Zig Forums curiosities

A collection of archetypal idiosyncrasies you'll find amongst "smart" people in academia and the tech world at large.

I'll come up with more later. How many of these match traits you exhibit?

Attached: power user.jpeg (474x316, 24.15K)

I can definitely recognize these in myself

it would be a lot easier if you numbered them.

i think mocking reddit users is a given. they have a meme "shut up and take my money" which in it's original context portrayed a cartoon character as a rube, they post it frequently to signal that they're pouring cash into kickstarter scams.

I don't really buy books, I do have a folder of shame, but honestly libgen has been a boon to me even if I don't usually get past the 40 minute mark.

I've read the code for the OS I run, not all of it, but it was profoundly uncomfortable and I feel like I should try to find one that reads like elegant mathmatics and not cooked spagetti mixed with dry spaghetti.

I've never failed an exam, but I've certainly shot myself in the foot multiple times.

I think you're describing specific smug assholes not archetypes.

I actually knew a fag who used to praise ANSI C constantly, because that's all he used for university. He then learnt Rust, declared C old and deprecated, and went on to promote Rust at every opportunity FOR FREE. I think it all happen in the span of a year or so.

Heh, reddit is still a good resource for community guides and such, in fact I often add reddit as a keyword to some of my searches because admittedly there is often useful stuff there.

This is one of those lists that describes the person who made it better than the subject.

You post about the C programming language on reddit.com using your antivirus-protected Windows PC.

They're mostly based on odd characters I've met. The ones that apply to OP are:
The last one concerning reviews, and having a stack of books and not reading them. Specifically, I have a few books on electromagnetism that I keep meaning to get to.

My good sir, I believe that you are a smug asshole yourself

These are me.

I review stuff sometimes if I didn't like it though, and some people have declared that their software uses an "official subreddit" instead of a traditional website or forum (esp video game mods that can't pay for hosting, I guess), so the most useful information about that mod is buried in a comment chain somewhere no one can find.

These were my old mentor, it was so fucking stupid. Whenever I asked a legitimate question it was either "just fucking google it" or asking you other questions to make you look like an idiot. I came here to learn, not to be told to google shit.

Attached: 128 Rages.png (658x512, 420.95K)

please kill yourself.

But the entire purpose of reddit users is to be our useful slave NPCs.

Hello new friend, People who develop software do not even call it tech unless you are some middle management scum.
Zig Forums btfo.

I sometimes click on them, like once in a bluemoon, and always regret it; not only there's never any answer/solution/whatever, but the posts usually make me want to kill myself. I can't believe there are humans spending their time collecting social approvment points writing every 5 minutes completely normal commentary. At that point talking with niggers in the hood is better.

It's usually ok if you just stay at a reply depth of about 2-3, after that it becomes a retarded circle jerk. I've also noticed that whenever reddit users refer to someone as a "shitty person", it's usually because they're mildly politically incorrect.

*to be clear, I mean the language 'built-in' key-value maps, without regard to their underlying mechanism.

Because sometimes user, I'm really fucking lazy and don't want to think.

I really hate that reddit has swallowed up so many forums. Back when forums were dominate, you didn't get these cancerous mentalities taking over. If they did, everyone left for another forum since they were a dime a dozen.

The only thing more annoying is getting Pinterest returned in your search results.

He's not wrong

Attached: pikakill.jpg (238x183, 12K)

Bitch, you can't make things up on the spot because I actually understand how all of this stuff works unlike you.
Sometimes I wish I could be the one teaching the classes I'm taking, so there wouldn't be any of this lying or pointlessly long explanations.

Respawn until your IQ is >110, wait at least 18 years, and then try posting again.

I've noticed this one so many times. People start their wikipedia "research" on Google instead of going there directly. Merging the address and search bars probably didn't help retards realize that you don't have to involve Google for every damn thing you do online.

But most site searches are utter trash, to the point of uselessness.