Why is openbsd so shit

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF OPENBSD

Attached: pic.png (1920x1080, 257.85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

freshports.org/multimedia/ffmpeg/>4.1,
github.com/DragonFlyBSD/DPorts/blob/master/multimedia/ffmpeg/Makefile>4.0.2,
pkgsrc.se/multimedia/ffmpeg4>4.0.3,
cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/ports/graphics/ffmpeg/Makefile?rev=1.175&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup>2.8.15,
bsdnow.tv/tutorials/the-desktop-obsd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's useless to "run".
Once, if ever, BSD becomes good or relevant, it will be targeted for subversion.
It's ether fighting back or dying.

Cuck.

Huh? I get those same errors on GNU/Linux.

You are doing it wrong.

This

What is that program?, bet it's functioning properly anyway.
I just have a feeling that you were intentionally resizing htop over and over so it would eventually glitch out and you could take this screenshot.
Again, what the fuck is that program.
Gtk always does this in every OS forever.
That's ristretto being shit, it does that on GNU/Linux too (it did it for me).

I don't even use OpenBSD but you're not even trying.

another case of someone not understanding OS use-cases (and how not every OS is geared primarily towards desktop usage)

I run FreeBSD on my file server so userland shit like an image viewer doesn't matter at all because I'll never use it, but it's very good for a file server OS

So the use case of freebsd is something you could do with literally any other distro.

We don't get this shit in Ubuntu that's all i'm saying (except for the GTK thing).

Because niggers can't into command line.
Stick to Bloatbuntu. OpenBSD doesnt' need you to pozz it.

No shit.
These ni/g/gers are literally retarded.

OP, you are just stupid

THIS.

saging for retard OP thread

please strongly consider suicide OP

That's a nice excuse to never improve.

Ignoring logged errors is pajeet tier.

lol okay user sure thing

I'd love to see some variant of BSD have a solid place in the desktop world though. I would argue that OS X is already that, but it's neither free or on typical PCs. TrueOS qualifies, but I guess it needs work.

Fuck it's dumb!
Although, considering you fail to understand the use case for OpenBSD, it's not really a surprise you failed to understand the analogy.
EACH OS HAS IT'S SPECIAL USE CASES YOU DUMB NIGGER

This really is horribly idiotic. Show me a benchmark where freebsd does non trivially better than anything else in any area. Stop spreading delusional shit.

BSD is the second most popular desktop (OSX), but the cuck license means you will never be able to use it freely.

Now that's "horribly idiotic".

Political reasons, and autism, just like almost everything. You can't even come up with a single example of a measurable difference. If it was really an F1 car you would have no trouble.

There is no benchmark proving your existence is of any use.
>>>/g/

>FreeBSD freshports.org/multimedia/ffmpeg/>4.1, even more options than the Gentoo ebuild>DragonflyBSD github.com/DragonFlyBSD/DPorts/blob/master/multimedia/ffmpeg/Makefile>4.0.2, same story for the options>NetBSD pkgsrc.se/multimedia/ffmpeg4>4.0.3, lacking some options but still a dozen (don't see opus or x265, for example)>OpenBSD cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/ports/graphics/ffmpeg/Makefile?rev=1.175&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup>2.8.15, no options AT ALLAnd I should add that FreeBSD and DragonflyBSD have poudriere and synth, while the others are basically for binary cucks.This is pretty shameful considering the ridiculous amount of donations OpenBSD gets compared to Net or Dragonfly.

Attached: 1ca0a78f9e560094.jpg (449x561, 72.11K)

I'm not even surprised, lying about compliance specs is a long lasting tradition in Linux-land, and in general FOSS lacks any mechanism to punish false advertising.

I was talking about OpenBSD

enable freedesktop.org bloat:
bsdnow.tv/tutorials/the-desktop-obsd

Attached: dbus.jpg (880x660, 99.3K)

Enjoy winblows. It's more on your level

it must be hard being in a constant state of denial

your ignorance = my denial
lel.

Attached: DsaqJRQU0AEaMsh.jpg (400x872, 74.91K)

and I'm saying it's normal for openBSD to follow its peers

oh fuck off nigger.
You still don't understand IT IS NOT AN F1 CAR. Everything that exists, exists for a purpose except you perhaps. Ergo, freeBSD is better suited to certain use cases than Bloat-buntu.
If you need someone to tell you what those cases are go play with your winblows10 because it "just werkz" for dumb niggers like you.

And that does not mean everything that exists is the best at something. Hint: FreeBSD is shit.
Name even a single case you can objectively say it is non-trivially better. You have been stalling for hours. Your favorite car is a jalopy best only for demolation

fuck
*demolition

Fuck off retard

lel

Read nigger

FreeBSDfags BTFO

Stay dumb nigger, it's what you excel at.

JFC you FreeBSDfags are as bad as the lispfags in the other thread. They have stalled for months. I wonder how long you will go for.

Whatever cuckchanner I have been here longer than you. How about you stop stalling.

BSD is the Infinity Next of operating systems.

False.

What does that even mean?

no lainon you arrived before the retarded cucks, but you're still newfag cancer
t. oldfag

Let me guess you will respond yet again with no content

Attached: 1542600182389.jpg (534x401, 68.88K)

lol sure thing bud

lel

You're clearly forcing it and you know it, you're not eve criticizing OpenBSD, you're just complaining about a bunch on programs that happen to run on OpenBSD, there is literally nothing you pointed out that directly relates to OpenBSD.>>1000414

FreeBSD is better than OpenBSD.
Linux is even better then FreeBSD.

