Linux is hugged

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Linux-Kernel-Hugs

Attached: fuck.png (845x573, 164.51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2p3jktqhp4g
archive.is/i1J1r
lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dri-devel/2018-November/198592.html
mkenyaujerumani.de/2014/04/07/cracking-the-reference-letter-arbeitszeugnis-code/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hug is also offensive. We can't know if the kernel consented to physical contact.

Linux is hugging hugged beyond relief.

OpenBSD Master Race

I have no arms to hug with and I find 'hugging' makes me feel left out.

Could everyone stop hugging up Finnish names.
its Säkkinen
>>>Zig Forums12411996 is Vehviläinen
Multiple tech field people in Finland (for example ½ the finns working on embed related) just changed their names to English ones because no one can be bothered to type or say them correctly even inside their own company.

Attached: hate_being_white.mp4 (640x360, 1.47M)

teh "embed related" youtube.com/watch?v=2p3jktqhp4g

Reminder that OpenBSD is lacking the following things:

This would be funny if it was just a trolljob. But in reality it's terrifying.

I have not consented to this hug. Sound the rape whistles.

Attached: 1530069814489.png (800x750, 65.57K)

Jarkko Sakkinen of Intel is a nice kike. He's so nice, he even hugs his fellow gentiles from day to day.

I've used OpenBSD NFS4
What are you talking about

I wish we had more conscientious developments working on liberating components for kernels. All operation systems could do with these features without sucking up to corporate controls.

good, i dont need any of those things and it keeps normalfags like you from using it

Sexual harassment allegations that carry the signboard of "I was hugged inappropriately" within the Linux dev community when?

Reminds me of Hollywood (since its beginning) kikes legally changing their names

I demand that faggot from the first CoC thread get his ass in here and admit he was fucking wrong.

Gentoo is also lacking anything one wouldn’t necessarily need.

Linux is a hug box.

Whatever patches they replace "fuck" with "hug" are fucked from here on out.

>"You Are My Sunshine" intensifies
Sakkinen is on Intelaviv payroll.

This is what you get when you use (((opensource)))

Attached: stallmeme.png (400x300, 153.37K)

So instead of replacing swear words with synonyms, they make the source code comments in a kernel non sequitur?

Attached: anglegirl.jpg (854x480, 64.53K)

For any of you faggots who are unironically worried (as evidenced by soem of your shitposting), it seems the patches were rejected because desuing no-one thought it was useful, acceptable or in accordance to the CoC as it is not retroactive.

archive.is/i1J1r

Linux is becoming more and more a corporate hellhole. Can't directly criticize anyone, must follow a hundred HR bullet points to not accidentally rape all the imaginary women over the internet, must write fuck as **** like a dickless cunt...

It'll become like German recommendation letters. Employers have to write them and they get in trouble if they don't praise the employee. So what happens is they have code words in the praise that can tell someone is actually useless while seemingly praising them. If this becomes the norm hugging someone for kernel devs will mean telling them to go fuck themselves.

Attached: cock-li-logo.png (323x345, 33.39K)

This, i have a feeling linus and most people in the linux foundation is doing this to apease the many (((sponsors))) they have.
It mirrors directly with how actual wageslave enviroments are like these days: can't say or do anything in fear of offense being taken.

Developers who work on linux are no longer working on it for their passion or for personal use, but instead for the use of corperation or other initity.
This, honestly was to be expected. The end goal was always "year of the linux desktop" such things can't really happen in modern times without becoming disgustingly corpret.

Is linux a bad system because of this? Not necessarily, but it definitly isn't linux anymore.

That's actually pretty neat hey wait, they just stole sarcasm off us!
Maybe "hug" will do the opposite of what "nigger/nigga" did, massively changing from acceptable to insulting in certain contexts.

To whom it may concern: the patch was rejected. The patch was not done by a "leftist", "transexual", "SJW", or "evil jewsih person." It was done by a troll who wanted to "start a conversation" about the CoC: lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dri-devel/2018-November/198592.html

So yeah, that's the point we've reached. You retards are losing your shit over nothing. You retards got trolled by a kernel maintainer.

Attached: 315Roselia.png (431x431, 123.75K)

So they replaced all fuck's with Hugs???

Oh come on

never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake

I hope linus shows up to the next linux foundation event with an ak47 and just mows everyone there down

Useless meme filesystems, proprietary crap and features no one wants or uses. Only legitimate criticism is the lack of proper virtualization.

