ICQ: "ICQ Official: From December 28, we will no longer support old versions of ICQ and other unofficial applications."

So, what does everyone use to chat/filetrade with these days, then?

Attached: Conspiracy.jpg (540x540, 77.31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

compliance.conversations.im/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Discord

Attached: happymerchant.jpg (501x585, 73.82K)

Use IRC like a fucking normal human being.

IRC is a mossad botnet, dumbass
almost every IRC blocks Tor and socks proxies. and many IRC require you to make account so everything is recorded

Zig Forums everybody

In the context of alternatives to ICQ, this is... incredibly retarded.

ICQ was literally made in Israel you stupid fuck.

OP here. Got Discord set up. Thanks for the info!

Attached: Bubbles.jpg (600x465, 52.41K)

IRC doesn't keep logs, unless you yourself use a client that records all of your conversations.
Also, why is it specifically a mossad botnet as opposed to a cia/kgb/mi6 botnet?

Have you never heard of freenode, one of the most popular IRC networks? They allow Tor.

Freenode blocks tor unless you deanonymize yourself with a special certificate tied to a mandatory freenode account which is tied to a botnet email provider such as jewgle, yahoo/nsa, and etc.

That's exactly what he implied you illiterate nigger.

Maybe you should fucking re-read what was posted before calling people illiterate.

Enjoy your new botnet

Not our fault you're too nigger tier retarded to anonymously do all that to remain anonymous. What, you thought being anonymous didn't take work? Lazy nigger go back to cuckchan /g/!

You're actually dumber than a nigger, why are you here?

Look, I know your pea-sized brain doesn't know there's a difference between "IRC" and "ICQ", but I can assure you that there is.

It's too basic. Might as well just send plain text files to each other.

There are no other options, ey?

XMPP + OTR is the best option for secure convos. Discord log everything is

Why not XMPP + OMEMO?

servers keep logs of your messages dumbass
just like everything else that doesn't normally do e2e encryption
but the most stupid thing about IRC is that even client to server encryption is optional and assumed off by default

Ever tried Telegram?
Im new on Zig Forums, but its a pretty solid platform to share files and chat on, you can also use specific chats to terminate all information in a set time.
Is there something I missed about it, which is why it's not recommended here I need to know about?
It's been recommended to me by friends before and it's pretty good.

Attached: 10665263_10204697534055432_8087347488263946570_n.jpg (235x214, 8.64K)

IRC. The same damn thing I've been using for the past 15 years.

Also TOR is a fucking honeypot. Who still uses this shit after the FBI/CIA niggers invaded?

I don't think you understand how Tor works. No single actor can invade it.

Might as well just use discord you fucking nigger

isn't ICQ Russian malwares, nao, anyways?

Telegram is made by the Russian government.

There's no reason to use anything other than irc or email now. Instant messaging applications were great when you knew people in real life who spent all their time pissing around on the internet, but after several years people get jobs and have shit to do and instant messaging becomes useless. I don't think anyone I used to chat with still uses it, it became just a novelty and now text messaging on phones has taken that over.
At least with irc you can find some channels of relevant discussion that move faster than shitty forums that require email verification and so many posts/threads created before feature X is available and take months for someone to respond to a thread/post before promptly being locked/deleted by an admin because it's a duplicate of some dead thread from the 90's. Then you've got email for actually important shit, everything else is a shit meme.

where did he said that ICQ is not mossad botnet?
smart action

I hate typing on phones though. IRC is okay but annoying now because they want you to register nick. In the 90's it was less trouble and more fun. Someone stole your nick? Oh well, just add some 1337 characters around it something. Also those channel splits and takeovers, good times!
I used talk/ytalk a lot too (or even just write) on shell accounts. That was closer to BBS style chat, where you could watch the other user(s) type in real time, and correct their mistakes, etc. Finger was pretty cool too.
I don't like any of the web or GUI shit. Even imageboard is painful, compared to Usenet.

No it isn't, fuck off.
>>>/reddit/

It doesn't and even networks that do don't need to request email validation during registration

OP is a faggot once more

IRC is a protocol designed to let you to have real-time conversations with multiple strangers. If you're not already assuming it's insecure for that setting alone then you are kinda dumb.

It isn't required that they be strangers.

I reccomend Threema as it is End to end encrypted and can also be used anonymously.

How is it anonymous when you have to buy it in the app store / play store?

You don't have to get it from the app store and can buy it with bitcoin directly from them.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA the worst is when its something where the users should give a shit like a piracy community.

Only if you configure the server to do so, dumbass
Try avoiding that one with any sort of messaging app

Wish I'd sold my ICQ number back when you could get a cool hundred or so bucks on eBay for decent ones.

This is a warning that the hobby itself is cursed. Run.

No it isn't retard

Why?

Attached: IMG_20190114_115400.jpg (850x850, 102.59K)

Such a honeypot the three letters and the army use it, sure.

Why would a three letter be wary of their own honeypot

8ch? I do. Don't you have terrorists to catch?

You're using Zig Forums, though.

Anything with an user input box is not only monitored and compromised, but infiltrated and actively manipulated by the USA, Canada, Australia, UK and Germany, at least.

Social media with more undercovers than real people includes: Youtube streams, Twitch streams, 4chan, Reddit, Hacker News, big IRC servers and channels, and more...

Because honeypot implies vulnerabilities, and vulnerabilities imply that another country could know about them too.
The army especially would not be ok with their own idea for high security comms being backdoored, as that would make it a colossal liability.
They had that before coming up with onion routing, they still found out that hiding message paths was needed.

Https://compliance.xmpp.org

Story, I mean compliance.conversations.im/

gno away

That's the problem
email, torrents, irc, infinitychan (I have 0 social contacts so I don't know)

All these retards talking about IRC as if it was some specific entity.
Sure there are shit networks like Freenode that blocks Tor and logs everything but for every such network there is at least dozen better networks.

Most networks allow Tor and if you're so concerned about logging you could just run your own network or use one run by a friend of yours.
The best part about IRC is that no single entity is in control of it.
Only a retard would use ICQ, Telegram or Discord.

German criminal police got access to some (((100% secure End-to-End encrypted))) group chat logs a year or two ago, Telegram is a scam

And you could also just run an ircd as a hidden service that exists only on tor.

Sounds fine to me. Bring back BINASCII.

Attached: philo-farnsworth.jpg (1200x675, 79.02K)

its really hard on something like discord. theres no official logging thing on it so you would have to make your own logger for it

You'll never find anything else. I ran a cheap board 2003-2008, once you get popular you're done. One, if not multiple, groups will bombard your board with illegal shit and the spooks come out and tell you you can avoid responsibility if you give them access to police. Entrapment or shakedown, but I presume this is what got Dredd Pirate locked up, trying to hide and avoid them from infiltrating.

If you're gonna do irc, use i2p because it has it built in. Less likely to make a mistake that way.

Matrix

IPFS

What about Signal?

not anonymous and not a magic storage system where you can dump your garbage and have someone else host it

Funded by the US government
It's the only decent IM app these days.