Reminder that if you're using discord instead of riot you don't belong here

Carter Myers
Carter Myers

Reminder that if you're using discord instead of riot you don't belong here.

My friends use discord
So did mine. Convert them to riot one by one.

it lacks X feature
Riot is almost as feature complete as discord, and its updated frequently. It gets better every day.

SUPPORT FOSS SOFTWARE user

Attached: 1*xxT16SKwjeZMiQf-bszplw.png (35.86 KB, 589x588)

Other urls found in this thread:

riot.im/app/#/group/ Zig Forums:matrix.org
riot.im/app/#/group/ tech:matrix.ordoevangelistarum.com
github.com/vector-im/riot-web
github.com/matrix-org/synapse
github.com/matrix-org/dendrite
matrix.org/docs/guides/code_of_conduct.html
blog.torproject.org/sunsetting-tor-messenger
ricochet.im/
aminoapps.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=OwuEwhX1M_M
archive.org/details/youtube-QN_6AZT92pU
youtube.com/watch?v=QN_6AZT92pU
github.com/ThalKod/discord-clone
tavrn.gg/
totallysafe.website/
delta.chat/en/
delta.chat/en/help#groups
unseen.is/
compliance.conversations.im/
homebrewserver.club/picking-modern-xmpp-clients.html
gitlab.com/thegridprotocol/home
github.com/alphapapa/matrix-client.el
chat.nobodyhasthe.biz
f-droid.org/packages/im.vector.alpha/

Colton Bell
Colton Bell

<obligatory webm
OP doesn't link any rooms or communities for people to join
8ch.net rooms on Matrix:
riot.im/app/#/group/ Zig Forums:matrix.org
Zig Forums rooms on Matrix:
riot.im/app/#/group/ tech:matrix.ordoevangelistarum.com
If you're planning to try out riot, please keep in mind that there is a desktop client that you can use (usually named riot or riot-web if your distro has it) so you don't need to use it from the browser.
COME JOIN US!

Attached: why-discord-is-trash.webm (5.37 MB, 1280x720)

Jordan Rivera
Jordan Rivera

<obligatory webm 2
(couldnt fit it all in one post)

Attached: Why-You-Shouldn't-Use-Discord.webm (11.95 MB, 711x400)

Jeremiah Gray
Jeremiah Gray

even if you're some gay fag that feels the need to use proprietary software you should use teamspeak instead of discord. discord is webcrap software made by charlatans

Isaiah Bailey
Isaiah Bailey

how do i riot?

Jace Young
Jace Young

i know this guide looks long/autistic but it will help you immensely in case you want to get started
image courtesy of the /mde/ group

Attached: mde-chat.png (4.09 MB, 3529x13334)

Andrew Gonzalez
Andrew Gonzalez

using anything for communication other than your self-hosted email

Attached: 7f4811a3c0ad67d61d501e42b7a3d84c4f52d1ac6b47ca62409988d624414a8b.jpg (20.95 KB, 356x374)

Jaxson Wilson
Jaxson Wilson

What the fuck is this autistic shit

It's a chat program

Attached: 97405d00e82a847af0e0e5e7be18d1e9395f087fe2b86c292a46cd72bd587292.png (19.29 KB, 595x461)

Charles Gutierrez
Charles Gutierrez

i know i know
it should help you with any question you have though

Nolan Wilson
Nolan Wilson

But I mean does it really have to explain what an avatar and a username is and detail every button and menu and tell you that you can click a username?

Samuel Watson
Samuel Watson

Its very comprehensive

Aiden Lewis
Aiden Lewis

Ignore the guide, it pretty much works like discord except typing someone's name mentions them regardless of @.
usernames or "matrix IDs" are in the form of @user:homeserver.org

Alexander Flores
Alexander Flores

using normalcattleware

Logan Hill
Logan Hill

When it comes out with the new UI design I'll be it.

David Taylor
David Taylor

having friends

Wyatt Kelly
Wyatt Kelly

why are you promoting this instead of Tox? is Tox dead?

using anything for communication other than your self-hosted email
<implying that gives you much when NSA can record network traffic to and from your server

David Baker
David Baker

this

Oliver Morales
Oliver Morales

Tox is buggy unusable garbage, and is abandoned.

