Smart Guns!

Attached: PLSINSERTREGISTRATIONTOUSE.gif (400x400, 3.08M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qc_z4a00cCQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

that exact same interface, a micro arduino, sensitivity gauge on the spring, small led display, done.

Fun post, but I've read most everything available about this slide and it won't be anywhere near as kiked as that. While we've pondered it on Zig Forums we haven't quite figured out how it communicates with itself, but what we do know is that the magazine follower communicates with the slide in such a way that the slide can tell how high the follower is and therefore how many rounds are left. It can use any brand of magazine so long as you use their follower and slide.

So some sort of wireless communication that is accurate within a few millimeters and can fit into the follower of a Glock magazine. While it's "smart" I don't think it actually communicates with anything outside of itself.

I'd get one if it doesn't end up being stupid fucking expensive. Also if there's anything to make fun of it's the new app they're also making that keeps count of how many rounds have been fired in total from the gun that the app is connected to via a device that clips to your accessory rail. Now that is going to be some dumb network of things shit.

Smart devices for retarded users.

Gunpowder is a bloat, a high-velocity pointy stick is all you need. It's silent, you can shoot around corners, hit your target without leaving cover, hit multiple targets with one shot, and you don't need a permission from daddy government. You can even build your own bow yourself.
youtube.com/watch?v=qc_z4a00cCQ

Attached: xbow-making-instructions-1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.HjAESLs5oK.jpg (300x400, 32.48K)

I could see it trend that way. This IoT bullshit keeps trying to push everything in that direction.

Oh it definitely will. Like I said their new app is complete retardation. I give it at best 2 years before somebody comes out with the same thing but with social media integration and a backdoor kill switch. Gun owners have been pretty good so far about fighting back against tech integration in guns but this device is getting received a lot better than the previous ones.

user really?

There are different methods it uses. The one in the OP is an inertial sensor, there is the magazine follower version you mention and also a third type which only notifies you of the last few rounds - I've not bothered to work out that one since I only heard about this yesterday.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1500x1000, 1.09M)

The one in OP is the follower version. It can tell that a magazine is partially loaded if you insert a partial mag and take an accurate round count. The phone app they built is what uses the inertial sensor to build a total rounds fired count.

I still wouldn't trust it without seeing the source code, and even then I still wouldn't.

It's literally just a fucking OLED display to tell you how many rounds you have in the mag, you fucking brainless nigger coon.
Go fucking defenestrate yourself for a chicken nugget you slavish jigaboo primate retard.

Attached: 33b7941a687b0664b80617e33305d44de5b084696d03fc88af02cd69cb1857d8.png (584x588, 164.17K)

It's called controller. Not arduino.

Attached: alien_semiotic_01_full.jpg (2048x1489, 570.55K)

niggers can't into counting
sure they won't need to in the near future, knowing how much one is will be enough for them

in no fucking way that shooting will be controlled by electronics you fucking faggot

Attached: 4199473156400a3a8b8bdbeae56b4769.jpg (736x548, 61.95K)

Watch it get legislated into existence. Anytime you tell yourself, "Can it get any more dystopian?" it will.

Couldn't this just use some sort of sliding contact or switch inside the magazine? Would be cool to have an LCD display with a little compass in the top and a blue backlight. Like an MA5 from Halo. Now THAT was a game.

Is it really so difficult for someone to remember how many shots they fired and how many were in the magazine?

It is when you're in fight or flight mode. Not every person in the situation where a hand gun is needed has the luxury of counting shot fired in addition to considering for one or more opponents and their physical locations in addition to people that you specifically want to avoid shooting. This is a real high stress situation.

Aren't military and police trained to account for that stress?
Regardless, this is why I like revolvers even more.

It's only a matter of time before you shoot yourself.

Introducing: world's easiest full auto conversion!

Attached: 1442731474587-1.jpg (960x960, 129.72K)

Too bad the people at IoT companies are never satisfied with the simple and reliable options.

You can easily forget how many rounds you've got left in a revolver, and you can't see if a round is spent or not because you either don't see it altogether or you just see a tiny sliver of the rim. This is why transparent/perforated magazines is a thing.

Yeah and now what? It's already legal but retarded.

Compass is bloat, that game isn't good.

I know exactly the scene that OP reminded you of.

Attached: 800px_COLOURBOX29241782.jpg (495x800, 8.74K)

Psycho-Pass future here we come.

Halo guns when?

can i run gentoo on it?

It probably runs the linux kernel already.

If that stopped just one school shooting, if that save just one child's life, then it's worth it.

wtf i hate guns now

well, if I would work in army, or hell, even as a citizen I would love to know how many niggers I can shoot yet

fuck no.
I doubt your alarm clock runs linux, this shit obvously doesn't.

All this does is make people more reliant on another point of failure.
Instead of only mechanical issues, now electronic issues are inserted.
There's a reason why electronics with mechanical systems suck, because the mechanical systems fail.
There's a reason why mechanical systems with electronics suck, because the electronics fail.
If you can't remember how many rounds you've shot against how many you yourself loaded into the magazine, you need more practice, not another point of failure.

The gun still shoots even if the electronic stuff stops working completely, you only lose the round counter.

This is the slippery slope that it's heading to. Good thing that guns are simple machines and don't require a whole lot of precise tools to manufacture when necessary.

In any state where gun control is one of the government's goals, electronically fired guns are never, ever, ever going to be allowed, let alone mandated. The reason:

memes aside, can that thing even survive being mounted right on the back of a pistol's slide? there are some pretty crazy g forces right there. I can't imagine it holding up after a few thousand rounds.

You'd be surprised by the low impulse the reciprocating parts of a gun are subject to, mainly because it's an expanding gas that propels the bullet and because of the high amount of spring force that acts on a handgun's slide. Air guns have much higher impulses, even if they have lower recoil.

The new soy "engineers" will use a 'System on chip', boot linux and run a javascript program (launched with systemD) to manage the alarm clock. The lone advantage will be the utilization of tzdatabase. The marketing fags will slap on: