Windows 10 thread - new updates!

Just installed the new 'dipshit 2019' update! More ads and spyware have been installed, and Bill personally made it harder to modify the desktop environment. Toolbar colors are now locked into a pool of 16 choices, and you can no longer change its position. I really enjoy the sterile, flat colors, and microsofts pledge to stick to the interface paradigm that they have since 95. Using Linux, there is just too much choice in interface control. Thank god that has been taken away from me, it makes my brain hurt.

I was dumb enough to remove the ads from the windows(tm) smarttile(r), so they have been put back! Can't wait to look at the cool candy crush logos while I'm trying to search for an item off the super menu, which for some reason takes several minutes. I actually remember the function being faster on xp. Maybe it's bill's little way of saying "stare at the ads you fucking consumer pig. look at the groove(tm) music ad, that looks good doesn't it? Did you know that artists can make .001% of every sale?"

If you do want to disable the tiles adware completely, don't worry! It's as easy as : gpedit.msc => Local Computer Policy => User Configuration => Administrative Templates => Start Menu and Taskbar => Notifications. => navigate to sidebar => turn off tile notifications
Then, simply:
Go to regedit => HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PushNotifications => click on NoTileNotifications => modify dword => change base hex value to 1
(not kidding, you actually have to go through all of this. I could not make up something this user-unfriendly)

Do you guys have the update yet? If not, Microsoft will install it for you the next time you leave your pc for half an hour. Remember to save your work!

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.png (959x681, 69.86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

linkedin.com/pulse/20140806183208-12100070-why-did-microsoft-lay-off-programmatic-testers
computerworld.com/article/2878026/microsoft-to-business-dont-worry-about-windows-10-consumers-will-test-it.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Tpr556XU-K0
winprivacy.de/english-home/
techspot.com/news/79110-latest-windows-10-update-causing-issues-gaming-performance.html
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4973356/Windows-10-patch-causes-blue-screen-death-crash.html
digitaltrends.com/computing/windows-10-update-webcam-crash/
computerworld.com/article/2924998/microsoft-issues-crash-warning-with-latest-windows-10-update.html
forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/08/17/windows-10-new-crash-loops/
tomshardware.com/news/windows-10-update-intel-ssd,37020.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The real problem here is you, OP.

Did you know that you're a stupid kike search engine user?

Kys nigger

>>>/g/
>>>/4chan/

i only use it for games. i have another ssd on my machine that has linux on it and i boot into which ever OS i need at the time.

that fucking font rendering gives me eye cancer. god bless loonix

your a dumb bitch

I'm building a gaming pc today and I'm gonna be installing w10 on it. Can't wait to waste an entire day trying to make this piece of shit os somewhat usable.

install server 2016/19 and install the drivers manually.

Haha, are you in for a treat, user. Expect to take at least a week if you really plan on fully securing all the Group Policy bullshit

Works fine on my battlestation, must be user error on your end because on my gaming rig there isn't a single issue.

Microsoft is actively destroying its own ecosystem, Windows and still Linux isnt mainstream, what the fuck

Just use 7, retard.

This is what I find so bizarre. I have colleagues whose computers regularly bluescreen in the middle of work or have to stop working for an hour because their computer just updates itself out of the blue and forces a restart, and they continue to use it despite that.
I also find it absolutely hilarious that we can't get approval (we're bound by all kinds of asinine regulations) for a linux machine, so the solution is people get a windows machine and do everything in a linux vm. It's made extra funny when you consider that all our software is run on linux servers anyway. So what's the fucking point? If you don't trust it enough for your developers to use it, why is it running on your servers?

Being a programmer in the post-microsoft-age where ms has given up all share in computing to linux and doesn't even pretend to make a usable product, but half of the world hasn't realised and continues to hold the blowtorch to their own face.

But what about all the shitty games no longer compatible with Windows 7?

what's wrong with ddg? i don't really use it as i run my own searx instance, but i'd rather people use it than the bigger (and shittier) search engines.

You wish Gates was still around.
Windows is literally PajeetOS nowadays, why do you think this pos is getting more broken and disfunctional with each new update.

Bill is away from MS for a long time now. It's like complaining about Apple by saying Steve.
I never used Win10 and for all small/mid business I recently worked with, all of them used Win7 for workstation and some *nix on the servers.

DuckDuckGo creator’s last project was the absolute antithesis of respecting users’ privacy. That should be more than enough of a red flag.

How fucking hard is it to use classic shell and run a powershell script?

