x640, 708.31K)

I was say no, but I guess you can run an experiment

kinda paranoid introducing things in mouth might cause an infection though

I am not a doctor though :p

Will only last for a few hours at most. Best bet is orajel

>How effective of a painkiller is alcohol?
Pretty good. Better than a lot of OTC drugs atleast.

Yo op I have the teeth of a hillbillie. Not exactly something I’m proud of but relevant. Alcohol will make your head think less of it but won’t make it better. Def will help you pass out.

A bunch of aspirin. Not dangerous but like 1,200 mg every 4 hours.

If in your area Kratom is legal that is a nice help too. Not exactly a Vicodin but can trick your brain. Also warm water with salt as a rinse every few hours.

Alcohol disinfects retard

Second the orajel. Plus some otc pain killer.

Yes, nice trips BTW, don't listen to the girlish posts above me (not sure if children or amish) . It's a proven painkiller. Whisky in particular is good. Make sure it's not something sugary like beer and it will give you the relief you're seeking.

No. The alcohol is sugar. It’ll give a very temporary relief but the sugar is going to irritate even more and you’ll be in more pain than you previously were.

If you get shitfaced i dont think your dentist will be too happy when you open your mouth tomorrow. I recommend some usual painkiller pills and frozen peas

ethanol is a mild NMDA antagonist so it does have the ability to reduce pain, butane is much stronger anesthesia so i suggest trying that

Pro's
Numbs the shit out of you
If you drink hard liquor it disinfects your mouth ( no mixing )
Its easy to get

Cons
Hangover
Thins the blood ( might be an issue during surgery )
Not cheap ( if you get quality stuff )

No its not. Your body turns it in sugar ( among other things ) but its not sugar when you ingest it

I think you'll have to settle for knocking yourself unconscious.

Attached: Capture.jpg (955x672, 34.67K)

Found a store nearby that sells "Orajel Maximum Strength Liquid 0.45 oz" nearby, so I'll give that go. Kratom not legal here, but getting fucked up is plan B if all else fails.

Thank you fellas!

Dental fag here. Try and call back and see if they'll give you a small Rx for something strong. If not, get OTC stuff like orajel for your tooth and maybe some wax to kind of fill it in for now. Use a combo of tylenol and ibuprofen (yes you can take both at once). That will help with the jaw.

If you want, rinse with alcohol (you can drink some too), that should help deaden the nerves a bit, but don't over due it because taking the pain meds and alcohol can fuck you up.

You also don't want to be hungover for whatever they are going to do for you tomorrow.

vodka if you swoosh in mouth and spit itll take the pain away ....prob most effective ..you dont have to drink it really...

Yeah man, you'll want something clear, high % too. Will help with any potential infection. Same Dental Fag as above. I'll reiterate, you don't want to show up to your procedure hungover or drunk.

just curious why would being hungover be an issue going to the dentist?

Kratom alcohol and weed should alleviate for a bit

nevermind should've lurked more

Not so much a major problem for me, other than people being cranky, groggy and uncooperative. Can turn a simple procedure into a day long thing. Also if someone is prone to vomiting are going to have to take shit breaks, then it's just inconvenient for anyone. As for being hungover, if the dentist is going to be doing any drilling, you're going to be in for a rough time, headache x 10

Are you fuckin stupid.. if you take aspirin chances are the dentist will postpone your appointment, because of bleeding danger.
Take 2-5 pills of ibuprofen 600 mg

ah ok so it's mostly about being a faggot than any medical reason. thx

Or fucking go to the ER to get some real painkillers prescribed. Honestly Americans are no better than animals

Honestly, if its a toothache, swilling whiskey will help, but an even better home remedy for toothache is chewing on a clove.
Seriously, google it

Animals

Not likely unless he has some sort of history. Ibuprofen and tylenol taken together is probably the best. Any local we use likely has epinephrine which will help stop any bleeding. Unless they are doing an extraction there shouldn't be much blood anyways. He hasn't told us, but I'm guessing OP cracked his tooth. they'll likely just drill and fill. Should be in an out within an hour.

Basically, although medically if you are going to vomit it's probably not best to be on your back. High chance of affixating. Back in my earlier days when I was working at a clinic that took a lot of medicaid/medicare people had to shove the suction tube down someones throat so that didn't die.

Good doggo's.

you should try oxycotin or being less of a pussy

If you can get clove oil that will help too for topical pain, orajel is probably cheaper and easier to find. If he's having pain in his jaw, the OTC pain meds should help.

3 ibuprofen and 4 shots of liquor, you'll be golden in about 30 mins. I had a bad molar for like a year lol (yeah I'm retarded) but when I'd chew something weird it would flare up baaaad like once every 2 months, radiating pain through my whole jaw like you said. I don't do acetemophine it fucks your liver, ibuprofen will mess with your stomach but meh better than tooth pain.

I'm not american and i dont take painkillers faggot

Dental Fag here again. Not being a pussy is also good advice.

The proven best painkiller for tooth pain is Ibuprofin (Advil). Works almost as well as Hydrocodone.
If you have a healthy liver you can take up to three every 6 hours (the old prescription strength) for up to three days.
Very highly recommend over alcohol.

This is mostly true, but again I'd recommend taking tylenol along with it since they operate differently