Microsoft might be killing off Edge

Microsoft will be replacing EdgeHTML with Chromium?

archive.today/2018.12.04-231759/https://www.thisisinsider.com/microsoft-edge-google-chromium-browser-2018-12

Attached: 2018-12-04_19-19-21.png (810x794, 98.84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.4chan.org/news/
blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/12/06/microsoft-edge-making-the-web-better-through-more-open-source-collaboration/
archive.is/NJum0
amazon.com/gp/product/B01D3Y2LSS/
archive.fo/lYKsJ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Das it mane.

Why didn't they just stick with IE? IE may be cancer, but Edge has been AIDS since its inception.

karma is a bitch

Attached: battuman_villain.jpg (1280x720, 143.84K)

The original source is a Windows Central writer being told by a unverified source, and the Verge link only discusses the rumor (going so far as claiming that they understand some internal frustation at M$ about muh Edge problems).

the last thing anybody needs is IE's codebase to be put back in regular use

why? it's much better than Chromium

I wouldn't have a problem with Edge if it had basic functionality.

We need a new logical network based on a new protocol. That would not have cancer like Facebook on it, and newfags would be more technically adept as they know how to get onto this new network.

This is another instance of the "Bloatware is Proprietary" phenomenon. Standards have become so bloated that only a few browsers can support the modern web. The barrier of entry to creating a browser is high because they need tens of millions of lines of code. If this keeps up, web standards will be defined by whatever Chromium does.

it *was* nice of British Telecom to force Sun to rename their white pages service to be something other than "yp") ...A crying shame too. After all, even though Sun's "yellowpages" service was really a white pages (name lookup)service, they should have been able to use whateverdeceptive name they wanted. Renaming things for marketposition is really a modern (not just unix) tradition:Build a presentation manager: call it Presentation Manager...Build a personal computer: call it The ibm Personal Computer...Build a machine with an 8-bit byte: Define "byte" to be 8 bits...Build a IO subroutine package: call it DOS (an OS).But the unix weenies have refined it to a high art.Everything must be "open" and a "standard." Why, my companyalready supports at least a dozen "standards!"The latest Sun entry is their new "free" window system.Their salesman called me proudly: all you need to do is sendthem a thousand dollars a copy, plus pay a royalty onprograms which use it, and you can use their new free openstandard window system (called "open look" of course).Hm, maybe I can add cons to C and call the result Lisp...

This shouldn't even be a thing.

Aka being an Operating System.

BBSes over telnet is the future

WHY WON'T THEY REPLACE IT WITH SERVO???
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
RUST IS THE FUTURE!!! I THOUGHT THE NIGGER IN CHARGE OF MICROSHIT WAS BASED

At this point the web will become unusable. From the bloat, to everything needing JS and website's "modern" design that's just pure anti-ease of use cancer mostly geared toward touchscreens; it's all awful. The fact that it takes 1GB+ of RAM only to display some text, and being the target of constant surveillance makes me not want to use the internet for absolutely anything. Why did it become so shit?

The blackpill is fucking real. All of Zig Forums knows there is no way to fix this. We lie defeated, accepting that (((they))) won, here and forever. From this point onward, everything will go (((their))) way, while we rot and wither into oblivion while watching the downfall. It's the fate this entire site has accepted.

WHATWG "standard" body dissolved and HTML5 ref docs replaced with the Blink source tree when?

The web is content served over the network, and web browsers primarily just software for rendering that content, neither have any particular connection to HTTP or TCP/IP. Replacing the network is desirable, but that's strictly orthogonal to replacing the web or its browsers.

Attached: blink is the new ie6.gif (1024x768, 36.66K)

Not true in the slightest. You know what still exists and will continue to exist? mutt. squirrelmail, nano, vim, w3m, Firefox, qutebrowser, jekyll, IRC/IRC daemons, PHP, Mumble/Murmur, GNU/Linux, OpenBSD, and everything else.

The tools still exist lol, and Zig Forums runs on one of those tools right now (OpenIB). There are tons of software projects that emphasize minimalism and doing one thing well. Stop being an autist because news sites are bloated. Hell, you can bypass the bloat of news sites just by going to >>>Zig Forums or boards.4chan.org/news/ and read your news in w3m if you really wanted to.

A nice picture for you! ==(((they))) are completely exterminated.== ==(((kike))), if you keep blackpilling, you are also exterminated.==
FROM THIS POINT ONWARD IT GOES THE WAY OF TRUE FREEDOM, LIBERATION AND ENLIGHTEMENT.
THE DEATH OF (((THEY))) IS ABSOLUTE. ANCIENT CALENDARS ALL POINT TO THE END OF (((EVIL))) AND (((NEGATIVENESS))) FOREVER.
WE ARE FREE!

Attached: Lu8ZRST.jpg (809x1024, 93.96K)

Google Chrome skin

How old are you?

I can't tell if you're implying he's childish, or old, as the M$ thing isn't so common anymore.

Nah, you're just a faggot

DISCARD THE FAGGOT OP, THEY OFFICIALLY SAID THAT EDGE WILL FINALLY EMBRACE CHROMIUM!
blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/12/06/microsoft-edge-making-the-web-better-through-more-open-source-collaboration/
archive.is/NJum0

Bets on how long the final holdout's going to last?

Attached: mozilla gecko future.jpg (333x500, 35.75K)

I've never seen a post that screams, "I have no fucking idea what I'm talking about", more than this one.

Attached: robot.gif (200x250, 2.65M)

man, people say dumb things all the time, probably because it's so easy to just open your mouth and let the stupid out
we should come up with some kind of alternate, harder form of communication, so that people will use it to say smarter things
amazon.com/gp/product/B01D3Y2LSS/

found the LARPer

Sage because OP is a huge faggot and I'm not supporting the two companies in question but some former intern claims that Jewgle intentionally slows JewTube loading on Edge by deploying an empty dev.
archive.fo/lYKsJ