Because they fired their testers back in 2014.

linkedin.com/pulse/20140806183208-12100070-why-did-microsoft-lay-off-programmatic-testers
computerworld.com/article/2878026/microsoft-to-business-dont-worry-about-windows-10-consumers-will-test-it.html

i take great offense to what you're insinuating op
are you saying that using windows is better than linux???
i used linux for 5 minutes and it required me to open something called a terminal to use something called a command
i sat, no joke, for ten whole hours trying to find out what a dhcp was so i could use my internet
what a joke
fuck loonix
fuck op

Suppose I post my name, address, and sin on some public forum. Do we say the forum owner is responsible for letting me do that? Of course not, I knowingly made a choice to share that information. Now suppose the forum is specifically geared towards sharing private information, but again I share it knowingly and willingly. Nothing has changed to make us say the forum owner is responsible for my decision. This is what separates weinbergs former project from something like facebook. Whereas facebook tries to keep you in the dark about all the information is secretly collects, names database only collected and only shared information with informed consent. Whereas we reject platforms that restrict an individual's control over their own data, or require unneccesary collection of personal information as a precondition for some private task, we grant the utility and sometimes necessity of platform that enables us to share our information.

How many games actually require DX12 anyways? At best I can name only a couple of examples, while Vulkan seems to have more actual games, many of which are multi-platform and have linux versions.

You know, considering how essential updates/upgrades are for Microsoft to actually make money off of Windows, you would think that this would be true, and it is true, assuming that Windows doesn't decide that it's time to NEVER BE ABLE TO INSTALL DRIVERS OR UPGRADE WINDOWS EVER AGAIN. My only option at this point is to reinstall everything from scratch, and the worst part is, it's not even my computer!

DuckDuckGo is fine. You used to fap with the other boys in the bathroom, but that doesn't mean you still do it.

No I didn't you faggot and it worries me that you did.
Please tell me that you don't, even through I know that you still do.

Attached: 3b45264cbb51b0525220dedb51e3302b0e08bbbe7c93f7d7e190aa527b1e10ba.jpg (704x679, 57.04K)

It really says a lot that Microsoft could make the absolute worst poc of an OS imaginable and it still would be more user friendly than linux.

Does dx12 actual have any serious advantages worth utilizing over dx11 anyway?

No. It uses more RAM and gets worse performance than Vulkan too.
However Direct X11 uses way less RAM than Vulkan and less than half of what DX12 uses.
youtube.com/watch?v=Tpr556XU-K0

Well, there you have it, spergs: you're so socially useless that Windows 10 is still preferred than Linux in any variant. Nobody wants to use your crap even in light of these circumstances.

Normalfags are cattle and will use whatever is marketed at them. The actual virtues of a particular product or service are irrelevant, it's all about marketing

No, Linux is actually shit. But go ahead and rationalize it any way you want. Keep blaming normalfags, fag.

winprivacy.de/english-home/

Much better multithreading of draw calls, which was a common bottleneck in the past.
Vulkan solves it too.

Imagine shilling you shit channel this hard.

Normalfags are infamous for going out of their way to find and install obscure if not shady software you never heard of before, don't lie.
Linux is simply shit.

Linux being shit or not isn't even relevant you retard. He was talking about normies falling for corporate advertising, you're either baiting or you have no good response to what he was actually talking about.

ITT: nigger cattle

Attached: DxsQJwlU0AAnN-M.jpg (452x679, 23.67K)

Do you have brain damage?

wasn't farmville made by that pedophile who's trying to buy children online from a pedo mom?

Yeah, firing testers certainly doesn't help. But when I said Windows is getting more "broken and disfunctional" with each new update, I'm not just talking about bugs and technical problems, it's also at a more basic and fundamental level, such as usability, UI, privacy, removing features everybody likes to add crap nobody wants, privacy, etc.
On top of that, it's not a joke when we say Microsoft is now a pajeet company, I'm under the impression most devs there are pajeets nowadays. And pajeets are so competent at being incompetent that maybe it's better to not have any testers at all rather than pajeet testers.

If you don't like Windows just ignore it.
Threads like this just shit up the board, as if it wasn't bad enough already.

FarmVille's made by a Jewish company

OK. So you are dumb for using that botnet.

There is no way I'm using a piece of shit like that. Ever.

Attached: tard.gif (490x750, 369.57K)

It's the same thing nigger. LTSC 2019 replaced LTSB 2016.
WTF is that even supposed to be?
Like how?`
Nigger.
Like what?

As much as I shout "Fuck you Microsoft", you're still a nigger.

Using windows 10
If you have to use 7
You dumb nigger

nigga, Bill left M$ ages ago, just install linux you dumb dumb person

In awe at the sheer idiocy of this lad

Holy fuck Satya is larping on /Tech

Explain why it's shit user, I got almost 0 tech support calls from my father after I setup linux mint on his laptop

Cool, what does he do with his computer. Check emails?