Cooper Rogers
Cooper Rogers

What's up with this? It has a CoC as well.

Attached: IMG-20181229-081324.jpg (36.24 KB, 720x221)

Luke Baker
Luke Baker

Attached: IMG-20181229-081808.jpg (171.89 KB, 720x1039)

Joshua Reyes
Joshua Reyes

github.com/vector-im/riot-web
github.com/matrix-org/synapse
github.com/matrix-org/dendrite

Matrix OrdoEvangelistarum has no CoC, matrix.org's homeserver does.

Gabriel Wilson
Gabriel Wilson

matrix.org/docs/guides/code_of_conduct.html

Attached: Screenshot-Firefox-Klar-20181229-082025.png (178.13 KB, 720x1280)

Jeremiah Roberts
Jeremiah Roberts

Matrix OrdoEvangelistarum has no CoC, matrix.org's homeserver does.

So how do i get in and can i communicate with people on the default server?

Brandon Nelson
Brandon Nelson

literaly rape

Attached: IMG-20181229-082330.jpg (25.68 KB, 594x233)

James White
James White

Read and choose matrix.ordoevangelistarum.com as the server
Fuck the default server for being SJW

Ethan Cruz
Ethan Cruz

abandoned.
Wasnt it getting bigger?

Isaiah Hill
Isaiah Hill

Few of my friends and I have been trying to use it (on and off) for years now. It is still practically unusable for serious messaging. It works well when you want to use only one client and do not care about offline messages. It is also full of pedos and is insecure.

Angel Scott
Angel Scott

So how do i get in
You can just register on their site
and can i communicate with people on the default server?
Yes. Federated services typically allow communication between the different servers.

David Cox
David Cox

How about Tor Messenger?
oh wait, they shut it down blog.torproject.org/sunsetting-tor-messenger

or XMPP + Tor + OTR/PGP
The last point is compatibility. Now XMPP is supported by a lot of clients, it is de facto a geek standard for communication. With CoyIM you can support messaging with those geeks who are still not using specialized tools and continue to use XMPP+OTR/PGP.

or ricochet.im/
Ricochet uses Tor core functionality, aka an unique onion service to connect two people together, without any metadata. It's also completely open source (on github).

Landon Lee
Landon Lee

RIOT IS A BOTNET AND HONEYPOT. DO NOT USE

Matrix/riot is good, but mostly for not too much paranoia people. At the moment encrypted chat history is stored forever at matrix servers, which is not good, but necessary to make multi-client support with synchronized chat histories.
At the moment encrypted chat history is stored forever at matrix servers

Matrix.org and other matrix servers do not allow to register account using Tor because it requires Google reCAPTCHA which blocks tor now.

Kevin Fisher
Kevin Fisher

TOR is honeypot

Parker Gutierrez
Parker Gutierrez

What's the point if you have to use google captcha just to make an account to post with? That's not a big upgrade over just using discord.

Attached: 5cbc1f8e706285b8e33a7f09f5716c8c8d6e725245a088769f452484a95f3029.png (220.84 KB, 716x720)

Hunter Edwards
Hunter Edwards

Use a different home server.they're working towards replacing Google captcha with a different one

Anthony Evans
Anthony Evans

What's the point if you have to use google captcha just to make an account to post with?
There is no point.

Use a different home server.they're working towards replacing Google captcha with a different one
what server?
working towards
fuck them. if they ever decided to use (((Google))) captcha, they cannot be trusted

Jeremiah Brooks
Jeremiah Brooks

what server?
I use the default server because im a huge cuck, but I know there are other servers that use alternative captchas.

Jason Price
Jason Price

I use the default server because im a huge cuck, but I know there are other servers that use alternative captchas.
If you "know" them then post them
how do you know if you never used them?

Oliver Ortiz
Oliver Ortiz

pedos use Tox or XMPP with Tor and OTR

should we use what pedos use, if they don't get caught?

Adrian Miller
Adrian Miller

They don't get caught because nobody is monitoring it. Somebody has tobe watching it for them to get in trouble. Nobody cares about it yet.

Gabriel Collins
Gabriel Collins

Matrix is a protocol.

