Pencils or Pens?

Which is the only acceptable writing utensil?

Wooden pencil?
Mechanical pencil?
Pen?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 177.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.oracle.com/cd/E16071_01/hr91pbr0/eng/psbooks/hgpy/chapter.htm?File=hgpy/htm/hgpy46.htm
ww
archive.fo/sd3VL
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I write everything in oil pastels.

Mitsubishi Uni Pin, the master race of art pens.

Attached: il_570xN.743778152_nf8q.jpg (570x570, 42.35K)

When talking about outdated writing equipment, I am quite fond of wax tablets.

Attached: wax-tablet-and-stylus.jpg (650x488, 57.49K)

The contrast on those is really shit.

Attached: serveimage.jpeg (900x600, 94.43K)

If you don't carry a fountain pen it's hard to prove you're heterosexual

The virgin pencil user vs the Chad Pen writer. Making mistakes.. lol are you even white?

Bic Crystals.

Honestly this, there's no excuse too since there's very high quality fountain pens you can get for a low price.
Just look at the Platinum Preppy and the Pilot Metropolitan, the preppy is about 5 bucks, can be converted to an eyedropper filled pen and the Metropolitan is a nice sturdy metal pen for about 10.

If you happen to be blind, you can just use pure beeswax in the bottom with a thin layer of inked one on top.

The Pilot G2 lives right in the middle of the intersection of comfort, quality, and price.

I use both on a regular basis. For pens, I prefer the Pilot G2 with a 0.38mm nib. And for a pencil, I love my Ohto Sharp, in 2.0mm. Pics related.

Attached: 31914a4f7UL.jpg (600x400 15.92 KB, 20.21K)

What the fuck is this LARPer shit?

Erasable pen, pilot frixion or something like that

Any pencil I can find on the go. Pen if I'm writing a signature that requires one.

The absolute state of this shithole

pencils are drawing utensils.
pens are for writing.
op is retarded as always

Attached: 1492206437375.jpg (147x236, 8.45K)

Quill and an ink well.

Mechanical pencils are great for drafting. Personal recommendations are the Pentel "Smash" and Staedtler 925; both in 0.5mm

Attached: 51wOAnsiljL._SL1200_.jpg (1000x1000 56.98 KB, 42.73K)

I don't see why you'd ever pick a wood pencil over a mechanical one when it comes to writing. Sharpening the shit is always a pain in the ass, especially if your handwriting is shit enough that the thickness of the lead counts.

Pencils are for children.

A fountain pen is the best tool for writing, however, a mechanical pencil can be more convenient because it can't leak in your pocket/pencil case and you can use low-quality paper and ink wont "bleed" or "spread".

Pretty good point, I'm not a huge fan of brittleness of mechanical pencils compared to wooden ones though

Higher quality ones have much sturdier leads. Go for a more expensive brand, and if they have something that isn't made in China even better.

Just up the lead size, not all mechanical pencils leads are sub-millimeter in diameter

When will you bic-tier brainlets realize real men don't use "mechanical pencils", we use "lead holders" and "lead pointers".

my nibba

Fountain pens feel really nice to write with but they're too much of a hassle when you forget not to touch the ink. I'd go for one if I had to write a lot, I don't so I just use a cheap bic.

Attached: more_effective_than_condoms.jpg (780x585, 60.93K)

That picture is so old.. I wonder if he went for the incel storyline or the tranny storyline

What ink are you using that it stays wet forever?

Last time I used one was many years ago, I don't remember the ink. I took certain liberty with words when I said forever, more like long enough that more than once I accidentally touched it while writing and it dirtied my fingers (very easy to do if you write something above what you just wrote, not that easy if you write line after line).

I'm no expert, but a lamy medium nib with lamy black ink dries in seconds. They don't really use that much more ink than gel rollers or, god forbid, ball points. It seems to be mostly a function of the nib size.
I used to never use pens because they're so shit to take notes and draw with, but after getting a proper fountain pen I do it damn near every day, and I never have ink stains on me apart from when I clean and fill it every couple of months.

mechanical pencil
with an eraser
these
I only write with these

Attached: mech pencil.png (994x616, 85.26K)

There are are inks that don't bleed. I use Noodler's X-feather, it rarely bleeds much on even cheap printer paper.

