Systemd 240 Continues Picking Up New Features

Tell me again, what was the main purpose of systemd?

Attached: systemd-featured.png (800x343, 38.6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/songs/song47.mp3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: 1529717642.png (717x642, 109.05K)

Could you tell us what it picked up so I can judge for myself

According to some proponents, it was to unify the low-level GNU/Linux userland. The problem with this idea of course being that it kills variety and choice due to being so non-modular.
Also the code is shite. They have a very lax approach to bugs, and that means many vulnerabilities will come up.
Honestly, the actual init and service management is pretty smooth and comfy on systemd. It's a shame they couldn't have just stuck to that.

Attached: systemdhcp.jpg (3456x2304, 2.54M)

Kek, systemd is the opposite of comfy. Slackware is comfy. OpenBSD is comfy. Potteringware is nigger-tier bloated bugware shit out of redhat cianigger orifice.

WEW

poetteringware is the windowsification of linux

It feel like I have to walk on eggshells everytime i use one of those buggy monolithic pieces of software, one incorrect click or letter will bring the whole system down in a nonsensical and non-debuggable way. It truly is the opposite of comfy.

It's the system daemon, obviously.

the bsd inits produce very usable error messages. also the error messages aren't stored in binary format, which they thought would be a great idea for systemd.
you sound like someone who hasn't even made the effort to use a bsd in vm

miscommunication, i do use bsd because i feel like the whole house of cards could come down at any moment when i use "modern" shit like poetteringware or windows, openbsd is very comfy

What are some non-pozzed OS Zig Forums, looks like I have to move again.

To prepare GNU+Linux for a takeover:
"Your software will be assimilated, too. Your operating system as it has been has come to an end. From this point forward, you will service [the botnet]" ~~~ L. Poettering.

How exactly did Poettering get into such an influential position?

Gentoo (But it has a CoC), OpenBSD, NetBSD, DragonFly BSD, FreeDOS and TempleOS

ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/songs/song47.mp3

Attached: Superfish.jpg (227x318, 670.19K)

he's a nsa/cia shill

This is actually apparent now. Systemd is Microsoft's new OS.

I looked around, I don't think Gentoo itself has a cock, just the linux kernel does

I imagine eventually the Linux subsystem for Windows EEE plan backfires and Windows depends on systemd.

Attached: Mr Notabug "Wontfix" Worksonmymachine.png (860x2176, 227.17K)