Charles Davis
Charles Davis

Briar is basically a better Tox

Samuel Wilson
Samuel Wilson

It's made by mde fans. What did you expect?

Jaxson Gutierrez
Jaxson Gutierrez

Can't you just disable JavaScript for the captcha? I've also seen of a tool on Firefox that automatically solves Google captcha but I don't remember the name of it

Attached: 4402ded360bdccb9473a7536989c98c3100c47a3e001426ce879de5cf9e20496.png (82.44 KB, 300x300)

Juan Wilson
Juan Wilson

Also you're basically saying that a one time-spyware it's the same as a 24/7 honeypot that records beyond your browser. It's just not the same.

Attached: f1a2b473f1a5c7c1745dc672ebcd56a0a6125fbbf14ed48e817797fc9826d0a4.png (197 KB, 661x277)

Benjamin Thomas
Benjamin Thomas

Matrix is a mess that copies the format of the worst communication service I've ever come across, but
At the moment encrypted chat history is stored forever at matrix servers
Host your own instance and reduce the maximum logging. You'll need some amount of logging if you want a drop-in Discord replacement. If you don't want Discord, use XMPP or IRC and endpoint encryption. Either way, you'd have to be very simple to assume nobody you send messages to has logs enabled in whatever client they're using.
Host your own instance.

Asher Jones
Asher Jones

Reminder that if you're using recaptcha after 2009 your website is botnet.

Jaxon Gonzalez
Jaxon Gonzalez

Neat CIA OP. Bet you can't install XMPP or mumble yourself.

Jaxon Morgan
Jaxon Morgan

Begone with your ancient software thot
Xmpp still isn't better than discord, and mumble lacks persistent messages which I like.
I was going to chain together IRC and mumble for persistent chat but I decided thats too much work and now riot

Oliver Anderson
Oliver Anderson

Xmpp isn't better than irc*

Sorry user I must be retarded

Justin Sanders
Justin Sanders

Reminder that Riot is ugly and buggy and nobody cares about your freetard shit until it works at least as well as the non-freetard shit, ideally better.

Jose Jenkins
Jose Jenkins

It works just as well as discord, better in some aspects. Quit being a shill and support free software.

Juan Ortiz
Juan Ortiz

Xmpp isn't better than irc
it is better because you can use Xmpp with Tor. you cannot use IRC with Tor because they ban Tor exit nodes

Xavier Nelson
Xavier Nelson

Tor is a honeypot

Connor Morgan
Connor Morgan

Imageboards need to stop with this static shit and add liveposting already.

Basically take discord, except you post anonymously in threads instead of group chats, and it opens as a static content if you have js disabled.

Meguca is a step in the right direction but the "watch as snailposters type their post" is retarded, and the owner is a jew cuckchanner who's too retarded to make his website work on firefox.

Attached: pb50q4cx.png (153.34 KB, 210x573)

Jackson Flores
Jackson Flores

What is auto refresh

Charles Roberts
Charles Roberts

A piece of stone-age shit and bloat.

You could be getting your posts instantly and directly as they come in and see when your watched threads are updated, but instead we have to keep loading the thread or some unreliable json blob over and over and over even if nobody is posting, and the more things you want to keep track of the worse and more bloated it gets for your browser.

Brayden Thomas
Brayden Thomas

Federated imageboards when

Gabriel Kelly
Gabriel Kelly

Never because imageboard software is stuck in 2005 level, and any hope of it moving to the next level died when Josh fucked up infinity next.

Xavier Ramirez
Xavier Ramirez

Why couldn't it happen, user? All it takes is an user with even a bit of intelligence, its not like this shit is hard. Retards make federated shit all the time. ID do it but in confirmer retarded.

Robert Bell
Robert Bell

It could, but nobody is making anything new. All the new imageboard projects are either unfinished or don't add anything new or both of the above.

I'd make one myself too if I had any server development skills.