There's still no professional software for Linux and that's because it's all a huge clusterfuck. From the myriad desktop environments to the lack of coherent multimedia stacks, not to mention interfaces that make me believe WinXP is the future.

Then there's the whole "you don't need to use the command line" but the first thing you have to do when something breaks in Linux is opening up the terminal. Nice UI!

Also, what kind of retard decided it was good design to ask the user for the password every single time? You need a password to login, you need to type your password when you update software, you need to type your password when you need to fart. Holy crap, I love typing my password 5 times a session!

Reality: you would get almost 0 tech support calls from your father if he just used an iPad.

Well what the fuck do you expect? People make something that's not completely garbage that solves a lot of old problems (pulseaudio, systemd, etc) and you lot sperg out on it because of MUH LOONIX IZ ABOUT CHOICE.

It's going to remain a server-only thing until some adults come in and start cleaning this shit up.

I expect faggots not to tell the world Linux is a viable alternative for Windows for all use cases.

His usecase is incredibly basic what's your point? I'm not here recommending gnu/linux to multimedia professionals but it's pretty viable for home users and programmers for example
From my experience the only time you need to use the terminal to fix something on an "ez mode" distro like mint is if you break something yourself or a rare bug, and at least I can remote in unlike windows where (in most cases) your only fix is to reinstall
What's wrong with a bit of extra security especially when it's something that basic, also allows the user a little more time to think before they break something
Correct, but why would I tell him to buy expensive new hardware when his laptop works just as well now?

Attached: c96eb5e5634f6d26.jpeg (750x1038, 96.3K)

Home users have migrated to mobile shit mostly. It just werks. The only common task that's still not fully mobile friendly is MS Office which doesn't work in Linux.

Are you implying you can't remote into Windows?

Users don't think just because they have to type a password, especially if they need to type it so many times.

I'm not suggesting anything like that. If it ain't broken don't fix it. But if your tasks can be done on a tablet then there's nothing to brag about in Linux other than recycling old hardware.

If it can be done in Linux it probably can be done on a cell phone/tablet. What's the need for Linux on the desktop then for the common end-user?

in what way? putting on a smiley when it shits on your lap?

most user hardly use 2% of office' feature set, fuck for most people wordpad would be overkill. it's the typical "I need photoshop to crop an image" retardation. and no, you don't write shit on on a tablet, normalfags use laptops for those.

security/convenience, the exact same shit as windows without the bullshit attached to it.

But that's where it fails. It's not the exact same shit as Windows, not by a long shot.

Good job not understanding what the real issue is here. It's not about the features they use, it's about compatibility. Besides, they might use 2% but it's not the same 2% across all users.

Libre Office supports the same formats. Hell, normalniggers could use any device with google docs if they wanted to. Why people still use wangblows just to write papers is beyond me.

If by "supports" you mean "garbles somewhat complex documents" then I agree.

Word is mostly unnecessary but Calc is still way beyond where Excel is.

Normies don't write complex documents

But they receive complex documents.

Have you ever seen what a normie will do with an excel spreadsheet?

I was looking forward to this Windows 10 update because it includes the long awaited "Dark Mode" theme. But resizing windows using windows key snapping causes the black windows to flash white momentarily. This is like, possibly the worst quality implementation of a feature I've seen in Windows in a long time.

This is why I switched to OpenBSD. Microsoft is a top tier member of the Linux foundation now, to. I'm typing this from OpenBSD on an X220, using the stock Tor Browser in packages. I also use Iridium Browser for my financial shit.

There is no reason to stick to Windows unless you're terminally addicted to games. Linux has Steam, Wine, and decent enough virtualization. But it's pozzed and CoC'd. OpenBSD is the future.

This X220 is really nice, it has one of the best laptop keyboards I've ever used. Good luck my dude.

SEETHING OBVIOUS WINSHIT SHILLS

BEGONE YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS

based

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (480x360, 204.25K)

I hate people who share editable documents instead of a PDF when I don't fucking need to edit it with a passion

False. There are some juicy vst plugins available only for wangblows that I don't want to miss.

call me when any bsd can visualize something besides itself
no really call me that would be neat

Rape your mom and make her your sex slave!

My pc has a amd athlon processor, from 2013 my HD and graphics card are newer but I never have any slow down problems, Linux is just a hobby os, whatever you do online can be tracked, or do you manufacture your own processor or have government encryption and funds $$? No you don't

Attached: 16x9_medium.jpeg (293x165, 14.49K)

I actually tried to live with Win10 along with Linux. Even went so far as to manage all my torrents from Windows. Big mistake. I couldn't get an uptime of 3 fucking days with this fucking garbage OS. I'd always come back to find the OS had rebooted a week ago and wasted my time and money.

i tried the ltsb meme once. it worked for a while but one day it just didnt boot anymore so i put gnu/linux back on it and it has worked without any problems. maybe my thinkpad has some anti botnet thing in it that removes bad things.

