Tfw 16GB of RAM and you don't even regret it one bit

Mmm, tabs and workspaces...

Attached: f7ed3449bba067eb9ff9fd7fc985e5cb4138b1a43719bbdb7c265c5bf0c273c1.jpg (560x577, 208.75K)

what are you even doing with your life?

Attached: i pity you.jpg (411x420, 24.48K)

I use 4g for my /tmp and don't even have a swap. I have more ram than I know what to do with.

Attached: 1450321536269-0.jpg (316x316, 49.98K)

4gb of ram is enough for anyone. I had 24gb and put some in other computers because there's not much point past 8-10gb, unless you run windows I guess.

Attached: e299577955ed012e08302181867600beacca40096865b8c76eb401194d5ea75d.jpg (1200x1080, 376.98K)

Isn't that illegal?

hey if it makes you feel better go for it. just know we know you aren't actually using it all.
it's like buying big condoms when you have a small dick, you only fooled the cashier

RAM is cheap, I don't think you know how this showing off thing works. I have more than that btw thanks to Linux' retarded OoM killer not doing its job.

Attached: the-persistence-of-memory.gif (320x240, 1.82M)

I struggle to use even 2GB of RAM

except web browsers. you forgot web browsers

If you use tabs like bookmarks, perhaps.

20+ tabs on Chromium generally, and I rarely use more than 2. I never use more than 4 unless I am using VM's or playing gayms.

When you must emerge qtwebengine or gcc +pgo, you're glad you went for 16. Some imagemagick with GNU parallel stuff I do also needs more than 8.

fite me irl faggots

I am disgusted by my own boner

Why would you overclock it?

The same reason anyone overclocks consumer ram, might as well get the full performance from your hardware. ECC ram is actually easier to overclock, because I can see how fast corrected errors come in, and can truly verify that it's stable and error free long term by checking logs.

Other than the fact it's not binned, ECC ram is fucking awesome. Expect to see binned ECC marketed to EXTREME GAMERS when people eventually catch on to how nice it is.

tl;dr placebo effect

It is enough, hell 2gb is enough for firefox on a lightweight wm and no other graphical progs. Noscript and blocking 3rd party requests massively improves performance and memory usage.

Because modern memory clearly isn't fast enough for steam games and chrome.

Its not placebo. ECC shows you exactly how error prone your timings are.

Is 16 alot for a wangblows computer? I thought it was pretty standard and anything past it would be overkill unless for special tasks like 3d modelling.

I have 8 and with a dual monitor that's usually playing jewtube clips while gaming it can be a limitation depending on the game and length of video. I told myself I'd get another 4-8 gb down the line when I was building it because RAM was stupidly expensive at the time - fuck you niggers buying up all the RAM and you cryptokikes buying up all the Videocards inflating their prices.

RAM had limited supply throughout 2018 because the cartel making it decided unanimously that they wanted higher profits, there was no big demand spike to raise prices retail side

Yes, 8 is a bit tight if you want to run some very heavy programs/games, 16 is enough for everything but the most extreme RAMdisk/VM setups and some work software.

Getting what you want out of your hardware cuts a whole host of ways. You generally don't overclock server hardware because it would then run hotter and decrease the lifetime.
I see no value in overclocking generally speaking, but maybe I'm the weird one for regularly using my hardware for a full decade before scrapping it.

Where did you download that much RAM from, user?

Silicon isn't a banana, as long as it's within spec you'll be fine

It's like crack, you can't go down once you've had a taste of the good life

Attached: 100% Hood.jpg (616x616, 108.59K)

For a few seconds, yes, then the regret hits you like a freight train

Fake and gay

Are you for real?

But can you run Hello World in Java?

>>>/g/
>>>/4chan/

RAM is such a fucking meme.

Attached: hype_vs_delivery.gif (700x700, 3.93M)

Browsers just are retarded. All of them. Everything works fine on any computer, even computers ten years old. It all just falls apart when it comes to browsing and browsers. All that shit is just broken.

The only meme here is linux being terrible at cache management

stay unilluminated nolights

I've been running with 2.5GB RAM for almost a year now and it's good enough for anything. Maybe if I did 3D modeling I'd need more, dunno what could need more really. The real problem is that I can't read/write it more than 4GB/s so I can't downscale my images more than 4x in less than 16.66ms to match my screen's refresh rate. Then again all that means is there will be a slight delay (far less than any other existing image viewer) when downscaling past 4x which most images don't require anyway.

You'd think it's only browsers until you've used Gthumb or Eye of Gnome (not so much RAM hogs, but they're dog shit slow)

When I put together my current daily driver (not for gaming, just browsing and work) about 3-4 years ago, I got 8 GB RAM because going lower would've not been worth it price-wise. I barely go over 2 GB too and I compile a lot. (gentoo, with the portage work directory as tmpfs nontheless)
I use Palemoon and rarely have less than 20-30 tabs open. (tabwhore)
More RAM actually speeds up the machine though if you do a lot of multitasking, because of caching that can be done.

Also yeah, palemoon is furries. Honestly I don't care. I'm pretty sure there's not a single browser in existence that doesn't have some kind of degenerate (SJW,tranny-whatever) working on it, as pozzed as the whole industry is.

Actually fried bananas are pretty tasty. Try it. Just pan-fry a sliced banana (no peel you imbecile) with some oil.

DO NOT BUY HARDWARE
DO NOT SUPPORT CORPORATIONS FINANCIALLY

that feel...
wanna upgrade my toughbook to 16 but they are way overpriced on ebay.

overkill. meanwhile the 4GB are $29.61

cus

Attached: blender.png (418x365, 15.79K)

300 tabs on 2GB of ram
avoided cancer spreading software by putting effort in beforehand

What a fucking meme. Still remember how I had Ubuntu with 4gb of RAM, firefox with 3 tabs opened and did some programming. Then suddenly system started lagging as hell, it was unresponsive for like a minute. Then this happened again, and again. I reduced swapping and it didn't help. Adding 4 gb plank from my old laptop helped and wan't as hard and expensive as ANY software solution I'd have to apply.

nigger I have played decently demanding games with 10+ tabs of JS hell open in a browser (along with a music player and steamed open) with 4gb of RAM just fine
if you use kuso browsers or fell for the "I'll just read those 90 other pages later, let's open one more tab" meme, you probably have ADHD. I also have an "ancient" computer (athlon tier "dinosaur") that has 3gb of DDR2 and it runs the internetz amazing

Attached: 1548185408337.png (1280x720, 389.97K)

win10 uses 100% of hdd almost all of the time, ram not a prolbme

Such as the likes of After Effects and Full HD video editing.