Windows 10 PSA

If any of you still run Windows 10 (naughty), you can pirate Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC N, which is the Long-Term Servicing Model for Enterprise. It has no apps (or even the ability to install them) and sees a new release every 3 years like traditional Windows.

By default, it installs updates automatically, however if your enterprise has a Windows Server or Windows IT Server on the network, then you have access to the traditional Windows Update Manager.
Some guy has made a community version of the Update Manager that runs on the Local Machine and together with LTSC makes Windows 10's update model just like the normal, pre-service Windows:forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/windows-update-minitool.64939/page-47#post-1465177

While you shouldn't use Windows 10 or Windows at all, people do anyway. Might be a good resource for people who happen to use Windows 10 but don't like the new bullshit. With the death of Windows 7/8 approaching, many new HW drivers will only support Windows 10 and so this information should be given to gamers to prevent them from being Jewd.

Attached: image(10).png (1024x455, 396.1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7_editions#Comparison_chart
github.com/zeffy/wufuc
winprivacy.de/english-home/
forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/windows-update-minitool.64939/page-47#post-1465177
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: 20181229_185847.png (720x1101, 308.63K)

The optimal Windows distribution to run is Windows 7 Home Basic, Windows XP, or previous Windens. Windows Vista, 8, and 10 have no use. Windows 7 is only accpetable if you can't run the software on XP or earlier. You should also turn off updates and reimage the machine as often as possible (to make up for pajeet's RCE bugs). Software is a product, not a fucking web platform that (((changes))) every day. If you want a shitty inconsistent expierence and not ever be able to figure out what is breaking what, enable updates.

Does Enterprise LTSC N have automatic updates? Is it better than Server 2016 Database Edition?

So it can run NOTHING, because app is short for application. Any program is an application. Photoshop is an app as much as the goddamn stock ticker is.

Attached: index.jpg (600x338, 24.12K)

It can run win32 Applications.
It can't run Windows "Apps" (aka Universal App Platform)

Much appretiated.
I'll stick to Win7 and move to this when I get a Ryzen

You need to take the Freedom pill.

Can it run cracked UWP games and software?

It's mostly phone app garbage and all UWP games are from Microsoft. You can really live without UWP.

Thankfully no.

whatever the fuck that is it can be worked around without too much work

There's a small amount of games that are only available on UWP. Also the Dolby software for encoding atmos is only on the MS store.

k good to know thx

It's no wonder, considering you need to join the forum botnet to even read what's in the linked post in the OP.

Attached: malware_in_the_OP.png (1080x1258, 177.78K)

B-b-but WHY is it?
Is this just because the nsa gets better access and data collection with the full version of spyware.exe in win10 as opposed to the half-complete versions in 7/8?

Also, when this happens and win7 machines all turn into Russian botnet, what OS will I use for gayms?

Attached: stick-why.png (185x185, 2.57K)

Attached: faggotsgotohell.jpg (762x785, 190.48K)

You honestly have bigger concerns than your OS. Or should anyway.

It's not about the money. You can't buy a somewhat unnpozzed version like LTSB/LTSC as a normal person.

Or you could invest your money into improving free software that doesn't act treacherously like Microsoft does.

Why Home Basic?

what death?

Why would I want to use the worst version of Windows created to date that is incompatible with everything older than 5 years old?

Attached: But Why - Jontron.mp4 (1280x720, 433.82K)

Fuck no. The builds for Enterprise LTSB are too old. You don't get Windows Subsystem for Linux.

Because you need it to use more than 2GB of RAM and x64.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7_editions#Comparison_chart

ishygtdgythgtggt. If I wanted to run something anonymously on Windows I'd connect it to a router that only forwards traffic to Tor.

LOL

win7 werks on ryzen
github.com/zeffy/wufuc
Only reason I even have a windows partition anymore is for muh gaymes, but even still there's no valid reason to install w10

And why not Pro rather than Home Basic?

>I will try to target basic windows 10 users saying that you can get the official pirate windows 10 enterprise, but I'm really after the other windows 7 users
|
|>
|

Pretty sure that OP is for maintaining legacy systems, not running it in client machines.

