Why does this exist ?!

Why does this exist ?!
What can you possibly do on your phone that needs that much ram ? Is anyone using their Android phone for heavy cad drawing ?

Attached: Razer-Phone.jpg (900x506, 63.93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

iswc.pw/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Razer phone? Games. Apparently there are some mobile games that do require a lot of RAM and CPU and shit.

It's mostly for marketing purposes though. For a company, adding a couple of GB of RAM to a device should cost like 20 $ tops, but they can exploit that in marketing by offering more features than the competition, even if those features are useless for most of the population.

On a day-to-day basis, there shouldn't be that much of a difference between 8 GB of RAM and 2 GB of RAM to be honest thanks to Android's weird RAM management. It should, however, mean that the OS will close fewer background applications and thus switching between background apps should be faster.

Money.
Depends on the amount of bloat it has installed per default.
Companies don't care if their software suck 1GB of ram they want money, they don't care nor about people nor about technology.
And besides we know that razer datamines it's users via it's software, even their new mousse were found having a coin mining software.
Razer is shit, it needs to die.

Open 3 tabs in your browser.

to support all the javascript botnets running in the background

Razer markets to kids with too much money to spend. When I was rolling in crypto profits last year, I bought a full Razer setup, like 6k USD worth of shit. Every single device failed within the first year. Their products are made with the cheapest parts you can buy... it's polished turd. The custom software they distribute with their peripherals and systems are also very glitchy.

More RAM means more room to cache. Reading cache from storage is much slower than RAM. The more software you use, the more you benefit from having large amounts of RAM.
Also, docking it onto a display to use it as a desktop becomes more viable.
If smartphones weren't locked down pieces of shit you'd also be able to install a generic Linux distro on this to use it as a low powered desktop.

At least now you know you're retarded and won't do it again.

Android.
Android needs a minimum 2GB to be usable. 4+ is best.

I have 50 tabs in opera with only 700mb of ram

This concept makes no sense for a simple reason. You need to add a monitor, keyboard, and mouse to make it a desktop. But lugging around all that crap is much less convenient than just using a laptop.

Attached: GPD-Pocket-Mini-PC.jpg (619x418, 21.05K)

Attached: 1.jpg (939x754, 320.37K)

You could do anything you can do on a computer. Plug in external mouse and keyboard, etc.

In more practical terms, this.

It was a drop in the bucket from the almost half mil I made. But yeah, lesson learned.

Compact and wireless mice exist. Compact and foldable keyboards exist. I assume anywhere you go where you'd want to use this solution is going to already have a TV or a monitor. It's not a replacement for laptops, but it can be for some people.

$700 phone vs $300 phone
$400 for a razer logo. Not surprising seeing as they sell rubber dome keyboards for $80

Attached: Capture.PNG (723x270 251.49 KB, 243.66K)

Both are shit. But poco being less expensive at least makes it a smarter choice.

I own a pocophone because I have no self respect and because Huawei are overpriced shit, Oppo is overpriced shit, LG haven't made a good phone since the G4, Sony aren't relevant, Samsung is horrible and don't know what UX is, Apple is full goy tier and every other manufacturer is a joke right now. It's a decent phone with a few software bugs. The fingerprint scanner is fucking fast as shit, it has a plastic body so doesn't disintegrate when dropped and lets you use an SD card for storage. MIUI hasn't annoyed me yet either and it's powerful enough to be able to enumerate my huge MP3 collection without pause. I'd buy it again over the competition if I had to buy a phone now. I wanted a Meizu 16 but probably wouldn't preference it over this in retrospect considering what I paid. The notch is not as big a deal as I thought it'd be either. A close runner up would probably be the Mi Mix 2 but the ceramic body seems like a fast track to disappointment.

I also saw JerryRigEverything tear it down on YouTube and was satisfied that it's repairable enough and isn't an ocean of glue.