Could be because it was a cheap ass pen too, maybe it was using more ink than it should.

Found the engineer. How's it going? Had your job replaced by poos yet?

Any recommendations?

good affordable shit, can easily last 2 years.

He's rich now and fuck Aryan womyn while you are still unemployed and sitting in mommy basement.

t. chink sitting in his bunk bed in mommy's bug apartment arguing about pens and pencils on a deserted secondhand thinkpad fan club

Are there really adults who use pencils? They've always felt really unpleasant to me.

here's mines, at least the pens I use everyday to take notes. I love the feel they got.
Watermans are fine and can get shaped, while the Parkers, it's another story but they do look nice.
(Parker 75 Premier with gold nibba, true bling stuff here)

Attached: DSC00751.JPG (4912x3264 709.39 KB, 965.25K)

Attached: 2mm.jpg (1000x589, 51.33K)

You have a good handwriting so you probably aren't that artistic

t. forgot for a moment where he also belongs into

Hue.

Also git a set of Rotrings, really solid stuff for inking properly.
You can't write correctly if you don't know how to be patient and develop shapes. Same for drawing.
Have a cat.

Attached: DSC00764.JPG (4912x3264 4.16 MB, 3.81M)

call me an old fart but I still prefer to sketch a base on paper before vectoring or inking stuff.

Hope you like Libbie!

Attached: DSC00766.JPG (4912x3264, 4.44M)

Are any of you guys left-handed?
How do you write, normally or do you like write underwrite/overwrite?

I usually have the pencil angled all the way back in the gap between my thumb and my index finger because I never learned how to write properly. This typically results in me getting a cramp after 5 minutes of writing or so.

but like, how do you place your whole hand in relation to the text, not how you hold the pen/pencil.

If he use his left hand it'll be on... the Left!

Please post the full drawing on the Libbie thread, it looks great!

I use both because I use tools for their purpose, I am not bound to irrelevant rules.

Still using a black Lamy Safari (F tip, not M like in the picture), black ink and a refillable cartridge. That's probably as cheap as you can go while still enjoying writing.

Rotring rapid pro is seriously overpriced - but man, do they feel good in your hands. You can also get them as mechanical pencils.

Attached: rotring_rapid_pro-pencil.jpg.jpg (1024x683 20.66 KB, 58.62K)

Nice but aren't those a little overpriced engineer/draftsman stuff?

I like that Libbie gotta show what's down there
are you an INFJ? because that's how you get good handwriting and art at the same time

I don't know about that, Pilot and Platinum have some great competition with the Metropolitan and Preppy respectively.

Attached: 109381.jpg (600x400 30.29 KB, 43.85K)

The preppy is about 11 eu, while the lamy safari is about 15 eu. Haven't used the platinum preppy, so no idea how much the price reduces quality and haptics in comparison. But at that pricepoint it's a steal anyway.

Gel pen master race.
I like the smooth feel and consistent writing. Anything else is a pain to use for large amounts of text. Only downside is they don't last very long.

Attached: PFD.jpg (2000x2000, 155.25K)

GP_PIN
A_CAL_RUN_ID

I googled those codes and now my brain hurts.

docs.oracle.com/cd/E16071_01/hr91pbr0/eng/psbooks/hgpy/chapter.htm?File=hgpy/htm/hgpy46.htm

I'm not a furry fan but I have a request, and hope that will do. Please, do the inking of Libbie using this pen, I want to see how really good is a $300 fountain pen ( I checked on eBay for this model) versus some technical German pen.

I have a set of Pilot gel pens like this, they're comfy.