Jose Young
Jose Young

Every non-exclusive community I've been a part of that switched to or started on some form of instant multimedia mass-messaging has either splintered or rapidly degraded to an inane circlejerk. Hell, I don't think I've ever interacted with anyone who actively uses Discord that I'd be comfortable leaving my child with unsupervised. It's like there's something about the format that either allures to the worst people or that brings the worst out of people. It's not something I've ever felt on other types of platforms either; not on IRC (non-multimedia, non-persistent), Mumble (non-persistent) or imageboards/forums (non-instant). Maybe the marginal difference between periodic refreshes and instant posting has some serious psychological effect.

Michael Anderson
Michael Anderson

We need to think of projects that are not FOSS and replicate that using FOSS tech
My eyes are on aminoapps.com/ and Discord (as they have the best communities)

Nathan Lewis
Nathan Lewis

We need foss developers to stop being immature stubborn little children and start adopting good ideas that proprietary programs have and actually aim their software towards consumer usage rather than programmer usage.

Charles Jones
Charles Jones

Oh wow another Electron app.

Jackson Robinson
Jackson Robinson

Exactly, normies are our cattle, not the other way around. It is either consumer-friendly or never. Too many faggots on Zig Forums don't get this.

Liam Nelson
Liam Nelson

youtube.com/watch?v=OwuEwhX1M_M
Everyone here needs to see this.

Either we make something new (which is really hard) or make something 10x better
Either we disrupt the scene of group messaging scene with FOSS or we just suck

Attached: Human-Universals-620x439.jpg (44.94 KB, 620x439)

Connor Bell
Connor Bell

ok but listen to this:
Text-only chat from the terminal with TOR and AES256 encryption, linux source code release only. Now that will kill discord! If you don't like it then get out!

Jaxon Johnson
Jaxon Johnson

get out
spotted the nocode /trannypol/ nigger.

Jacob Roberts
Jacob Roberts

courtship
greetings
housing
kin groups
language
postnatal care
status differentiation
tool making
There are non-human animals that do all these things.

Tyler Hernandez
Tyler Hernandez

You do realize that only LARPers give TEDx talks?

Colton Sanders
Colton Sanders

1/2 would be LARPers and the other half would be masons or illuminati incarnate, so my bet is on the latter, since I want to fight the kikes

Oliver Hughes
Oliver Hughes

I don't think there's an animal that makes tools as much as uses something as a tool.

John Ramirez
John Ramirez

I know I'm late, but does anyone have a (((youtube))) link, so I can share with my normie friends and family?

Daniel Butler
Daniel Butler

He took the video down. It's archived.
archive.org/details/youtube-QN_6AZT92pU

Levi Watson
Levi Watson

Thanks!

Samuel Thompson
Samuel Thompson

youtube.com/watch?v=QN_6AZT92pU

Brayden Taylor
Brayden Taylor

Really, you're better off with Mattermost than Matrix-based messaging in most cases. There are tradeoffs, but Mattermost is a simpler design, and easier to use, maintain, and manage. You should assess your use cases and default to Mattermost unless you really need federation or E2E encryption (and most people actually do not; server-to-client encryption is usually good enough when you control the server).

Mattermost is a replacement for Slack and Discord. Matrix is a replacement for IRC, and all that implies. They have similar use-cases, but fill different niches. If you want a private dedicated invite-only chat server, Mattermost is what you should probably be using.

Sebastian Stewart
Sebastian Stewart

Hello CIA

Gavin Nguyen
Gavin Nguyen

Hello kike

Sebastian Myers
Sebastian Myers

Hello Chabad

Angel Williams
Angel Williams

Howdy partner

Gavin Ortiz
Gavin Ortiz

Mattermost and Rocketchat can replace slack as a project management chat, but not Discord, as it can't handle the "servers and invites" like discord does, people can't just join the network and share their private room in an efficient manner. Also VoIP is not possible so it does not really work.