If you need a goyphone and aren't afraid of the chinks then it's a solid phone. I don't blame you if you don't buy one though.

Also, it has an unusually large battery compared to other phones, particularly at that price point.

I'd spend more and buy an LG if they made a decent fucking phone because I like their launcher and think they're the ethically superior choice, but LG stubbornly refuse to make a good phone.

What amuses me the most is that phones nowadays are more powerful than any handheld console could have ever dreamed to be, but they all have shit input methods (touch screen) and are thus useless to play games unless you buy one of thus cumbersome attachable gamepads that no normalfag will ever buy because they make you look like a weirdo. And besides gaming, I don't know any other reason to have such overpowered crap. An old phone can easily read emails, play music, make calls and function as an alarm clock and agenda. No need for anything new.

Not to mention the Google app store is pure cancer. If it all went up in smoke tomorrow literally nothing of value would have been lost.

Joined pretty late huh?

The Razer at least doesn't upload everything to a server in china

Having experimented with emulated vidya on newer phones and tablets, by far the biggest restraint is cooling. Plug into wall power and run it at full load, the thing will start throttling like mad.

There may be ways around that

Attached: showwx.jpg (600x600 46.24 KB, 71.82K)

Look at this goy. Look at it and laugh.

No thanks. I'll buy Librem 5 and/or Pine64 Phone.

arm is so shit it needs more ram to function

Can i install lugnix on this?

You can install Linux on anything. You just need to unlock the (((bootloader)))

Do you really need to ask why? Gaymes, nothing else.

Attached: green_is_my_brand.jpg (2448x3264, 1.84M)

Okay guise i've been wondering why is the net so bloated today heres an example:

iswc.pw/

like why the fuck this uses 40% of my cpu

plus the design is so fucking hipster trash

is this the state of modern web development??

Attached: burger.jpg (630x446, 109.72K)

You do realize that gnome and KDE is touch based? Also windows 8 and above is too.

vs
Either way is shit. Both phone your stuff to jew or kike anyways.
As for xiaomi it is absolute dogshit and the botnet is real since they claim to be an internet company providing cheap tech and adding botnet to leverage the cheap cost which means data mining on your pocket
As for razer they're fucking trash. Their keyboards, headsets and especially the mice which is the worst one all belong to the garbage bin.
Found your problem

A gay guy who has parents that buy him whatever he wants, What the point of the pic other than spreading faggotry.

Attached: THAT_gay_Signed.png (512x393, 800.14K)

I looked at this phone because apparently linux is working more on arm support than 86_64 so this could run some other OS in the future.

But for the most part razer is trying to compete with alienware. They make nice looking machines but when I tried to get my startup to shop non-apple, this company was a major PIA to purchase from. I wanted 5 just to toy with and they wanted me to jump through hoops to get 5 laptops. We order 10 a week from apple by either email or a click online.

They didn't follow back up so I guess they're doing OK without us

browser tabs. I have 2GB RAM and Firefox crashes when I load 15 Zig Forums threads at once
I cant bring my desktop pc to work, unfortunately

(webm threads)

Just to Israel.

LOL

It's a pity really, a lot of the hardware in this shit would be entirely enough to use as every-day desktop. Pretty good even for most use cases. The power savings alone would make these devices incredibly economical. Would also be good for the enviroment. In a world not driven by shekels, you'd plug them into your workstation and they'd be your PC/Media Center at home.

Sadly it's not realistic. Shitty Android, shitty propriatary hardware drivers that are written in the programming-equivalent of a driveby-shooting. Shitty pajeet software using far more resources than would be necessary, no good-working connectivity without outside stuff (although the technology exists) and soon these entirely fine (on hardware merits) devices end on a trashheap poisoning the environment as the manufacturer drops them and normie gets the newest, soon-to-be-obsolete device to browse faceberg in current year. We fully deserve what's coming for us.

If it does, just install a launcher. That's one of my favorite Android features, if you want to rice shit you just install a launcher.