More like windows/NSA. Chances are you will get all the necessary remote desktop surveillance shit working especially after you get your SP1 update. I love how intelligence agents always shill 7 being better than vista while the fact still exists that it is widely the most obvious vector for the likes of your global TRAC system.
I'd pick vista any day. The fact that I need that extra graphics memory which 7 doesn't utilize for some reason and that vista has better tablet PC support than 7-8-10 or linux/mac ever will.
Could easily notice the delays with Windows 7 since I've used Vista for a long time and general graphics and performances were a lot smoother on vista too though you'll have trouble finding a clean copy of a vista ISO since (((they literally want us to use 7 and still shill it))).

Also
Problems:
-people were too dumb to read about UAC and hated the change
-people were too dumb to disable aero and vista defaulted the aero theme which runs dogshit on dogshit hardware and hated the change because XP didn't run dogshit obviously
-saving face version. is actually just vista with code spaghetti above it
-finally they disabled the annoying UAC on anything because people are too dumb to read
-finally it does gpu/cpu experience index assessment after os installation to make dogshit not run dogshit and disable aero - dumb people of course liked it
-finally XP support was better - boomer shit since vista was trying to innovate by not recycling code from XP
Problems:
-start menu fags crying at night
-driver nightmare after update from 7 or to 8.1
-linux, meet UEFI patched after ubunut fags cried for a while and had to buy wangblows secureboot signing keys
At least the graphics got a whole lot better.
-finally start menu nostalgia fags stop crying but the entire shit pajeet poo system will auto update while you play CS:GO
-driver nightmare, also login screen of death
-we have Windows SxS so you can run lonux natively and we'll delete your grub entry on the boot partition with automatic* updates*

who needs 2GB of ram or more? only people that use web browsers

all routers are backdoored
also if you use transparent routing like this, all malware and spyware in windows and software you installed will still work, it will just send data over Tor

you need if you want privacy and not being fingerprinted to death

Microsoft niggers made a change in windows 7 compared to Vista, that when you use classic theme, in Windows 7 it's not rendered using hardware acceleration (GPU), but it's fully in software.

start menu is superior to everythin I saw

Yup, Win7 runs like a dream on Ryzen. Just make sure your mobo has 7 drivers available.

Tell that to krunner.

this
If you want to run windows 10, then either use windows update or don't install updates at all. why would you want to use (((3rd party))) proprietary update tool?

But Microsoft/NSA probably backported their Botnet10 spyware into Windows 7 (and perhaps into XP and vista, too)

Use cygwin or a real linux distro like a white man. why would you use windows 10 and the Linux subsystem, when in reality you want to just use GNU/Linux? At this point, the only reasons to use Windows are games or visual studio (for .net) or some other windows-only proprietary software that doesn't run in wine.

This shit is less convenient to use than Linux. Nobody who hates w10 will run this.

Anyone who suggests/promotes Windows that isn't 7 is some level of brain dead, so it's not surprising.

Attached: fester.jpg (852x465, 55.96K)

What a jolly good idea!

It's funny to see how quickly tech savy anons grow old, stop caring, and become indistingushable from the dumb relatives they loved to complain about.

Do new hardware even have drivers for XP ? that might be A SMALL problem

>

Why get windows 10 at all when you can still use windows 7. Just need a ps/2 keyboard to use the boot menu and use the Gigabyte windows image tool to fresh install windows 7 and the usb drivers and you're all good. There's other methods but this one worked for me.

Attached: 2a69ed19e49125a998182b503365848c6d7039f4e79e23b2f515bfce03845841.jpg (235x236, 6.55K)

Motherboards are starting to come without PS/2 ports.

Because you need to patch the ISO to install it on Ryzen computers, which is a pain in the ass, and then you're gonna be spied on anyways unless you disable the updates or risk it by only installing the ones recommended by some random user who tried to figure out which ones were spyware.
Not to mention it's showing its age, with shit like primitive or non existent DPI scaling, no WSL, no system level ISO mounting, probably some incompatible programs and drivers at this point, etc.