Dominic Foster
Dominic Foster

Either this github.com/ThalKod/discord-clone
Or this tavrn.gg/ (/ourguy/)

Those are our options to fight against (((SPLC/Disocrd)))

Jose Watson
Jose Watson

it's full of aids

Jason Parker
Jason Parker

small incomplete rip off of discord
some "social network" (gay af) with no preview, that requires registration on another separate website

nope.
riot.im

Kayden Cook
Kayden Cook

Or this tavrn.gg/ (/ourguy/)
fuck off triangle faggots

Gavin Green
Gavin Green

Riot is good... until you realize it is a slow shitty ripoff of Discord that does not have everything. Again, and has some good points

Grayson Roberts
Grayson Roberts

its so close though, im quite happy with it.

but the cuck devs need to work faster its been years and its a basic program.

based anons revolutionize technology pls

Charles Bailey
Charles Bailey

based anons revolutionize technology pls
I'll do it if you teach me networking in pure C so I can make tutorials and code samples to make it easy for other people

Noah Brooks
Noah Brooks

Can't get fucking past the (((ReCaptcha)))
Isn't it ironic how Google has build an empire scraping data and is now involved in making sure people can't do the same?

Easton Perry
Easton Perry

It's an IRC knockoff made in python and pajeetscript, using web services and json for communication, with a discord dress.

Jaxson Phillips
Jaxson Phillips

its called eliminating the competition.

Dylan Howard
Dylan Howard

What does either Discord or Riot have that IRC doesn't? My main interest in chat rooms is development discussion.

Ryder Ward
Ryder Ward

inline media, voice and video calls.

Cameron Anderson
Cameron Anderson

Well fuck that

Brandon Myers
Brandon Myers

Reminder that if you use bloatware like Riot or Matrix instead of simplistic alternatives like IRC, Tox, Unix Talk, Email, or other things that have been good enough and have worked right for the past 6 decades then you are a pleb

Austin Moore
Austin Moore

banter.city, by anons for anons, sign up at totallysafe.website/

Jayden Rodriguez
Jayden Rodriguez

Either way, you'd have to be very simple to assume nobody you send messages to has logs enabled in whatever client they're using.
Said logs does not store your ip, but a hash (unles you are a retard using freenode), it is also not hard to make up logs, so plausible deniability applies.

Jace Bell
Jace Bell

What are some matrix groups related to computer science or math?

Jackson Moore
Jackson Moore

you are not allowed to use a computer for your own convenience
bloat is not allowed on a computer

Nathan Carter
Nathan Carter

I feel like there's a difference between being comprehensive and providing English lessons and fucking 2001 monolith in your manual to a computer program though. Some things you just have to assume people already know.

Juan Jenkins
Juan Jenkins

+delta.chat for the plebs who can't into PGP
delta.chat/en/

Sebastian Williams
Sebastian Williams

no group chat
failure in one link

David Rogers
David Rogers

delta.chat/en/help#groups

Owen Morgan
Owen Morgan

What do you guys think about unseen.is/ ?
Is it botnet?

Charles Adams
Charles Adams

yes

Ryder King
Ryder King

Attached: 1.mp4 (202.92 KB, 1280x720)

Wyatt Miller
Wyatt Miller

no self-host

Ryder Brooks
Ryder Brooks

garbage ui
Just like that dog shit discord

Levi Gutierrez
Levi Gutierrez

Probably.

Julian Wright
Julian Wright

Use XMPP
Pick server
compliance.conversations.im/
Pick client
homebrewserver.club/picking-modern-xmpp-clients.html

John Hall
John Hall

Except every NiggerCattle uses Discord
And Matrix is the only option left that is FOSS
What about Grid? gitlab.com/thegridprotocol/home
They are promising less bloat and better UI

Justin Cooper
Justin Cooper

not using telegram
one of the few FOSS programs that are usable by normies without instruction

Dominic Stewart
Dominic Stewart

Gay Related ImmunoDeficiency
Hmmmm

Lucas Carter
Lucas Carter

What's wrong with signal?

Jaxon Torres
Jaxon Torres

Discord is the best chat software period

Logan Evans
Logan Evans

telegram
FOSS
while there is a FOSS client on fdroid, and official telegram clients are open source, telegram is not free software because of their server side

Adam Murphy
Adam Murphy

Centralised, requires a phone number, electron desktop program which you can't use without linking it to a phone.

Dylan Rivera
Dylan Rivera

The server code is published under the AGPLv3 license
what?

Ian Hernandez
Ian Hernandez

Nice try, Durov FSB.

Jack Russell
Jack Russell

not allowed to use the webapp unless you install the phone app
Literally why? What an utterly cancerous decision.

