Eitochan

eitochan is a userscript intended for replacing all of Zig Forums's javascript and CSS in order to fix problems, clean things up, adding useful/enhanced features, and making it even harder to do something useful with your life.

eitochan has existed for a long time, but I recently finished a significant rewrite and decided to make it public again, so I'd like to hear thoughts about it, what's good, what's bad, what's broken. Phoneposters go away.

In order to use eitochan, you need a userstyle plugin such as Stylus, a userscript plugin such as Greasemonkey or Tampermonkey, some way to block Zig Forums's default scripts without preventing XHRequests such as uMatrix, and enough luck to prevent those plugins from conflicting with one another. Ideally you should disable Zig Forums's CSS too, though it's much more likely to conflict with uMatrix, and eitochan attempts to delete any style files from the pages anyway.
Note: There's only very basic support for moderators, but the basics should work fine.

Source code and downloads here:
gitgud.io/sun/eitochan/tree/master
A more permanent dev thread also here:
>>>/mage/131

Attached: eitoreply.png (1504x1032 512.7 KB, 685.61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

git-scm.com/docs/giteveryday
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The latest version integrates thread/board watcher into the left side of the window. It lets you follow boards or individual threads and see updates that happen in them (new or bumped threads in boards, and new posts in threads). You can also drag to reorganize the list however you want.

Other features include but are not limited to:
- loading the catalog of multiple boards at the same time, color coding threads from different boards, and auto-updating the catalog with all of them. This remembers all your filters and such and is generally more consistent with normal catalog pages and will never miss a thread, unlike nerve center.
- visual indicators in catalog to show which threads have been bumped and which are new since you last loaded that catalog. Hovering over or clicking (respectively) removes the indicators, there's also buttons to unmark all of them.
- much more sophisticated post filtering/highlighting, although there's no UI for them so you have to edit them in the source code for now.
- more informative relative timestamps, reply links, browser tab notifications for new posts/threads/(you)s, thread statistics (bottom right of threads(now in a console bar at top))
- a genyoutube link is added to youtube links/embeds, to make video downloading easier
- a menu window that lets you load information from certain other pages (board list etc) without needing to open it in a separate browser tab, and has links to the board log and such
- significantly cleaned up visual look, though I acknowledge that some of it is just my opinion
- horizontal posting, fits thin posts side by side to fit more posts on screen (you can easily disable it from the bottom of the CSS file)
- ability to rename files before posting, includes a randomize button that puts a random number as the name
- image options button, includes saucenao and other image search links and a way to open...
- ...a video player that plays webms/mp4s from the current page and automatically switches to the next one when the current one finishes
- automatic password rotation (without hindering the ability to delete posts), to make it harder to associate your posts with one another
- post form tells you if your post contains too many images, too big filesize, too long body, etc, and tells you what the limits are. Bypass captcha appears on the post form rather than an annoying popup as well
- categorization and easy editing of favorited boards (click the icon next to the board list, to create category add "-" beside the name)
- "official" support of a light gray and dark themes (dark theme may be less polished)
- and of course the feature that started it all; a console where you can type text commands, though it has less utility than it used to. See the /mage/ dev thread for a list of commands.

To be honest I haven't used Zig Forums in it's default form in so long that I'm not sure what I've added and changed compared to it as time went by. A lot of the features can be configured/disabled at the beginning of the script or the bottom of the CSS file.

I bet you're one of those insufferable types who post there.

kill yourself btw, pedo

No no, you see, both are crap. The scum of Zig Forums.
Your answer tells much, you're a certified faggot.

Why are both bad?

Woah, this is pretty cool...

Looks nice but your repo seems messy...

I just use gitgud as a glorified file host to be honest.

Lord almighty!
git-scm.com/docs/giteveryday

OLD is an old version that works without disabling Zig Forums's CSS, and OLD2 is the previous version that doesn't have a thread watched on the left side. I wanted them to be easily available without having to dig through some history or anything, but I guess I can move them elsewhere.

The answer is branches

This looks nice but unironically I use Qutebrowser as a main web browser.

I like you op, you can stay.

You can use greasemonkey scripts with qutebrowser. You download the .js file and drop it in a certain directory. Can't find the page I read this on atm.

Just ran this script to test and man.
IT'S SLOW AS FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
If fixing 8ch's scripts meant slowing it down times the radious of the sun, then you've done it.

Slow in what way? I haven't been able to test the new version on a slower computer yet so I can't tell.

If you mean freezing during the first page load, then I probably know why that is. It basically moves the entire page into a new container to make it easier to do certain things, I was hoping it wouldn't cause problems but I might just have to do it the hard way instead.

Will try this out in the morning. Looks cool though

I changed the page initialization so that it won't do this and I think it should be much faster(?). There might be problems related to page scrolling that I overlooked though.

Aaand that made every page show "Zig Forums" as the title. Fixed.