Web development

Javascript codemonkeys who fill web development positions appear to be mostly chads and grrrl programmers.

Are they any good? Why are they attracted to programming? I can't imagine them enjoying the theory. I don't know any good programmers who aren't autists. Then again, I don't think I do know any non-autists.

I see memes about apparently very inefficient and bloated js written by Indians and this wave of normie programmers, but I have not seen specific instances of it.

I would like to request a Zig Forumspill

Attached: bashmaster.png (1280x720 358.2 KB, 102.84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tintash.com/company
experionglobal.com/leadership-team/
absolutewebservices.com/company/leaders-in-b2b-and-b2c-ecommerce-solutions/
mobomo.com/about/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Important word. Real web devs:
tintash.com/company
experionglobal.com/leadership-team/
absolutewebservices.com/company/leaders-in-b2b-and-b2c-ecommerce-solutions/
mobomo.com/about/

Is you average website any good?
Money, social status and a sense of being needed by someone.
Pic related.

Attached: Screenshot at 2019-01-17 21-01-12.png (1920x892, 710.4K)

The skill barrier of webshit is very low and it's very easy to get practical results in a short time and small amount of code, which is probably why it attracts so many normalfags. There's also a lot of job opportunities for it.

If you use any javascript framework then you need to kys, JS is already made for a nigger-tier IQ and attention span, you don't need to stick a megabyte of bloat inbetween it.

jQuery is just fine. Operating the DOM using vanilla JS is just a pain in the ass. Easy, but painful. Specially if you want to keep cross-browser compatibility with older IE.

Any webdev cuck shit is for shit programmers.

If you're solo-developing a webapp there's nothing wrong with a light JS framework. If you're using something like react which requires 16GB of ram to load a few lines of text you should kys, but using something like jquery to lighten your workload is fine. I'd much rather spend my time working in the backend, and developing new features rather than writing javascript

What a shitty website.

JQuery is simply a syntax enhancer for DOM manipulation which can make things easier. I personally stray away from "frameworks" like React, Vue, Angular, etc, because I don't need some opinionated constraint on how to develop my interfaces, I can wire everything myself through my own patterns and with the help of a few libraries, like Handlebars for instance, for templating. I did try Vue, made some small demos with it, found the documentation pretty good and quite a few "aha this is nice!" moments, but in the end it didn't seem like something I'd want to build advanced projects with. I understand it could act as some sort of common way of building things that could ease collaboration though, plus the "reusable components" concept is nice, but I could just abstract those in standalone libs/files.

when finishing college in comp sci. I dropped in a job doing a web-based application. I went back in uni in math because after a bunch of months it felt brain dead and all I did was hearing complain from clients. My daily life of programming was mostly about building UI in a large clusterfuck and making change in a broken SQL database by it's rushed design.

Do you prefer isEven or isOdd dependency? Personally, I prefer isEven because of the redundancy, but I know some people who swear by isOdd.
To each his own I guess.

not needed, you learn JQuery to get rid of JQuery

What do you program?

Attached: 5f3a896c155e4f122b8ccf49b086d6611625ffed517b6503b1e3d18d8eaa90c.png (600x600, 194.2K)

Also

I just looked up string concentation in ruby on toiletoverflow and it seems that both + and

No. I either use modulo or write my own function in my utils file.

Well I've written big projects with and without JQuery. I can do both. For new future projects I'd still consider using it, because it does make some things easier, plus the project is still very actively maintained, don't think it's going away.

The problem with isEven/isOdd is that they do too little for a single lib. You should instead have an eg "numutils" lib that provides common ops like parity checking, factorial, etc. JQuery on the other hand could reasonably be accused of providing too many different utilities, especially when you drag in jquery UI.

How do you make that java debugging menu appear. Plz no bully.

That's javascript, and those are the dev tools. I open them with F12.