Cameron Mitchell
Cameron Mitchell

I don't care how good the protocol is supposed to be if the implimentations are shit.
The best client is Riot and it's an electron app. For a chat program.
The standard server is written in Python and uses a shitload of resources. For a chat protocol.
Why people think it's a sane idea to shill for this now is beyond me.
I'm not going to spend 3GBs on a server with 0 users, and then another GB on my client to connect to it just to bounce text around when XMPP not only exists, but the software for it is mature.
Maybe in 5 years. If people don't abandon it, like they've already done for some of the more promising clients like Nheko.

Gabriel Edwards
Gabriel Edwards

Not sure what you're talking about, that's not the case.

Logan Bennett
Logan Bennett

implimentations
I don't care how good the post is supposed to be if the grammar is shit.

Jose Parker
Jose Parker

grammar
You did that on purpose didn't you.

Aaron Williams
Aaron Williams

I tried it, it's pretty damn good but lacks a couple of desired features. 1: being able to click and drag to upload files, 2: default matrix server doesn't provide online/offline presence information

Josiah Hill
Josiah Hill

Godot uses multiple FOSS chats like IRC and matrix but every dipshit uses discord because GAMUR CHAT.

Eli Bennett
Eli Bennett

is that the retarded thing that does not allow posting a comment and picture in the same message?

Jack Ross
Jack Ross

what happened to the dev of nheko? why did he give up?

Chase Diaz
Chase Diaz

1: being able to click and drag to upload files
Works on my machine.

2: default matrix server doesn't provide online/offline presence information
Yeah the default homeserver is shit. That's why you should use one of the other ones participating in the federation.

Dylan Thomas
Dylan Thomas

That's why you should use one of the other ones participating in the federation.
gibs me list

Chase Richardson
Chase Richardson

Is nntpchan federated?

Benjamin Nelson
Benjamin Nelson

Retroshare

Jace Taylor
Jace Taylor

matrix.ordoevangelistarum.com

Leo Walker
Leo Walker

Is there a list of acceptable communications platforms?

Joseph Turner
Joseph Turner

Works on my machine.
It works on browser but not on the desktop app which is what I prefer to use.

Lucas Torres
Lucas Torres

You can self-host this too and it's federated like email

Joseph Myers
Joseph Myers

works but you cant send a message with the file like you can on discord.

James Rogers
James Rogers

Use discord
No use Riot
No use IRC
No just email
No use Skype
No use teamspeak

And the worst part is:

Wow, there are so many services out there. Why don't I make a new one that's better and definitive!
No guys don't use that new one use this one it's way better

Logan Robinson
Logan Robinson

At least Riot has six million bridges so you can still talk to people through your IRC client and whatnot.

Daniel Ramirez
Daniel Ramirez

You mean file-message pairs?

Jaxson Gonzalez
Jaxson Gonzalez

Imageboards need to stop with this static shit and add liveposting already.
Basically take discord, except you post anonymously in threads instead of group chats, and it opens as a static content if you have js disabled.
What is the point? why would you need to instantly see new posts? why not just post your text, then do something else, refresh thread after many hours or a day?
what is wrong with millenials like you?

Text-only chat from the terminal with TOR and AES256 encryption, linux source code release only. Now that will kill discord! If you don't like it then get out!
how will you prevent spam?
if it's text-only, how will we share cp with it?

Blake Scott
Blake Scott

Both are shitty bloatware.
Also how is just using something FOSS supporting it if it doesn't, for example collect your usage data?

Nicholas King
Nicholas King

why not just post your text, then do something else, refresh thread after many hours or a day?
what is wrong with millenials like you?
fast paced work cycles and phone call like communication speeds

You can self-host matrix and you can compile from source

Elijah Stewart
Elijah Stewart

post your text, then do something else, refresh thread after many hours or a day
What is the point? why would you need to wait hours/days to see new posts? why not just post your text, and have it appear instantly?
what is wrong with boomers like you?

Gabriel Fisher
Gabriel Fisher

bloatware
FOSS

no thanks I prefer multiplayer notepad

Attached: e916a85cfd271b6161198dcbfcadaf16c451854e42fd38ab6b4a35d72805fb6e.jpg (273.29 KB, 494x449)

Ian Bell
Ian Bell

Imagine not using IRC

Isaiah Roberts
Isaiah Roberts

shill your shit stain of a software elsewhere you fucking jew. Your software is a copy-paste of discord included with the goyism syndrome.

