Fictional Liberal Presidents

So what is it with liberals where even when in fiction they basically do what neo-cons do? This is a clip from the TV series Designated Survivor where a "left" wing president becomes president by being the next in lines after a terrorist attack on the capital.
The president wants to drop a bunker buster on a domestic terrorist, the "left" opposition to the "leftist" president points out the Posse Comitatus Act. The "cleaver" solution of the show is just having the FBI drop the bomb instead and the story acts like this entirely solves the issue and somehow different.

Attached: FBI-BunkerBuster.webm (512x288, 2.13M)

Other urls found in this thread:

currentaffairs.org/2017/04/how-liberals-fell-in-love-with-the-west-wing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why are you watching prime time TV? Fuck that shit.

This.

Attached: lol.png (222x255, 63.24K)

This shit has been common in mainstream amerifat political fiction since the 1990s. Also that's not even the worse thing they've put out. This is. I dare anyone to find me a more succinct example of cancerous american liberalism in media. It's so on point it feels like a parody but it isn't. This character is the heroine of the movie. She's a extremely wealthy senator who fights for her "right" to be vice president and support American imperialism and yet the movie tries repeatedly to cast her as the underdog while she spouts 90s liberal shit like "I stand for seeing every gun taken out of every home, period" and supporting increased military spending to "stop genocide."

Attached: the contender liberalism -b24YF3DPiWM.webm (480x360, 3.81M)

Get better taste.

Attached: stby.jpg (599x890, 170.62K)

Taste in bourgeois propaganda is not at issue, the issue is that bourgeois propaganda is so absurd. US prime time TV having good writing wouldn't address the problem at all.

There's a great article in Current Affairs by Luke Savage about the West Wing which you should read: currentaffairs.org/2017/04/how-liberals-fell-in-love-with-the-west-wing

There's also a mention of Michael Douglas in 'The American President' which was something of a progenitor of the West Wing.

Gets better:

He also argues that liberals have become attracted to this kind of politics (and they are having the way they think about politics reflected in TV) because they have increasingly come from the universities instead of the labor movement. Politics isn't about building power in their eyes but about winning the argument. Drumpf BTFO'd in debate by smart wonk Hillary basically. Turns out, that's pretty stupid.

Attached: 8-michael-douglas-the-american-president.jpg (245x300 71.67 KB, 19.35K)

I will say that the most damning line in all of that is "Even in their most unconstrained and idealized political fantasies, liberals manage to accomplish nothing." If that doesn't turn you off liberalism then I don't know what will.

I think it was the movie, but I remember one scene from seeing this shit
This pretty well encapsulates the Hollywood liberal mindset regarding politics IMO. It's neocon "we do what we have to" shit but instead of that angry speech from A Few Good Men about standing guard on The Wall it's a speech about how you feel sorry for your victims.

Pick one and only one. Liberals have destroyed the academic community by ruthlessly censoring any research that proves any of their garbage beliefs wrong. People are losing a lot of faith in academia because so much of it is blatantly politicized.

This has been going on for a while though. Trump, being a huge libcuck, hasn't helped much either. Liberals hate science because it proves that capitalism doesn't work without imperialism.

Damn straight it's gone on for a while now, for decades. It's a goddamn crime that people only started paying attention to it recently. Academia has been nothing but a liberal circlejerk for at least the past two generations.

Because modern liberal ideology is about putting one's head in the sand and pretending things are getting better or can get better with token efforts. They want to burry the revolutionary past of workers even in the USA because it scares them.

Attached: feelgood.jpg (600x530, 91.08K)

Is this episode about Obama and his civilian assassinations… lol

Attached: tin.png (350x350, 203.39K)

There is another episode where a US destroyer rams the barge of a fictional devloping nation. The nation asks WTF were you doing in their waters, the ending has the captain goes down with his ship to prevent the world from knowing the US was there to spy on said nation, with the story painting him as a true American hero for giving his life to protect the US from getting a black eye in the UN. Again this is a fantasy liberal administration.

THE CRINGE
I CAN'T

This is such a liberal strawman.

Uh wut lmao

I didn't like this shit that much. Reminded me of a leftist edition of Office Space lol. Also it's not really that bad in practice to have some dormitory and cafeteria that your work provides. I had an arrangement like this before living (COUNTRY X) and it was fine.

It also reminds me of what conservatives tell other people about themselves. I hear conservatives say shit like that too except conservatives are liars and liberals really believe it lol

I'm not saying otherwise. There's a saying that "only someone as educated as that could believe something so stupid."

Okay that's officially insane.

Clips of the episode.

Attached: DesignatedSurvivor-WarShip.webm (512x288, 2.7M)

Good fucking god liberals are assholes. How did more people not see this so much sooner? Liberals are the worst people to ever exist on this planet.

Office Space *was* a leftist edition of Office Space.

Attached: 121413.png (434x716, 347.81K)