Bluetooth, different package system with lots of packages, largest userbase if you run into problems (though developers of all the BSDs are very responsive on IRC), is usually the first to get new software, ZFS, freedom in choice of firewall, has a chance of supporting hardware the other two may not support. Like every other thing on the planet it also comes with downsides. So desktop and server, depending on what you want to do.

Your question was answered a few dozen times in the last months alone. It essentially boils down to
Throw your computer out of the window and never post here ever again. You should be ridiculed.

FreeBSD does exist for a reason though. It's a free, entry-level desktop OS for people who don't like GNU standards. This cannot be said of any other OS, as OSx is nonfree, OpenBSD isn't entry-level, and NetBSD is for servers.

install alpine/void/gentoo lol

Do you seriously believe it does either of those things better than Linux

top kek

the only cuck here is you, a lazy cuckold

obsd works great as a desktop

keep using your niggeros if you're too lazy to read documentation

Not compared to other BSDs, nigger, compared to linux. Everything you've listed would be done 10 times better on linux, so I'm going to assume that freebsd is, in fact, pointless.

So it's for people who have only used windows, who can't code, but who have also formed strong opinions on GNU vs BSD. It sounds like a vanishingly small market tbh.

/thread

You have no clue what you're talking about.

This post reminds of me of all the SJWs on Twatter who when asked to explain or clarify their stance on something just respond with "Um, I'm not here to educate you, sweetie" , usually followed with a picture of Kermit the frog drinking tea.

fvwm is based faggot

Attached: 2018-11-22-223544_3000x1920_scrot.png (3000x1920, 223.42K)

how close do you sit to your screen

I feel like I am going to throw up.

ZFS, usage as server, package system and custom ports (compared to most popular linux solution), configuration and file hierarchy, documentation, ...
Better on linux? Yeah no. You'd have to never have used FreeBSD to assume that.

I mean you can install KDE on the thing and it'll act just like a Mac with the appropriate theme, is this a Coraline Ada thread?

of those, ZFS is the only one you listed. Don't be a retard then act smug when people call you out.

what did they mean by this?

Because it's a meme project meant to be used by its own devs and only them on top of 15+ years old ThinkPads and absolutely nothing newer than that.

Openbsd is great, I replaced my fileserver with it after linux got CoC'd. The only issue was openbsd doesn't support journaling filesystems, so I had to move all my data + format all my drives which was a waste of a day, but I've had no issues since then. It's good software

Then why would you use it for a fileserver? I like OpenBSD and all but I use FreeBSD for my NAS because I know ZFS will keep my data safe.

I use raid + another backup server, so consistency checking isn't important to me. Mainly though ZFS seems like bloat, I'd rather use a simple and basic filesystem that just werks

That's two screens, scrot just pads above and below one monitor

Disabling and removing features can make it more secure, as it was the case with removing Linux compatibility layer, Bluetooth support and disabling Inlel Hyper-Threading. OpenBSD has secure default installation, /Comfy/ defaults and Best manual pages. Also, OpenBSD developers are 100% committed to their OS, and they are willing to sacrifice features for security and sanity.

How so?

False. There is Zero reason to use FreeBSD. OpenBSD, NetBSD, DragonFly BSD and GNU/Linux are simply better (albeit for different reasons).

This is correct.

Why not DragonFly BSD + HAMMER?

FreeBSD has the fastest TCP/IP stack and a Linux 2.6 emulation layer

Entry level OSs aren't just for people who've only used Windows. Lots of people go back to Ubuntu after realizing that Arch and Gentoo are too autistic for them.

See

In a purely technical way, sure.
In the same way, a computer that does not power up is the most secure machine possible.
Having the option to disable certain features to reduce attack surface is the sane way to do security, what OpenBSD has is a pathetic excuse to justify dropping featres due to lack of motivation, knowledge, and manpower.

Tbh, I like a lot of what Ubuntu does. The only thing that stops me is the pozzed name.. and the pozzed country it came from.
Yes, I'm petty.

What I listed in my second post:
What I listed in my first post:
I assumed you know that configuration, file hierarchy, documentation are different from linux - so why mention it. My bad.
Yeah, you don't know shit. Thanks for wasting everyones time.

Attached: 345234589347953.jpg (650x366, 16.54K)

Engineering is literally about finding the one best way to do something. "Use cases" is a meme.

Only alpine makes sense in this post. You can get any userland you want on any distro but if it's not installed by default what's the point?

This. I got my feet wet with BSD by installing FreeBSD on my main rig. It was a nice experience. Before and after that I used gentoo.

Agreed. I do like linux on the server as well but it's not as clean as fbsd while fbsd isn't as flexible (it can be but it needs more work).

This.

Everyone in this thread who praise one BSD and trash the others is a weakling of the mind.

Attached: 8402c0a03aa7dd72adf57ae9f034fba99f0d2e3a16564ac7db59941d3eb72adf.jpg (481x631, 30.9K)

I'd been playing around with openbsd in qemu for a few months so I was used to it, and I really liked it. I've looked at Dragonflybsd though, it seems cool, I'll definitely play around with it some

no
no
no
no
sure
no
no
That's the shit you fucking listed

all i see is memes

just go back to microshit if those are the things that are important to you while selecting an operating system

cuck

CORALINE ADA THREAD

Mshit doesn't have access to most unix packages, needed for running servers and whatnot. And anyway, a necessary precondition for all of this is freedom.

stability, correctness, and documentation

enjoy using your hobbyist hacked together piece of shit and having to goolge for hours for esoteric console commands

If by hobbyist you mean backed by massive enterprises such as Intel, IBM, RedHat, with development from the best engineers available.

and by not hobbyist you mean theo in his garage.

but that's exactly what openbsd is lmao

OpenBSD has been well funded, this year they exceeded their funding goals early. They are on track to do the same next year as well.