Solus OS

Solus is an independent desktop operating system based on the Linux kernel. It is offered as a curated rolling release model under the slogan "Install Today. Updates Forever". Solus contains a wide variety of desktop environments depending on release chosen, options include Solus's own Budgie Desktop, GNOME, MATE and soon KDE Plasma.

How come i never heard of this?
Is this good? Anyone use it yet? Or is it botnet?
It even comes with a meme url
getsol.us/

Attached: Solus_3_with_Budgie_Desktop.png (1919x1080, 991.07K)

Shitpost.

Sorry, it's even worse. It's the usual "freedesktopware, proprietary and bloated software with a flat theme" meme but it's independant; meaning they wasted much more effort to get this joke.

Just run Gentoo and be done with it, faggot.

They actually make their own packages, it's not based on anything.

I've been following developments on Budgie 11, it never seemed to make progress.

So Ubuntu but without the vidya support.

Stopped reading there. Start from scratch, or don't bother.

Fuck off Kevin

no the whole premise of solus is easy gaming

It seems good, but it's sold as a justwerks distro and Mint feels better for that purpose, mainly because Mint has less special snowflake pieces so it's easier to look up help for it.

Attached: 134294.jpg (384x313, 93.44K)

Does it have systemdick?

Yes.

Welp

Regardless, devs and distributors only go out of their way for Ubuntu, and that's not going to change until Ububtu dies.

I like the idea of having many options available for the user, and also derivations of a main project so that if the original distro goes full CIA, you have a fallback for everyone not interested in sucking glowing nigger cock. But just why the fuck do people feel the need for there to be not two or three but a gorillion different distros based on debian/ubuntu. Why the fuck not something else/different like Void, NixOS, GuixSD, Tails, etc?

I'm worried about reading comprehension in this board.

sorry, I wasn't talking specifically about Solus. Just distros in general

Attached: trashman.png (150x200, 58.97K)

When can we go back to 90s style desktop interfaces where everything poped and was metal style

Attached: full.gif (800x600, 533.04K)

Just use something yourself. The more people use something, the wider adoption it has.

Attached: 2018-12-30-015102_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 425.48K)

"Hey GNU/Linux users. I noticed that there weren't enough package managers and conventions out there, so I introduced another one :)"
I do not understand the point. It looks cool, but ultimately seems like a new way to further complicate software support on Linux.

Portage should be the standard. We have enough computing power to justify compiling everything on the user's machines these days.

As much as I am able to compile software, I'm perfectly happy to make use of other people's compiling time to compile general purpose versions of programs in order to save my own time.

I like Mint, but its problem is some of the packages in the default repo are critically out of date. Not a problem for most users, but gayman (especially emulation) will run into major problems.

Portage supports binary packages.