Qutebrowser and QtWebEngine

What does Zig Forums think about qutebrowser and QtWebEngine?

I started using qutebrowser a couple of days ago, and it's so much nicer than Firefox and forks.
It uses QtWebEngine in the back end, it's much more responsive and with the Vi-like keybinds, it's such a pleasure to use.
It uses less RAM as well (with the same 8ch tabs open at least).

The only problem is the lack of a proper ad blocker (it uses a hosts file like method atm) and umatrix/noscript like functionality atm.
Suppose we'll have to wait until the extension API is done github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/30

What are your thoughts on security and privacy of qutebrowser/QtWebEngine?

QtWebEngine is ripped from Chromium after all.
wiki.qt.io/QtWebEngine says
Is that enough for it to be trustworthy?
Web engines are huge, surely there's a chance that within millions upon millions of lines of code, some malicious Google code remains in the web engine?
And why the fuck does it depend on dbus ffs?

In any case, qutebrowser really does seem like the only fine browser out there.
How come it's not talked about more?

Attached: main.png (696x420, 45.5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/30
wiki.qt.io/QtWebEngine
otter-browser.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It uses QT.

I use it. The bad are Python (the parts made with it can be slow), tranny CoCk, lack of folders in bookmarks, Qtwebengine being the most horrible package to compile and developement being quite dead.
I used to think the same thing, but it works.
Well, there's per-domain settings, but it's not the same, I agree.
>Suppose we'll have to wait until the extension API is done github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/30
Good luck.
>wiki.qt.io/QtWebEngine says
Use netstat.
Because they didn't strip it out. At least, it doesn't depend on it at runtime.

If only netsurf wasn't dead.

I thought as much after seeing the name.
I started learning QT recently. looks interesting, will check it out.

I have ran netstat while qutebrowser was running and I only found some amazon aws adresses that redirect to DuckDuckGo, qutebrowser's default search engine. Pic related

Attached: spooky_botnet.png (453x36, 4.64K)

It's better than pozfox and jewgle chrome
it's best to roll your own using these massive libraries, either with C++/QT if you love bloat and the inferior C++ language, or GNU C/webkit if you prefer slightly less bloat and a programming language for white people.

so qutebrowser, more like cuckbrowser

It has a lot of crappy dependencies. It crashes all the time and has zero security. There are crash reports sending a lot of information about you. The author is a student developing it during holidays and will most probably abandon the whole thing when the real life starts happen to him. German guys can do things, but they always add some weird unnecessary shit in addition.

The only browser with real privacy is Tor Browser.

Everything

said. I use it as my default browser.
This is particularly noticeable whenever you try to use hints on a large page (some API docs I've read are just dumped into a single file and everything is hyperlinked. If I try to use hints on these pages that particular tab just freezes and dies). Also as far as I've seen the python configuration thing is a meme and it doesn't really give you that much control over the browser anyways.
I have to make modifications to my make.conf to actually get this horrifying thing to compile; as a result I put updating it off as long as possible.

nice bait

If you use your tabs like they're bookmarks, you best hope you have over 8 gigs of RAM. Also, compiling the fucking engine is a fucking disaster if you have less than 16 gigs. It's a fucking shame the browser itself is so nice to use.

So it's basically a vim emulator over Python over Qt over Chromium being developed by a student who begs for money for each line of code. Good luck with this pile of shit.

If you need vi-like controls, try vimb or luakit.

I've been getting along fine with 4G of RAM except on websites heavy on the Javashit.

Give me something that doesn't require GTK+3. Oh wait, if you dont want to use the vulnerable and abandoned version of webkit-gtk, you're forced to use GTK+3.

Well, That's your problem. vimb and luakit have already switched over to webkit2 and are secure to use now.

qutebrowser gained its popularity exactly because of outdated webkit. If you throw piles of ready-made frameworks on top of each other, you can get a quicker solution. But now the old players are back, and qutebrowser doesn't look that interesting anymore.

I do use it from time to time and it's steadily improving.
I'm not autistically prone to throwing tantrums at the mention of Python unlike most of Zig Forums, so that's a non-issue for me. In practice, it uses less memory and it's faster than most popular browsers, and that's what counts.
Unfortunately, it still can't fully replace Firefox/Chromium due to not having a proper, comprehensive extension system, but the potential is there. We'll see.

Why the fuck are you niggers arguing about 0.(0)1% marketshare browsers ?

your right user i'm going to install google chrome on windows 10 right now.

the absolute state of cia niggers, what is a sandbox

not wurf it. You're better off using vim bindings on *fox

It's compact and nice to use. I couldn't care less about what other people are using.

The performance is the biggest downside right now, not that other browsers don't choke but it pretty much freezes for 20 seconds when I try to actually load my ~80 Tabs session.
It also misses some QoL features like grouping Tabs or lazy loading that isn't simply "It doesn't load at all until you switch to the tab"

icecat

T R A S H
R
A
S
H

Just give up, get one of the credit-card sized ARMs, install an android (bonus points if the ARM has eMMC) and connect it to a small screen (12-14", so you can put it in portrait mode, get FullHD or more, the PPI will be amazing) mouse&keyboard and consume your botnet there. Android gets a lot more useful when you can actually use a keyboard and mouse. Then keep your desktop free of that crap fully. Linux is garbage in that regard, as are the available programs. Not even video hardware acceleration works in any browser. It's been like that for what? 12 years now?

Stay minimalist and rms on your desktop and to your media consumption on the botnet machine. It'll solve a lot of your headaches, trust me.

Lazy session loading can be enabled with :set session.lazy_restore true

Same. Qutebrowser is probably the best browser I've used but qtwebengine is horrifying when it comes to compiling it. I alwasy have to set MAKEOPTS to -j1 or else my PC just freezes completly until reboot

Why? What I have just works fine.

What do you think I have enabled? And it doesn't do a damn thing aside from shoving the lag to a later point in time when I need the Tabs plus it blocks half the page title with SUSPENDED.

you just don't have enough ram
make a swap file

otter-browser.org

It beats wx, but so does a kick in the dick.

And Chromium is ripped from KHTML which was a KDE/QT project. This is just the open source community taking back what jewgle stole from them.

still no addons

This. Set vm.swappiness to 1 or higher to prevent a full freeze when using swap.

why do open source licenses allow rich evil jewish corporations like Google to steal code and then turn it into orwellan botnet that works against humans
open source licenses are cuck and botnet

were open source licenses made by jews? is (((Stallman))) a jew?

SOON

Why wouldn't you just use an old PC with Windows 7 for that?

FREE SOFTWARE = cucks & controlled opposition

not surprised the main people of free software are jews