Meant to reply to

just keep backups like a normal person and don't have a bunch of bloated kernel-space code to do it for you
Does it automatically in hardware, not needed.
NFS is cancer. Every manpage has NFS listed as a caveat or bug.
Moar coars is a shitty meme. See: hyperthreading. Programming for multicore systems is a cancerous nightmare because of race conditions and locks. All x86 CPUs with more than one core are botnet anyway.
Useless meme shit with low range. Use ethernet or 802.11n instead.
Proprietary cancer.
Proprietary cancer.
Useless cancer.
Macroshit Wangblows cancer.
Unnecessary. OpenBSD supports FDE through other means.
Linux is a pozzed OS. No compatibility is desired.
See above.
Use top -d1 | grep '^Memory' instead. Muh unix way n'shiiiet.
I agree this is a deficiency.
QEMU is supported dumbass. If you're talking about hardware virtualization, it's botnet shit.

Battle of the tranny CoCs

Attached: Screenshot_20181201-103348_1.png (569x115, 19.3K)

Is this the next Lisp retard?

Zig Forums here, being a Finn, Linus should use either an Rk 62 or Rk 95 Tp.

Ban Intel employees from the kernel mailing list and discard any and all patches they send in, they can't be trusted to be functional humans.
First that googly-eyed commie deciding who can be an oppressed minority and who not and now this faggot replacing badwords with goodwords in an Orwellian fashion. Intel employees are basically tumblrs.

Lisp is cancer. OpenBSD is the antithesis to cancer.

Maybe then Linux and OpenBSD will finally have the same performance… :^)

Not if you're using AMD they don't

You hugging hugger, if anyone here is trolled it's the Linux devs who adopted the retarded CoC. This is actually pretty funny, and they invited this on themselves.

Also read the mailing list thread, It might not even be trolling, and some of them are even open to the idea.

kfree_skb(skb);
/* Jamal, now you will not able to escape explaining
* me how you were going to use this. :-)
*/

Wtf, is this comment from /net/core/dev.c some kind of alt-right racist joke about African Americans?

Open source advocates tried to be so much like businesses that they ended up creating an open source version of the HR dept. Stallman was right again.

This defacing of profane comments is offensive. You would think that any contributor would be unaffected emotionally by text.

It's the poz foundation tbh.

Attached: maximum poz.png (953x764, 106.35K)

I think you need to recolor your hair, the purple is faded...

... and the teal is fading in yours.

What a FUCKing waste of money!

Lol. RIP.

I refuse to use a kernel that doesnt respect freedom of speech. These fucking undilectical neo-liberal cia puppets have no idea the slippery slope they are on with their orwellian newspeak bullshit.

Can this be a hug thread?

*hugs u*

The propaganda they should use for donation begging:

Linux is the leader in open source CoC. Our CoC is the largest and most satisfying CoC available at this time. We encourage those unsure of the ability to handle a CoC to try ours and see how it fits. You may find taking some of our CoC will loosen your fears enough that you can work a CoC of your own into your project alongside ours. (

this fucking meme again.

I thought you were kidding.

Attached: Screenshot_20181201-104001.png (1080x1620, 154.18K)

Funny how that hasn't stopped me from doing anything at all.

why are you so angry at OpenBSD?

sjw.

ZERO SHEKELS FOR THESE (((FAKE DIVERSITY))) (((KIKES)))!!

/int/ here, Linus is a swede.

Wow, what a fucking waste of money. From the perspective of opportunity costs and crowding-out, the Linux foundation is actually harming Linux here. You'd figure that some part of the donations for a technical project would be used to overcome technical challenges.

Man, googles and bings really fuck up everything.

SMT botnet.
botnet
botnet
botnet
botnet
botnet
botnet
botnet
botnet through windows emulation
botnet through linux emulation
botnet

Wait, what? This doesn't even make sense, how does it fund the infrastructure and pay programmers if all the money goes to diversity programs?

Let's not pretend that this patch wouldn't be taken seriously by the CoC advocates.

That isn't all the money they receive, corporate donations won't go through that channel (a bank transfer has far less fees than paypal, they also probably come with some negotiation) and there's the money from memberships.

This is a fucking (yea, fucking, not "hugging") farce. Only few years ago a thing like this would be considered April fools tier at best.

Well, at least since KRACK and Blueborn (i.e. since about a year) they literally are.

Considering that it has been stated that this was a deliberate troll to see if the CoC matters.
And it succeeded. There's to CoC, the big published one and then the second one that's actually implemented and used.
lkml had tons of fun drama relating to that patch.