To you niggers who lurk

Don't use Discord, Don't use Riot.

Use IRC.

Attached: .png (155.87 KB, 263x400)

Samuel Thompson
Samuel Thompson

Use IRC over I2P and I will agree with you.

Tyler Torres
Tyler Torres

That's my point you dumb nigger

David Brooks
David Brooks

You never mentioned I2P. Using IRC without it is bad as every message is transmitted unencrypted and your IP address is revealed.

Caleb Jones
Caleb Jones

IRC
Stop shilling your nigger bloatware.

Nathan Bailey
Nathan Bailey

Reminder that after registering you can use other clients such as weechat, gomuks, nheko, fractal.

Henry Moore
Henry Moore

Also Emacs! github.com/alphapapa/matrix-client.el

Levi Allen
Levi Allen

telegram
What's so special about it? I hear everywhere how secure and private it is, but it turned out that it requires a fucking PHONE NUMBER!!!
Are you complete fucking idiots to use this shit?

Lincoln Wood
Lincoln Wood

Pain in the ass to use.
Irc is easier.
For some reason i cannot do a private chat (encrypted) with a friend.

Cooper Scott
Cooper Scott

What's so special about it?
nothing really, it's just a good WhatsApp clone that's more focused on communities rather than contacts
it requires a fucking PHONE NUMBER!!!
that's why you use a burner number. there are many ways to get that sort of stuff

Hunter Morgan
Hunter Morgan

What's this

Attached: 2019-02-04-144901-461x134-scrot.png (11.49 KB, 461x134)

Bentley Myers
Bentley Myers

I have people to talk to online
chad

Attached: badfeelingsfrog.png (266.8 KB, 400x401)

Leo Hill
Leo Hill

if you're sucking this dick instead of these balls you don't belong here

Attached: gays-not-welcome.jpg (43.57 KB, 329x399)

Nathaniel Watson
Nathaniel Watson

How do you guys feel about 'The Grid' project? Its a privacy and Security focused fork of matrix.

Alexander Perez
Alexander Perez

Kinda fuck slow, and those guys don't want to learn about the UI parts of Discord (what makes it good to use for normalfags), which will definitely slow adoption

Eli Ross
Eli Ross

They do, but they're focusing on the spec and server implementation now.
And the server is already capable of some basic stuff.

Noah Carter
Noah Carter

So did mine. Convert them to riot one by one.
Retard
Your friends aren't young or are degenerate linuxians. Good luck convincing 99ers to shift into using Riot, Tox or even IRC instead of whatsapp/discord when they are all using smartphones

Attached: flies.png (82.59 KB, 645x614)

Lucas Sullivan
Lucas Sullivan

I did it with a friend of mine, who's completely unnaware of anything related to free software or freetardism (The guy uses Windows 10, spends money buying jewvidea graphic cards and also in botnet DRM platforms like Steam). But I just told him once 'hey I'm not going to use Discord anymore because X and Y, let's use Riot instead', and I then told him how to download it and use it. It didn't take more than 5 minutes, and since then we've been using it for all our voice-call purposes. Also as a plus, it's a good way to introduce him to free software and the likes.

Robert Young
Robert Young

You are lucky. Mine often associate Riot and other software in that department with paranoia and autism, due to the massive propaganda they've been fed with. But I've known them for more than ten years so I can't just ditch them. Perhaps I'll try shilling it again

Jeremiah Martin
Jeremiah Martin

Just get them to use Riot for android.
chat.nobodyhasthe.biz and f-droid.org/packages/im.vector.alpha/ would do

IRC is CIANiggerware

I hope they succeed

Brayden Ramirez
Brayden Ramirez

Reminder that Riot.im currently uses google recaptcha and google fonts.
Go to their channel and voice your feeling on that.

Jack Barnes
Jack Barnes

Link plz

Jackson Perez
Jackson Perez

Check I think one of them don't use Recaptcha

Eli Morris
Eli Morris

gitlab.com/thegridprotocol/home

James Sanchez
James Sanchez

i would