That's why you buy the ones that do have them

If you're talking about having the usb driver being installed the Gigabyte windows image tool basically installs it for you so all you have to do is get the copy on windows it gives you and install it normally with a ps/2 keyboard for the beginning that is

Why the fuck would you use this shit when Cygwin and, you know, actual GNULinux exists?
As for mounting, yes you can. It's called WinCDEmu.

Cygwin is a shit, and virtual machines are bloat. What about this is difficult to understand?

Just install it, faggot

I've tried it but it didn't work for some reason. The program is shitty pajeetware.

You might not think the trade-off is worth it, but come on, you gotta admit it's a valid reason. Especially if he already bought the hardware without knowing it wasn't compatible.

Cygwin requires you to either install shit through the annoying setup.exe GUI or go through the effort of installing apt-cyg only to have access to a pretty small repository. WSL on the other hand gives you access to almost the whole of Ubuntu's repository with the real apt-get out of the box.
Virtual machines require spending time setting them up, configuring shared folders, waiting for them to boot, installing extensions, wasting disk space, are annoying to resize, etc.
Dual booting requires to kill all the currently opened programs every time you want to switch, and wait for the reboot.
Now, granted, WSL has some shitty bugs and disk IO is pretty slow, but it's good for quickly testing things, running one off commands and so on.

Yeah, or you could stop sucking dick for 5 seconds and just run GNULinux instead of Windows

you will have it only if you were dumb enough to install updates

all new hardware is botnet and DRM. do not buy it anyway

sorry bro, I'm not 14 anymore, nor do I wish to become a little girl

It's bloat

Actaully I don't know the difference between Vista and 7. I'll try going back to Vista next time I have something that wont work on XP
UAC is literal snake oil meme garbage
Windows 7 still has UAC...
I thought that cancer started with Vista. Also why is there fucking hyperlinks in the control panel, like text you can click on, instead of buttons. I want that shit gone. Did it start with Vista or Windows 7?

my routers are just Linux boxes I made
So?

>>>/g/

Bista had it.
Windows 10 basically gets rid of buttons because there is zero contrast now.

?
Also,

both switching to linux just to fit in because of social pressure and the /g/ faggotry of larping as a woman stem from the same mental illness

NTLite the ISO then ya fuckin clampet

Does anyone have the source to an open source activation server? I don't want to trust the Microsoft Toolkit executable at all, trusting Windows is enough as it is. I remember there being an open source activation solution at one point, but I also heard that KMS based Windows activation also became nonviable at some point.

Will this work?
winprivacy.de/english-home/

You won't need anything newer/faster than that for a long time tbh
Also there is a palememe fork for XP

If you want to go online, you'll need an Os that gets security patches.

Elaborate.

I'm safer going online with my PS3 last updated a decade ago, than I am going online with Win10 latest build. If you depend on your "supported" OS to keep you safe, then buy a Mac and stop posting on Zig Forums tbh

If you go online,, you need to protect yourself against knows exploits, which means patching your system.

Enjoy your hardware that can't run non-approved code.

Thanks OP. Good to know as I'll never migrate to the cancer known as Linux.

Beyond 2038 too if God wills it

Attached: bless.png (1180x1488, 295.19K)

>not using TempleOS on an Amiga 4000 as your daily driver in order to avoid the Judeo-Soytilian glow in the dark mindhackers trying to convert you to (((their))) cause

I'll explain for this faggot:
Throughout time there were tons of driveby exploits. For example in PNG. If you use Windows 2000 and use the preview function in Explorer you could get infected by a PNG you haven't even clicked on.
If I remember correctly MS fixed that bug even for XP. So running the oldest version of XP you can find on the net might not be the best idea.

name one.

So I MUST use only "supported" operating systems because otherwise someone MIGHT infect my gaymen and shitposting box...

Na, I told you to use Windows XP with all updates instead of Windows XP like it came from an old disc you found lying around in your grandparents basement.

Dunno about XP, I know that Android had both Stagefright (no-interaction privilege escalation) and DirtyCOW (minimal interaction privilege escalation) in the last 5 years.
Android is a lot more modern and has much more cohesive design than XP, and yet got pwned that badly.