Shit man, you're getting jipped if that's how much you're paying for a preppy, they're only the equivalent of 4.39 euros in burger dollars here. It's worth what you pay here, but I would highly recommend if it's anything over the equivalent of 5 burger bucks, don't buy it, especially if you can get a safari for 15 euros.

Mechanical pencils are nice, they can have a pen-like grip and are full size. As long as you don't fall for the 'lead holder' meme, you can have a pencil that stays sharp all the time.

Just get a Noodler's Bernanke ink

Thanks but right now, I'm not home for the weekend but I sketched this and think I should work better on it. I just need holidays.

Handwriting is something we all learn and need practice, same for drawing or everything, writing and drawing are both language the same way you choose a font for expressing or giving a tone to something, an identity or anything.

About that INFJ thing.... it's like Tumblr genders or astrology, these are pseudoscience, please get these out of your head, you don't reduce a man to a 4 letter code made by someone who only wanted snowflakes without personality to be "valid"

Yeah I'm setting up a huge database that runs Oracle PeopleSoft. Lot of testing; testing, configuration, adaptation, adjusting, customizing and testing again before sending it all on prod and hope everyone in my company will get their dosh. Absences, holidays, days off, promotions, and taxation and stuff.

THIS! It's incredible how the price of one simple thing, a product can vary from location, not only for tech, but I found out, for simple things. I'm in Europe, and came at the same conclusion. This is especially for art stuff.
You can't create stuff for free.

You just need an ink that dries fast, then I dunno what exists, i gotta say i never really thought it'd be like, but i often accidentally smear my inking thinking some area had plenty of time to draw and OH SHIT

Mitsubishi's UNI pens are pretty good at this. Also, normal fountain pen inks are much better than indian inks on rotrings or technical pens, less maintenance and as long as black is black...

Zebra. Pencil.

These gentlemen are correct, nothing beats the smooth and clear stroke of a gel ink pen.
I prefer the Uni-ball Signo 207 Micro, which has a 0.5mm stroke. The 0.7mm one is also nice, but it goes through the ink much faster.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (600x400, 116.19K)

Attached: ipad-pro-apple-pencil.jpg (1253x689, 51.93K)

/thread

Attached: apple_user.jpeg (600x399 12.18 KB, 49.58K)

Look at that poorfag, he can't even buy a Cintiq.

Attached: DTH2700-12-g.jpg (960x640, 101.48K)

Pilot G2 in blue for damn near everything. If it's something I'll need to erase I have a Zebra pencil 0.5mm with a polymer block eraser.

DAYYYUM
The iPad Pro looks like that?

Every man should own a decent fountain pen and wrist watch, the only acceptable pieces of jewelry for a man (besides cufflinks and maybe a tie clip or wedding ring, but not everyone is married or wearing a suit)

This is not a wacom. Even a Toshiba Tecra M7 has a better stylus.
With presure sensitivity and no charging required. You don't know shit.

Don't forget the necklace, the ear rings, nose rings, bracelets and foot chain. These are the true essence of a man.

I was thinking of buying new mechnical pencil
ww w.jetpens.com/Uni-Kuru-Toga-Advance-Mechanical-Pencil-0.3-mm-White/pd/23005
Are those Kuru Togas a meme or are they actually good?
Also is 0.3mm lead much better than 0.5mm?

Newfag
archive.fo/sd3VL

I was thinking about getting some Iroshizuku Kon-Peki ink, anyone have any experiences with it? Is it as smooth writing as people say it is?

There she is
.38 G2 4lyfe

Don't use non-waterproof inks

Yes, I know the risks with not using waterproof inks, but with the iroshizuku line, they're not completely fucked when water touches them. Plus I have quite a bit of waterproof ink that I use in other pens, I just want a bit of change is all, using the same ink for years gets to you.

I hated writing up until I used a Pilot Precise V5 in high school. Something about writing with extra fine points just feels good. It upsets me that I haven't actually had to write anything other than my name in almost 10 years now. Almost everything I do is digital.
I bet there are plenty of pencils and pens that have good feelings too.

Fountain pens. All the way.

Once you were there, you'll never go back.