Attached: Stallman2.jpg (900x675, 206K)

(You)

It's sad knowing that there won't be a better OS than Win7 for many years to come.

Git gud

Oh we can still complain about Steve. Jobs is the fucking reason we have all this botnet shit, all these flat abortions of UIs, and all these """smart""" devices. I'm 100% glad he's dead.

Those are garbage dumbass, those introduce far worse problems then what we had before. Are you fucking new or something?
You want something that fixed problems, but it got fucked? Fuduntu. It fixed loads shit and made Linux on the desktop a cohesive experience. Oh yes, some autist screeched about it, and his name was Lennart Pottering (Who's shitty software you're shilling). He didn't like that Fuduntu was a stable desktop experience, and he had a huge fucking fit. So, because he couldn't stop them, he made sure to cripple every package he could to make maintenance a pain for Andrew Wyatt and his team.

I'm still using Win7 at work but they said a migration to Win10 will happen this or next quarter.

Hold me, /g/, I mean, Zig Forums

How to reliably block Windows botnet leaks?
Turn on the firewall and don't whitelist any Windows process.

Another update, and Satya Nadella and the H1B pajeets keep on breaking what remains of Windows, with no signs on stopping:
techspot.com/news/79110-latest-windows-10-update-causing-issues-gaming-performance.html

ffs, at what point will the curryniggers stop and realize their current approach isn't working? The day when Windows 10 is so broken that it doesn't even boot on most machines?

At this point, Windows is a failing marriage you're hanging on. She's rude to you, drinks all the time, sleeps in the sofa while the diner is burning, but not only is it some kind of misery you got accustomed to, you've also been stuck in the sunken cost fallacy for way too long. But eventually, it'll pay off.

Did I misread the part about not only having to provide your own private information, but also sharing other people's credentials in order to access the forum so you can dig up the database? This shit was a dump for scam companies to share old people's phone numbers so other scummy companies could harass them night and day... amongst other things.

For some fucked up reason, I'd love to see that and the mere thought that it could happen excites me like... something that gets easily over-excited. I suck at analogies. But I'm not sorry. Because I also suck at apologies.
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4973356/Windows-10-patch-causes-blue-screen-death-crash.html
digitaltrends.com/computing/windows-10-update-webcam-crash/
computerworld.com/article/2924998/microsoft-issues-crash-warning-with-latest-windows-10-update.html
forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/08/17/windows-10-new-crash-loops/
tomshardware.com/news/windows-10-update-intel-ssd,37020.html

Attached: Pointer Sisters - I'm So Excited.webm (320x240, 2.16M)

And I suck at selecting the right file. Would you look at that?

your pic related gave me a fucking migraine. who the fuck could live with that pile of shit

Are there any important programs that require Windows 10 yet? All I can think of is a few Windows Store games. I'd rather play on console than the Store tbh

Yes, very nice, but my CPU and motherboard don't upload a constant 50kbps to the highest bidder. Neither does Linux.
Windows 10 does

Windows 7 doesn't have UASP, native USB3, native NVME, and it needs CSM enabled
Plus you can't scroll inactive windows

And 10 replaced 8.1, which replaced 8, which replaced 7. Are they all the same thing?
Pajeets replaced white programmers. Are they the same?
The Synagogue of Satan replaced the Hebrews. Are they the same?

Winshit managed to fuck up so much I can say I'll never come back to that shit.
Now I got w10 on an old HDD and Linux on my ssd in my main computer.
Notebook full on Linux, and I boot on Windows less than weekly just to play a few vr games. And holy shit, it's fucking painful. I hate windows 10.

You're going to regret it.
You are going to lose lots of files and time, too.
Hear it from me.
Get a dual boot. Boot into w10 for nothing other than playing games.
You are bound to have to reinstall w10 every few months or so because of how unstable it is. I can't afford moving all my personal files scattered across multiple folders out of the blue every now and then.

If you knew how dumb the average person is.
Been using Linux because of what I just mentioned above(w10 being an unstable piece of shit) and it's way easier to do stuff than 3 years ago. Wine was hard as fuck to use, etc.
But some people manage to be so fucking dumb anything is hard for them. That holds Linux down a whole lot. Console niggers seem the worst. They must be retarded or something. They can't grasp basic shit.

I literally just sent this message like 3 minutes ago

Attached: install linux.png (242x640, 74.32K)

dude, I literally cannot recall when I booted up that Winblows Tehn labtob - Its in a case in a closet.

What's console?

Attached: console.png (1879x1039, 553.57K)

The only way to get Dolby Atmos working is with a Windows App.