greenteapress.com/wp/think-python-2e/
docs.python.org/3/
nostarch.com/pythoncrashcourse
docs.hylang.org/en/stable/
automatetheboringstuff.com/
cs.cmu.edu/~112/schedule.html
youtube.com/watch?v=hZ7378IMAR8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Personally I found the official guide on the Python website to be the best. If you already know how to program it gets to the point very quickly and thoroughly.

No, the guy is a complete hack. How the fuck did the "Learn Shit the Hard Way" become so popular? Is it because of the title?

I am trying to find a "fun" Python book that teaches as many useful possible without O'Reilley Aspress hoarding (I did not spell check the names)

If only Zig Forums can out-edge that title I would buy that
"Programming Socks and Python - from /g/ with love"
"Zyklon B and Coding C - how to tell Alan Turning to go fuck himself"

"The grind to stop being a worthless sack of shit"

"Learn Rust - the perfect way to spend your time while you wife is visiting her boyfriend"
Would look perfect on the fake book cover with the pink dick cage.

"The λ chad versus the Turing virgin"

Zed's stuff was alright pre-2015. You learned by doing and it got you breaking and debugging shit very early on. I don't know what happened in recent years and wouldn't recommend him now, but if you can get older version of LPTHW it's not bad. Covers

I haven't even heard that name mentioned since 2012. I remember he was dipping his toe into everything when Ruby "Rockstar" programmers became a stupid thing. In everything he got involved in, drama ensued. At that time, I considered the industry so cancerous that I ran away into the arms of math and electrical engineering. See that was the cancer back in 2008-2012, God knows how Zed Shaw fares in this nu-male cult.

Computer science is really just the bastard child of those two, so you made a wise choice. (I went into math, but I have no idea about EE, it is one of those things I have really been longing to learn about)

*freie
Don't try to talk in German when you don't even know the basics. It's just embarrassing.

The python syntax is quite simple, you can learn 95% of what you need just from here learnxinyminutes.com/docs/python3/

Anything "The Hard Way" is crap, OP. Take from that what you will.

We must secure the existence of Frei Software and a future for open source

Alternatives?

What's wrong with just using the python website?

Not a book/pdf.

Think Python is pretty good.
greenteapress.com/wp/think-python-2e/
There's also a good chance you'll find it easiest to learn by starting with the bare minimum to make a functional program (which is quite little), and looking things up as you go along. Find some useful task to automate, and automate it. Start small. Work your way up.
Definitely use the official documentation:
docs.python.org/3/
And most of all, write a lot of code as you're learning, don't just read.
The REPL is your friend, and you should use it a lot. Its built-in help function is also useful.

Alternatives? Read the python 3 doc pages. Just learn a handful of builtins every day.

Python Crash Course - A Hands-On, Project-Based Introduction to Programming by Eric Matthes is a decent one if you are looking for a book to get you going quickly:
nostarch.com/pythoncrashcourse

I say a "fun" or "adventurous" book, "Python 101" is cute while "the hard way" sound like some chad shit

No Packt or NoStarchPress either (or any book company with a large backlog), it has to be independent publishing like Two Scoopes of Django and Fullstack Vue

Any O'Reilley, Aspress, Sams, Addison-Wesley, Packt or NoStarchPress will be good by the get-go, which leads to book hoarding. I want some "fun" books from independent publishers that can give people a good kick in the ass to learn programming. If a amount of Python books in a publisher exceeds five, that ain't it chief.

Listen Goldilocks, you could have just read the website in the time it has taken you to look for the "just right" book. Python has a simple syntax, most of your time spent learning will be its ecosystem of standard libraries and common packages.

Again, the goal is "take me on a ride", I already burnt though codecademy and the Python docs, the goal of this exercise is to find good entertainment in utilities, NOT "just to learn"

Don't ever pick a book with a """Fun""" name, or a name that makes it sound like """Easy""", """Effortless"""" and """Fast""" (e.g. "Learning Shitposting in just 48 Seconds! by S. Goldberg".

All this kind of books belong in >>>/trash/

I bet everyone takes you for a ride. You sound like a retard.

Well that is true, especially for Sams 21 day series. But when I say "fun" I meant having fun, not being baby-sat.

What are you, the no-fun police? Or are you just a newfag who should >>>/trannypol/ ?

Just start programming.
Find a project. Use the docs. Use search engines.
Read the standard library. Do terrible things with dunder methods. Do terrible things with metaclasses. Apply mypy to a codebase. Hook into the import system. Abuse the ast module. Make your own lisp.
Abusing Python is fun and educational, and you know enough to start.

Someone already did that.
docs.hylang.org/en/stable/

And it has already been tranny CoCed.

I don't think such a book exists, unless it's a book about making games. Are you looking for something like Land of Lisp, except for Python? The only "fun" Python book I know of is Automate the boring stuff with Python
automatetheboringstuff.com/

I have never read the book, so I have no idea if it's any good, but you can read it for free on that website. The author has a bunch of other books listed as well, so maybe there is something for you there.

Attached: cover_invent4th_thumb.png (170x225 70.37 KB, 36.95K)

this is my favorite beginner resources:
>cs.cmu.edu/~112/schedule.html
I found it far more concise than any book while being pleasantly interactive. don't be off put by the formatting - just take it one week and link at a time. it's more dense than you'd initially expect.

Sorry but I only study with Ivy League material made for ivy league material such as myself

Now that is Ivy League grammar. Are you the nigger who rapped his dissertation at Harvard?

If you've read the python docs and finished elementary tutorials, why not participate in the AoC challenges (see the thread). You do sound mildly retarded though.

docs.python.org/3/
/thread

I read it and I liked it... but the thing I hate about NoStarch is that their catalog is huge.

AoC challenges is not the kind of thing you want on a coffee table, but I am all for it.

/retard

If I see Python books on someone's coffee table, I don't exactly think highly of them. At least show off with something like the Art of Computer Programming and read the books too. That'll be more than a "ride" for you mind.

Now that is an answer I can get behind (for adult guests), for the kids maybe just a Linux magazine?

youtube.com/watch?v=hZ7378IMAR8