It's botnet if it supports blackbox hardware or has an emulation layer.

There's no legitimate reason to use the words fuck or hug in comments unless you're making a sex simulator. Its juvenile.

next level of being a complete fucking idiot and cavein
just come out and saying what it really is - surrender at your own expense to some ideas instead of mastering them

how about this:
// Holy fucking fuck fuck shit fuck this code won't fucking work, FUCK!//Fix the fucking code!

Or you could write technical description of the problem, explain why it's important to fix, and list already attempted and failed solutions.

I don't understand why code which has this kind of commentary is supposed to remain in the codebase. The only reason why I would put it there is to create a historical reference in the codebase for future reference and then remove it. For a git based code revision system, this kind of code belongs only on a development branch, not the main branch.

// the terminator of a HERE doc needs to be hugged by newlines
// "\nEOF \n" ? keep going, we haven't found EOF yet.

There is when you get called in at midnight to hotfix a catastrophic bug in production because the fucking API is fucked, and you are working around someone else's fucked code.

I mean the graphics argument is correct but how is ZFS a useless filesystem? Probably one of the best out there and didn't it originally come from BSD anyway? So if ZFS is useless than BSD is creating useless things. Really makes you think. The rest of your post is similarly ridiculous.

I honestly can't tell if you're trolling or not. I hope you are tbh.

I completely disagree with that scenario as something normal but let's say it did happen that way. After I apply the hotfix, I am going to do what it takes afterwards to properly refactor the code so it doesn't require such commentary - after all if I'm working on a fragile codebase that causes catastrophe, that ought be grounds to fix it properly after the immediate fire's been quenched. Now
I don't know what kind of scenario exists that I'm working with another person's API and that API is totally wrong - either there's a bug in implementation or it's unsuitable for the desired application. If that API is not good for the application, then I'd probably take my time to write my own necessary functions that are good and don't require me to comment with "this shit if fucked".

Honestly, that looks more like a warning than a note.

Let's get a rope around your neck ASAP.

Hug you. Hug you so hugging hard without your consent. I'll take your arms so you can't hug back when I come in the night and hug you to death.

I backrub you by surprise with your presumed consent.

hug

Holy fuck! This is actually WORSE!

IT WAS DEEMED TOO OFFENSIVE. HOLY FUCKING GOD.

Elaborate

Meh. It looks like a smart way to get SJWs off your ass by throwing them a bone and mocking them at the same time. Let's hope it works.

We all gave each other aids to mock the way that homos live. Hopefully they'll understand the lesson and just disappear.

brainlet alert

My eyelids opened so wide my eyes nearly fell out.

no u

I don't want to make a new thread for it, so i will just post it here. Got an e-mail with an invite to participate in survey about open source. What a surprise, it's actually about about special snowflakes.
And on top of that, in my country is illegal to send unwanted e-mails to people. But I guess U. S. universities are beyond this sort of stuff.

Attached: survey.png (1913x431 89.86 KB, 62.19K)

I remember reading one of the chairperson's posts on facebook where he was going on about how men who refer to women as girls should be b&. He ended up pissing off a woman who unfriended him. I need to look for it.

When someone leaves a job in Germany the employer must give them a reference letter (which in turn is shown to their next employer). If the letter says the guy stole office supplies, was lazy, late, rude, etc, they open themselves up to a lawsuit (the employee could argue he couldn't get a job because of the lies in the letter, even if they're true the company is in trouble). So instead they don't write what they mean:

mkenyaujerumani.de/2014/04/07/cracking-the-reference-letter-arbeitszeugnis-code/
(best description I could find, the others didn't have many examples)

Maybe I'm not understanding German communications but this sounds like veiled language to me. What I don't understand is how an employer is supposed to decode this while the "bad" employee cannot do the same. What I don't understand is how an employer is supposed to say exactly what they mean without the words being unveiled from its direct meaning.

He can. But since the meaning isn't the official meaning I think the company is safe legally. Likewise, replacing fuck with hug would keep the exact same meaning for those in the know even though it doesn't use the bad word.

great, linus is now online rapist.

I understand now. It's language that's designed to be legally non-discriminatory according to the letter of the law.

thank you for leaving the names of these (((surveyers))) in.
perhaps an/some anons would be interested in airing their hidden sjw crimes, etc. to the whole world.

It would be a real shame if you showed up to one of these professors' lectures, and they put you into a self-defense situation where you had to use deadly force to protect your own life

how so?