Best Linux distro

I've seen a lot of shit thrown around about almost every Linux distro but I haven't gotten a concise answer.

I don't want gimmicky shit I just want something can browse the web and run my IDE

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (600x600, 198.85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6bsNIdYw5Ak
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

specify

I Use IntelliJ IDEA cause I have to work in kotlin but I am willing to swap to anything else

If you want something that "just werks" to shitpost online and use some other programs, Arch based distributions are very good, and there are some that offer you a simple and easy graphical installation if you don't want to do it with the command line. There's Artix for non-systemd shit, Parabola if you want to go full-libre, or Manjaro for something as easy as Ubuntu.
Arch has its repositories, but there's also the AUR, which some people like and some don't, but it exists if you want to use it.
You could also try something like Linux Mint, which has versions based on either Ubuntu or Debian.

Forgot to add.
If you are really interested in learning about GNU/Linux to its full extend, I would recommend you to start reading about Gentoo right away. Putting memes aside, if you force yourself to learn how to do it, you will get to understand about your system more than what you would by using any of the other distros I just mentioned.

Gentoo it is. Looks like I have a new years resolution.

Good choice.

Just fucking use Ubuntu. People that are serious programmers use it without even changing the desktop background. It has the most support and if you want something that works as intended you'll find no better.

Or, you can be like a retard on this board and spend your free time trying to get your hardware switches to work rather than doing something productive.

Yeah but it ugly af

"ugly af?"
thought u were more interested in getting the job done! fuck_off cuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=6bsNIdYw5Ak :o)

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1280x720, 871.53K)

*BSD unironically

Do people on this board even do anything aside from arguing about operating systems? What good is an OS if all you do with it is shitpost about OSes on a shitty neckbeard safe space?

I wish emacs had a built-in kernel, that way you wouldn't even need an os to be productive

Out of the current mainstream DEs, Gnome3 has the shittiest interface. Use Mint instead, same shit with a decent interface.

The problem wouldn't be a kernnel, but d r i v e r s.

Really good video, love Lukes content. Now I'm hung on whether I should use Gentoo or Arch.

Isn't that a contradiction?

A better question is, what's the most complete distro? What's a distro that, upon installation, can do as many things as a user may want all relatively smoothly? What is the swiss army knife of distributions?

Ubuntu is laggy as hell on some hardware. Xubuntu, lubuntu and shits are pretty decent.

Tails/whonix

unironically install gentoo