First of all, you will get pwned: it's not a matter of if, but of when.
Every single server with a connection to you (that includes every single host serving content on any webpage you visit, by the way) can see you are running XP, unless you spoof that.
Second, a virus can do much more damage than a version of windows you don't like: keep in mind that viruses can replace drivers and flash malicious firmware once they get root.
Third, if you use the machine for games and shitposting you want to run a supported OS because that's what games and web browsers are developed and patched for.

DirtyCOW affected the Linux kernel, not the Android userspace. It also highlights the very retarded thing about Android devices, which is that many of them never get updates and run on heavily customized and ancient kernels. But you think this only affects old devices? Hahaha, think again. I saw an eReader for nearly a thousand bucks (basically android tablet with eink screen) last year who was still susceptible to DirtyCOW, an exploit known since 2016, even though the reader came out in 2018. The manufacturer of the eInk device did update the firmware since then... to include a homebrewed shop to buy apps. They never touched the kernel even though they've been made aware. Nobody forces them too. There's no law regulating this.

Might as well browse the internet with WindowsXP. Probably less shit out there targeting it.

If you're that stupid, go ahead.
You really think hackers manually write "hackWindowsXP(user)" all day? It's mostly automated, and keeping a stash of old exploits on your drive costs nothing.

incorrect
if you are behind NAT or firewall you cannot go "online", nobody is allowed to contact your PC. only you can initiate connections
to protect your web browser from exploits, disable javascript

everyone should be spoofing their OS, there are no reasons not to
also even if a server knew he is using some old OS, they won't be able to do shit to him

then don't install viruses

supported OS require modern hardware, all modern hardware is fully botnet and malware. so if you are dumb enough to use modern hardware, you are already insecure and they can fully control your PC

show one exploit for windows XP SP3

We both know that's only true in the most technical and useless sense.

Windows Server 2019 Datacenter Edition with vlmcsd from Wind4 github repo ftw. 7 cucks btfo!

>forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/windows-update-minitool.64939/page-47#post-1465177

Attached: tolerance.PNG (342x450, 102.74K)

>>/out/

I'm a brainlet, so I'm glad that stupid forum prevented me from viewing that post without an account. Otherwise I probably would've downloaded and installed it.
Considering how I seem to lack common sense, I'm going to install malwarebytes now. Thanks, you da real MVP

Hello glow in the dark cia nigger

Attached: c45rt4y-ucripgh-8rttyh45yb56un65u56.jpg (480x360, 18.55K)

The Windows 10 start menu is a complete abomination that only seems like an improvement when compared to the Windows 8/8.1 start screen. We didn't want that piece of garbage, we wanted the Windows 7 start menu back.
I believe most people stopped complaining about the start menu not because they were satisfied with Windows 10 solution, but because by that point everyone was already using ClassicShell or one of the other alternatives.

(cont.) I also think a good part of the reason Microsoft didn't want to bring the old Windows 7 start menu back, is due to the fact that the company has been completely taken over by curryniggers in all levels for some time now. It could pretty much be called an Indian company now.

By bringing back the old Windows 7 start menu, Microsoft would be openly admitting that they've made a mistake. Pajeets never, ever admit to having made mistakes, even if it's blowing right in their faces - it's a huge taboo for them. Of course, it's also a terrible mindset for software development and another reason why putting pajeets there is a terrible idea.

You're right on both points. I've seen the thing with pajeets and shitty people in general before too. They refuse to admit mistakes even though the code is obviously shit because they're too invested in the idea that they've made the greatest thing ever and you should feel lucky they take the time to allow you to use it. This behavior is very prevalent among people that are involved with things like Wordpress and forum software.

For pajeets it's more than just being a shitty people or an inflated ego (though many of them do have huge egos), it's also a cultural thing. It's their subverted version of the "face culture" - if they admit they've made a mistake, they lose face. It doesn't matter if their mistake blows right in their faces in front of an audience, to them if they don't admit it, they can save face.

At least East Asian peoples (Japs in particular) are more rational about it and will admit mistakes if it can't be swept under the rug or hidden somehow. And then commit sudoku if they can't deal with it.

Can't wait for sick fucks like you to get the bullet.

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES

Yeah, fuck off boomer. Nobody cares.